Date Format Changed when convert to Excel

Dear All,

there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then
date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/"
sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem
please help to reslove the issue.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then
>date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/"
>sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem
>please help to reslove the issue.

Most likely, the date format of your imported data does not match the date
format in your Windows Control Panel Regional Settings.  It is from the
Regional Settings (and NOT FROM WITHIN EXCEL) that is where Excel determines
how to interpret date input.
--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
9/20/2007 10:03:29 AM
Just to add to Ron's reply...

I'd give those date fields an unambiguous format (mmmm dd, yyyy) so you can see
what they are.

Then compare them to the original text file.

You may find that they "dates" that were converted don't match the original date
(01/02/03 may not be January 2nd, 2003).

And you may find that the dates that were not converted are not dates at
all--just text that look like dates.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

conditional formatting sort

learning Excel #3

Change position ID in HR

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

number format with leading 0

How do you change the APR?

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Excel VBA

Business Portal Development

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook