Data Tables - Location

In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the
same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a
separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that.

Steve

0
Steve
10/5/2005 9:47:43 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver)
But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof)
elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas
--
Rgds
Max
"Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the
> same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a
> separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that.
>
> Steve

0
demechanik (4694)
10/5/2005 11:02:31 PM
I thought that there was an option on one of the steps of the wizard that asked
where you want the pivottable.

It's on Step 3 in xl2003.  And I think xl2k is the same.  (My memory of xl97 is
fading, but I would have guessed that it was there in xl97, too.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Never mind.

Thanks for the poke in the ribs from a Canadian.

--

Dave Peterson
0
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

demechanik (4694)
10/6/2005 1:06:54 AM
Clarification, as it might have been understood.
What was meant in the earlier response was
to concur with the OP that the data table needs
to be created all within the same sheet.
This appears to be a limitation.

The mirroring part comes after, i.e. to reproduce elsewhere
the data table (as created and working on that same sheet).

--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

demechanik (4694)
10/6/2005 10:51:43 PM
Oops, line:
> Clarification, as it might have been understood.

should read:

--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

demechanik (4694)

Synchronize HQ data from SO
I curretly have 2 stores that usually receive inventory update from HQ. However during the last few weeks I had to data entry from each RMS clients (SO). Now I want to update inventory data at HQ using worksheet. But it seems not possible, although sales data show correctly. Is there any way ? -- Many Thanks In an HQ environment all new items must be entered from HQ and sent to stores. Did you create new items at store level ? You may want to create those items in HQ and send to store. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc. www.diviasoft.com "cosamo" <cosamo@discussions.microsoft.c...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

how to avoid closing dialog if data validation fails
I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is clicked. If there are problems with the data I would like to avoid closing the dialog and keep it open. Can anyone suggest how this is done? Thanks for any suggestions. Ian If you dont want to close your dialog in OnOk, do not call the base class OnOK. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ian" <ib252@n0spam.com> wrote in message news:F1nnb.26812$He4.1099447@wagner.videotron.net... | I would like to validate data entered in a dialog when the OK button is | clicked. If there are problem...

Users accessing same table
I have an Access 2003 database on a small network (server + 4 pc's) with the database split and each PC having its own front end. Recently the users have reported not being able to access the same form at the same time, they have to wait until the other user has finished and closed it before accessing it. Any suggestions regarding this problem? What error message are they getting? They should have no issue opening the same form, but there could be a lock conflict if they try to access the same record at the same time. Please post some more information (the exact error) s...

Push data to safe senders list to Outlook possible?
Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange 2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. Thanks. On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:10:29 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to push a safe domain list to everyone's Outlook Junk Email >safe senders list from Exchange (or any other method)? We are on Exchange >2003, all clients are Outlook 2003. >Thanks. Outlook11.adm in a GPO will allow you to set the default directory clients use...

Anchor clipart in a powerpoint table
How do I anchor clip art or inserted pictures into a cell in a Powerpoint table. We have different team logos 'on' a table to show roles and responsibility, I need to be able to get the logos 'in' the cells so they move relative to the table as it is edited. Regards There's no simple way to do this. There's a possible work around here: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint_Tables_Picture.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "iwaddo&...

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

Pivot Table Sort 03-05-10
Hi I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? Hi You will need to drag your 3rd Field to the 1st position in the row Area of the PT. -- Regards Roger Govier jen2018 wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to sort a pivot table but it'll only let me sort on the first > column, I need to sort it on the third, please can anyone help? ...

Sorting column data
How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in alphabetical order? Alan I recommend Excel help. Search for: Sort a range. -- Steve "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appear in > alphabetical order? > > Alan > > "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message news:3S9sk.133571$Mn3.46670@newsfe30.ams2... > How do I sort the data in the columns, I want to make the appe...

Using SUMIF to add data between a range of dates
Hi, I am developing a cashflow spreadsheet, and need to add a range of values (in column B) based on the criteria that they are relating to a set week, ie in column B has the amount to be paid, and column C has the date the amount is due. I need to find out the total amount due between 2 dates. Does anyone know how I can do this? Hi With start date in B20 and end date in B21 try this: =SUMIF(C2:C5,">=" &B20,B2:B5)-SUMIF(C2:C5,"<="&B21,B2:B5) Regards, Per "Jaspa" <Jaspa@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news...

Refreshing query data via vba button
I have a wookbook which has 5 worksheets that contains sql query's that are bulling data from an access 2003 db, instead of me right clicking on each worksheet to refresh the data, is there any vba code that i can import that will enable the user to refresh the worksheet via a single button, been racking my brain, could someone help me please.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- RzaXL ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll MIke F "rzaxl" <rzaxl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A2F6E4B-5A45-4AA2-8F4E-CEA3AFE0C1F5@microsoft.com... >I have a wookbook which...

Excel 2007: Return rownumber when text data on 3 columns match exa
Using: Excel 2007 I want to document Windows Group Policy settings side by side on a single sheet. To accomplish this task I want to return the row number of the current sheet where the data of the row that has an exact match. The data I want to lookup is in three colums. Example: Column B | Column C | Column D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Policy | Control Panel | Load a specific visual style Policy | Desktop | Do not add shares Policy | Desktop | Hide Network Location...

Lookup data in the list
Hi All, I have a list as shown bellow, I want to pick up the date correcponding to the value on cell A1 and the value in B2 or B3. So it is some thing like this =Vlookup(a2,a:b[b2+1] or[b+2] {this is just a vierd example} ColumnA ColumnB ID Name 1 12082A IN-tuition 2 Ms. Gayle 3 Gayle Theresa 4 Sofiane 5 12082B tuition 6 Ms. Gayle 7 12298A Language Institute 8 Senouci Bereksi 9 AOUL 10 Bereksi Kindly Help ASAP, As I am Stuck in my assignment. Hi, Manish. The better way, of course, is to have the ID in col A, the company name in B, the individual name in C a...

Invalid partition table
I have a Toshiba Laptop which came pre-installed with Vista home. Lately, I have received an Invalid Partition Table on bootup. I tried using the recovery disk with the OS on it as a boot disk but it doesn't seem to be working even when I tell the bios to boot from CD/DVD. Any suggestions on how I can create a boot disk and have the computer "see" it upon startup? Thanks so much!! Sandy -- regnells Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com If it is still under warrantee, take it back to the store for a refund or another that works. "regnells&quo...

Big trouble matching with data on excel!
Hi, I'm required to present some info at my work, using two excel files. This is the task: File 1, has ID numbers in column A, and column B is blank. File 2, has ID numbers in column C and column D has the date the person joined the company File 1 es a select grop of people (about 2500), whereas File 2 is the general database (about 30thou) They're asking me to match the data, in order to end up with the coresponding date they joined the company in column B on File 1 (obtained from column D on file 2), how to do it? taking in account that File 1 is outdated and ...

Pivot Table
I have a list in a file name abc.xls. I have defined the list with a name say XYZ. I have another file Summary.xls with a pivot table that I'm using to give me a summary of that list. The 'XYZ' which is the defined name of the actual list in abc.xls file works when both the files are open. When I open the Summary.xls file, first message says "Reference is not valid" and second message says "Cannot find "abc.xls file". If I first open the abc.xls file and then the summary.xls, then it works and not viceversa. Please update. Thx. As answered in microsof...

How to let field sales people use our data base (without ASP/Scripting) ??
We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use daily. We have all our queries and forms and reports done in Access. We do not want to have to re-do it all in ASP or some other Scripting Language. We think we need something like Citrix and Terminal Server... but they are expensive... right? What are the alternatives available to very small businesses? Thanks for any help. Mel "Mel" <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180126800.016508.53210@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > We have a data base we want our field sales people people to use ...

clearing data
hi guys, i'm new to MBS great plains... i needed help in clearing all the data in the financial, sales and purchasing module (includes all transactions, vendors, customers and etc....) in great plains without deleting the set-up (includes chart of accounts and all) for the 3 modules. i would really appreciate it if you guys can give me the procudures on how to do it... -- iandale You could use File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data. Clear data from things that say "transaction" and "history". Keep away from things that say "setup" or "o...

Exporting Extender Data
Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I just need to know how to connect to it. Try Techknowledge #899573 "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching > customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find > anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I > just n...

How to Extract Data from a CSV file???
I need help on how to write a VB command that will allow me to extract data from a specified column in a CSV file. I have written a command in VB to extract all data from the CSV file and paste it on an excel worksheet. This method is working fine but because the file is too big, it takes a long time for me to extract everything. I only need the data from one column so if anyone out there can help me with this, I would be extremely grateful... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly fro...

where is the excel template located?
Where is the default excel (office 2003) template located? I suspect I have somehow modified mine. I have a problem exporting a report from MYOB into excel in that the date appears in the US format for the first 56 rows, and then the Australian format for the remaining rows. I have all settings as far as I can see in the computer set to Australian format. Even when I try and change the date format to Australian on the first 57 rows the display will not change to Australian format. I have tried clearing all formats and reformatting it but it still will not change (in these first 57 row...

Help with unusual table problem
I would like to be able to add additional data to a table of approx. 2 rows and 4 columns. I would also like the newest data to be on to while the remaining 19 lines all shift one row down and the leas current row of data to drop off. I hope this explains my problem. Thanks, Howd -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not sure if you might have missed my suggestion to your earlier post yesterday in microsoft.public.excel. ( http://tinyurl.com/239sq ) Based on your "revised" specs in this post: Let's say your table is in Sheet1 in A1:D20 [assume an initial tab...

Link variable data from one worksheet to another worksheet?
I am trying to link variable data from one worksheet (my source worksheet) to several other worksheets. For example, my source worksheet has two variables or columns: 'Team' and 'Bye Week'. The first entry under the 'team' column reads 'NE'. Let's say for this example that the first entry under the 'Bye Week' column is the number '10'. Given this, I want every entry under the 'Team' column in other worksheets that read 'NE', to read the number '10' under the 'Bye Week' column. Let's also say tha...