Custom patterns for cell shading

Hello,

Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option?

I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting.

(I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie
if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically
show the flow.)

Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using
windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be
awesome.

Jools

--
World of Warcraft *isn't* work?
0

how to seperate data from 1 cell into multiple cells?
How can I take a cell that contains a name and title and seperate it into 3 cells? e.g. 1 cell with John Smith, M.D. into 3 cells? Thanks Lloyd Select the cell, use Data/Text to Columns, click Delimited, then select Space and Finish. "Lloyd" <info@atlanticvoice> wrote in message news:<8ebd01c3ea12$04e08600$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > How can I take a cell that contains a name and title and > seperate it into 3 cells? > > e.g. 1 cell with John Smith, M.D. into 3 cells? > > Thanks > > Lloyd I gave this to my class... on the menubar, Data: Tex...

Excel Cell Width
How do I adjust the width of a cell WITHOUT adjust the entire column? You can't Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JeffW" wrote: > How do I adjust the width of a cell WITHOUT adjust the entire column? Jeff, the only way would be to use format center across selection, or merge cells to put two or more cells in the row together -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "JeffW" <JeffW@discussions.microsoft.co...

Counting a single value in a cell?
I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in cell A1 and AUS-ORD-LHR/WAW-LHR-ORD/AUS is cell A2. Cell A1 has 2 dashes and A2 has 4 dashes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. =LEN(B10)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B10,"-","")) for data in B10 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200789 "Greg" wrote: > I want to count how often a single value (the dash symbol) occurs in a > single cell than rank it. Showing two examples, AUS-IAH/PTY-IAH/AUS is in > cell A...

Marked cells more visible
When marking cells in 2007, is it possible to change the color to a more visible one? I see Chip says that the RowLiner download is an upgrade to Hilite. -- Jim "Prixt0n" <leifhy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ba78be5e-0f2a-4c4a-ba7d-051d5a9d5c5f@v28g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... | When marking cells in 2007, is it possible to change the color to a | more visible one? This is where someone from MS acknowledges the issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2008/04/22/improving-sheet-selection.aspx -- Jim "Prixt0n" <leifhy@gmail.com> wrote in message n...

Insert a reference table and have different size cells
I have a weekly job report I fill out where I record what jobs each employee has been working on for that day. I would like to add another table to the worksheet where I would be able to see a list of jobs to perform. Then I could record where some one worked and what he did. The problem is I need to make the cells in the second table smaller. Any one know how I can do this? ...

Cell entry used in formula
I'm using a common lookup formula like the following: =index(B1:B5,match(E1,A1:A5,false),1) Is it possible to write the above formula to reference entries in cell as cell numbers? For example: If cell J1 contains the text "B3" , can a function b written in place of E1 (in the formula) to reference J1 and use B3 (o whatever cell number in in J1)? Hope this makes sense. Thanks Bobb -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm guessing you might want something like this: =INDEX(B1:B5,MATCH(INDIRECT(J1),A1:A5,FALSE),1) Your example is confusing because you used ...

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

custom size too large to print, can't remove extra blank space
Scanned framed text was added to Word which forced page to custom size. After I formatted text there is a considerable amount of blank space I can't remove. There is NOTHING in the space as I have selected view all formatting marks and nothing is there, yet I can't remove. The spacing "resizer" at the top of page does not affect it either. Any suggestions?? Perhaps the text was scanned as a picture? If so, you will need OCR to render it editable. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &qu...

Ghosting Out Cells
I have a spreadsheet which will be replicated and given to a number of different people to fill in different parts. I would like to Ghost out, or make semi-transparent, parts of the spreadsheet (depending on which part the individual needs to fill in). I know you can shade cells....but is there anyway to alter the transparency of the colours/gridlines/fonts.... Any help would be great. (Im using Excel 2000) Cheers, Phil I've figured this out.. If you draw a box over the area you want to make transparent... then format the box and make it semi-transparent. "PW11111" ...

custom a list
Hi, In excel, I can type in a date and drag it. It will give me a list of another dates. For example: if I type in 11/1/04 and drag it, I can see 11/1/04 ( monday), 11/2/04, 11/3/04, 11/04/04, 11/5/04, 11/06/04, 11/07/04, 11/8/04 (monday). ----------------- I would like to have a list that will take out 11/06/04 and 11/07/04 because these dades are Sat and Sun. -------- May I use marco to create the list? or use custom lists located on Tools---options. -------------------------- or Can I put a calendar on Excel sheet so users can select a specific date? If you think that I can, Ple...

Excel Cell Formatting question
I am using MS Excel 2003 SP1. I would like to have negative numbers display as red and in brackets ) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks To -- Tom Bradstree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Bradstreet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1578 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27296 Select the range you want to format and go to the Format menu, selec Cells. Then select the Number tab and select your number of decima places and the format for negative numbers ...

How do I fill down keeping one cell calculation from changing in .
If I have a calculation I want to fill down which has multiple calculations. How do I fill it down keeping one of the calculations constant. Meaning one of the calculations always uses the same cell for a calculation, it doesn't change as the cells go down. eg =SUM(A2*F13-J13) I wand to keep the A2 all the way down but want the others to change as it is filled down. Thanks, WC Look up About cell and range references in the HELP files. And try this: =SUM($A$2*F13-J13) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all...

PROFIT MADE BY CUSTOMER
ANY BODY CAN HELP IN CGRATING QUERY IN SQL SHOWING HOW MUCH MONEY I MADE ON EACH & SET THEIS NUMBER AS CUSTOMNUMBER FIELD SO THAT WHEN I RUN THE QUERY IT WILL UPDATE THE CUSTOM FIELD WHERE THE EMPLYEE CAN SEE HOW MUCH MONEY WE MAKE OF A CUSTOMER PLEASE I NEED THIS BAD -- maher almasri Maher I could use the same thing so I'm just going to add on to your post,if you don't mind. BUT...I would also like to see "cost" "profit" per line item as it is being entered into POS. Then totalled,but not printed on customer receipt. My customer wheel's and dea...

Customizing Activities Views?
Been hunting for a solution to this for ages now.. Is there any way of customizing the Activities Views in the Workplace section. If you open the 'Activities' Pane in Workplace, you have a list of predefined views (Open Activities, Closed Activities, My Activities, All Activities) - is there any way to customize or all new views to this list? The question stems from the Workflow section of MSCRM; when you advance an opportunity through your workflow lifecycle, a number of automated activities are created which (given a number of opportunities) quickly clog up a users Workp...

cell function
Is there a way to have a cell in a spreadsheet be represented as a symbol? example: if i want cell A1 to show a checkmark or an x when the cell is checked, how would i do that (if it can be done)? greatly appreciated Not sure I totally get how you're envisioning it to work. I'm guessing you want to click on the cell at which point it will put an x in the cell then take it off. 2 ways to do it. 1) (I wouldn't do this) use forms, and put a checkbox over the cell. I've found the checkboxes are always tough to manage, expecially if people are inserting rows, resizi...

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

Formula Needed for Corresponding Blank Cell
Hi All, Well that didn't work: =IF($B$7:$B$689<>"",IF($W$7:$X$689="","SOMETHING IS MISSING",""),"") And neither did this: =IF($B$7:$B$689<>"",IF(OR($W$7:$W$689=""),OR($X$7:$X$689=""),OR($Y$7:$Y $689="")),"SOMETHING IS MISSING",""),"") No laughing. I'm trying. And I did use Ctrl-Shift-Enter. It's supposed to catch blank cells in columns W, X, or Y if column B in the same row isn't blank. Column B is a date and W, X and Y are ...

cell +1 with one button?
HI! I need to know how to add '1' to a cell using only one button. Meaning value WAS 3 and becomes 4. Is there a way to do this? It is for live stats in a sports game, s� speed is of the essense. That is why it has to be a "1-button operation." Thanks in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Attach this macro to the button: Public Sub Add1() With ActiveCell If IsEmpty(.Value) Or IsNumeric(.Value) Then _...

pasting in merged cells #2
I have created a form in excel 2003 where I have a column for names and there are six rows merged in each block that contains the name due to space for data in other parts of the form. I am wanting to paste a list of names in the name column containing the merged cells so that there will be one name per merged cell in the column. How can that be done? I think merged cells give more problems than they are worth. When a cell is merged there is only 1 cell. In your case I would not merge the cells but format them with a borde around them and cell colour to look like they are merged -- M...

Finding the cell in which an object lies
Hi again I'm trying to make a page break after a chart. But I can't do this i seems, the page break can only be inserted into a cell/row. Any idea how to determine the cell that the corner of an object is in I want to take my object, find what call it is above, and break base on that cell. Cheers -- F*S ----------------------------------------------------------------------- F*SH's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3635 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56251 the chartobject has a .topleftcell and a .bo...

How do I change the color the cell becomes when doing a FIND
When I do a FIND or FIND / REPLACE, when Excel finds the value I am looking for, it highlights the cell, but the highlighted cell is in white, which is the standard sheet background. How can I change a setting so anytime I try to do a find, when the cell is found, it shows this cell in a totally different color say purple or red or yellow etc.. I find sometimes trying to identify which cell it has selected in a full screen of data can be tough. I jst want to be able to locate the selected cell easier. Thanks for your help Two known and common options to search ALL WB sheets....

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet
Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in Column G. Example: G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill column F to do this automatically. Thank you! Heather =indirect("A" & G1) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "HeatherJ" wrote: > Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want > Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in > Column G. >...

Copying vertical and horizontal ranges of cells
Will excel allow me to copy a range of vertical cells on one workboo page to a horizontal range on another page? If so, how? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Checkman............, yes, look up TRANSPOSE in HELP, when you paste there is a transpose option on the dialog. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Checkman >" <<Checkman.17uzi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote i...

VB6 - ADO
First I must to say Sorry, because my English is not the best. I have some values that I write into an Excel XP sheet from VB6 using ADODB connection. The problem is that in Excel XP sheet the numbers in the cells are formatted as text. (All the cells In Excel have a green error indicator in the upper left corner). To write the values in Excel sheet I use INSERT INTO � or AddNew and Update methods of the RecordSet. I would like to now how can I copy the values (or one column) of the MSFlexGrid to Clipboard. It is to Past to another application, like Excel Sheet or OriginPro 7. Thanks any He...

How do I disable "Customize" on MS Publisher?
PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User interface" which in include "Predefined" and "Custom". I did modify the PUB11.ADM files but the application itself doesn't recognize the chamges. So my question is how do I disable those feature on MS Publisher? Hello All, I have the same problem now, does anyone know a solution for this problem or can i make a custom adm file...? "Ramos" wrote: > PUB11.ADM files is missing the capability to use "Disable Items in User > interface" which in include &quo...