Data Validation drop down not showing and Formula Auditing bar greyed out

Good afternoon,

I've created a spreadsheet that has multiple Validated cells.  Each of
these cells is validated using a list, with "In-cell Dropdown"
Checked. However the drop down is not showing. The cell is still being
validated as I cannot enter a value other than what is in the list.

Also,  on the formula auditing bar, the Trace Precedents, Remove
Precedents, Trace Dependants, Remove Dependants, Remove all arrows and
Trace Error buttons are all greyed out.

I've checked that the sheets and workbook are not protected and as far
as I can tell it has happened between file save from yesterday and
today.

A new workbook does not exhibit these issues, so I'm sure it has
something to do with the file itself.

Am I missing something simple?

Sean
0
seabrow (2)
2/1/2008 4:33:52 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tools>Options>View

You have Objects"Hide All"  checked which will produce your problems.

Pick "Show Placeholders"

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:33:52 -0800 (PST), Sean Brown <seabrow@gmail.com> wrote:

>Good afternoon,
>
>I've created a spreadsheet that has multiple Validated cells.  Each of
>these cells is validated using a list, with "In-cell Dropdown"
>Checked. However the drop down is not showing. The cell is still being
>validated as I cannot enter a value other than what is in the list.
>
>Also,  on the formula auditing bar, the Trace Precedents, Remove
>Precedents, Trace Dependants, Remove Dependants, Remove all arrows and
>Trace Error buttons are all greyed out.
>
>I've checked that the sheets and workbook are not protected and as far
>as I can tell it has happened between file save from yesterday and
>today.
>
>A new workbook does not exhibit these issues, so I'm sure it has
>something to do with the file itself.
>
>Am I missing something simple?
>
>Sean

0
Gord
2/1/2008 4:55:52 PM
On Feb 1, 4:55=A0pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> Tools>Options>View
>
> You have Objects"Hide All" =A0checked which will produce your problems.
>
> Pick "Show Placeholders"
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>

> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:33:52 -0800 (PST), Sean Brown <seab...@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> >Good afternoon,
>
> >I've created a spreadsheet that has multiple Validated cells. =A0Each of
> >these cells is validated using a list, with "In-cell Dropdown"
> >Checked. However the drop down is not showing. The cell is still being
> >validated as I cannot enter a value other than what is in the list.
>
> >Also, =A0on the formula auditing bar, the Trace Precedents, Remove
> >Precedents, Trace Dependants, Remove Dependants, Remove all arrows and
> >Trace Error buttons are all greyed out.
>
> >I've checked that the sheets and workbook are not protected and as far
> >as I can tell it has happened between file save from yesterday and
> >today.
>
> >A new workbook does not exhibit these issues, so I'm sure it has
> >something to do with the file itself.
>
> >Am I missing something simple?
>
> >Sean- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks.

It's always something simple.
0
seabrow (2)

Direct show
Hi I need o write an mfc application that display a live view of 4 camera connected to the Pc in the same time in diffrent four windows. How can i do that using direct show? How can i tell ds to read frome 4 camera card at the same time and how i tell it to display it to 4 diffrent window? I am using direct-x 9. Thanks "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:<Oz#xc0ZeEHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > Hi > I need o write an mfc application that display a live view of 4 camera > connected to the Pc in the same time in diffrent four windows. > How can...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

esm shows wrong exchange server version
I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + Hotfix MS05-021. Exchange System manager still shows Build 6249.4 SP3. Should ESM show a higher Build number ? Thanks for any replies. MC IIRC, ESM only shows SP4 on clustered servers that have the update applied to them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OW%23lRuARFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + ...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

Twist Data?...
Hi all... I've got the following in a dataset: 19 30 1200 FI FI 20030906 36 19 30 1324 FI FI 20030906 36 and I want the following result: 19 30 1200, 1324 FI FI 20030906 26 Any guess on how to do this? thanks much!... Hmmm... Not quite clear: The data is arranged in columns, I assume It looks as if both items in the same column are the same, you want just one item, otherwise the one in the top row first, then the one from the bottom row. But what about the last 36s that should yield 26? Typo? Does the dataset have more columns or more rows or both? And how big is it?...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Transformation of data into columns

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

Data Validation List not showing

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

Messenger emoticons
I have changed laptops and I did grab the old laptops custom emoticons folder (all in dt2 and id2 file endings.) But when i copy everything in the folder and add it to my new laptops custom emoticons folder... they get added (i.e. show up in the folder) but the images/gifs or names dont show up on the actual msn... *what gives*? Do I have to change the dt2 endings to gif or jpeg and go to "create" in msn for each of them to add them in? (I tried with one and it worked) Only problem is i have alot, like 203 dt2 files so changing the ending to .gif and adding each singu...

Adding extra data options
Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. Can you add extra data fileds and types in CRM 3.0? You can add extra data fields to an entity. Go to entities customization at setting area. -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "xxdcmast" escribió: > Is there a way to customize CRM to allow for adding another heading? I would > like to add a second field similar to topic and would like to call it type. > > Can you add extra data ...

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

A student figuring a formula for wages
Hello, I am beginner student trying to figure out a formula that calculates how to pay people for the number of hours they work, and at the same time figure out any overtime they may have. The wage is in cell B4, and the # of hours is in cell C4. Overtime is figured at 1.5 of the wage in B4. I must put the end result in F4. The instructor rushed through his presentation, and said to use the "if function". The assignment is due on tuesday and any help with this is greatly appreciated. -Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fro...

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...