Cursor Movement Problem

Greetings,

I need for the user to be able to hit the enter key and
the cursor to jump to the next data entry cell (which is
not touching the entry cell where the cursor is now
sitting).  This is for a single sheet with 114 entry cells.

Can someone please show me how this is done or point me in the
right direction.

TIA

-Steve Moulton
0
excelreply (21)
1/12/2004 9:22:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Steve,

Go into the Visual Basic Environment (Alt-F11) and select your sheet in the
VBAProject window (if it isn't there, View - Project Explorer).  Open the
Properties window (View - Properties window), and set property
EnableSelection to xlUnlockedCells.
Now back in Excel (Alt-Tab), unlock the cells that you'll be using (Format,
Cells, Protection).  The rest will remain lockes (which they all were by
default).  Then protect the sheet (Tools, Protection).
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I need for the user to be able to hit the enter key and
> the cursor to jump to the next data entry cell (which is
> not touching the entry cell where the cursor is now
> sitting).  This is for a single sheet with 114 entry cells.
>
> Can someone please show me how this is done or point me in the
> right direction.
>
> TIA
>
> -Steve Moulton

0
nowhere1083 (630)
1/13/2004 3:47:18 AM
Hey Earl,

Thanks.  That answered the major part of the problem, there remains a
need for tweaking the solution a bit.  Is there anyway that I can
control the order in which the cursor moves instead of the default
order (right until end of row then beginning of the next row down,
within the unprotected range).  I have one large merged cell that
overlaps several rows and the cursor got stuck in a loop because of
it.

Having control of the tab order would solve these problems.

Any suggestions on refining this technique.

TIA

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:47:18 -0500, "Earl Kiosterud"
<nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Steve,
>
>Go into the Visual Basic Environment (Alt-F11) and select your sheet in the
>VBAProject window (if it isn't there, View - Project Explorer).  Open the
>Properties window (View - Properties window), and set property
>EnableSelection to xlUnlockedCells.
>Now back in Excel (Alt-Tab), unlock the cells that you'll be using (Format,
>Cells, Protection).  The rest will remain lockes (which they all were by
>default).  Then protect the sheet (Tools, Protection).

0
excelreply (21)
1/13/2004 11:32:31 PM
Steve,

You can't control the order of cell movement directly, unless you write a
macro using the Selection_Change event.

Try to avoid merged cells.  They're generally trouble, and it shows up later
when you don't realize that the merged cell is what's causing a problem.

--

> Hey Earl,
>
> Thanks.  That answered the major part of the problem, there remains a
> need for tweaking the solution a bit.  Is there anyway that I can
> control the order in which the cursor moves instead of the default
> order (right until end of row then beginning of the next row down,
> within the unprotected range).  I have one large merged cell that
> overlaps several rows and the cursor got stuck in a loop because of
> it.
>
> Having control of the tab order would solve these problems.
>
> Any suggestions on refining this technique.
>
> TIA
>
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:47:18 -0500, "Earl Kiosterud"
> <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >Steve,
> >
> >Go into the Visual Basic Environment (Alt-F11) and select your sheet in
the
> >VBAProject window (if it isn't there, View - Project Explorer).  Open the
> >Properties window (View - Properties window), and set property
> >EnableSelection to xlUnlockedCells.
> >Now back in Excel (Alt-Tab), unlock the cells that you'll be using
(Format,
> >Cells, Protection).  The rest will remain lockes (which they all were by
> >default).  Then protect the sheet (Tools, Protection).

0
nowhere1083 (630)

File compatability problems with Pocket Excel
I recently set up a client with an HP IPAQ PC5500 with pocket windows 2003. She had a number of spreadsheets that she wanted to use on the handheld which we copied across OK (using activesync, they were converted to ..PXL). However only about 3/4 of them would open. The ones that wouldn't simply gave an error box that said: "An error occurred while opening '<filename>'. They have no macros; they had been created in Excel 2000. All of the files in question are under 100k. I have also tried the following with no success: - copied the contents of each sheet to a new she...

Problem with Date Manipulation
Okay.. Im not a kid, 36, been working with excel for years & last year did up to intermediate courses in Access. However, that being said because you guys are very keen in here, so I dont want to sound stupid, whilst my understanding on alot of excel is generally on the layman terms! Heres my problem. Im making a simple spreadsheet. I have a widget that enters my facility on one date, it then exits another. I know by setting up EXIT - ENTER = DAYS I have my duration in the facility. BUT---> I dont want the weekends to count as days! Material arrives every weekday & exits the...

Problem installing client on machine with SQL Server installed
We have many client machines with sql server installed. When trying to install the client from the CRM 1.2 Client CD, it fails because of MSDE and instance problems. Why is this, and what is the typical workaround? We must have SQL Server installed. Why cant microsoft CRM recognize that SQL Server is allready installed and just use that ? Hello, I am running Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2003, CRM 1.2 for Outlook, and SQL Server 2000 Development edition on my workstation. The workstation is not a member of the domain. However the username and password for the sql account and the ...

CRM 4.0: Problem in running reports from Client computer...
Installing CRM 4.0 Professional Edition. CRM Server Box: CRM 4 Database Server Box: SQL 2005/SP2 + Reporting Services + SRS Data Connector Installation is alright and did not have any problem in that. Reporting Services reports runs ok from IIS Report runs okay when I run report from CRM within CRM Server. However Report do not run when I access CRM from another user computer and attempt to run report from CRM. Looks like a security issue. Can someone from this group put me to the right direction? Thanks a lot in anticipation. Oops! My mistake! It is CRM 4 Enterprise edition and not Profes...

Problem printing Word doc with links to other Word files: only 1st pages
Hi all, My word Doc contains links to other documents. With code visible it looks like: {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 1" "" \a \p } {LINK Word.Document.8 "Full file name 2" "" \a \p } etcetera If I view the master document or print it, only the first page of each linked document is visible/printed. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance Jan Objects linked via OLE cannot exceed a page. You can use INCLUDETEXT fields instead; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm. Note that if you are using Word ...

Calendering Problem
When a user sends a meeting request to somebody it automatically appears in their calender without them accepting it. Is there anyway this can be turned off so meetings appear only when they've been accepted? Thanks Amanda, It sounds like this perons's calendar as been setup as a resource. Have the meeting recipient go to Tools, Options, click Calendar Options the click Resource Scheduling. Have them make sure that those checkboxes have not been selected. "Amanda Harding" <amanda.harding@wulvernhousing.org.uk> wrote in message news:113d901c44182$ecbf4b10$a00...

MS CRM 3.0 Customer Case Problem
Dear CRM Experts, I have a problem with MS CRM 3.0: I want to create a web based form in our company website that customers create their Cases (tickets) by it and we (I and my Tech. staff) response to them (Ticketing system). It seems for security reasons we shouldn’t allow CRM browsing outside of our Internal Network (Intranet). Please help me how can present solution for this problem. Best Regards, Mohsen Ahmadi You have a couple of options. There are third-party apps that will let you integrate CRM with your website, but with 3.0 you would probably need to purchase the External C...

ADO syntax problem
Hi! I am using the following code to query access table. the code works fine. My problem is how to name the field name ([Cell]) as a string, in order to use this query as a dynamic query. I tried many things but nothing succeeded. Thanks for your help! Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset cnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\Eli\My Documents\ETV_Cells.mdb" rst.Open "SELECT * FROM CellTable ;", cnn, adOpenStatic rst.MoveFirst strCellCode = rst![Cell] ...

Entourage strange junk problem
Hi, My co-worker got some very strange problem with her Entourage IMAP account. 1. When she reply a certain mailadress (that is in her adressbook) it don�t move to "sent items" but to junk box. When she then mark it "this is not junk mail" it then moves to the inbox. 1. She have now turned off the junkmail protection totally in Entourage. But when i assign a mail to a category it turns into junkmail, but only for certain catergorys. Further on all mail from the one adress that making the trouble described above always change to "junk mail" when she a...

Problems concering contracts and cases
Hi, First problem: I have a problem with deleting contracts. I can only delete contracts with status "draft", is that correct? I cannot even delete "cancelled" contracts. second problem: I have tried to renew a contract with one contract line. Then I "invoiced" the contract, but the status of the contract line remains "Renewed" and therefore I cannot create any new cases on the contract line! Any help is appriciated ! Best Regards, Michael Randrup ...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

Still have problems sending mail
I have Exchange Server 2003 running on a Win2000 server. Everything has been going fine for the last year and a half. Within the last two weeks, there are about 4 or 5 domains that we cannot send mail to, one of those is cablerocket.com. I have done research on MS web site, I can telnet to cablerockets mail server, do nslookup and all that. But the emails just don't go through. They hang in the queue on my server with a message at the bottom that says "An SMTP protocal error occurred". I've been working off and on this for about two weeks and have come up with nothing...

Recalculating problem.
I created a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 to track fat, carb, and protein calories from various foods, then add them up. For a while, it would change the total at the bottom of each column automatically. Then it stopped. Each column now has to be recalculateds manually (by re-entering the formula) every time I enter new data. Also, when I copy the formula, the cell window shows the revised formula, but the total at the bottom is the absolute value of the cell I was copying from--in other words, suppose the formula for n36 is =sum(n1:n35) and the total is 235. If I copy it to column p, the f...

Save Link Problem
Hi I run Windows 2000 & Excell 2000 with service pack 3. I have an autoshape button that I have added a hyperlink to which opens a html file on a server. When I add the hyperlink and press the autoshape it takes me to the file ok. I can do this as many times as I like and it works ok. The problem arises after I save the spreadsheet. As soon as I save the spreadsheet the hyperlink no longer works. I get the error message "The address of this site is not valid, Check the address and try again". To add some more mystery to this, I emailed the file to a friend and he inserte...

SendObject problems
It has come to my attention that my Access 2000 applications can not send an email with SendObject when the user is running Outlook as administrator in Vista or above. Does anyone have a work around for this? My company has many computers that use these applications and we are gradually upgrading to Windows 7. I have not seen that issue because I do not work with that particular combination of OS & Access. However, I recently replaced some of my SendObject code with Outlook automation code instead (so I could send attachments), with very good results. It might be worth te...

macro protection problem
What is the preferred method to deal with macro protection? I have just updated all the machines to office2k3 and now a critical worksheet that uses benign macros doesn't run because of the protection. Bringing security to "low" allows it to run but each user has to set that themselves. I have heard about creating a local CA for trusting the macro and I am interested in that but isn't there an easier way? Setting security to low is very unwise. Stupid even, in a company. All methods involve making changes on each machine unless you have Group Policies set up (which...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

Problem with the TRIM command
I have four fields (First_Name, MI, Last_Name, Suffix) that I am trying to trim so that they will appear without spaces on a report. When I do a combined string (=RTrim([First_Name])+" "+[MI]+" "+Trim([Last_Name])+" "+[Suffix]) I run into problems when any one of the fields is blank. Nothing will print. As long as all four fields contain data it will print. Problem is that only a few records have data in all four fields. When I separate out the fields into four separate controls on the report, I cant get the TRIM function to work and there are spac...

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly #2
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outloo XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), th attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the sam result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook X installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment thi morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the sam email 78 tim...

Page Breaks Problem ( Emergency , Gurus.. PleaseHelp)
Can any body help me immediately. Please understand the snario. I am setting the page breaks on my excel sheet. that i had generated b executing code from Visual Basic. When i first time generate the exce sheet the code used to set the page breaks executes right. but when second time execute the code. the code to set the page breaks, Fails. Below is given the code that i am using to set the page breaks. Plese help .. wrkSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(Row, 1) wrkSheet.VPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(1, CmbMaxColumns+1) Follwing is the error that s show when i execute the code s...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

NEW LAPTOPS & LCD's CAN HAVE A BAD REFLECTION PROBLEM
Since a couple years ago, there're 2 types of LCD coatings. Many new consumer laptops come with "BriteView" (also known as "Glossy") which makes them look STUNNING shiny - an eye candy as long as you see it in a store. But when you use for professional purposes you'll find reflections can offset the benefit of "BriteView's "looking cool" The traditional coating until "BriteView" was forced upon us, was "Antiglare" (also known as "Matte"), the good news they both co-exist. Which oen you prefer is a matt...

OWA login problem #3
Initialy there was an error ASP 0115 Errors in IIS This what I 've done ; Click Start, point to Programs, click Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack, click Microsoft Internet Information Server, and then click Internet Service Manager. Expand Internet Information Server. Right-click the computer name, and then click Properties. In the Master Properties drop-down list box, click WWW Service, and then click Edit. Click the Home Directory tab, and then click Configuration. On the Process Options tab, click to clear the Enable Debug Exception Catching check box. Click OK to close the Application C...

HLOOKUP problem...
I'm having a problem getting HLOOKUP to work where my data is on another sheet and the table array comes before the lookup value. For instance, on sheet2 I have a list of names in column G and money amounts in column F. So on sheet1 I coded: =HLOOKUP(Sheet2!"Bob Smith",F12:F20,1,FALSE). I Want to get the money amount from column F that corresponds with Bob Smith in Column G but it's not working. I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks. silas Try this: A1 = Bob Smith =INDEX(Sheet2!F$12:F$20,MATCH(A1,Sheet2!G$12:G$20,0)) Or, if you want to hardcode it into the f...

New user/GAL problem
Hi- We are running a new installation of Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. All of our users were successfully setup to use Outlook 2003 (running in cached mode). Now we haved added a new user, but when I went to add them using ADU&C (on exchange server) the user was added but the mailbox and email account was not created. Checked RUS and added a local domain as there was only an Enterprise one listed (per other posts here). Updated the RUS. This added the user mailbox and generated email address. However, I cannot setup user to access mailbox through Outlook as th...