Custom View: Keeping worksheet hidden?

(Excel 2003)

I've got a workbook with several worksheets (some hidden). I'd like to
use "custom views" to basically set the print/page setup for each
worksheet---the setup varies per sheet. Custom view allows me to do
this, but it also unhides the worksheets.

Question:
Is there anyway to keep a Custom View from hidding/unhiding a
worksheet? I tried saving the view with the sheet hidden and unhidden,
but when I select the view, it shows everything as the view was saved.
Problem is, the worksheets that are hidden are unhidden by other
events....the custom view is interfering with the process.

In VBA, CustomView only has two methods: PrintSettings and
RowColSettings. Neither of these seems to apply to sheet visibility. I
tried saving the view with each method on/on, off/on, on/
off....nothing changed the visiblity setting.

Any ideas on how to keep CustomView from hiding/unhiding sheets? Or,
maybe there's a better way to approach this. I'm basically just trying
to set several "print/page views" for each worksheet (margins, page
breaks, print area).

TIA...
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi John;

There is a VBA setting to make the sheet "xlVeryHidden" that will make it
only viewable and accessable if you know it it there and tell it in code to
be visible.

I hope this helps,

Greg

"John" <soundneedle@gmail.com> wrote in message
> (Excel 2003)
>
> I've got a workbook with several worksheets (some hidden). I'd like to
> use "custom views" to basically set the print/page setup for each
> worksheet---the setup varies per sheet. Custom view allows me to do
> this, but it also unhides the worksheets.
>
> Question:
> Is there anyway to keep a Custom View from hidding/unhiding a
> worksheet? I tried saving the view with the sheet hidden and unhidden,
> but when I select the view, it shows everything as the view was saved.
> Problem is, the worksheets that are hidden are unhidden by other
> events....the custom view is interfering with the process.
>
> In VBA, CustomView only has two methods: PrintSettings and
> RowColSettings. Neither of these seems to apply to sheet visibility. I
> tried saving the view with each method on/on, off/on, on/
> off....nothing changed the visiblity setting.
>
> Any ideas on how to keep CustomView from hiding/unhiding sheets? Or,
> maybe there's a better way to approach this. I'm basically just trying
> to set several "print/page views" for each worksheet (margins, page
> breaks, print area).
>
> TIA...

0
sonbelt (5)

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Forms in two differant views

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

Worksheet Filtering by UserName
I have an excel workbook with 60 tabs (worksheets) that contain user production data and I need a way that when someone opens up the workbook they only see the (worksheet) tab with their information only and not the entire workbook. Is there a way to do this in excel? Thank you! Probably the best way to do this is to create a sheet and name it something like 'Passwords' and put a command button in that sheet and point it to this code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i_pwd As String i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password to Unhide Sheet", &qu...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

How to CreateTournament Worksheet
I'm not an experienced user of excel but want to create a worksheet sheet to work in a tournament format with picture, have two picture next to each other click on one and it moves it to the next round. I have around 20 pictures of teams and which need to gradually reduce to a winner in the final. Can anyone help? Is there a template to get hold of. Thought someone will have already done some thing like this for football teams? -- Jarvis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jarvis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Outlook keeps making itself Default
Hi, Everytime I start Outlook it takes over as default for email and addresses even though I have that option unchecked in outlook, and in IE I set OE Express as default, yet each time I launch outlook it takes over as Default, any ideas TIA Wayne ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

How do I sort a proctected worksheet
Unprotect it. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Audrey" <Audrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E1AC0AE-67F0-46B1-A741-B32D4DF69D43@microsoft.com... > That is a given, but I have columns that I don't want sorted. I have locked those columns in hopes they would not sort and the others would. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help. "Chip Pearson" wrote: > Unprotect it. > > > -- > Cordially, > Chip Pearson > Microsoft MVP - Excel > Pearson...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

Attaching a worksheet to an e-mail
Hi! I am working with excel 2003 I would like to attach a worksheet (not the entire workbook) to a e-mail. I would like to do it as an excel worksheet if possible but can make it work as a body of text as well. What would the code loo like for this. The user is accessing my workbook file (read only) through a websit and when they fill-out the form they click a button and the macr e-mails the form worksheet to my e-mail address. This is an attempt a doing "On-Line" warranty claims. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated -- Brian Matlac --------------------------------...

Worksheet Help req PLZ
Hey All, I have a small issue where I have created a worksheet called data and in Cell A3 I have a linked cell to another worksheet and cell "WK48!A2" In Cell A4 in the "data" worksheet I need a link to "WK49!A2". I would like to link all cells in Column A to consecutively "WKxx" worksheet once I add them to the workbook. I thought I could drag them mouse down but al I get is links to consecutive cells in "WK48" work sheet. Please help mag()() Try =INDIRECT("'WK"&ROW(48:48)&"'!A2") -- Reg...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Worksheet size #3
I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't wide enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? Thanks Avril Hi Avril Excel is limited to 256 columns. This can not be changed. Cheers JulieD "Avril" <Avril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C0900E-D321-4914-BE89-B75A028C2D94@microsoft.com... >I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't >wide > enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? > > Thanks > > Avril Hi so you want more than 256...

customer Guid from opportunity
I am currently using the web service to retrieve the customerid for a particular opportunity. But when i examine the customerid the properties are available, such as name but the value property is nothing. Does anyone know how I may obtain the customer Guid from an opportunity? Many thanks in advance -- Mike F ...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

OWA Attachment Viewing
I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this normal behavior? Thanks, Jeff Are you logging in domain\username or just username? James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Jeff Grossman wrote: > I have a question regarding OWA. When my users double click on an > attachment, it opens up another IE window and requires them to log in > again. Is this something I have set wrong in Exchange, or is this >...

2007 View Code ThisWorkbook
In Excel 2003, we could easily right-click the Excel icon in the menu bar (next to File etc.) and select "View Code" to go straight to the "ThisWorkbook" object in the VBA Editor. Is there any similar shortcut available for this in Excel 2007 that I could perhaps add to my Quick Access Toolbar? Or perhaps a keystroke combination similar to Alt+F11 that would take you straight to ThisWorkbook? Thanks! -- Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit from it later. Hi, right click in the tab name "KC" wrote: &...

Viewing BBC Receipients
I have tried looking at the people we send an email to under BCC, when I open the email in the sent file the BCC list does not show. How can I view who all got the message? Thanks <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d4f301c439cc$78f01c90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried looking at the people we send an email to > under BCC, when I open the email in the sent file the BCC > list does not show. How can I view who all got the > message? Thanks Unless you sent the message, that's the purpose of BCC! You're MEANT not to be able to see. ...

keep lover level bullet list with previous bullet
Word 2007. I have a Heading then some paragraphs. Then a bullet list. How do I prevent a page from breaking in the middle of a lower level bullet list? In other words, how do I keep lower level bullets with it's upper level? For example: Many paragraphs o upper level bullet aaa - one aaa - two aaa - three aaa o upper level bbb - one bbb - two bbb - three bbb Right now I run out of room on the page and -two bbb goes to the next page. I can highlight the "bbb"s and under Paragraph/line and Page Breaks check Keep Lines Together. I may nee...