Cutting and Pasteing from One spreadsheet to another.

Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data references.

I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells.
eg  I have the following in one spreadsheet.

=Info!G5
=Info!G6
=Info!G7
=Info!G8
=Info!G9
=Info!G10
=Info!G11
etc

I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into another
spread sheet.

However when I do I get the following

='C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5
='C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6
etc.

Referencing the original document. I dont want this. I just want what I have
in my first example. I have tried pasting just formula, but this does not
work. Nothing seems to work. (Im excel 2000).
Can anyone tell me how to do this?

regards

0
Macdonald
6/2/2005 2:18:49 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select that range to copy.
Edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: $$$$$= (some unique string)
replace all

Now those formulas are just text.

Copy and paste

And then
edit|replace
what: $$$$$=
with: = (some unique string)
replace all

Both in the original worksheet and the pasted worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0
"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Select that range to copy.
> Edit|replace
> what: = (equal sign)
> with: $$$$$= (some unique string)
> replace all
>
> Now those formulas are just text.
>
> Copy and paste
>
> And then
> edit|replace
> what: $$$$$=
> with: = (some unique string)
> replace all
>
> Both in the original worksheet and the pasted worksheet.
>

> Macdonald wrote:
> >
> > Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data
references.

> > I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells.
> > eg  I have the following in one spreadsheet.
> >
> > =Info!G5
> > =Info!G6
> > =Info!G7
> > =Info!G8
> > =Info!G9
> > =Info!G10
> > =Info!G11
> > etc
> >
> > I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into
another
> > spread sheet.
> >
> > However when I do I get the following
> >
> > ='C:\Documents and Settings\All
> > Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5
> > ='C:\Documents and Settings\All
> > Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6
> > etc.
> >
> > Referencing the original document. I dont want this. I just want what I
have
> > in my first example. I have tried pasting just formula, but this does
not
> > work. Nothing seems to work. (Im excel 2000).
> > Can anyone tell me how to do this?
> >
> > regards
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Thanks that works great.

0
Macdonald

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

Export data from the same cell from multiple spreadsheets into a n
Hi, I am working with weekly timeshets in Excel and I am using the same form every week, but save it as a file named "Timesheet 20100122" for a week ending on Fri, Jan 22, 2010 (Our accounting week period). Therefore the daily hours appear every week in the same cell. I would need to export these hours to another - summarizing - spreadsheet (For example and invoice spreadsheet) somehow automatically. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks for your help, Cheers, Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Spreadsheet conversion (Quattro Pro to Excel 2002)
How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I need to work with. Hi maybe try the commercial converters at: www.dataviz.com -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Finger wrote: > How do I convert a quattro pro file (wb1, wb3) for use in Excel 2002? > I can find converters online for older versions of Excel, but not for > 2002. I do not have Quattro Pro, but have Quattro Pro files that I > need to work with....

Relating one column to another
Stupid newbie question coming up: Let's say that in column A I have a series (not sequential) of numbers. In column B I have a word that goes with that number. In column C, I have numbers, which represent the same words as the number in column a represents the word in column B. In other words, I have: Number Word Type: 1: Banana 2 2: Fruit 3: Sausage 4 4: Meat I want to end up with Number Word Type: 1: Banana Fruit 2: Fruit 3: Sausage Meat 4: M...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

How may I add more than 256 columns to an Excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreadsheet. I need 370 columns. Is there anyway to accomplish this within Excel? SPO, excel only has 256 columns -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "SPO" <SPO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75457654-C31C-4787-9790-D07E220849BA@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a horizontal 12 month calendar in an Excel spreads...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another.
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

Multiple rendering after one action
Hi There, Is it possible to render many reports with one link / action? I'm looking for any programmatically approach, which allows me to automatically renrder 25 reports to PDF/XLS Thanks in advance. michlimes Hi, You could use RS as a web service to trigger whatever you want. Seee http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152787.aspx for details. -- Patrice "michlimes" <michlimes@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : E5B78CCB-7636-4FF8-80A3-7064C09DD9DE@microsoft.com... > Hi There, > > Is it po...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...

combining charts from two spreadsheets
I hope someone can help me with this: I have two charts. The one thing these charts have in common are the addresses (the charts are from two different sources). On one chart, I will have monthly sales for the addresses. On another chart, I will have how much each location paid in expenses. I would like to combine these charts into one chart. The addresses on one chart will correspond to the addresses on the other chart and from their, I would like the other information to fall into place. Is this possible? Thanks for any help. this is totally out of the blue, but are you related to...

Paste Disabled- how to enable it?
Dear all, I am using MS excel 2007. After opening an excel file, my excel can't "paste" or paste special when i right click the mouse. Both function are disable. I have tried all excel option and stil can't sovled the problem. Please give me some helps... Thank you!!! just checking but have you first clicked COPY -- grizz "JJ" wrote: > Dear all, > > I am using MS excel 2007. After opening an excel file, my excel can't > "paste" or paste special when i right click the mouse. Both function are ...

Prevent data entry if another field contains data
I need code to prevent data entry into Form Field B if Form Field A has data in it? Access version is 97. Thanks Ron Ron, I would put this code in the Forms Current event, so that as soon as you move to a record, it will do this. I would also put it in the AfterUpdate event of the control that is bound to [Field A] on your form. This assumes that [Field B] is a textbox with the name txt_FieldB me.txt_FieldB.Locked = (LEN(me.txt_FieldA & "") > 0) The code on the right of the equal sign will evaluate to be either True or False, depending on whether there is a value ...

Print 12/1/1 in cell (Excel changes it to date or another #
While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. What I need is the number 12 (for English), 1 (for MP3) and 1 (for Finnish) in this particular cell. How do I get it to print the actual numbers? try putting a ' infront of the numbers "Say Goodnight, Gracie" wrote: > While trying to formulate a magazine order list, Excel changes the number of > magazines needed (12/1/1) to a number other than that typed into the cell. > What I need is the number 12 (for Engli...

Multiple Unrelated Queries In One Report or Form?
Hello guys, I've been tasked with generating a report for my boss that provides an overview of our core database statistics. This includes the total number of orders placed each month and the total value of orders placed each month. I also need to provide the same information for purchase orders, quotations and discrepancy reports. Each individual query is a piece of cake on its own but how can I display all of this information either in a form or preferably in a nicely formatted report? The queries are all completely unrelated so there's no way I can somehow joi...

How did I populate other cells based on infor from one cell?
Hi, Ive got a spreadsheet with staff information such as network username, first name, surname, department, job title, ethnicity, age etc... How do I (if possible), automatically populate the first name, surname, department, job title, ethnicity, age etc... by just typing in the network username? Any help is much appreciated! fkcadl Check out help on VLOOKUP(). With your data in Sheet1 Col A to Col J; in Sheet2 enter the network username in cell A1. In cell B1 enter the below formula and copy/drag towards the right.. =IF($A1<>"",VLOOKUP($A1,Shee...

Extracting email addresses from spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that has a column that is a series of email addresses. The names show up when I look at the spreadsheet but they are linked to the email address. Is there a simply way to make a distribution list from this spreadsheet? Thanks Never mind, found the answer. Google is your friend. John "news.verizon.net" <JTheune@FLYverizon.net> wrote in message news:ZAkVi.2794$p%.841@trndny03... >I have a spreadsheet that has a column that is a series of email addresses. >The names show up when I look at the spreadsheet but they are linked to the >email a...

One Account No Longer Updating
I can no longer get updates from one of my banks. All the others work fine. This started happening about 10 days ago. I contacted my bank and they said there is nothing happening on their end. I set up the online account information once again and it fails during the account setup. During account setup I get this error: "You accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or brokerage. To learn more, on the Tools menu, point to Internet Updates, and then click Read Call Summary Messages." When I do that I see this error: "Microsoft Mon...

Syncing entourage with my iphone
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Can someone please help me. I have the latest versions of Office 2008 Home, iMac and iPhone. Just swapped over from a PC system. The problem is with the calendar side of Entourage. I can sync all the information and changes to my iPhone but any change I make on my iphone calendar only shows up in iCal and not in Entourage. Should I give up and set up the windows option on my iMac and use my PC based office software. Thanks iPhone will only talk to iCal, but once the info is in iCal you...

One to Many Relationship
Here's my issue, I have 2 tables: 1st one (Cash) has 3 fields: ID, Date, Deposit. The second one (Debit) has 6 fields: ID, Deposit ID, Payor, Description, Acct to Debit, Debit. I have a one to many relationship between the two tables, with the primary key on (Cash) table being the ID field and a foriegn key on the (Debit) table being Deposit ID. however when I run the query the amount i specified for Deposit shows up for each record in the (Debit) table. What I want it to do is just show up once, because when I pull a report on the data and sum the fields the Deposit a...

select two option to one criteria
thanks for you help yesterday with a dsum just one quick question this code below ..... [cbMonth] & "' And [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production'") how do i get it to select "Others" as well in [Revenue Stream Division] so something like [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' & 'other'") but that didn't work thanks ..... [cbMonth] & "' And ([Revenue Stream Division] = 'Production' Or [Revenue Stream Division] = 'Other')") "Alan" wrote: > >...

Just one cell in an Excel column won't text wrap.
I'm using Excel for text entries. I selected one column, and formatted the cell alignment to wrap text. This has been working just fine until the last 3 entries, which have reverted to hidden text. (I can see that the text is there, but only a portion is showing.) When I check the individual cells, they show the formatting to be for wrapped text. I've tried undoing the formatting for the entire column, and starting over again. The cells that were wrapped revert to their wrapped state, and these "unwrapped" cells go back to being unwrapped again as well. I'...

Paste Special and Lotus Notes document link
When you use the Paste Special command on the Edit menu to paste a Lotus Notes document link into Microsoft Excel, and you click to select the Paste Link and the Display As Icon check boxes in the Paste Special dialog box, a blank rectangle rather than an icon is pasted onto the spreadsheet, and you cannot active the document link by double-clicking it ... This actually worked for me -- once -- but it doesn't work now. Any workaround ??? ...