Data Mining Add-In for Excel 2010

Is anybody using the Excel 2007 version of the data mining add-in with
Excel 2010 successfully yet?  From what I can fathom out there is no
2010 version yet.

There doesn't appear to be any information on setting this up for 2010
including Microsoft.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

'Add to contacts' option not available
Hello, On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and add it to my contacts. I look on other Outlook versions (01,02 and 03) and the right click says 'add to personal address book' or similar. How can I change this setting so it says 'add to contacts. We want users to use contacts exclusively and not PAB's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again, Mike Mikek <Mikek> wrote: > On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and > add it to my contacts. I'm very curious. Why do you want the contact in bot...

Solver for Excel 2008
Version: 2008 I just installed the freeware solver stand excel 2008. I just came over from PC and I can't take the slowness. I installed it about an hour ago and it is still solving! I restarted my old windows machine just to test it out and it solved in about 3 seconds. Am I doing something wrong or is the mac fix just this mindnumbingly slow? Any help would be grately apprecited. You have not provided enough detail to answer this properly: We always need the version and update level of both OS X and Microsoft Office, without which, our answers all come under the heading of &...

Custom views in Excel
Is it possible to have a custom view for multiple worksheets with the same name within the same workbook? As an example, I have a workbook that has 10 worksheets. Each worksheet has different print areas. I want to be able to use the worksheet to report both monthly and quarterly data. The monthly data would have a smaller print area and the quarterly would have a larger print area; again, each worksheet has a different print area, because some have more data than the others. If I set up one custom view on one worksheet, when I go to view that in another worksheet, it takes ...

Storing BLOBs in excel files
Hello group, (must have been asked before, but I don't seem to find the right google terms) Is there a way to store Large Binary Objects in cells? I have a list of items that I want to associate with documents, such as picture, some piece of text or HTML. I can not be sure it is text, so I need a way to store it as binary objects, along with the list of items. I don't need to be able to manipulate the BLOBs, just store them and retrieve them. Any help?? Thanks Willem -- Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands wvandeursen_nospam@nospam_carthago.nl replace ...

CRM Add On for Outlook will not Enable.
Earlier today I got a message that said "CRM Add-on has caused a serious error and will be disabled" I restarted outlook and tried to enable CRM again throught the tools>Options>Other>Advanced Menue, but when I click OK and exit, then restart outlook it starts again with CRM disabled. Anyone know what to do? Appreciated it M I've found that closing outlook completely, then going to Add/Remove programs and opting to "Repair" the CRM client works pretty well. In Office 2003, you can go to the Help menu, select About Microsoft Outlook and click on the...

Force User to Enter Data.
I am new to Access and would really appreciate some help. I have a form with two check boxes [GEIsol] and [DPIsol]. I want to put some code behind the [GeIsol] to only allow the box to be ticked if [DPIsol] is yes. I am completely at a loss as to how to do this and any help would be most welcome. I thank you for your help in advance. ~Thanks. However, I cant find the current event - could you point me in the right direction please "jfaz" wrote: > I am new to Access and would really appreciate some help. > > I have a form with two check boxes [GEIsol] and [DPIsol]. ...

Excel 2003 Printing
How do I print multiple active worksheets in a workbook, twosided (duplex)? ...

Re : Excel VBA Read and Write between the WorkSheet and an Array()
Re : Excel VBA Read and Write between the WorkSheet and an Array() 1. Enter an Excel spreadsheet and Insert > Define > Name, RangeA, pertaining to A1:A100. 2. RangeA is a filled range but interspersed with blank cells in order to segregate the contents thereof. 3. By using VBA, RangeA is copied to RangeB (same as Insert > Define > Name, in the range of B1:B100) and sorted thereof. 4. RangeB has become a contiguous range (albeit several blank cells trail in the lower region of the range). 5. And then, RangeB is read into an Array(). 6. Last but not least, Array() is fed back t...

Printing Excel Formulas without file paths updating
I have numerous spreadsheets that need to be printed showing the formulas. However, some of the formulas are derived using a link to a different spreadsheet (not created on our network). When we open the sheet and choose to not update the links, the spreadhseet opens, and when we view the formulas they appear. However, the file path for some of the formulas also appears using my network information (e.g. c:\documents and settings\name, etc....). Is there a way to retain the original path information? Thank you. ...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

How can I set up a shared excel worksheet and work offline
I have a group of laptops on a windows 2003 network. I have set up shared Excel Workbooks to allow users to modify different worksheets at the same time. I would now like to take this a step further. I want to allow two or more uses to take a copy of the shared workbook away from the offce with each user being able to work on their part and then be able to save them back to the network with all changes being saved. I was hoping the "make available offline" feacher would work but it seems that it will not. Please give any suggestions of workarounds or other software that ma...

OleDb consumer where is my data source
I have generated an OleDB provider from MS VC++ 7 ATL templates. I have modified this using Lon Fishers tutorial! (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/htm l/msdn_vc6oledbprov.asp) However when I come to generating a consumer (using MS VC++ 7 ATL templates) to test the provider, I get stuck. Lon's article talks how to generate consumers using VC++6 ATL. In VC++7 the wizard requires you to specify a data source. This is the part I am unsure about as I cannot seem to fine a data source for the provider as it reads from text files? Any suggestions??? Th...

Tables: Appending Data, Link or Not to Link, That's My Question...
I am sure that someone has asked this at one time or another, but haven't found it out here yet. I have several inter-related databases, some of them have linked tables while others have queries appending to tables which they are not linked to. What is a good rule of thumb for when it makes better sense to link to a table rather than simply appending to a table? What are the PROs and CONs? Thank you in advance for your informed inputs. -- MJ Linking to a table refers to having a backend database of tables only and linking to the tables from the frontend on each u...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Diferent version of Data Migration Framework and CRM engine
Hi, I cannot use the Data Migration Framework. The msg I receive is that the versions of CDF db and CRM db are different and do not match. When I installed the hotfix for CRM 1.2 Server, I hadn't the CDF installed so I guess it was not updated. Meanwhile I installed it and receive the msg above. 1. I cannot uninstall the hotfix, why ? 2. I cannot reinstall the hotfix, why ? Is there other way to put the versions synchronized ? I tried to copy the values from the Build Table on each database but was unsuccessful. Hope someone has the answer. Thank you, Hugo ...

Relative goes absolute between worksheets in data sort!
I can't believe this is happening! In one worksheet ("MIXES") I have recipes that draw their individual ingredient cost prices from a large product range in another worksheet ("PRICELOOKUP) in the same workbook. I applied range names to the relevant unit cost fields in PRICELOOKUP, and referenced those in the formulae in MIXES. After new lines are added, PRICELOOKUP is sorted alphabetically by Supplier and then Product. The result: All the range names behave "absolute", failing to move to the relevant new (row) position, thus referencing an entirely spuri...

Need to copy and match data from one workbook to another workbook
I have one workbook that has book information such as book code, title and author. I have another workbook that has the ISBN Number and the amount of revenue that it has made I need to look up the revenue by ISBN number on the one sheet copy and paste it to a different sheet that has the rest of the book information. Is there an easier way to do this. I was thinking about the index, match formula but I can't get the formula to work. Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you try VLOOKUP? -- David Biddulph "clc_80" <clc_80@discussio...

Printing in excel 2003
I want to create a button, when pressed it will automatically print to a printer (not the default printer) this printer is cute PDF, so it will automatically save the document to PDF. This help would be much appreciated. Neil. Have you tried recording a macro while doing this? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:524E4297-135F-4D1E-8AC1-1F98F6891D9E@microsoft.com... >I want to create a button, when pressed it will automatically print to a &...

when i have mutiple excell files open, how do you display the ind.
in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like excell 97 did Hi 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany krsbirdman1975 wrote: > in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the > files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows > excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like > excell 97 did ...

Excel 2010 Year Planner
Hi, I wanted to know if there is any way to create a 2010 excel year planner? i.e. something that would be similar to a 2010 wall chart calendar. Thanks alot James Hi James See the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT103589901033.aspx for ideas (or just use them) HTH. Best wishes Harald "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91ED2D12-6423-4086-9B1E-FCD5FFE322BA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I wanted to know if there is any way to create a 2010 excel year planner? > > i.e. something that wo...

Data Access Pages Over Intranet via Small Business Server
To Make DAP's available to users not having MS Access or even an Office XP license works without any problem. But we would like to establish a virtual Directory via IIS to have easy access w/o messages. Does the Small Business Server dispose a IIS allowing to create a virtual server or is the IIS on Small Business Server a limited version without all the functualities we use to have with Windows XP. Does anybody have experience about Small Business Server? -- Friedi ...

Suppress Data if Sum = 0
I have a report where I am looking for errors. If the sum of several records = 0 then everything is OK. How do I supress the header, data and footer from showing for these records? I've been away from Access for several years, please be specific. Thanks for your help, Rick The simplest way to suppress the data from the report is to eliminate it from the source query. To do that means creating a Totals query or subquery that gives you the total in the original report. You can then use critieria in the query to eliminate these records. 1. Create a query, and depress the Total icon on t...

using an excel spreadsheet as the data file for a mail merge
Hello all, please forgive my ignorance, but i created a excel spread sheet wth the data I want to use to create shipping labels either in the msworks or msword program and i thought i knew how to do this but i don't. the info i get from the help menu is like greek to me. can anyone tell me how to either convert this file to a usable database for this function, or be able to use this spread sheet as the database to create these labels. Thanks! http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "pamelaClaire" <pamel...

excel ms09.dll error
My client keeps getting this error when using an excel spreadsheet: This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MS09.DLL I have replaced the ms09.dll file a number of times, done the Offic Update a number of times. Reinstalled Office a number of times and th error keeps coming back. Ram has been checked, Windows is all up to date and the error onl occurs in the one file she uses. It has no formulas or links, jus plain old data. Today I had her copy all the data and put it into a new file to see i that makes any d...

Conditional Data Validation Options
So I have two columns of Data Validations: Column A we'll call Cost Centers Column B we'll call Accounts If somebody puts in a Cost Center for a specific department which we will call Advertising, then a different list shows up in Column B of only Advertising Accts. I use the following formula in Column B for my Data Validation: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A5,advertising,1,0)),accounts,advaccts) where "accounts" is all accounts and "advaccts" is only advertising accounts. That works ok. I'm sure that is not the best way of doing it; ...