Custom number format with colors

Hi,

I would like to format my numbers this way:

> 0  --> Green
= 0  --> Black
< 0  --> Red

How can I do that?

Thanks!!

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format
button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for
each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A)
--
-John
is helpful.

"andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>
> > 0  --> Green
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!

0
jmbundy (31)
11/8/2007 4:43:03 PM
One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom....

    [Green]General;[Red]General;General;@

In article <1194539644.041919.64200@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
 andre.labonte@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>
> > 0  --> Green
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/8/2007 4:45:24 PM
That will certainly work, but is somewhat more resource intensive than
using Custom Formatting.

In article <C612FF3E-37A4-495C-82B3-75F023BC15DF@microsoft.com>,
 John Bundy <jmbundy@gmail.com(remove)> wrote:

> Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format
> button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for
> each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/8/2007 4:55:59 PM
Conditional Formatting.

andre.labonte@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to format my numbers this way:
>

>>0  --> Green
>
> = 0  --> Black
> < 0  --> Red
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks!!

0
birelan (531)

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

Custom entities and attributes Off Line
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook client... Pl advice... regards Hi, Yes, you can access custom entities and attributes when you are offline on the Laptop client. Please remember to specify what data you want to sync in Local Data Groups in the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "S" wrote: > Hi, > > Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and > entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook ...

Multiple colors transparent in picture-HOW?
I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am unable to in Publisher. What programs would allow me to make this change? If it is a bitmap, i.e. jpg, bmp and others, you need to use a photo editing program. If it is a vector (.wmf) you can ungroup the image, select the area you want partially transparent, right-click, click format object. This link will take you to Paint.NET, it is a pretty good free program. http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs?
How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the answer I'm after is 17 A1 -10 A2 5 A3 -2 =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:19:52 GMT, Invalid <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote: >How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the >answer I'm after is 17 > >A1 -10 >A2 5 >A3 -2 > > Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in news:1o2f63pa84r8o6tdf65sa9ptpbv0nlt7u6@4ax.com: Thank you Gord. ----- > =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) > > > Gord Dibben M...

check number > 10000
I have a checking account where my check numbers recently went over the 10000 mark and my credit union told me that the OFX format only goes up to 9999 so they start over at check number 1. I find it hard to believe that this could really be true. Anyone else run into this and have a better solution? Would another bank not have this issue? I use Money 2004 and it allows me to enter check numbers over 10000, but when I download my transactions from my Credit union it knows enough to match the check up correctly (IE: Credit union check number 10 match my entry of 10010) but when I accept ...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Free shipping for selected customers
Our Store Ops system is setup to always charge shipping on all orders for all customers (the "Automatic shipping" option in Store Ops configuration is checked). For 99% of our customers, this is correct. However, there are a select group of employees who work in our warehouse. They do not need the garments shipped to them, so they should not automatically be charged shipping. There are also some high-end customers who we normally provide free shipping as a courtesy. Our system is also setup to received orders from a website (using a custom web interface). It can feed the cu...

Importing to a contact subfolder with that has a custom form
I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated DOS file the resulting records are in the default contact form rather than the custom form. When I manually add a contact it correctly chooses the custom form. Any help will be welcomed! You can re-apply the form to the items that don't have it - methods depend on your version of Outlook. Bob White wrote: > I am using a custom form for a subfolder under contacts. > When I use the import wizard to import a comma deliniated > DOS file the resulting records are i...

Tracking Changes

find sum in list of of numbers
Hello, I have a list of numbers in a column and I need to find which numbers when summed together equal a figure. I have a list of invoice amounts that I need to match up with payments (the payments are always made for several invoices so I need to come up with sums of several invoices to get to this payment amount). An example would be I have this in the following section (A1:A10): $17,213.82 $4,563.02 $85,693.42 $1,166.01 $725.90 $580.09 $2,243.75 $240.16 $207.70 $725.90 I need to find which combination of these figures would sum $1,173.76. Thanks in Advance, Dza the troubled ...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...

row spacing in custom drawn CListCtrl
I have noticed that row spacing in a custom drawn (not owner drawn) CListCtrl when run on Vista or Server 2008 is about 20% larger than on XP. Is there a way to reduce this spacing? Thanks in advance, Julijan Probably not easily; Vista uses a different font than XP, so you are probably seeing artifacts of the different font size (assuming that the Vista machine is running in an absoutely identical configuration to the XP machine, same size screen, same resolution, same default font name, etc.; if not, then there is no reason to expect they will be "the same", ever, anyway). ...

How to recall the Phone number ... what about other variables?
Hi just a simple question, I'm customizing my status.htm page. Without having any guide, I'm guessing almost every variable. One of the easy of them: Customer's PhoneNumber.... I tried with QSRules.Transaction.Customer.PhoneNumber but didn't bring my anything What is the right syntax? Does anybody have any list of variables you can call using QSRules ? Thanks Gustavo Gustavo, try this out: QSRules.Transaction.Customer.HomeAddress.PhoneNumber ...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

Limiting Number of Records per User
Just wondering if there is a way to limit the number of records a user can take ownership of. For example....leads. A salesperson can only have x amount of leads assigned to them at a given time. Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_36201CDB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi and thank you for your post. Unfortunately there is not a way to limit a user's record ownership. Just to be sure I checked with the SDK team and they don't have a way to do that either. But I would like to encourage you to make a product suggestion along these lines. We are very i...

Printing Custom Forms and Exporting Custom Fields
I want to design a custom form and place it in the Public Folder for use by multiple users. Two problems: 1) unable to print custom forms 2) understand that data from custom fields cannot be exported into another application I need to export the data for management reports. Any suggestions? I am not a programmer, but have had some success working with VBA in Excel. Info on the microsoft sites appears stale. We have Outlook 2002 and Microsoft XP operating system. Thank you very much. ...

Counting the number cells between two dates
Hi guys, Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. Column A:A contains a list dates, I want to use a formula to count the number of cells which contain a date between 01/01/05 - 31/01/05. Any ideas, Many thanks, Dave Try: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000>=--"1/1/05")*(A1:A1000<=-- "1/31/05")) BTW - I'm using American date formats in mine. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi guys, > >Hope someone can help with this, I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a simple one. > >Column A:A con...

Mailbox size out of porpotion to number of emails #3
Hello! My boss came to me asking why his mailbox is so large. I checked, and it is out of porportion to the number of messages he has. I'm asking our security person to run a virus check just as a precaution- the server is protected 24/7- and am looking for other ideas of what to check. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks! Natalie ...

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

How do I limit the number of characters in a cell?
When try to limit the number of characters allowed in cell by going through the data/validation menu, it still allows more than the number of characters than I specified. I don't get it :( ...

match destination formatting
Is there a way for me to set "Match Destination Formatting" when I am pasting text into Outlook & Word? ...

Simultaneously Formatting Charts
In Excel 2002 is it possible to format more than one chart at a time or do they have to each be formatted individually? Is it possible to format one chart and apply the formatting to other existing charts? I have a series of charts that need the same formatting and I'm looking for a ay to only do it once and thus save a lot of time. Thanks! You can format one chart Select that chart, and copy it Select another chart, anc choose Edit>Paste Special Select Formats, click OK Select another chart, and press the F4 key, to repeat the previous action. Artsy wrote: > In Excel 2002 is...