Custom keyboard shortcuts

In Word (2007), I can assign any "command" to any key combination from
the File | Options | Customize. This does not appear to be available
in Excel 2007.

I would like to make some key combination, such as Ctrl-Shift-L, to
toggle the Lock setting for the selected cells.

I know I can do this with a macro, but would prefer to use a Excel
command, like in Word, if this is available. If not, I'll go the macro
route.

Thanks
0
SquarePeg (160)
9/13/2008 8:54:39 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Square Peg

No this is not a option in Excel

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:jt9oc4tj9pfh3ca9b2j24s0877q1717vba@4ax.com...
> In Word (2007), I can assign any "command" to any key combination from
> the File | Options | Customize. This does not appear to be available
> in Excel 2007.
>
> I would like to make some key combination, such as Ctrl-Shift-L, to
> toggle the Lock setting for the selected cells.
>
> I know I can do this with a macro, but would prefer to use a Excel
> command, like in Word, if this is available. If not, I'll go the macro
> route.
>
> Thanks
0
rondebruin (3790)
9/13/2008 9:08:54 PM
On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:08:54 +0200, "Ron de Bruin"
<rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote:

>Hi Square Peg
>
>No this is not a option in Excel

Pity. I thought I read somewhere that MSFT was bragging about the
tight integration between Office apps. This looks pretty loose to me.

I found 2 alternatives in 2007: (1) The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) and
(2) Macros. Excel does have "commands", just like in Word, for use by
VBA.

To assign a command to the QAT, click on the QAT down arrow, select
the desired command, click Add to add it to the QAT. Rearrange as
desired. This has the advantage of being visible. It has the
disadvantage of requiring the mouse. (This was a request for custom
keyboard shortcuts.)

To assign a command to a macro, use the macro recorder. When creating
the macro, you will be given a chance to assign a keyboard shortcut,
but only Ctrl or Ctlr+Shift. Alt cannot be assigned.
0
SquarePeg (160)
9/14/2008 6:06:04 PM
For macros try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

"Square Peg" <SquarePeg@Round.Hole> wrote in message news:t5jqc4pg8u2icqv68lr35gc4re6kp70v78@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:08:54 +0200, "Ron de Bruin"
> <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote:
>
>>Hi Square Peg
>>
>>No this is not a option in Excel
>
> Pity. I thought I read somewhere that MSFT was bragging about the
> tight integration between Office apps. This looks pretty loose to me.
>
> I found 2 alternatives in 2007: (1) The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) and
> (2) Macros. Excel does have "commands", just like in Word, for use by
> VBA.
>
> To assign a command to the QAT, click on the QAT down arrow, select
> the desired command, click Add to add it to the QAT. Rearrange as
> desired. This has the advantage of being visible. It has the
> disadvantage of requiring the mouse. (This was a request for custom
> keyboard shortcuts.)
>
> To assign a command to a macro, use the macro recorder. When creating
> the macro, you will be given a chance to assign a keyboard shortcut,
> but only Ctrl or Ctlr+Shift. Alt cannot be assigned.
0
rondebruin (3790)
9/14/2008 6:25:39 PM
My annoyance is the inability to easily subscript & superscript characters. I
finally had to write a macro which prompts for placement within cell and then
superscripts or subscripts that character and add it to the quickbar (as
opposed to selecting the character and hitting ctrl-up or ctrl-down).
0
RV (15)
10/14/2008 4:16:02 PM
Was it as nice as John Walkenbach's addin:
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/superscript_subscript_formatting_add_in/

And excel really doesn't make a good word processor.

RV wrote:

> My annoyance is the inability to easily subscript & superscript characters. I
> finally had to write a macro which prompts for placement within cell and then
> superscripts or subscripts that character and add it to the quickbar (as
> opposed to selecting the character and hitting ctrl-up or ctrl-down).

--

Dave Peterson
0

His is really nifty though.

-rv

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Was it as nice as John Walkenbach's addin:
> http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/superscript_subscript_formatting_add_in/
>
> And excel really doesn't make a good word processor.
>
> RV wrote:
> >
> > My annoyance is the inability to easily subscript & superscript characters. I
> > finally had to write a macro which prompts for placement within cell and then
> > superscripts or subscripts that character and add it to the quickbar (as
> > opposed to selecting the character and hitting ctrl-up or ctrl-down).
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
RV (15)
10/14/2008 5:06:01 PM
I've been meaning to go through the macros he posted..should really get
around to it one of these days. His Excel 2007 VBA book has been immensely
useful.
0
RV (15)

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Temporary Keyboard lockup
Hello, As I'm typing I notice notice my keyboard will lock up. For example I may type the word "computer" & look at the screen & only see the little "c". The cursor will be locked up. After about 10 seconds the rest of the letters appear. I cleaned my keyboard but the problem still occurs. However, as I typed this message the problem didn't occur. It comes and goes. I can speed up the 10 second delay by clicking on another web page & then coming back to my message & the cursor will be blinking fine. john You have a program...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

customized views disappear
Every so often my customized views for various folders just disappear. I've created them by copying the current view and modifying the copy, but periodically my copies disappear from the View menu. It seems to pick on my Tasks views regularly, while other customized views (e.g. mail) are fine. This is an Outlook 2002 w/Exchange server environment. Any ideas? ...

Business Portal Customer Logon
Hello all, I just installed business portal for GP 2.5. I setup a login for a customer on it and associated the login to a customer ID in GP. When the customer logs in, there really isn't any customer information displayed. Does anyone have a resource to let me know how to add customer specific content from GP? Want to display items like payment history, contact info, etc. Thanks, Tareef Tareef, Look for this capability in business portal 3.0. 2.5 is not a customer/vendor facing solution, and even though the advanced roles exist, I do not believe it will work as of now. 3.0 shou...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

"Replace" keyboard shortcut
MS Word 2004 Re: Find/Replace, it is a quick, efficient keyboard process after highlighting a string to be copied to hold the Command key while pressing C, F then V. When I then want to enter the "replace" string, my hands have to leave the keyboard, go to the mouse and click the Replace tab before I can continue. I cannot find any reference that offers a keyboard short to drop down the Replace window. Is there one? Thank you. I'm not sure if there is a direct keyboard shortcut for the Replace command, but once you've brought up the Find dialogue, you can simpl...

Customization option disappears under settings
Sometimes when we are logged onto Web crm we can see the customizations button on the navigation pane under settings. Other times it has disappeared altogether and the only way to get it back is to delete the temporary internet files. Does anyone know of a permanent solution for this? I assume this is CRM4. Do you also have CRM Outlook client on this machine? I have found that the Customisations option is not always avaliable in the outlook client, and if you have opened outlook before opening the web, the option will not be in the web client. You can change this my editing the isv.c...

Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . . Thanks! You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any other application windows open. However, you might want to explore other more effective...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

Custom format macro?
Can I write a macro to format a number? I have a bunch of cells containing time intervals stored as floating point numbers in units of days. These are not dates, but are stored in the same format. Some examples: 1 1 day 2.5 2.5 days or 2 days, 12 hours 0.125 3 hours 0.020833 30 minutes and so on. These values are calculated. I would like to display them as nnn.n u where "nnn.n" is a floating point number formatted to 1 decimal place and "u" is a character indicating the units (Y=years, D=days, H=hours, M=minutes, S=seconds). The ...

xl97 Custom Built in Button greyed out
we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and published (not that that is the problem) But for some reason the built in button on the custom chart window is greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 and sr 2 applied. Am I missing something so obvious I'm going to smack my forehead.....again. John M wrote: > *we have the office 97 suite loaded on a citrix server and > published (not that that is the problem) But for some > reason the built in button on the custom chart window is > greyed out. The file XL8GALRY.XLS is there. I have sr1 > an...

Custom Themes
Vista Home Premium... Is there any way to create ones own theme for things such as the colour of added links bars to the desktop? I would like to have the links bar the same colour as the taskbar (black). TIA for any help. Ed On 2/19/10, Ed O'Brien posted: > Vista Home Premium... > Is there any way to create ones own theme for things such as the colour of > added links bars to the desktop? I would like to have the links bar the same > colour as the taskbar (black). > TIA for any help. > Ed Have you tried changing the colors etc to how ...

Activity Rollup from custom entity
I assumed that when a custom entity was created and then a Relationship created - eg. to Account, where Account is the parent, then the activities created under the custom entity would be visible directly under the Account - Like they are if you create acrivities under an Acocunt Contact for instance. This seems not to be the case. Can anyone confirm? ...

custom header #3
I would like to know how to set up a custom header which shows the data in a perticular cell (i.e. - C9 shows the number 100, so I want the header in all the pages,except the first, to show "100". Thank you One way is to use a macro. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim myHeaderStr As String Dim iCtr As Long myHeaderStr = Worksheets("sheet3").Range("C9").Value For iCtr = 2 To Worksheets.Count Worksheets(iCtr).PageSetup.LeftHeader = myHeaderStr Next iCtr End Sub (I used c9 on sheet...

Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?
Hi, I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared. The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain. Has anybody come across this issue before? Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig into the code in the custom form? The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM plugin. Thanks! Fin Known issue, dating back t...

Customizations 03-10-06
Hi, using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity, althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!! Thanks for your helpfull reply, SturE Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area for activities in user interface. You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge... "Sture Van de moortel" wrote: > Hi, > > using the "customization" in "Settings" ...

Shortcut key for centering Text
Hi, I'm a longtime Lotus 123, Word and Powerpoint user finally being forced to Excel. One of the very first things I tried to do in Excel was to center some text in a cell with a shortcut key. In every Microsoft application I've ever used(I think), I've been able to left align with (ctrl l), right align with (ctrl r) and center with (ctrl e). This works in Word and Powerpoint etc etc. But I can't get it to work in Excel. Surely there is a simple shortcut key to center text in excel, isn't there. I mean, this is such a basic thing. I don't want to have to grab my m...

Custom real time, time format check
Hello I have a custom form that has two time fields. How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM" or military time 19.00. If input does not match those two rules, pop a warning. This needs to happen as the user moves to another field way before trying to save the form. Any help would be appreciated! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com bearsgone wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 14:24 > Hello > > I have a custom form that has two time fields. > > How can I force users to enter time in those fields as "12:00 AM/PM&qu...

I want Combo box to be populated depending on customer category
When a customer number is entered on my form, the data populates the form, including the text box for the customer category. I want a combo box on that form to display only choices for that category. How do I modify the query that runs the row source for the combo box? Thanks, Sue On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:47:01 -0800, Sue R <SueR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The RowSource should be something like: select * from Choices where Category = Forms!myForm!myCategoryTextbox -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When a customer number is entered on my form, the data po...

Convert to Case
Hello, On one of our client's CRM systems, when we use "Convert to Case" from an activity, the customer field is blank, even if the email/phone call was already regarding to a client. On our development system, this field is already filled with the previous regarding account/contact, when we convert it, which saves some time. Did someone has this issue? I have System Administrator role on both systems, so privileges are not the problem. Thank you a lot for any help. Best Regards, -- Alexandra ...

Can RMS be customzied to accept customer 'trade in' merchandise?
Client runs an antique store. Can Dynamics RMS Accept an item in on trade and provide a credit to the store for the value of the item, then either cash or a credit (via a gift card) to the customer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsof...

custom pos button command
I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,shipping,payment,printer, clear customer, time clock. But I don't know the command for these. If anyone knows. can you help me? Thank you. Hi Nick - set custom button to INTERNAL COMMAND for time clock the syntax is ShowTimeClock for payout the syntax is PostPayout for clear customer the syntax is ClearCustomer the syntax must have the uppercase letters as shown. i don't think the others have variables you can use to set up custom buttons hope this helps "nick" wrote: > I wnat to make custom pos button for payout,ship...