Date Function

I have two different users, who have the same machines and the same
version of office. However when one of the users types in a date; i.e -
10/02/2005, and then goes to format the cell, they can click on a date
type that will look like;
"*Thursday 10 February 2005".

However on the second users machine this function is not present, all
they have the option of is;
"*10 February 2005".

I dont know why it is missing of the day?? Can someone please help me?

--
andyb7901
andyb7901's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25551

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't know the answer, and I do not have that format, but you can easily
get it with a custom format of dddd dd mmmm yyyy

--

HTH

RP

"andyb7901" <andyb7901.1tycya_1124355905.0229@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:andyb7901.1tycya_1124355905.0229@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have two different users, who have the same machines and the same
> version of office. However when one of the users types in a date; i.e -
> 10/02/2005, and then goes to format the cell, they can click on a date
> type that will look like;
> "*Thursday 10 February 2005".
>
> However on the second users machine this function is not present, all
> they have the option of is;
> "*10 February 2005".
>
> I dont know why it is missing of the day?? Can someone please help me?
>

> --
> andyb7901
> andyb7901's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25551
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396764

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/18/2005 10:19:59 AM
I think it's a windows setting that's different.

Windows start button|control panel|regional settings
On winxp, on the regional Options tab, click customize, then date tab.
(Other versions of windows follow a different path.)

Check the long date format for each pc.  I think you'll find them different.

But if you read that footnote (the asterisk at the beginning of the sample),
you'll see that excel will use the windows date format for this format.

So if you choose one of those formats marked with an asterisk, you'll never know
what that cell looks like when someone else opens your workbook -- well, you
will if they tell you!

andyb7901 wrote:

> I have two different users, who have the same machines and the same
> version of office. However when one of the users types in a date; i.e -
> 10/02/2005, and then goes to format the cell, they can click on a date
> type that will look like;
> "*Thursday 10 February 2005".
>
> However on the second users machine this function is not present, all
> they have the option of is;
> "*10 February 2005".
>
> I dont know why it is missing of the day?? Can someone please help me?
>
> --
> andyb7901
> andyb7901's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25551
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=396764

--

Dave Peterson
0

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Index & Matching Functions
I have created a workbook with three sheets. The first contains data pertaining to a project type and a specific ID number that I have assigned to it. For Example: 1 Areospace Ground Equipment Complexes 2 Hangers 3 Maintenance Facilities 4 Warehouse Etc..... I have another sheet that contains a database of all my firm's completed projects in which I detail several fields (i.e. project number, description, location, cost, client, and its Project Type ID#-taken from the list aforemention...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

Finding Certain Dates
I get paid on the 1st and 15th of every month unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday. If that happens I get paid on the business day prior to the 1st or 15th. I have a flash that pops up on paydays by nesting the IF function: (=(IF(AND(B200=2,C200=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B201=3, C201=1),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B202=3,C202=15),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B203=3,C202=30),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y", IF(AND(B204=4,C204=13),"P * A * Y * D * A * Y",IF(AND(B205=5,C205=1) ,...

Month to Date information
I am using a table that has the Date as the Primary key. I have built a userform that shows the various related Revenues that occured on that date, but I would like to show Month-to-Date information on that as well, i.e., if the current date being viewed is 20 July 2007, I would like the month-to-date add up all of the revenues from 01 July through 20 July. If I'm viewing 31 Aug 2007, I would like the revenues to add up 01-31 August. I am very new to Access,(so new, in fact, I have the "Dummy Book"), so dumb it down if you can. Thanks so much! This will give you all b...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

Implement Help function
Hello, I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help function. For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer' will show you a window with a question button on the titlebar. Is it possible to have this in dlg-based application?? thx "Wes" <saruman@pandora.be> wrote in message news:uiWUxx5sEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a MFC dlg-based application where I want to implement a help > function. > For example, in Windows XP, going to the 'Properties' of 'My Computer'...

Date Fields 01-22-08
Thanks to all the advice I have received but I seriously need more help (in more ways than one). The crux of the problem is that I need to insert a date into ClockStarts field and have access display another date into TargetDate field (plus 20 days but excluding Sat/Sun and holidays) If someone could give me the code to do this I would be forever in your debt. Thanks =Now() (if you want a date AND time value) =Date() (if you want date only) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Ment...

Enlarged Input Box and today's date input
I have a sheet that I want a salesperson to record daily notes with a client. When they click on the cell I want a flyout type box (or enlarged box) that can scroll up and down to see past notes. I would like the lines to be entered bottom up so the last entry will be the one that shows in the cell when the cell is not selected. I would like the input line to automatically have today's date in the beginning and the cursor be next to that so an entry can be typed in. I hope this isn't too big a request! Thanks! Steve You may want to look at Data|Form to see if that does what...

formulae for dates
below formulae =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND("",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) gives an output is mm/dd/yy on entering 0 years x months but if I enter 0 years 10 months or 11 months it gives me wrong date e.g if entered 0 years 10 months it gives 31 april 2006 plz advise thanks Hi Gerald You are missing the space between the quotes in your formula Try =TODAY()-(LEFT(C1,2)*365.25)-((MID(C1,7+FIND(" ",MID(C1,7,99)),2))*365.25/12) -- Regards Roger Govier "Gerald" <Gerald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF4029E-2BAA...

Exact function
I've created a simple spreadsheet. Column A is a list of 15,034 used Work Order reference numbers (many values are missing); Column C is a complete list (25,000 WO numbers). I want to get a separate list of unused numbers, but can't get the EXACT function to work. ( I believe it should place a TRUE value in column D when the numbers match.) I've used: =OR(EXACT(C1,$A$1:$A$15034)), which I replicated down column D. It gives me nothing but FALSE values, even though about half the numbers match. BTW, I do get a TRUE value if I use =EXACT(C21,A1), so it may be an array problem....

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

Excel VBA problem
I have 2 Excel tables, part of the first table looks as follows. I kee track of parts in production by entering completion dates for eac process they go through. S/N Kitting SMT 1st Assembly Inspection 10001 30-Jun 2-Jul 8-Jul 10002 24-Jun 27-Jun 10003 Note: This table needs to be flexible in terms of the number of S/N' as well the number of processes entered. For example, there could b 15 processes parts need to go through. In addition, there could be 1 identical parts in production. I need help writing a macro which will go through each line and take the latest comple...

Save Restore Point to specific date
Is it possible permanently save the Restore Point to specific date (one day) as file? No it's not. Restore points are not complete backups, they depend on the integrity all newer restore points to work - thus they cannot be used alone. "anime" <anime@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message news:uq00jx09KHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible permanently save the Restore Point to specific date (one > day) as file? "Dave and Rosanna" <davexnett05@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ey8Oeh29KHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx....

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

Trim Function
Hi everybody I am trying to use a macro to trim a selected range but I can't seem to get it to function - the code looks like this Range("A2:R600").Select Dim MyString, TrimString MyString = " <-Trim-> " TrimString = Trim(MyString) TrimString = "<-Trim->" End sub I would be grateful for any suggetsions on how I can get this to work Thanks in anticipation Bill Hi Bill, Try this, Dim rngTemp As Range For Each rngTemp In Range("A2:R600") rngTemp.Value = Trim(rngTemp.Value) Next Cheers A...

The hide PivotTable items functionality is gone in my excel 2000
Hi, The hide PivotTable items functionality is gone in my excel 2000, meaning I do not see any drop down box to push... Any thoughts? Brgds Endre Your file is corrupted or MS will be sending you an ad for 2007? God Bless Frank Pytel "Endre" wrote: > Hi, > > The hide PivotTable items functionality is gone in my excel 2000, meaning I > do not see any drop down box to push... Any thoughts? > > Brgds > Endre No worries... When excel had a day to cool down, it decided to show me the drop down box'es the day after. Thanks anyway! Endre "Frank ...

Query Date Range
How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start and end date? Hi, Design a select query for your table. add all fields to the design grid. In criteria box of the date field write this Between #BeginningDate# And #EndingDate# and run the query to find results. JB "karenfocus" wrote: > How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start > and end date? My current criteria is in a query date field and is written Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date] but when I run the query from the first day of the month to the...

Date order #2
I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowlin score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not i chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering i when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the sam date. Thank -- scottnoddin7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottnoddin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2665 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39932 Scott, If you've typed bona-fide dates, they'll s...

Date Conditional in Javascript
I have a date-only attribute called CFDDateReceived that I was setting to the current date in an OnLoad event script as follows: crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date(); It worked fine when creating new cases, but it was also resetting existing case dates. I have tried every which way I can think of to change this statement to a conditional. My latest effort as follows: if (crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue == "" ) {crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date();}; I know it's got to be somethiing simple, but it seems to be beyond me. Ca...

How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions?
Hello How to see columns from which values were not returned (or were returned) by HLOOKUP functions on a worksheet? All formulas contain only HLOOKUP functions. The table_array s include all columns on the worksheet. If I'm interpreting your question correctly, one solution would be to run a Histogram of the formula results. That would show how many occurrences of each result were obtained. If you're unfamiliar with the Histogram function, you need to have installed the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (go to Tools/Add-ins and click on Analysis Toolpak), then go to Tools/Data Analysis and s...

Microsoft Access Help Function Sample
With the help of Alex Dybenko and Stuart McCall I have created a help function for Access that uses an internal table to store help information rather than the traditional Access help file. The benefits are that you do not have to prepare and maintain an Access help file or buy software to create it. It can also be edited by users if you allow it. An explanation is available at http://www.projectperfect.com.au/microsoft-access-sample-8.htm and you can download the sample database from the same web address. Please send any feedback for improvements. Interesting. Simple an...

The "Organise" button and included functions doesn't work (2003)
Hello, I've just upgraded to 2003 from 2000, and i was tying to ad colours to certain emails. i've gone to "organise", now for some reaso off the toolbar and into the tools menu. however once i get to tha option, i get the normal screen: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011330431033.aspx exactly as i should, however, clicking on the colors and views tab does nothing, nor does clicking on the X for the organise pane however, if i click on the new folder and rules and alerts buttons i the pane, they work normally. as a temporary stop gap, i've added a part...