Data Validation Allow List - Combo Box Font & Size

Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list
items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can
scroll, but would like to just point and choose?

Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting
look like they are about 6 or 8 points.

Any help is appreciated.

Is this the right forum doug?

0
Access101 (3)
5/8/2007 7:18:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a
validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation

Debra has a solution here

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Access101" <Access101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list
> items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I
> can
> scroll, but would like to just point and choose?
>
> Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting
> look like they are about 6 or 8 points.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Is this the right forum doug?

0
terre081 (3244)

Dialog boxes and Font Smoothing
I have written an add-in that, under certain conditions, will display a dialog box over a slide when the presentation is running (slide show mode). Unfortunately the text on the underlying slide becomes jagged when the dialog is shown. It seems like powerpoint is no longer smoothing the fonts, as the problem is made worse at lower resolution. This happens if I use either ShowDialog() or _dialog.visible= true, and there is no code causing a slide refresh anywhere near the point the dialog is displayed. Any ideas ? ...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Spin Box with Dates and Lookup
Hi, I'm trying to design a spin box function which pulls in data from monthly tabs, the month being determined by a spin box. I have monthly tabs Jan-10 to Dec-10 all containing an identical table with different data in. The user needs to be able to change the month of lookup using a spin box function but I cant get it to work properly. Thanks in anticipation. Hi, You are not very clear about your question. Anyways, try this Right click on the spin control box which you have drawn ad give the lower and upper limits are 1 and 12 respectively. In the cell link box, ...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

DISTRIBUTION LIST #15
When I open one of my distribution list it comes up on a properties menu with the names listed but I can't make any changes. All the other list I have work fine. Any help would be appreciated. ...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

Using a drop down box to select all results
I have a summary page which pulls data together from several sheets an displays summary statistics etc. I want to be able to use a drop down list to select particular product and only show data relating to those products - so far so good. But ..... having put in my drop down and referenced it in my formulae now cannot show the summary data for ALL products. Is there a wildcard that can be used in drop downs to select all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add (All) to your list of products, and check for that selection in the formula. For example: =IF(A2=...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

limit the size of imbound/outbound emails
We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and going outbound? Thanks AW Yes. See article Q322679: How to set limits for messages in Exchange Server. "SW" wrote: > We use Exchange 2003, how can we limit the size of emails coming imbound and > going outbound? > > Thanks > > AW ...

drop down boxes #4
Hi everyone, Ok i'll outline the situation. I am trying to produce an invoice page on a system where the user can produce an invoice etc, and I am wanting to make a cell show the total cost for the accomodation. I have a drop down box for the location name and for the cost per day, and the number of days is shown in a separate cell. Is there a way to show the total cost of the accomodation in this single cell? Help needed urgently! Thanks, Andy. Andy I am not sure of what you want but from what you say, all you need is a simple formula in that cell. Say the charge per day is ...

summarise data
I have data on a sheet looking like this 5/5/2004 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 and I want to summarise this into different cells so that it look like 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 i.e. I want to list individual occurances of repeating dates o numbers. Any help would be much appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like a job or a Pivot Table perhaps? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Data archive with GP Manufacturing
Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, at least not in the documentation. Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week or so. Will report back when done. "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The > product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, > at least not in the documentation. ...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

Workflow Rule for Allowing Email
I want to update all of our current accounts with a manual workflow rule that will update the contact method on the administration tab in accounts to reflect "Allow" for Email. When trying to setup this rule, I set the "donotemail" field to false (0), but when I apply that rule, it doesn't change anything (I've also tried "donotbulkemail"). Any ideas how to make a workflow rule that will update this field from "do not allow" to "allow". -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.pre...

Locking of entered data
I haev a form that currently allows you to enter new records and edit existing records. My key field is based on a number entered by the user from another system. Once the number is entered I do not want the user to be able to type over that number but still be aloud to add a new record. I tried the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits in the properties but if I set them to Yes AllowAdditions and No AllowEdits then nothing can be changed. I want them to be able to edit everything but the one field containing the number. Ideas? Glenna, The code I provided would go in the two places that I...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

Change the Default Global Address List
Hello, I need to change the default global address list to show only users and contacts from my domain. Is it possible to change the default global address list? Nowadays, The default global address list shows users from my domain and many contacts from others domains. thanks in advance. i have the same situation. i'm trying to figure out how to make another global address list with enternal contacts. if you figure it out, i would love to hear about it:) "Maurit" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to change the default global address list to show only users and >...

Losing data in flashdrive
I am experiencing in losing data in flashdrives. It seems that when files are copied onto flashdrive, I should wait for a while before removing flashdrives from USB port. Does anybody know how long should I wait before unplugging flashdrives. Jorge Are you using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the notification area? If so, it should tell you when you can remove the drive. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:29:25 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Jorge Cervantes"...