Date Format turn to Year

Hi,

I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years
later.

=Year(A1)    I'm getting the result  1900 instead of 1965.

I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965.

Your help would be much apprecated.

Thanks

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What's in A1?

Are you sure it's a real date?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Format one cell in a row based on value of another cell in that ro
I have a worksheet with Columns A through E with muliple rows. I want to format cell En if the contents of cell Bn equals the contents of Cell F1 Hi, Select column E by clicking the letter E at the top then enter the following conditional format formula =and(b1<>"",b1=$f$1) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "NYAZCA" wrote: > I have a worksheet with Columns A through E with muliple rows. > I want...

Date Format in Footer
Is there away to change the format of the date in the footer of an excel document? Keith in Las Vegas Hi Keith, One solution is to code it: you can put the following code into the thisWorkbook object and everytime you print the format will be what ever you code here: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "M-DD-YYYY") End Sub All you need to do is modify the "M-DD-YYYY" any way you want. These are just the date format codes you see when you choose Format, Cells, Number tab, Date, then Custom. For...

How to turn off standard control functions
I am writing some arrays that were filled with data from text files into cells and every time I write to a cell the code jumps to the Worksheet_Change() function. I do have some conditions in there that get checked for use in other places but I would like to turn that off for some of my operations. What is the code for turning off these functions? Thank you! One way is to just tell excel to stop looking for anything that would fire any event, do the work and tell it to start looking again. Application.enableevents = false 'your code that does lots of stuff application.e...

2008 payroll year end
Does anyone know anything about closing 2008 payroll in gp, my question is once you create the year end file can you reopen it to do qtr 4 reports in January 2009 or does the process close the year and no acess is allowed to 2008 please help! Jim Schmerbeck Empowered Business Soilutions Microsoft Gold Certified Partner 814-942-8777 ext 117 The year-end wage file is where the W2 forms are printed. The period end reports don't really have anything to do with that table. You should be able to get those with the date range any time you want them for any period in the system. I'...

series / date help
I understanding using the fill handle and the series command, But what i need and cant get excel to do is to do a colum of this 01/10/03 01/25/03 02/10/03 02/25/03 with those exact dates add the month as it goes along ,u cant add 15 because of the different months have different days. and if drag the fill handle down it just repeats the above. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi fordguy, You can use this formula to fill the series in the way you want: =IF(DAY(A4)=10,DATE(YEAR(A4),MONTH(A4),25),DATE(YEAR(A4),MONTH(A4)+1,10)) Just paste this below the last date you...

Change Date Format in Excel 2002 Footers
is there a way to automatically set up a workbook so that all worksheets ahve a date footer "DD MMMM, YY" rather than the current default "DD/MM/YY". I am aware of KB article 213742 and have created a work around. However I am looking for a more automatic process that will also cover inserted worksheets. Thanks Barry S Barry, You could try this code in the ThisWorkbbok code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "dd mmmm, yy") End With End Sub This will apply to...

Faxination RTF trouble. Lost formatting.
Hello, We're using the Fenestrae Faxination for Microsoft Exchange version 4.2 and having trouble with Rich Text document attachments. In the Installation & Configuration Guide it reads (p. 26): Traditional converters are handled (.TXT, .RTF and so on), however, the more complex conversions are handled through Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) and Common Object Module (COM) automation, making it possible to support most file types, like MS Word, MS Excel and so on. We have installed the US English Microsoft Office 2000 suite on the fax server. Yet, it seems that Word documents save...

Pivot Table
Is there a way in a Pivot table to compare 2 time frames, calculate the $ Amount of Change between these to dates, and then sort by the $ Amount of Change. I have figured out how to compare the 2 dates and was able to calculate the the change outside of the pivot table, but then I can not sort this in descending order. I think this calucation may need to be inside the pivot table to sort by it, but I do not know how to create the calculated field to compare the same data from one year against the same data from the next year. Company 2008 Sales 2009 Sales $ chang...

Date ranges based on related table
Any tips on best way to do this. I have two tables, related one to many Case--Payments I need a query that finds the last payment for each case and outputs an X in one of three columns based on DateDiff('d',LastPayment,Date()) being 0-30 days, 31-90 days or over 90 days. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". UNTESTED UNTESTED UNTESTED SELECT Case.ID, (SELECT Max([PayDate]) FROM Payments WHERE Case.ID = Payments.ID) AS LastPayment, DateDiff('d', (SELECT Max(...

Format Palette disappears
I am using a G-4 tower running OS 10.2. Suddenly, in my version of Word (10.1.1) in Office for Mac X, whenever I click on the format palette button, the palette rushes to the bottom of the screen and disappears. When I click the darkened button on the toolbar, the palette rushes to the top and disappears into the toolbar. No other tool seems to be doing this. When I go to the View menu and click on format palette, it does the same thing. Can anyone help me? I find the palette very useful and would like to continue using it. In article <70ce2c7.0410201356.2cf7e3f0@posting.google.com>, s...

How to turn off html on Notes

Format phone numbers in Outlook 2003
Hi Folks, Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the format in which phone numbers (mobile numbers in particular) are displayed in Outlook 2003 Contacts? I would like to prevent a mobile number from having its first two characters treated as an area code. Currently, if I enter a mobile number as xxxxxxxxxx Outlook re-formats it to (xx) xxxx-xxxx. This is what I would like to prevent. TIA Jamie Should I have posted this to a different group or is the question one that has been asked too often? Jamie "Jamie Richards" <junkmail@demolition.com> wrote in mes...

Date format in query export.
I am exporting a query to a .csv file. In a Date field I formatted as so: FormattedActivityDate: Format([Activity Date],"yyyy/mm/dd") The date in the .csv file shows up in the format, "m/dd/yyyy". Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks. Are you certain the field is a date field and not text? Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Hansplay" <Hansplay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6329CF7-6A0B-440C-9807-58877BB926AC@microsoft.com... > I am exporting a query to a .csv file. In a Date field I formatted as so: > > ...

Table accounting format
Hi, In 2003 Acces tables (and before...) when i define a single field strictly positive with the following format everything was working fine: "CHF. "* #'##0.00 same result as MS Excel accounting format with currency at the left of the table cell and the value on the right! I see only right now that this seems not to work in Access 2007 O_O I would like to know if something changed? if it's an issue? Is there a simple solution? Thanks for your help ...

Update table with date and number
I'm trying to update a table with the current date and the current user ID but I keep getting a syntax error. Could somebody check my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Dim strUserID As Integer strUserID = DLookup("UserID", "q_GetUser") CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE (pt_PurchaseOrders) SET pt_PurchaseOrders.CancelledDate = Date(), pt_PurchaseOrders.CancelledBy = strUserID WHERE pt_PurchaseOrders.PONumber = " & Me.PONumber JB - Two things - you want the RunSQL statement (not the Execute), and also the strUserID needs to have ...

How do I check which cells in column are date format?
Hi A few weeks ago I located the answer to this but now I can't find it anywhere. I have a formula that adds 10 years to a date in the cell next to it. My problem is, if one of the dates is not formatted correctly, the formula returns an error. I am sure all I had to do was something along the lines of =(CELL)ISDATE or something like that. It just said TRUE or FALSE........ I may be miles wrong here but I hope someone can help. I just need to see if all the cells in the column are formatted correctly. Kind regards Malcolm Malcolm. A quick look at the CELL function in help wou...

How to create a date mask and drop down list?
I am not sure if this is the proper wording, but is their anyway t create a standard date function/mark, to type dates in without havin to type DASH, having to type out the entire year etc.... Also how can I create a drop downlist to choose from (that show results when I type the first letter or second letter) in a column? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks -Niko -- Niko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nikos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=986 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Text Format with Pictures
I just started having problems with my website that has been working for years. Now the text is either over or under the pictures and when I right click on the text box or the graphic the option to wrap text is grayed out. What's up? Lynn Lopez wrote: > I just started having problems with my website that has > been working for years. Now the text is either over or > under the pictures and when I right click on the text box > or the graphic the option to wrap text is grayed out. > What's up? Wrap options are not available in web design layout mode of Publish...

Showing XHTML text in Word 2007 with the formatting via webservices
What i am doing is to pull the data from a CMS and import it to Word 2007 Beta and i also have to export the data from Word 2007 Beta back to that CMS. We have with us two Web Services of the CMS. The Web Services are explained as follows: IMPORT WEB SERVICE: 1) This web service pulls the entire data from a particular page of CMS and returns an XHTML string. 2) I use this web service to grab this XHTML content in a string. The code to achieve this is given below: String newEntireRichContent = objwsRichContent.GetRichTextContent(frmServer.authenticationToken, node); "ob...

Change Formatting of Comments on Cells
I want to change the formatting of comments on cells in a pre-existing worksheet. Right now, the formatting is: Tahoma 8pt. bold font I want to change it to: Arial 10pt. (not bold) font 1.How would I change this information for the entire worksheet or spreadsheet? (I have changed the formatting on some comments, but not all of them. I am interested in uniform readable comment formatting. Even if I can apply a marco to increase all comments font size to 10 pts., I would be very happy.) 2. What is the way to change this formatting for the default new spreadsheet template? Thank you ...

Bar Chart Date XAxis Thin Bars
I have a bar chart with dates on the xaxis being resorted (primary axis = automatic). There are 26 entries over a one year period. The trouble is the bars come out as vertical lines, I can't set the xaxis format so that they have any thickness. If I set the chart to not sort the xaxis then the bars are okay. Your axis is set so the base unit is days. Each bar must then fit within a band 1/365th the width of the chart. If you change the base unit to months, you will have two ro sometimes three points occurring at the same month. You shoucl consider changing from time scale to cate...

canot turn off sticky keys nothing works
I use Windows Vista and have inadvertently turned on something caled sticky keys which prevents fast moving through a document. None of the unstructions for turning this off sem to apply. I HATE IT. THE offer to turn it on keeos popping up and this time my finger must have slipped. Have you visited the Accessibility Options folder in Windows Control Panel and both disabled StickyKeys AND the shortcut keys that turn these options on? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jo Foster" <JoFoster@d...

conditional format #21
I would like a cell to turn red if I enter L or PB. Normally I would use a 2 conditional formats 1 for L and 1 for PB, but I need more than 3 conditional formats. Is there a way to combine the one for L and PB? When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is" and use a formula like this: =OR(A1="L",A1="PB",A1="X") You can set as many conditions as an OR() statement will accommodate: 30. Thanks Dave that worked great. "Dave O" wrote: > When setting up the conditional format, set condition 1 to "Formula is&q...