CustomProperty truncated in Excel 2003

Hi,

We have some new software that generates an Excel file with several
Custom Properties set. Those, in turn, are linked to certain cells.
Excel 2003 is cutting off the linked text after about 125 characters.
No other version of Excel seems to do this. We've also tested it on
2000, 2002, and 2007, which all work as expected. All of the available
updates for 2003 have been installed. Does anybody know of a solution?
I was able to find a few other references to the issue by searching
the web and newsgroups, but I couldn't find a fix. This seems like a
pretty severe problem...I can't believe it was never corrected!?

Thanks,
Mike
0
bfibandit (1)
2/12/2008 8:11:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Junk E-mail filter problems in Outlook 2003 #2
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then leave...

How to erase MS OUTLOOK 2003 duplicate mails in my INBOX
Hi, I'd like to erase, from my PC, all duplicate mails of my Inbox. Duplicate mails are identical mails (same date, origine, sender, ...) that my mail server (POP) loads more than one time a day because of the option "Keep mails on server for x... days" is selected. I don't want to change this setting and I can't use an IMAP server. So I need a script or a VBA macro to check that point. Any idea?? Thanks Rodryg <rodryg@magic.fr> wrote: > I'd like to erase, from my PC, all duplicate mails of my Inbox. > Duplicate mails are identical mails (same d...

Deleting Phantom Lines in Excel
I am finding phantom lines when I print. They are not in the file and don't show up on the print preview. Please help ...

installed office 2007, 2003 calendar events did not appear.
I had a error 1311 on installation of office 2007. The error solution was to uninstall office 2003 and reinstall 2007. Everything came up fine except calendar. None of my events from 2003 showed up, however my reminder popups worked from the 2003 calendar. I can't find the name of the calendar file to try to reinstall. Thanks, Charlie The calendar is in your pst. Do you see the calendar if you use Folder list view? (Press Ctrl+6 to switch to the folder list. ) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Excel Startup Error
Whenever I double click on my Excel icon I get a message that `C:\Program files\Microsoft office\office 10\library\mobiledb.xla can not be found. I tap on the OK button and immediately go into Excel but this error notice is getting on my last nerve! I've searched and sure enough it's not on my computer. I was looking for an Excel.ini file so that I could remove Excel's search for this bogus file but I can't figure it out. Any help would be wonderful as I'm tired of looking at this useless error. Thanks in advance, Mick I think it is the Palm database add-in. Have yo...

Cannot logout of Outlook Web Access in 2003
We are having a problem here at work with Outlook 2003 Web access. We have multiple users using certain machines that are logged on under the one global account. When we were running Outlook Web Access under 2000, it would log out no problems, but now with the upgrade to 2003, it keeps the same settings from the one user, even if we click the log out option. Is there a setting i have missed somewhere, or a way aroud this problem? We can log in as others, if we type in that particular users username at the end of the html address. But this really isnt practicle as some of of users a...

Out of Office not working Exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and have set the Internet Message Formats properties to allow Out of Office responses, restarted the SMTP and Exchange Routing Engine services, but it still won't send the Out of Office message to outside recipients. I even set the Allow automatic replies to on, just to see if that will work, but it simply doesn't. Any ideas on what else I need to do? A client really needs to get this working on his server, and I can't even get it working on mine. Rob Miles -- There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those w...

Updating "Master" Excel Worksheet
I'm in a national law enforcement association with over 10k members. We keep our national membership records in Access. Replication would be wonderful tool, but not a lot of the chapters have Access, but most of the members have Excel. We would like to send each chapter their membership info in an Excel worksheet for them to update and then return to us to update our national records without changing each entry by hand. I'm not sure if this is an Access or Excel question, or maybe both, but is there a way to do this using the automated features? I'll be eternally grateful...

opening excel from intranet ie6.0
I have a number of excel files I wish to share between multiple users. I can give them access to these files via our Intranet using Internet Explorer 6.0. My problem is that the excel files open up inside the browser, not in excel. I want user to click on the file in the Intranet IE6.0 and for the file to open in the Excel application (Excel 2000). Any ideas / help welcome. Thanks Paddy ...

Outlook 2003 beta doesn't send body
I am getting the body of my message as a blank when using Outlook 2003 beta. Is this a known bug and is there a fix? Thanks, Jon There were a few bugs along those lines in the beta. Most were fixed for the "technical refresh" of the beta (do you have that?), but I think one was even there in that. As far as I know, all have been fixed in recent builds. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f3a5079_3@corp-news.newsgr...

Excel messes my data up
Hi, I am trying to run vlookup for about 5K cells from range of 20k cells. Now the problem is that some of the cells include only numbers and some both numbers and letters, like AB11002. I also have empty spaces on the data so I have to run trim on both data before running vlookup. Just after trimming both data vlookup runs correctly, but if I "touch" any cell containing only numbers excel propably converts it to number and at this point excel don't think those two cells that before was equal are equal any more. So how in the earth I could convert my mixed data in the format e...

exchange 2003 testing
My exchange 2003 trial has expired. I have the release version which I purchased. Can I install as on update and not loose the data? If not, can I go in and backup the date to PST files? thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 5 May 2005 13:56:37 -0400, "jjk" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >My exchange 2003 trial has expired. I have the release version which I >purchased. > >Can I install as on update and not loose the data? If not, can I go in and >backup the date to PST files? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >NJPIES >rrego@njpies.org &...

rules by category in outlook 2003
Hello, I have my contacts organized by Categories such as Business, Personal etc.. I have the following rule: Apply this rule after the message arrives assigned to Business category move it to the Business folder However, this rule has no effect, I click on run rules now, or when new mails arrive from my contacts in the Business category.. I found out the following.. if I right click on the message then Click on options, I see a category text box, if I assign the email to a Business category and run the rule, it works.. I don't get it... what is the point of the category if I cannot ...

Set default account in Outlook 2003
Hello! I have a client who has a hosted Exchange account (AppRiver) and a POP3 account in his stand-alone computer that is NOT connected to an SBS domain (but I am cross-posting there because so many large brains hang out there!). He wants to have the Exchange account be the default, but it sometimes flips to be the POP3 account "without me touching it" as he says. I have found several references to the exact opposite problem when on an SBS network, i.e., people want the POP3 to be the default but it reverts to Exchange. The fix for that is to add the following. Key: HKEY_LO...

Excel into Word
I have an Excel document that has a column for each section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there any way for this to be put into block format in Word to print out an address list? Thanks! May work with a mail merge in word - that will read a excel spreadsheet "Jeni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13ce001c3f7e3$cdfde030$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel document that has a column for each > section of an address (Name, Street, City, ect.) Is there > any way for this to be put into block format in Word to > print out a...

Excel book #2
Witch is the best excel book? marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Depends upon where you start from, and what you want to achieve. Check out John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible as a start. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "marquetta kayes" <marquetta.kayes@livepharm.com> wrote in message news:1a5c7$42e4a746$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com... > Witch is the best excel book? > > marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Considering you can get it delivered to your inbox, free, you might want to try MrExcel's new book. http://www...

Excel Formatting #3
I want to know how to format rows into even columns. For example, my spreadsheet has 160 rows that I would like to format into 3 even columns across a landscape page. Can anyone tell me how this is done? ...

Exchange 2003 Forms Logon
Hi there.... I am trying to have exchange 2003 view forms when using the webmail client to logon, I set it to use forms in exchange system manager, but upon login.... no forms :/ just a dialog box to logon... Can anyone help? thanks alot in advance Rudi Groenewald wrote: > Hi there.... > > I am trying to have exchange 2003 view forms when using the webmail > client to logon, I set it to use forms in exchange system manager, > but upon login.... no forms :/ just a dialog box to logon... > > > Can anyone help? I guess you mean Forms-based Authentication? Are you u...

Unable to open excel file #2
Hi. I have problem openning an excel file from windows explorer or from my desktop. However, when I open the excel program and open a file manually(File-Open----) everything works fine. I get an error message that the file could not be located. I noticed that it adds .xls to every word separated by space. For example: My file is in C:/Shared/Folder/test.xls, it tries to open: C:/Shared.xls then Folder.xls then test.xls Please help. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! I think the steps below will solve this problem: 1. Exit Excel 2. From the Startmenu, cli...

Macros in Excel #5
How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is selected in another dropdown box? You could record a macro of your changing the validation list. However, you can do it without a macro using the technique here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <558CC81E-4F2C-4A4C-B9A6-0B8E533722D2@microsoft.com>, "alhawtin" <alhawtin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is > selected in another dropdown box? ...

Excell
How do I change font colour in a footer?? There are options to change the font, size, underline etc but not colour... Can anyone help? You can't change the font colour in a footer. If you really need coloured text, you could print just the footer using Word, then print the Excel file onto those pages. Or, if you have Excel 2002, you can insert a coloured picture into the footer, so you could create a graphic with the text, and insert that. cinabar wrote: > How do I change font colour in a footer?? > > There are options to change the font, size, underline etc > but not...

Outlook 2003 and Exch CALs
This is a licensing question: If I buy Exchange Server 2003 (server license) and I buy Outlook 2003, do I still need to purchase the Exchange CALs? Conversely, if I buy the Exchange CALs, do I need to buy Outlook 2003? OR, do I need to purchase ALL 3 types of licenses? It's kind of confusing because on the product info page it says "Each Exchange 2003 CAL also includes Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003". It sounds like to me that if you buy the Exchange CALs, you don't need to buy the full price Outlook 2003. Yes? No? David. As far as I know buying Outlook (any vers...

automate 2dline with marker chart generation
In generating line charts with markers, I can change the color of the markers, but not the marker lines and series lines. The VBA code for the markers is: .SeriesCollection(1).Select With Selection .MarkerStyle = xlDiamond .MarkerSize = 9 End With .SeriesCollection(1).Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 200, 25) What are the references for the marker lines and the lines between the series points? Excel 2007 Chart Format markers and point line segments. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/10_31_09a.xlsm the "Herbert Sei...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Excel VBA
I have been able to get a button that inserts rows but also need th formula in the new row to copy from the row moved. Below is my code for inserting rows. What would I add to have th formulas across the row to copy to the new row?? Sub Macro4() Range("TotalRev").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert Range("COGS").Select ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select Selection.EntireRow.Insert End Sub Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com David McRitchie has some code you can steal at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm &...