Custom Fit to Page

Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page?  What I mean by this
is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to
break the worksheet into 8 pages.  The pages are set to letter size.
However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other
pages fill out the page completely.  This is because each page has a
different amount of rows in it obviously.  I want to make it so each
page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and
bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has.  Hopefully what I'm
saying makes sense.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
elbarto
elbarto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35531

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I don't think you can do this if all pages are on the same spreadsheet.
If the pages were across different sheets, you could do it by setting
the fit to page property in the print dialogue.  This property works on
the entire sheet, not page to page.

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514

"elbarto" <elbarto.29krhb_1150595401.6399@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:elbarto.29krhb_1150595401.6399@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Does anyone know how to fit multiple pages to page?  What I mean by this
> is I have a worksheet that is 707 rows and I've set the page breaks to
> break the worksheet into 8 pages.  The pages are set to letter size.
> However, some pages have empty space at the top and bottom, and other
> pages fill out the page completely.  This is because each page has a
> different amount of rows in it obviously.  I want to make it so each
> page is "fit to page" where there is no empty space at the top and
> bottom, regardless of how many rows each page has.  Hopefully what I'm
> saying makes sense.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Go to View and then Page Break Preview.  You will see solid or dashed lines
where each page breaks.  Drag the solid lines up or down until they become a
dashed line.  This will be the most efficient page break for your document
and should adjust if you add or delete rows.
Lobo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0
lobo1191 (3)

How do you print 2-page per month calendar in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to print a pocket calendar in a 2-page per month format, so that the end result looks like a monthly appointment calendar. With using a Design Gallery calendar as a starting point, I cannot figure out how to split the table, even if I ungroup it from the text box that contains the name of the month. I haven't been able to locate a template from Microsoft that I can use. I would appreciate ideas on how to "make it happen." Thanks for your help! What size? Create a new publication using a calendar template, select the yearly option, ungroup, copy each month ...

printing group header on each page
Hi, I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first page of each group. There are multiple pages for each group. How can I get the group header to print on each page? Thanks, Steve Thanks, works like a charm. "Duane Hookom" wrote: > Set the Group Header's Repeat Section property to Yes. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > "Steve" wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have a report that is grouped and prints the group header on the first > > page of each group. There are multiple...

Newbe Question: Custom contacts forms
Hi, Does CRM have simple methods to integrate contact related data from other sources like SQL? I need to have a custom view of contacts where some of the additional contact's info would be coming from a SQL database. We would only be integrating the SQL info - just want to display and edit the info that is related tot hat contact alongside the contact info. Does CRM have simple mehtods to integrated data from other sources? Is there a way to customize the CRM's Contact Manager's view to do this? You could try creating a custom web page displaying your external ...

Synchronize Outlook 2003 to custom csv file
Hello I am wondering if there is a solution to sync Outlook 2003 data to a custom csv file. Data must be synchronized, not only be exported and imported. As a background information: We use a custom database application containing contacts, todos and addresses as part of an small ERP suite. Now we would like to sync those data with Outlook 2003. I suppose, most probably we have to export those data to a csv file and then synchronize to Outlook. The custom ERP suite is a custom made solution. Any help will kindly be appreciated, thanks a lot. Christian In what kind of database are you stori...

Avoiding Final page break
Can anyone please help? I have a report which has a group header and footer. I have the property for the group footer (which contains no objects) "Force new page" set to "Before Section". It however prints a final page (it is blank except for the page footer), which is what I want to avoid. Any ideas on how to avoid this? John B John Baker wrote: >Can anyone please help? > >I have a report which has a group header and footer. >I have the property for the group footer (which contains no objects) "Force >new page" set to "Before Secti...

Space Before a Paragraph at the Start of a page
Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before a paragraph at the top of a page? I would like a heading to have space above to separate it from the text. However, this space is unnecessary when the heading occurs at the start of a page and looks funny not starting at the top of the page. On Nov 28, 1:34=A0am, "faceman28...@yahoo.com" <faceman28...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to set up word such that it will not add space before > a paragraph at the top of a page? > > I would like a heading to have space above to separ...

Custom class exists to add, update, delete and select nodes in record style XML file???
I am considering writing a Class that Selects, Adds, Updates and Deletes Nodes in an XML File but do not what to reinvent the wheel. (See XML file below) That data format would emulate records in a Database Table with a Primary Key for each Record (see xml sample below) and a flat file structure. I would use a class to manipulate this type of data structure extensivly if I had one. Does anyone know of such an animal? Thanks In Advance Earl <?xml version="1.0"?> <ROOT NextPk="3"> <RECORD PkNum="1"> <NAME>Mark</NAME> <...

Word 2007 and customized "toolbars"?
Hello, I am new to Word 2007; however, I am experienced in Word 2003. As you know, in Word 2003, one was able to create a customized toolbar and assign it to a particular template or even Normal.dot. In this way, users of the template would be able to access the features of the customized toolbar. Now, I am at a loss. Is there any way to do what I've described above in Word 2007? (My operating system is Windows XP.) My goal is to create templates that are user-friendly for non-Word-experienced authors. Would appreciate any guidance. The customization options are...

Importing pages
If I have a one-page Publisher document, and I want to incorporate it into a second multi-page document, is there a way to just insert the one-page document, all intact, into the second document? Thanks TVZ Have you tried copy/paste? Insert a page in your primary document, copy/paste from the one page document. If you are using 2007 Ed Bennett has developed a tool. PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <tomvanzoeren@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Custom Data Markers
Is there a way to expand the Custom Data Merker selection list to include additional symbols and (hopefully) letters? Try this fun experiment: 1) Make a Line or XY chart using the conventional markers 2) Insert a picture (or piece of clip art) onto the worksheet and resize it to about 1/8 " 3) Select and copy the photo, click on the data series in the chart and use CTRL+V to paste. All the markers have been replaced by the picture When you ask about using Letters one wonders if you would be better with data labels. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people...

Using custom webservice in Callout
I'm developing callout for CRM 3.0. I'm doing this in VS2005 but I'm using callout template. I've added CRMService using WSDL - it works. But when I try to add custom webservice which is created in .NET2.0 there is an error in runtime "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index) ..." When I try this webservice directly from IE it works. Unfortunatelly I have not source of this webservi...

how do i remove the dead space around the pages edge? #2
long story short, im making a book out of my grandmother's old stories, but i can't get publisher to get rid of all that dead space around the edge of the page, now i know my printer can print right up to the page edge, because ive done it before with other programs, but i need to know how to set publisher so it stops cutting off the pictures and text. can anyone help me? Select extra paper sizes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051236671033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Lone Sai...

customize display hour... possible?
right now, outlook is displaying 24 hours, just wondering is possible to to customize the hours so that I can eliminate the hours that i spend is bed, and have only the working hours. That way I can a more detailed time scale. (from 30mins to 15mins) thanks You mean in the Calendar? Why not change you time scale and ignore the scrolling bar? You can change the highlighted hours by going to; Tools-> Options...-> button Calendar Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, Ho...

Print 16 entries per page with sub totals & totals
I have a list of say 100 entries that contain the following: Account# Name Amount I need to be able to print a subset of those entries with 16 entries per page with a sub-total on each page and a grand total at the end. Using autofilters I can select the subset of the data I want to print. Since the entries can change I'd rather not have to manually set up new fields to use the sub- total function since it would be prone to user errors whenever the information changes. I've currently got the data segregated on multiple worksheets with manual page breaks and manual su...

Customize budget reports
I have two checking accounts and I developed a budget for the combined spending and interest/dividend income of both accounts. However, when I run a budget report, the report only includes income from one account. How can I customize the report to include both accounts? ...

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

Custom Lists #6
I have a workbook that I have developed a set of custom list criteria. However, this list was created on the home computer (faster). I run the program mainly on the laptop. My question is: when the program gets moved over to the laptop is there an easy way (macro etc) to transfer the custom list over to the laptop at the same time? Thanks in advance -- Buddy Custom lists are stored in the Windows registry. There's information in the following MSKB article: XL2000: How To Share a Custom AutoFill List http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213796 BuddyB wrote: > I have a wo...

Word 2007
Hi everyone: I know my way around Word pretty well, but I am REALLY stuck on this one .. UGH .. lol I have a document, where I have "Chapter - Heading 1" set for each of the main headers so that these not only show in the Table of Contents, but also so that the page numbers have the chapter number included. (e.g., Chapter 1 - page 1-1) Problem is .... the chapter numbering, does not go sequentially with what I am trying to do .. (e.g., I must skip numbers here and there) 25 26 27 28 30 35 etc. I have figured out that by having the "Style" app...

this web site throwing blank pages
anyone else noting that this web site is throwing alot of unreachable web pages suddenly? Right now all my received email notifications of a reply ...the link on that email does not work to the reply.... Also alot of times during the sign-in it goes to nowhere.... -- NTC Yes, the sign-in always breaks/fails half way in and you need to reload to complete the process if using the Web interface. -- Daniel Pineault "NetworkTrade" wrote: > anyone else noting that this web site is throwing alot of unreachable web > pages suddenly? > > Right now all my receive...

Customizations 02-28-05
I would like to customize the Quick Create forms. Is this possible? Are these forms compiled code or XML? Hello, Todd, As far as I know quick create forms are simply generated from the list of a required fields of an object. for example, quick create form of the Contact object will consist of all required fields on the "full" form. Positioning of the fiels also depends on positioning on the "full" form. Renatas Lauzadis, TietoEnator Consulting, UAB, MCSD.NET "Todd" wrote: > I would like to customize the Quick Create forms. Is this possible? Are &...

Add a field to my Publisher Master Page so page titles show up?
I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles > automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? This is, unfortunately, not possible in Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

fax cover page wtih other fields from MS CRM 3.0 SBE
Can I include other fields in the cover page. Now you can use sender name Can I also use other fileds from the person table? MARC ...

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages?
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Dont' know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks It would be better to scan your documents, save to a folder and then insert them into Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jll" <Jll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8958527F-8384-4E77-BD5E-F864D97807DF@microsoft.com... > When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining > Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 a...

how do you repeat the first column (field) on a multi-page report
In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? If I understand you correctly there isn't a clear method. You can copy the leftmost controls and paste them just to the right of the vertical page break. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JJ" wrote: > In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first column of information > like you can do in Excel by simply choosing column to repeat???? JJ wrote: >In a multi-page report, how do you repeat the first co...

Align Page Header Text to Bottom
Is there a way to have the page headers in a report to align to the bottom instead of the top. Some of my names are longer than others so they wrap but I would like the vertical alignment to be at the bottom instead of the top. Arne, Usually... it's best to respond to previously posted questions... before starting a new one. On 2/14/2010 you posted the question "DLookup Different Values" Please see my response to that post, and let us know if that helped or not. Regarding this post, could you try to show a sample of what you're trying to do? ...