Date and Time #2

I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the
time and not the date?
Nick

0
not5754 (29)
9/18/2003 5:46:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use now(), then format the cell to only show time

format=>Cells=>Number Tab, select time and pick a format.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Lord Of The Morning <Not@aol.com> wrote in message
> I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the
> time and not the date?
> Nick

0
twogilvy (1078)
9/18/2003 6:15:35 PM
Yes, with TIME you'll get only the (current) time

"Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message
> I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the
> time and not the date?
> Nick

0
xyz

Batch Sattlement Problem #2
Today was my first day with Mercury Payment. and end of day When I try to sattle the batch and I am keep getting error CONNETION ERROR. I am trying to sattle same way I was doing with city bank. Is mercury setting different way ? Is any body here to help me to sattle the batch. I am getting connection error. Please Help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02D9_01C6F83C.869E10F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gas, Any firewalls running? If so, turn them off temporarily to see if it = the...

LNK2019 error #2
Hi, I've got a really nasty linker error which actually shouldn't appear. The code itself compiles fine. It's just a simple console application with MFC for CStrings and other stuff. Here is the full message: ClassifierAcc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > __cdecl GetNextKeyWord(char *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64 &)" (?GetNextKeyWord@@YA?AV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@PAD_KAA_K@Z) referenced in function "st...

Q: When 0 <> 0 ? #2
A: When you add it in excel! Example: Place the following values in a column and sum them. -116.33 98.53 17.80 0 ============= Excel returns: 0.0000000000000035527136788005 Correct Answer: 0 If you remove 0 from the list ( or put it in a different place in the list, the proper result, 0 is returned. I assume this has to do with the known floating point issues, but I've never seen an example where 0<>0, so I thought I'd share. I have a workaround, but would love to see comments... See http://tinyurl.com/7dp22 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing ...

Opening attachments in Outlook #2
Outlook 2002 Windows XP When I ago to send an email, add an attachment and try to open that attachment to check it's okay, I get the following error message: this object was created in outlook this application is not available to open this object Any ideas? Thanks ...

adding military time format
adding time hh.mm.ss format. I cannot get a sum - only 0 Excel probably does not recognize your values as true time values - just text strings. Try summing them with: =SUMPRODUCT(--SUBSTITUTE(A1:A10,".",":")) and custom format the formula cell as hh.mm.ss . HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >adding time hh.mm.ss format. I cannot get a sum - only 0 >. > Excel does not recognize hh.mm.ss as time format, hh:mm:ss or use =SUM(--SUBSTITUTE(A1:A50,".",":")) entered with ctrl + shift & enter use custom format [hh]:mm:...

2 sided document one side upside down!
I'm creating a 2 sided document on 11x17 paper. The problem is no matter what i try, one side of the paper is flipped, so when you fold it, then open it, you have to turn it around. Can anyone help?? In the printer settings change from tablet to booklet. -- Don Vancouver, USA "bain_monica" <bain_monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC3578A-A4A3-494F-B778-646DBAAAD1EF@microsoft.com... > I'm creating a 2 sided document on 11x17 paper. The problem is no matter > what i try, one side of the paper is flipped, so when you fold it, then ...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

Upgrade to POS 2.0, or downgrade to XP? Cheaper option?
I have been using POS 1.0 for several months now, and purchased a second computer to use as a backup. What I wanted was a turnkey backup station which could be turned on in an instant if my primary POS crashed - thus I needed a second license for POS. So I bought one assuming that it would work with my new machine, but it turns out that MSDE is required for POS 1.0, and SQL2005 is the only server Vista supports (my new machine came with Vista Basic, so I bought an upgrade to Business). So from what I understand, I have two options. Either: 1) Upgrade my POS software to POS 2.0 twice...

Changing flag date or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

Hyperlinking problem #2
Hi there I have an excel spreadsheet that has more than 500 different hyperlinks to link 500 different emails stored in a folder. Now as soon as the number of emails exceed 100, I create a new folder and move the already-linked emails into the folder thus losing all the linkings. Is there a way to avoid losing the linkings... isn't there a way to link a document so that the link is not lost even if the linked document is moved? Thanks Raj ...

Help with automatic dates
Hello: I have craeted a spreadsheet with names and dates which have due date for each name. My spreadsheet has the names in the first column; the type of follow u eg. 30 days, 60 days etc. and the last column has the date that th individual follow ups are due. How do I program Excel so that the du dates for each customer is automatically updated every 30 days, 60 day etc. Also, how do I link the cells with the dates to the individua columns. I hope that someone can help. Thanks -- foxx6 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- foxx60's Profile: http://www...

Column
Hi, I have spent hours trying to work out how I can create a chart with 2x Y axes that are column - column - that don't overlap but are represented by to bars next to each other - NOT OVERLAPPING. I feel that I have tried everything - I have tried fiddling with the overlap ect... but I can't seem to get two seperate bars. I would love any hints and even to know if is possible or not. I thankyou in advance for you response. Hayley -- Hayley44 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hayley44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

AutoFilter #2
When using AutoFilter, is it possible to have the text value of the filter selected inserted into a cell? I am using Excel to evaluate survey results. I have a worksheet set up so that filters can be applied to different columns to look at the data in a variety of ways. The results of those filters are used to calculate percentages, such as percent favorable responses from respondents fitting a certain criteria. Those results are displayed on a separate worksheet that updates as different filters are applied. However, I don't know how to get that worksheet to display the fil...

NNTP #2
Hi All, I posted this query few days ago but still do not get response... :-( has anyone been using Exchange 2003 connecting to this newsgroup? I found exchange 2003 does not work with NNTP pull but exchange 2000 works well without any problem. thanks ...

Creation Date
Hi Is there a way with VB6 to copy a folder and retain its Date Created? Still need help on getting folder dates on different drives. Can you help please LondonLad laid this down on his screen : > Hi > Is there a way with VB6 to copy a folder and retain its Date Created? > > Still need help on getting folder dates on different drives. > > Can you help please You'd just use GetFileTime and SetFileTime, no? -- ..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org ...

id display's funny on form built on qry built on 2 tables ?? (usnint the form Wizard)
i create a query (qryAB) built on 2 tables... tblA and tblB (tblB is a 'child" of tblA) >From tblA the query has 1 fielsds... idA >From tblB the query has 2 fields... idA, idB Now I use the form Wizard to build a Form on qryAB and elect to show all the fields in qryAB on the form The Wizzard ask me "How do you want to view your data?" I click on tblB and the only option is "single form" so I take this option. Now my form doesn't display idA correctly... the 3 fields show like this... tblA_idA -- (note the underbar should show tblA.idA) idB tblB_idA...

Send E-Mails to 2 SMTP Server
Hi, we have two companies sharing one SBS 2003 Server. Lets say one has the domain company1.com and the other one has company2.com The problem is, that company1.com and company2.com are hosted by two different hosting companies. We use PopCon to recive the E-Mails from all the pop3 accounts at company1.com and company2.com and forward them to our exchange server. Now we need to setup exchange in a way that some user use addresses at company1.com and some at company2.com for outging mail. I've read how to add the domains to the recipient policy, and how I can set the default smtp...

Subtracting dates?? AGRRRRRRRRR!!!
I am subtracting 2 dates. To keep in simple, I am just subtracting th dates in 2 cells as I am having trouble with datedif. Anyways, when enter the formula, =sum(a1-a2), it does the trick, but, before I hav entered the dates I want the difference in, it put a number like -3820 in the cell. How can I get Excel to just leave the cell blank until enter a date? Once again, thanks in advance. Miles Ree -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http:/...

RMS 2.0
On the PartnerSource home page, on the left-hand side menu, under Resources>Industry Solutions>By MBS Product, there's a thread for Retail Management System 2.0 partners. Now my question is, has there been a secret RMS release that I'm unaware of? Seriously, how do you explain this? And in case my eyes are playing tricks on me again, anybody knows when the next RMS release is due and what the advertised changes are? Thanks, Hi Tom :-) I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that alarmed. ;-) There is an information session for partners in a few days....

Drop down box with country list #2
Thanks Bob, however what I want is a dropdown which we can find in the web site applications (e.g. airways ticketing) where we can use choose a country using the drop down with a complete list of world's countries. In Data Validation method, I have to re-type all the possible country's names. John. Bob Phillips Wrote: > Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data > Validation > (DataValidation) and select the List option with a formula of say > =M1:M100 > or however many countries > > -- > HTH > > Bob Phillips > > "jo...

One to many relationship with Invoice Product as parent #2
I need to create a one to many relationship in CRM 4.0 with the Invoice Product entity (invoicedetail) as the parent and a custom entity as the child. I see that the functionality to create this particular type of relationship has been disabled in the regular entity customization tools. Does anyone know of a supported (preferred of course) or unsupported way to create this relationship and display it in the usual manner on the Invoice Product and custom entity forms? Is there a reason that I should know about why CRM does not allow this type of relationship to be created? ...

email links #2
hi, i have recently installed office 2003 pro and i have switched from outlook express 6 to outlook (the one that comes with office 2003 pro). since i have started using outlook everytime i click an email link on a webpage or in an email message i get about 40 or so "new message" windows open up. can anyone help? thanks, cya john ...

calculating pay rates for different times of the day
hi there i am new to this so please dont shout at me,i'm using office 2007. i'm after an easier way for me to calculate my pay i work odd shifts crossing over time zones. what i'm needing is to be able to calculate different pay rates. i.e pay rates from 0600 to 1800 are paid at £8 an hour after 8 hours going onto £12 an hour, after 1800 this goes into night rate of £9 before 8 hours then goes too £13.50 an hour for remainder. Example: 14:00 to 03:00 -45 mins break = 12.25 hours, would work out like this 14:00 to 18:00 = 4*£8 18:00 to 22:00 = 4*£...

Upgrade from BP 2.5 Service Pack to BP 4
In preparing for a GP10/BP4 upgraded, I've created a test environment with GP 8.0SP5 and BP2.5 with feature pack on MSDE. My understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows: Upgrade GP 8.0SP5 to GP 10.0 Upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 Install MOSS 2007 Run the migration utility and then install BP 4 The GP upgrade runs smoothly. Can someone who's been down this road before please help me with what to expect during the Business Portal upgrade? I'm assuming that as I upgrade WSS to each higher level, the original BP site will not be working as BP 2.5 doesn't support WSS...

spam filter #2
I am looking for a good spam filter for outlook 2002? Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray I like spambayes. I went from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and thought I'd lose my spambayes, but I didn't. http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/ ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message news:rJGdnTMr1-boMn7fRVn-jQ@comcast.com... > I am looking for a good spam filter for outlook 2002? Any Suggestions > would be appreciated. Thanks, Ray > > ...