Date and time #3

Can I have excel display the current date and time? Time is not tha
important but date would be great

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=TODAY()

will update with every calculation or manually pressing F9

=NOW()

date and time

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"gsaenz >" <<gsaenz.103553@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can I have excel display the current date and time? Time is not that
> important but date would be great.
>

> ---

terre08 (1112)
1/15/2004 6:29:37 PM
Don't know exact;y what you want to do.  Look at the following:

=TODAY() displays the current date.  This date is volatile and will change
(update) when ever the sheet is calculated.

=NOW() displays the current date and time.  Same volatility as above.

You can manually do the following:

Ctrl:    Time   (Ctrl+Shift+Colon)

Ctrl;    Date  (Ctrl + SemiColon)

These are not volatile and will not change.

If you want the current date or date and time placed in a cell automatically
upon the occurrence of some event (enter something in some other cell, open
the file, close the file, etc.), use the VBA code:

Range(A1).Value=Date

Range(A1).Value=Now

The above date and time is not volatile and will not change.   HTH   Otto

"gsaenz >" <<gsaenz.103553@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can I have excel display the current date and time? Time is not that
> important but date would be great.
>

> ---

thanks for the help

---

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

first time linking worksheets need some info and help
I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link and formula together. Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different worksheets within a workbook? Thank You Bryan Bloom Hi, Can you give an example as to what you are...

Run Time error 1004
Hi, I am trying to programmatically copy the text contents of one cell (including formatting) on one worksheet to a merged range on another. I get the error in the title when I run the macro initially... then strangely it works with no error after failing to run it a couple of times. My code is as follows: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("admin").Select Range("A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Submission Form").Select Range("D6:G8").Select End With Selecti...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

date/time formatting

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...