Currency Settings

I have created a report using VBA and Excel OLAP cube. Some of the
metrics on the report are currency numbers and are to be reported in
USD so I have formatted them accordingly using format ( e.g. "$
#,##0.00"). Some of the users in Germany who use decimal (.) as
separator between numbers are not able to see the format correctly. I
hope they use comma in place of decimal and decimal in place of
commas
as we normally do. Also other users in Europe see Pound or Euro sign
instead of dollar. My report is being used in many geographies and I
have to use $ which every body should be able to see.

Any suggestions?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The book "Excel 2002 VBA"  by Stephen Bullen et. al. has a chapter called
International Issues. I expect their newer books also have this.
Hope this is of some help to you
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shailesh" <shailesh.tewari@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have created a report using VBA and Excel OLAP cube. Some of the
> metrics on the report are currency numbers and are to be reported in
> USD so I have formatted them accordingly using format ( e.g. "$
> #,##0.00"). Some of the users in Germany who use decimal (.) as
> separator between numbers are not able to see the format correctly. I
> hope they use comma in place of decimal and decimal in place of
> commas
> as we normally do. Also other users in Europe see Pound or Euro sign
> instead of dollar. My report is being used in many geographies and I
> have to use $ which every body should be able to see.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Copy a currency value from one control to another
I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control (called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to do this? If it's the same calculated value, just use the same expression. Generally, don't store calculated values. Just perform the calculation as needed. If you need more help with this, describ...

Great Plains should allow setting an inactivity timeout
When anyone logged into Great Plains has been inactive for a prespecified period (e.g. 30 minutes) they should be automatically logged out of the application. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

How do I set up a Startup Form with Access 2007 ?
Hi When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is going to be used for a menu. Please let me know. Thanks Mark Create a macro named Autoexec. Have action open your form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mthornblad@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi > > When I open a database, I want a certain form to start. This form is > going to be used for a menu. > > Please let me know. > > Thanks > Mark > > On Aug 13, 5:24 pm, kasab <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Alternatively, click the Office button ...

Change permanantly default chart settings like colour, font..
I use excel to plot graphs for class quite often, and these graphs have to adhere to some criteria like having a white plot area, small crosses for datapoints, etc.. So far, when I plot graphs, Excel will use its default dark grey plot area and big diamond datapoints and Arial bolded font for axis labels, and I will have to change the settings manually.. I was wondering if there is any way of telling Excel to automatically generate a plot with the white background and all that other stuff? changing 30 sets of parameters a week is really getting on my nerves.. :P thanks in advance for...

id() node-set function does not work in .NET 1.1 XML Classes
The id() nodeset XPath function does not appear to work when used with XPathDocument and XslTransformation dot net classes. I am trying to make use of IDREFs in XML that link elements to other elements in the document. The code below demonstrates the problem. I SHOULD be getting a line that says "NODES MATCH". Instead I get a "NO NODES MATCH". All the of the W3C stuff I have found says that this should work. Any ideas? robert sutton ==== HERE IS THE OUTPUT This is element Foo! name is bar ID is idfoo --------------------------- Found reference element, it refers to idfo...

Organization currency has not been defined
Anyone know how to fix this warning message at the top of the contact form? "Organization currency has not been defined. Please contact your system administrator." On Jul 25, 6:34 pm, eharvie <ehar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone know how to fix this warning message at the top of the contact form? > > "Organization currency has not been defined. Please contact your system > administrator." Setting > Org Settings > Systems Settings, Gen Tab Yeah, what's weird is those currency settings are already set. Do you know why I'...

set a value to another cell
how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? is it possible? A cell formula can get, but only a macro can set. Some exceptions (manually): Scenarios, Goal Seek, Subtotals, Text to Columns and Advanced Filter, none of which is applicable to your situation. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <whoknows@microsft.com> wrote in message news:%23kjDDZRoIHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how to set(not get) a cell value to another cell? > is it pos...

2 Data Sets on Pie Chart
I would like to show our brand shares AND the share change vs. previous year in a pie chart. I can show the percentage (share), but I haven't been able to add the share pt change to each piece of pie. I tried using secondary axis on the pie chart, but it charted the changes instead of associating it with the share axis. I'm using Excel 2002. Currently, I'm linking text boxes to the share point change for each of the 5-10 brands, but that's getting really messy, and I have to manually move the text boxes every month. Can this be done? Any help is appreciated. Hi Pa...

How do I set the printer margins in Publisher?
I'm trying to print a brochure, but I'm having trouble with the left margin. In the design view I can set the margins and layout the graphics and text exactly as I want. But in the print preview, or actually printing, there is about a 3/4" margin on the left. (No problems with the right, top or bottom margins: they are about 1/4" each.) Please do not tell me this is a printer limitation. This problem does NOT occur in Word, Excel or PowerPoint--only in Publisher! (By the way, why doesn't Publisher have the nice drag-n-drop margins that Word and Excel have?) I am no...

DisplayAlerts and ScreenUpdate will not set to False
In Excel using VBA code Application.DisplayAlerts = False or Application.ScreenUpdating = False. I F8 step thru the code and watch the value of DisplayAlerts. It never reads False. Seems like it worked yesterday? Is there any setting that would stop this from working? Joe More info. I had been looking at DisplayAlerts as I stepped thru the code by placing the mouse curser over the word DisplayAlerts and always said "True". I just used temp = application.DisplayAlerts and debug.print temp and that reads out "False"? So new question. Why? "Joe at Baso&qu...

Set control AfterUpdate event to procedure in another module
Hi, i know i can set a controls AfterUpdate event to a user defined procedure if it is in the same module as the code, however is it possible to set it to a procedure in a different module? i.e. By setting in the OnFormLoad() event: cbo.AfterUpdate = "=Module1.Translate()" I cant get it to work, it just says "the expression you entered has a function name that microsoft office access cannot find". The Translate procedure is public. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris If Module1 is a standard module (not a class module, and not the module of a form...

Setting Up Report
I am having a difficult time figuring this one out! I have a query that is pulling the fields that I need in a report. The fields are: BA Complexity Code NumberOfWorkDaysToCode/Key ES MCK 7 ES LCK 1 ES HCK 7 ES HCK 7 I need my report to look something like this: Number of Days To Code/Key HCK LCK MCK 1 Day 1 2...

How to set up windows email
Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. thank you "hannah" <jjeremiah_2911@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eaZI3iXKLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. > thank you I see that you posted here with a Yahoo address. Is this a free US based Yahoo address? If so it will not allow POP3 access, so it will not set up in WM. You need to purchase a Yahoo Plus account, see, http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview And use the settings des...

Creation of Sample Data set
Hi all, We are trying to create a Sample Data Set, that can be imported into crm using the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe in the same way the Cycleworks data is imported. Is it possible to export an existing CRM deployment data into that format? Does anybody come across any documentation about this subject? Absolutely any clue will be much appreciated, as I didn't find anything on the matter. Thanks Yossi Almog Dynamics Israel There is no option to modify the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.SampleDataWizard.exe Few options: 1. Use Redeployment to bring all the data from "...

Excel not using regional settings
Hi - I have set my regional settings to use brackets (23) for negative numbers. I've set both the number and currency formats to use brackets for negative number. WHen starting Excel, using a new blank workbook, negative numbers entered into a cell do NOT show with brackets? My language is set to English (US) and I've adjusted the formats to use brackets for negative numbers and I've copied to reservered accounts. I also want the date to default to the short date format I've set for the language but it too is not working. Excel will not use the default formats I...

Any way to Export/Import Exchange settings?
Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery Connector Settings. This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:22:00 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: >Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) >Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery >Connector Settings. > >This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You Sure. Exchange Be...

Excel Personal settings/macros
I am using Excel 2003. I just ordered a new computer and would like to be able to transfer the file/s that contain my personal settings(toolbar set ups for example)/macros/whatever else to the new machine. Is this possible? What files do I need to copy and transfer and where do I find them. Please don't tell me I can't do this. <G> TIA Bill Saved from a previous post: I have a short list of things to copy/update when we change pc's at work. It's not complete, but may help you. Word/Excel files: FileName Use custom.dic personal dictionary *.acl p...

Subform Setting
Hi I would like to know how to cause that the subform can not be on focus? I would like to know how to shrink and grow automatically? Thanks Chipcom, To prevent access to the subform, set the Enabled property of the subform to No. As for shrinking and growing, I assume you mean a continuous view subform whose height is adjusted according to the number of records. Is that right? If so, you would need to write some VBA code to change the height of the subform control, to a value that is calculated by multiplying the number of records by the height of the Detail section of the subfo...

Character set not supported??
Dear all, Our email server is EX5.5. I found that some inbound emails contain the following text and its original email (header + body) is putted into a plain text file "message.txt". Why?? How can I fix it? Thank you very much, Keith <Start Quote> This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> <...

Retrieving Windows' color settings
How do I retrieve Windows' color settings? For example, the default Windows Text is black and background is white. How do I retrieve the color (RGB values) for the Windows background? Have a look at GetSysColor API Victor "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811FC86C-4703-433E-B529-A180F46CED79@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve Windows' color settings? > For example, the default Windows Text is black and background is white. > > How do I retrieve the color (RGB values) for the Windows background? use SystemPa...

Comparing data sets with +/-1 tolerance using conditional formatin
Please help! This has been puzzling me for hours!! I am using conditional formating to compare one data set with another to see if there are any discrepancies, using green cells for the same and red cells for different data. However, one set of data is rounded to the whole number, but the other set is to 2 decimal places (and has to remain that way). Therefore I need my conditional formating to compare the two data sets, but with a tolerance of plus or minus 1.00. How do I create this formula using conditional formating? CF/ Formula is: =ABS(A1-B1)<=1 -- David Biddulph ...

Messages sent only to me in blue setting not working
For some reason this setting no longer works after we moved to new PCs at our company. Strange because it works for some memebers of our group and not others. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We have absolutely no idea what you are talking about: Please provide: Version of Office/Outlook Where this "mail sent to me" setting? Is this done via a rule? Have you checked your settings against those of people where it does work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all...

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates
Hello, Why have the foreign exchange rates not been updated online smc server for MSMoney? This has been about a month now. tia ...

Userform button setting variable from formula
I have a userform that contains windows media player. I want to set CommandButton4 to take the value of the formula in cell A2 of the active sheet and set it as the value of variable named 'inset'. I'm finding the VBA code on this much harder to write than I thought it would be. Any ideas please, anyone? Hi Teepee I am a bit confused by your request but I think that it as simple as: Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() inset = Range("A2").Value MsgBox ("The value of cell A2 is: " & inset) End Sub Regards Shau -- Shaun -----------------------------...