custom header date formats

How can I set the date format on a custom header?  I know I can use
&[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display
in a specific format (ex:  MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY)

Thanks!

Ron

---

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use something like:
& TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy")
HTH   Otto

Otto Moehrbach wrote:
> *Use something like:
> & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy")
> HTH   Otto
> color] *

I tried that, and it works fine in a worksheet cell, but not on
header/footer... :confused

Ron
    I thought that would work but I found out, as you did, that it doesn't.
I hope someone will take pity on both of us and tell us how.  You might try
posting your question again in a different thread.  HTH   Otto
"Ron777 >" <<Ron777.1039ym@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Otto Moehrbach wrote:
> > *Use something like:
> > & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy")
> > HTH   Otto
> > color] *
>
> I tried that, and it works fine in a worksheet cell, but not on a
> header/footer... :confused:
>

> ---

Otto,

I believe it uses the regional setting date system, I believe a macro is the
only
way if you don't want to change that setting..

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = Format(Now, "d-mmm-yy")

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Otto Moehrbach" <ottomocobia97@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Ron
>     I thought that would work but I found out, as you did, that it
doesn't.
> I hope someone will take pity on both of us and tell us how.  You might
try
> posting your question again in a different thread.  HTH   Otto
> "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.1039ym@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Otto Moehrbach wrote:
> > > *Use something like:
> > > & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy")
> > > HTH   Otto
> > > color] *
> >
> > I tried that, and it works fine in a worksheet cell, but not on a
> > header/footer... :confused:
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
terre081 (3244)
1/17/2004 1:42:07 AM
Peo
    Thanks for the info.  Maybe the OP can use that to achieve what he
wants.   Otto