Date Format #8

Dear friends,
Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to
12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from
FormatCells.

--

Regards,

Mahmoud Metwally Ali
Jaicorp IT Manager
Office Tel. : (202)  3471495/361
Mob.         : (2010) 5195169

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't
have English (United States) selected.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message
> Dear friends,
> Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to
> 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from
> FormatCells.
>
> --
>

> Regards,

> Mahmoud Metwally Ali
> Jaicorp IT Manager
> Office Tel. : (202)  3471495/361
> Mob.         : (2010) 5195169

0
phillips1 (803)

Mixed formats on dates
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column and the users have mixed the formats. The column is formated as a date as m/yy. But somehow, there are entries of numbers in a similar format. Those display like 01/02. If I try to change the format to text, then those fields that are a date turn to a 5digit number, those that are numbers stay in their format. Is there a way to correct these into one or the other format? I am trying to import this into an Access database and it keeps creating an error. The problem is the mixed format. (I am aware of the trick of saving a spreadsheet as a webpage a...

Subtracting Dates in Smartlist Builder
I am trying to substract the Requested Ship date from the Invoice Date in SOP thru a calculated field in Smartlist Builder. I have tried all field types available for the result and it does not work. This is GP 9.0. Any suggestions? If you just want the number of days between the two dates, define a calculated field using the following: datediff(day,InvoiceDate,RequestedDate). Note that the formula will subtract the first parameter date from the second one, so in the above example if the InvoiceDate is less than the RequestedDate you'll get a positive number; otherwise, you'll ...

Some help with conditional formatting
Hi, I have a worksheet which details stock and last weeks sales. e,g, column A is stock, column B is 7-day sales. This extends down the worksheet several hundred lines (1 line for each product I sell) I want to put in a conditional format which will turn Column A red if it is less than column B. I have no difficulty in doing this with one cell, however I can't seem to paste this into another cell or range of cells using copy/paste special or the format painter. When I do paste into another cell the condition is copied exactly. What I want to do is write a condition where the cell...

Serialisation auto formatting #2
Hi, I'm trying to serialise some objects and I've can't get the built in serialisation to output exactly what I want. For the moment I'm implementing the IXmlSerializable interface and doing it the long way. For future reference is it possible to specify how a property should be formatted when being serialised? Example: In the following code I want the Time property to be formatted not to the default .ToString() but to .ToUniversalTime().ToString("r") [Serializable] public class Test { [XmlElement("time")] public DateTime Time; } I was wondering is t...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! ...

How to change transaction date?
I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I use online bill payment through my bank. There is a recurring rental payment each month. It is processed on the 20th for a due payment on the 25th. Money will see it and enter it into my Money account as an electronically cleared item. Sometimes the item will clear so that I have two rent payments occuring in the same month. This skews my expense report because the next month has no rental payment. I'd like to see one rent payment each month for budgeting purposes. Right now, I'm subtracting one of the rental payments manually to g...

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

cond format
Hi Everyone. Is there any way to have a column conditionally formatted so they can only enter in one of five answers "yes, no, maybe, definately, and never"? I've tried in lots of places but can't find anything. TIA Jon, yes. It's called Data Validation. Look here for more information: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2626101c462b7$76368c00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi Everyone. ...

Help #8
I upgraded windows and when i re-installed outlook, i lost all my messages and my address book. I really want to get these back. Is there any way to get them? Please help me if you can. Thank you ...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

How do I format the Auto Date font that is inserted
Sorry to bother with such a minor thing.... When creating a page that is captured from the web, a date and time is already inserted at the top of the page... which is great. The only problem is that it is so tiny and light colored font that it is hard to see. Is there a way to change that font? Thank you. Nancy PS- I just started using Onenote and it is a great program! I just love it. Perfect for what I need. Never mind... I see the answer in a previous post. Sorry, I thought I had read all the previous post headers. Nancy "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.c...

Calculating diff between date/ time only between certain hours 02-24-10
I am trying to calculate the difference in hours between a date/time range but only the hours in a certain range. 1/27/10 4:49 1/27/10 11:32 I am trying to find the diff in hours only between 6:00 and 23:59, any hours that fall outside of that time frame should not be counted. Each calculation will have different dates so if there is a way to do this without specifying the date that would be great! GMv1 - If your start date is in A4 and your end date is in B4, then you can do this: =MOD(B4,1)-IF(MOD(A4,1)<0.25,0.25,MOD(A4,1)) This works becase date/times are stor...

=?Utf-8?Q?Array_formula_copying_blanks_as_?= =?Utf-8?Q?zero=E2=80=99s?=
Hi all, (Excel 2003) I’m using an array formula to copy certain rows of data from a table at the top of my worksheet, to another table further down the sheet (rows copied dependent on a certain cell entry in the original top table): {=IF(ISERROR(LARGE(IF($C$3:$C$902=C1089,ROW($C$3:$C$902)),1)),"",INDIRECT(ADDRESS(LARGE(IF($C$3:$C$902=C1089,ROW($C$3:$C$902)),1),COLUMN())))} This works fine except where there are blank cells in my transferred data row. I need the cells to remain blank when transferred down the worksheet but excel is turning the blank cells into a 0 (zero) in my ...

Retrieving date values
Hi , Many thanks with the date text formular, but I am finding it difficul to apply it in the context that i need it for. for example : I am trying to use the below code which does not seem to work t retrieve all date values before the month of april 2004 separately an then from the month of apr 2004 onwards =IF(TEXT(P1,"MMM-YY")<"apr-04","PR-APR",TEXT(P1,"MMM-YYYY")) The problem with this code is that the text "pre-apr" does not sho up. thanks if -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(P1<DATE(2004,4,1),"...

Sum amounts between dates
I have four columns. One is the date. The second is an amount for tha day. In the third (12 month) and fourth (24 month) column I want to su the amounts in the second column based on the dates in the firs column. I was attempting to convert the following formula by changing it t countif the date is BETWEEN Now() and 12/24 months ago. Unfortunatel I'm not that good at this. Here is the initial formula but I am willing to take any ideas o this: =SUM(OFFSET(B2,1,0,COUNTIF($A$3:$A$22,"<="&NOW()),1)) Many thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

ms:format-date() ?
Been trying to use the ms:format-date() in one of my transformations. I have all of the necessary declarations in my xml as in <?xml version="1.0" ?> <data xml:space="default" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> myxml... </data> And my transformation: <?xml version='1.0'?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:ms="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> &...

Formatting Section Layout Column Format -- options disabled
Hi, my question is related to formatting the Main Form for an entity. I want certain sections to have the three column format. However, when I click on Section Properties, it shows all options for choosing the Column Formats as disabled. The 2-column format, with the Variable Field Width, is the default and the only option I seem to be able to use right now. Why is the Formatting --both layout and column format -- showing up as disabled and how do I activate it? Thanks. Never mind! I found this in the CRM Help section... "The selected section layout cannot be changed after you creat...

Custom Format as Currency with If/Then ($1B or $500M)
Trying to get a column to auto-format numbers based on value - I've done some Google searching, checked through newsgroup archives and must be looking in the wrong place. I have a variety of numbers from $146.0B to $.0093B using a Custom Format of $#.0####,,,"B". Ideally, the "$.0093B" should be rendering as $9.3M but I'm not sure how to do an if/then statement or some sort of tweak to allow this to happen. Is this even possible or should I do everything in millions? Hi, You could do this with an event macro. Something like: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal T...

Cell formatting 04-06-10
I am sure I am doing something incredibly stupid here but just cant seem to figure this out. I have a budget work sheet. The first column is the account number. the next twelve columns are each month's budget (Jan-Dec). In the original budget file, some numbers were simply keyed in and others are formulas. (Some are a gross # times a percentage and others a gross # divided by 12 months). I am creating a text file to import the budget data into my financial system. The first thing I did was to take the budget file and copy it into its own file by using paste spe...

4-1/2" x 7/8" 60-grit Type29 Zirconia Al (481-93634) Category: Coated Flap Disc Abrasives
Price:$67.20 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B00295UZS6 Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B00295UZS6 Item #: 481-93634. Diameter = 4 1/2 inArbor Diameter = 7/8 inGrit = 60Speed = 13300 rpm [Max]Abrasive Material = Zirconia AluminaHub Mounting = Arbor HoleApplicable Materials = Most Metals, Exotic Alloys, SteelType = Arbor Hole DiscQuantity = 10 per box Customers also search for: Discount 4-1/2" x 7/8" 60-grit Type29 Zirconia Al, Buy 4-1/2" x 7/8" 60-grit Type29 Zirconia Al, Wholesale 4-1/2" x 7/8" 60-grit Type29 Zirconia ...

format de num�rotation sans les z�ros ...
Bonjour, Je viens d'exporter une liste de mes contacts d'Excel vers Outlook. Dans mon classeur Excel, j'ai un format d'affichage "sp�cial" / "num�ro de t�l�phone". L'affichage est donc le suivant : 01 23 45 67 89 (bien que la saisie soit : 0123456789). Dans mon r�pertoire "contacts" j'obtiens : 123456789 donc sans le z�ro et tout attach� ! Bizarement, j'ai (06) 12 34 56 78 pour la colonne "t�l�phone mobile" donc avec les espaces, m�me si je ne souhaite pas avoir de "( )" ! Sur trois colonnes comportant des n� de...

Date format problems #2
I've load a Excel W'book which contains dates in the dd/mmm/yy format. Excel refuses to change the format when I select dd-mmm-yyyy. At the Format/Cells/Date d'box the Date and Customise are out of context. Any suggestions? TIA johnb Hi Johnb! Check to see if your dates are dates and not text. Use: =ISTEXT(A1) If text, then they won't react to your change of format. If they are text, then: Select an empty cell > Copy Select the "dates" Edit > Paste Special > Add > OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.a...

Excel 2003 Insert Picture changes JPG to PNG format
Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! Try my pic importer at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "WildBill" wrote: > Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I > configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? > I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! > ...

Formatting: display blank when "O", 2 decimal when a number is d
I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I need to display 2 decimal when there is a number. so far I found 0;-O;;@ this formula helps me display a blank cell when needed, however it doesn't give me the 2 decimal I need. Thanks E One way 0.00;-0.00; assuming you mean zero and not the letter O, you can't format for letters -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DCD806F-5B2E-494D-947A-8BB7D160F90B@microsoft.com... >I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I ne...