Data Connection Security in Excel 2007

I'm having an issue with a spreadsheet we've created in Excel 2007.  The
spreadsheet is configured to grab some data from a SQL server on our
LAN.  The problem is, you're hit with a security dialog that states
"Security Warning:  Data Connections have been disabled."  When I add
the location of the file to my Trusted Locations, the dialog goes away.

Here's what we would like to do.  We'd like to be able to sign the
document with a certificate and set all of our client PCs to trust this
certificate via GPO.  The idea here is that any user can open a signed
document from anywhere, whether it be off Sharepoint, a network share, a
local copy, or whatever, and have the document automagically work
without having to answer any dialog prompts.  Idiot-proof active
content, in other words.  =)

I've tried signing a test spreadsheet with a certificate and adding the
same certificate to my Trusted Publishers container, but I'm still hit
with a security warning when opening the file.  Does anyone know of a
way to take care of this?

On a side note, I know you can resolve this by setting up Excel
Services, but we don't want to have to worry about where our users are
opening spreadsheets from.  Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Pulling data from separate tabs

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

data sort

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

Unusual Security Audits
be happening. At one point there was 350 audits in 1 second, the same 4 events repeated, special logon, logon, Kerberos Service Ticket Operations, Logoff. I disabled IPv6 and found things are running a little better, but I'm still getting a lot of strange logon and logoffs. Can anyone give me guidance of how to figure out what is causing this and possibly how to fix it? Thanks! Jake Here is an example of a logon event: An account was successfully logged on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - ...

predict future data

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook