data entry

I want to send a template to a customer which they fill in with ease. here
what i want it to do....any help is appreciated.

                Trader Name    Operating System    Software Version
Exchange1    Exchange2
options   e.g. Joe Bloggs            XP                            2.6.1.18
check box      check box
                                                2000
2.6.1.19       check box      check box
                                                NT 4
2.6.1.20       check box      check box
                                                ME
2.6.1.6        check box      check box

when the customer gets to the operating system & software versionn column, a
drop down menu shud appear. similar they should be able to choose whether or
not they use a particular exchane or not.

TRICKY BIT - i only want the options like the drop-down menu to appear if
the customer starts to type something in that row. pretty much like ms
access.

pls help!

Thanks,
Stella

0
stella1 (1)
11/21/2003 3:29:56 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Instead of having the dropdown appear when they start a new row, how about using
Data|Validation.

The arrow in those cells doesn't appear until the cell is actually selected.
And you could apply the save data|validation rules to the whole column.

You can find a lot of info about data|validation at Debra Dalgleish's site:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

There are instructions in Excel's Help files, and here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Order Entry
Are there any 3rd party order entry pieces out there for our sales/customer service staff. I have heard of something called SalesPad but I know nothing of it. Is that any good? What else is out there? We are looking for something easy to train our users on and cheaper than a GP license. Hi, We have a Excel order entry solution for GP. If you are interested Please drop a email to discuss. Regards, NJ nj.tech@hotmail.com "Ron Wilson" wrote: > Are there any 3rd party order entry pieces out there for our sales/customer > service staff. I have heard of something cal...

Cumulative Summation of Data
Hi I have a datasheet where I input the Overtime Hours clocked by each employee. The table resembles the following Date Name OT Hours 01-Oct-08 Simon 12 01-Oct-08 Ahmed 8 02-Oct-08 Dick 10 04-Oct-08 Ahmed 6 07-Oct-08 Simon 7 07-Oct-08 Dick 13 09-Oct-08 Simon 5 What I need is to get the cumulative hours clocked by each employee, such as Simon X Hours Ahmed Y Hours Dick Z...

Error on filtering data in a from
Hi all, I have a form that displays dates in week, montt, quarter and year format. I use Week: Format([DateCreated],"ww") in the query behind the form. In the form footer i have a text field that performs the Sum of control [fruits] However... When i choose to use the default filter function (right click select etc) and filter all records by week or month etc ...i receive this error message: “The object does not contain the Automation Object ‘ isNull’” Why? All suggestions are appreciated, Thanks! ...

sort equal groups of data
hi, i need a help in this, plz i got this list, id like to check the common fields (in 2 and 3 columns) like this, p.ex (so later, i could delete them, and keep and analize the other groups of data) LG-0060-0703 MT 6 LG-0060-0703 CX 6 LG-0060-0703 MT 1 LG-0060-1003 MT 6 LG-0060-1003 CX 6 LG-0060-1003 MT 1 LG-0060-1203 MT 6 LG-0060-1203 CX 6 LG-0060-1203 MT 1 LG-0060-2003 MT 6 LG-0060-2003 CX 6 LG-0060-2003 MT 1 LG-0060-3003 MT 6 LG-0060-3003 CX 6 LG-0060-3003 MT 1 LG-0060-4003 MT 6 LG-0060-4003 CX 6 LG-0060-4003 MT 1 LG-0100018 UN 1 i appreciate your help thanks Not certain what...

SQL Reporting Services "From" and "To" date parameter entry slowness / hesitation
I=92ve got a few reports that utilize =93From=94 and =93To=94 date paramete= rs (along with some others) The date parameters default to last months=92 start and end dates which is fine. However, if you want to report for a different month, and you proceed to change the =93From=94 date, as soon as you get through entering a new date in the field, the report appears to refresh (even appears to run although it doesn=92t really), there is a bit of hesitation, then it finally refreshes again, then you can then enter the =93To=94 date and hit the View Report button. It would be much ...

Wide data range
I am charting rainfall for 4 cities over 12 months. 3 of the cities have ranges between 0-6mm of rain per month but the 4th city has ranges of 0-55mm of rain. when i chart this either as a bar or line graph because of the disparate range it is very hard to see the data. any suggestions? In article <6A2D7375-29FF-4E66-AD99-012D6DE723FE@microsoft.com>, chasida@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am charting rainfall for 4 cities over 12 months. 3 of the cities have > ranges between 0-6mm of rain per month but the 4th city has ranges of 0-55mm > of rain. when i chart this ...

No data returned from query
I can't seem to figure out why this query will not return any data. SELECT AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipper, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipLine, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractNumber, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreigthRateOriginPort, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightRateDischargePort, OceanFreightRate. OceanFreightCharge, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightAdditionalFees, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipLine, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipper FROM OceanFreightRate INNER JOIN (EuropeContracts INNER JOIN (AsiaContracts INNER JOIN ContractJunction ON AsiaContracts.AsiaContractID = ContractJunc...

Excel Charts
I have several charts and they all have the series defined until the end of the year. Each month as data is being added to the tables, the scale of the primary axis is being changed to the last day of the current month. There are two series that I am having a problem with that are defined the same on all chart, or at least I think they are. Several of the charts these series go beyond the chart about 1/16 of an inch, no big deal. There is one chart that the same Series goes beyone the chart about +1/8 of an inch. I thought if you defined the max scale that all remaining data is trunc...

Show data on a Visio Sheet from Exce
I am trying to design a corporation flow chart to where i can click on a shape and have it show all the details of a specific corporation (each shape representing a different corporation and thus a different set of data). Is this possible? -- bob74 As a consultant we try to stay away from 'globals and absolutes' ("all the details", "the best solution"). That said you might check this out. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101977211033 al "bob74" <bob74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Vertical Lines To Data Markers
I need to make a couple of graphs to show an audio signal bein digitilised. So i need to show quantization using square data markers but these need to have a vertical line going up to them from the axis. Anyone know how to do this -- mrwol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mrwoll's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1669 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31900 Hi, Can you make use of the error bars? If the markers are at varying heights then consider the Custom +/- values fo...

Save Data By Date
1. I would to import a csv file each day and have it fill certain cells and perform calculations such as a daily balancing sheet would do. 2. Then I would like to have a macro assigned to a control button that would look at the system date and name as save the Excel file by that date. Anyone have any ideas on how to start this project??? Stuart ssmith@cbsposgroup.com I use this Sub saveme() Dim wSheet As Worksheet 'Name Tab UnProtectSheet Application.EnableEvents = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Start Range("K1").Copy Range("K1").PasteSpecial xlPas...

Accounting for change in data over time
Please help, I'm having a brain freeze today, and I can't figure out what should be obvious. I have three tables: tblOrgs that holds information about an organization tblContacts that holds information about the peple that work at organizations tblMarketingRecords that hold marketing information about the organizations and the contacts that have been made. I need to account for two things that can change over time: the first is the person's title; the second is their association with the organizaion. In the first case, a person's title was Admin and is now Associate. ...

duplicate entries #2
I have a rather large spreadsheet of Names, addresses, etc. I have noticed that there are many duplicate entries. any suggestions or formulas that would allow me to highlight the duplicates preferably in color, would be much appreciated. Please keep in mind, that I am a beginner with excel, so I need something simple and uncomplicated.......Thanks microsoft.public.excel "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:KoydnTFn2LdprOrZRVn-qA@comcast.com... >I have a rather large spreadsheet of Names, addresses, etc. I have noticed >that there are...

data travelling through status changes and iterated weekly reporting (based on dates)
Hi, I am having trouble understanding if MS ACCESS supports reporting on a weekly basis, based on data that is delivered in a incremental file (updated weekly) where data travels through status changes based on date fields that are populated. I will give an example. FILE1: WEEK 3 - current status report (date 15-jan) rec_id | prod_date | trans_date | deliv_date | calculated status 1 1-jan 4-jan 6- jan | delivered 1 1-jan 6-jan 12- jan | delivered 1...

Chart Object source data problem
I am having a problem editing an excel template which I managed to cobble together a while back. The template is a dashboard report. It contains one specimen of a dashboard for one store. The way it works is that for each store being reported on, the range containing the specimen is copied and pasted. At the end of that proccess (maybe hundreds of dashboards), 8 chart objects in each dashboard are connected to their source data: i = 9 x = conRows '33 On Error GoTo OuttaHere Do 'Link the charts to their source data: For y = 0 To 7 shtRpt.ChartObjects(i + y).Activate ...

Creating a set number entries
I have made a worksheet that will give me a work order number followed by a sequential number. I have created the output so that it fits onto a sheet of labels. I can get 30 labels to a page, but in order to do 5 pages of labels I will have to re-enter my starting number 5 times. It there a way to set up my worksheet so I can tell it I want to start at 1 and end at 150 and all my entries will be there. No more or no less. The number may be different every time and I don't want to have the person who is going to be using this to have to think about what she has to do. What I have so f...

Upper Case Data acceptance irrespective of CAPS Lock status
I want my data should be entered (in text box object) only in capital letters irrespective of Caps Lock status. Is it possible?????? Vikas, Add the following code to the KeyPress event of your Text box. KeyAscii = Asc(UCase(Chr(KeyAscii))) HTH Peter Hibbs. On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 23:30:00 -0800, Vikas Kale <VikasKale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want my data should be entered (in text box object) only in capital letters >irrespective of Caps Lock status. Is it possible?????? Set the format property of the textbox to > (greater-sign). That should present tha d...

Windows user name from GAL entry
How do I easily retrieve the Windows user names for a list of Outlook email recipients? I am not an administrator; the names are required to set up permissions in another ERP application. Ours is an Exchange server environment with Active Directory. -- Sriram ...

++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++
Hi, ++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++ This is currently limited to a couple of functions to change to and from hex. The programmers in MS (along with thousands of engineers worldwide) would surely benefit if excel could natively support hex numbers. At the very least, could the HEX2DEC function be altered to do automatic sign extension? We (global org, 100,000+ employees) are finding ourselves creating macro's to take in a 16-bit hex no, discover if it is signed, and then pad it out to move the sign up to bit 40. This is surely more messy than it has to be - doe...

Scroll when importing data
Excel 2007 I have a VBA-routine that imports data from an external source. There will be hundreds of rows imported, and this takes several minutes to complete. I would like to always have the last imported row visible. As it is now the page does not scroll as the import takes place. Does anyone understand what I am after, and does anyone have a solution? I do not have the VBA-routien at hand right now so I can't share it with you. Thanx Knut you can try adding something like this to the end of your routine, just change the column letter. lastrow = ActiveSheet.Ce...

Charting Data Series vs. Data Points?
If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is chartable, or is it 600 series, which is not chartable? I have divided the data between three worksheets due to worksheet limitations of 256 columns, but I have not been able to create a single chart line for data extending over the three worksheets. Tommy wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:31:06 -0800: TZ> If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in TZ> 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is TZ> chartable, or is it 600 series, which is no...

Summarising large amt of data across sheets
Hi, Ok .. we deal with large amounts of data across multiple sheets. W have data in this form SHEET 1 a b c d e f 1 a1 b1 c1 d1 e1 f1 2 a2 b2 c2 d2 e2 f2 3 a3 b3 c3 d3 e3 f3 4 a4 b4 c4 d4 e4 f4 5 a5 b5 c5 d5 e5 f5 6 a6 b6 c6 d6 e6 f6 7 a7 b7 c7 d7 e7 f7 and SHEET 2 a b c d e f 1 aa1 bb1 cc1 dd1 ee1 ff1 2 aa2 bb2 cc2 dd2 ee2 ff2 3 aa3 bb3 cc3 dd3 ee3 ff3 4 aa4 bb4 cc4 dd4 ee4 ff4 5 aa5 bb5 cc5 dd5 ee5 ff5 6 aa6 bb6 cc6 dd6 ee6 ff6 7 aa7 bb7 cc7 dd7 ee7 ff7 8 aa8 bb8 cc8 dd8 ee8 ff8 Now, we use this format because we have many such rows and colums (i'v used only 8 rows and 6 columns fo...

VBA coding to retrieve data from Access to Excel :S
Hey everyone, This is what i have so far. I have an excel workbook with 3 worksheets, SETUP, DATA and DISPLAY. I have been using a pre-coded program to bring data from a database where the program using the SETUP sheet from the excel workbook as its critaria and then populates the DATA sheet. I then can use the DATA sheet to display data in the DISPLAY sheet in which ever way i want. Complication is that this pre-coded program is limited to the amount of tables it can hit at a time. Basically its programmed to read up to 3 tables. I now need data from 5 tables all together. The first t...

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column
I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge these three into one column? Try... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 for the format John T. Smith OR =C1&", "&A1&" "&B1 for the format Smith, John T. Hope this helps! In article <24D1088D-0AB1-4910-BF0E-37D8D7A4C056@microsoft.com>, "w8ting4hlp" <w8ting4hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge > these three into one column? ...

Drop down arrow location for validated data
I have created a large database of rating bullets for students at military academy. They are all fairly long and wordy. I want to mov the arrow from the right side to the left side so it can be see without having to scroll right to the end of the cell. Is thi possible with a list of validated data? Is there any other way that can do this without the validated lists -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't change the position of the dropdown arrow in a cell with data validation. You could make the column narrower, and use code to temporarily widen it when the cel...