CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0

When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone
opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes
appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears
unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have
made some sort of mistake.

I have already thought of generating using
=DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea.

How can I change the default format so that it would be something more
sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the
column header(s) and manually formatting?

I have googled, I have searched my registry and regional settings. Nothing
that I could find helped at all.

Please see the attachment for a demonstration.

Thanks,
Chris Pankhurst

begin 666 MillisecondsProvlem.csv
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I;W<@8V%N($D@8VAA;F=E('1H92!D969A=6QT(&9O<FUA='1I;F<_#0H`
`
end

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

strange format change
Hi Folks! Here's a strange one for ya! I have a range of numbers formatted as Custom 000. Any cell in that range that has a number with the leading zero, the format gets changed from Custom 000 to Special Chinese(Taiwan)with the Chinese figures however, it still displays as 000. Here is a screencap of the format dialogue box: http://img28.exs.cx/img28/6706/Format.jpg Can anyone explain why this happens? Thanks Biff Hi Biff Not too sure but uncheck Chinese in the Office language settings HTH Cordially Pascal "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> a �crit dans le messag...

Display 0's in Accounting format
I use the Accounting format to align numbers and dollar signs. How can I make zero display as the number rather than a dash? -- - markvi _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* 0.00_);_(@_) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "markvi" <markvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B30CFB4-7CAE-419B-88F2-73A80DB42C6B@microsoft.com... > I use the Accounting format to align numbers and dollar signs. How can I make > zero display as the number rather than a dash? > -- > - markvi Use this Custom Number Format: _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* 0??_);_(@_) T...

Receiving Error when logging into FRX after 9.0 Upgrade
We just upgraded from GP 7.5 to 9.0 this weekend. When trying to login to FRX, after the Upgrade we are receving the following error: FRx32.OFSIMain.CheckOFSIConnection 8900: FRx is unable to open a connection to the general ledger database because the login or password is incorrect. Verify your login and password, and then try again. I have checked the FRX ODBC connection and it is successful. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! We ran across a similar issue during out v9 upgrade. This may be related. I discovered that some of the company names changed during the upgrade and ...

Re-Format a Word Document
Hello! I have a huge word document, 150 pages +, that is formatted only 9cms wide by approx 14cms high. The print appears to be justified. The document has 15 chapters, headings, sub headings etc. I want to reformat the document to an A4 size page and I am having difficulties… I copied and pasted just chapter 1 to a new document, cleared the formatting and set new margins headers footers… The main problem is that I have to delete “Enters” (apologies if this is not the right expression!) at the end of every single line as they appear in the centre of sentences. Also p...

Receipt Formats
Got me another puzzle I cannot figure out. I bet someone out there has a solution. I want my 40 column receipts to have customer phone #s and to not print "ship to". I can get it to do one or the other, but not both at the same time. Anyone know how I can get my cake and eat it too? You all are great. Microsoft certainly pulled a coup here-- getting you folks to make up for their lack of clarity and documentation. Thanks again Gary >-----Original Message----- >Gary, > >Find one attached. > >-- >* >"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Protect conditonal formatting
How do I keep someone (including myself) from pasting contents to a cell that, in turn, erases its conditional formatting setup? Thanks! ...

Exporting resources in Visual Studio 6.0
Hi. I'm going to rebuild an Dialog based VC++ project into another. I would like to export and import some dialog resources between the two projects. Any idea how to do that except for cut and past in the .rc file manually. "Anders Pettersson" <anders.pettersson@ceco.se> wrote in message news:uQ3fyJw9EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi. > I'm going to rebuild an Dialog based VC++ project into another. I would > like to export and import some dialog resources between the two projects. > Any idea how to do that except for cut and past in the .rc fil...

Folders not set to AutoArchive default.
All the Outlook folders on my system are set to "Do not archive items in this folder". Since I have hundreds of folders it is a tedious process going to each folder and changing the AutoArchive setting to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings". Is there a way to set all the folders to "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" without having to do each one separately? Also, is there a way to set up Outlook so all new folders are created with the AutoArchive set to "Archive items in this folder using the default sett...

Convert VC++ 7.0 project to VC 6.0 project
Hi, I developed an test application in VS 2002. Because another used wizard to build an specific component was not able to work with this Version, I deinstalled the VS and installet the VS for VC++ 6.0. After a while I would test the component, so I would have to employ an test application. I had allready this application but in the wrong version. So I created a new dialogbased mfc application and copied the existing code to the new. I can compile the project but the linker can't find a used function and I don't know where to fix the problem. compiler message: Deleting intermediate f...

CRM 3.0 Development Environment
I am trying to create a Virtual PC development environment for CRM 3.0. I've seen all the posts about the CRM Virtual PC Demo and I was wondering if it would be a good starting place for me. Has anyone else tried to setup an development environment like this? Thanks. Jonathan The last VPC image I got from MS was a very nice dev environment as it already had VS.NET installed on it. Worked great. I think it had a one-year time bomb on it though. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jonathan Freeman" wrote: > I am trying to create a Virtual PC developmen...

Can't connect with Report Builder 3.0
I can't connect to local reporting service on SQL Express 2008 (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (RTM) - 10.0.1600.22) with ReportBuilder 3. Works fine with version 2. Am I missing something? Pete...

Conditional formatting in Excel #2
Hi, Hope you can help. I have created a formula to fill a cell with colour based on the user input. Eg. If cell= "R" then colour cell Red; if cell = "A" then colour cell Gold; If cell = "G" then colour cell Green I hope to copy that for the whole spreadsheet, however, when I tried to copy the format to my other cells it only took the format of the original cell. Is there a way to solve this? Regards, Mary. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200606/1 Just select the range you want to format...

IE 7 Won't Export a .csv File...
I access a website that gives me the option to export a report to a csv file. Clicking on the link brings up a dialog box asking me to confirm my choice of using excel - I click OK and, the box goes away and the request just dies - excel does not launch. I have disabled pop up blocking so that should not be an issue. This always worked in FireFox 2 and never in in IE7. It does not work in Firefox 3. Any ideas? Thanks, Lou ...

Message display format
I've noticed that sometimes messages appear in my inbox with a format that causes the cursor to appear as a little "hand" instead of the normal cursor, and I am unable to highlight and copy sections of the message. I don't know why this happens or if I am able to change the format of the message. For example, if it contained a website url and I wanted to copy and paste it, I'm unable to copy it because the little "hand" won't change to allow highlighting. Where can I get info on what this is, how to work with it, etc.???? THanks in advance....

Any BP 3.0 gurus out there?
I'm looking for a way to handle multiple "projects" in BP. I'm looking at using individual Portal Pages for each project, I will be putting a document library(engineering drawings and other specifications), a task list, vendor and customer information as well as regular employees - basically the folks with a stake in the project, but not so much on the financial side (not with both vendors and customers seeing it after all) So my questions: 1> Is there a better approach? 2> Is there a way to create a list of projects that will be user specific so I can hang the...

Setting the default properties for cells in all new spreadsheets
How can I set the default properties of spreadsheet cells (e.g.- always vertically centred, word wrap, Aerial 10point) so that the cells in all new spreadsheets are created with these attributes? The basic answer is to save the workbook as Sheet.xlt and Book.xlt (or Sheet.xltx and Book.xltx in Excel 2007) in the XLSTART folder. More details at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010548151033.aspx This is for Excel2000 but the ideas are the same fro all versions best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Bon Bon" <Bo...

2007
Is there a setting that will default my SaveAs to the 2003 version? Ed Office menu, Excel Options, Save group. -- Jim "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofwhat@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f70b9d09-f5e0-4c1f-ad9e-571bf133e4d4@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Is there a setting that will default my SaveAs to the 2003 version? > > Ed ...

Pivot Table ... DIV/0 ... Error
Excel 2000 ... I have an inserted calculated Field in my Pivot Table ... Issue is, many of the cells in this Field are returning "DIV/0" error. Above said ... How do I setup Pivot Table to prevent this??? Note: BLANKS would be fine ... Thanks ... Kha Kha.. You probably need to change the formula in the calculated item to account for zeros. Suppose you have a calculated item with the formula "(y-x)/x" to calculate a variance. If any of the "x" data items have a zero this will return Div/0 errors. To get round it, use the formula "if(x=0,0,(y-x)/x)&q...

text format? Not Really!
Why, when I make an entry into a form field bound to a table source that is Tex format, does it automatically calculate what I entered? I need to enter driver's licence numbers, and here, they have dashes in them, but instead of "1100-100", it will store "1000", calculating the first number *minus* the second number. I don't think I can use an input mask, because the numbers vary in size. Hi, I have made a new table with a text field, I type in 1100-100 and it stays as 1100-100. I can close the form and open it again and it is still showing 1100-100 Jeanet...

Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

Sales missing after upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
I did the upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. No errors occured, but when I load CRM 3.0 I don't have SALES Module anymore. I need some help ! if you are logged on as an admin go to your user record and make sure the restricted access mode checkbox is unchecked ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C187766-A4D6-4A57-B4E9-6FFE99D64AF0@microsoft.com... >I did the upgrade from CRM 1.2 to 3.0. No errors occured, but when I load >CRM > 3.0 I...

pre-formatted sheet:
How do I get two columns to act like columns in word? I want two columns to go the next two, then the next, etc for the page size of 8.5 x 11. I have a worksheet that was sent to me and it's 28 pages long, but I'd like to have one page. I've probably confused you all, but I don't know how else to ask. A "page" can be many different sizes depending upon margins so difficult to say how many rows to a "page" What is the actual range of data? A1:B??? I take it you want to move data in columns A and B into several columns. How do you want this data move...

DATE FORMAT IN OUTLOOK
Does anyone know a way to get Outlook to display the day of the year w/in the Calendar function? IE, Jan 1 would be 001, Jan 2 would be 002, etc? If the answer is a plugin or addon, that's fine. Thanks in advance, Chuck ...

Transfer from Outlook express 6.0 to Outlook 2002
Hello, Please inform if its possible to transfer information (adress book and email) of the outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002 Thanks in advance. Pedro Margarido From Outlook: File > Import and Export... Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pedro Margarido" <pmargarido@weidmuller.pt> wrote in message news:02ff01c3c87f$9c935950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Please inform if its possible to transfer information > (adress book and email) of the outlook expresses 6.0 to > Outlook 2002 > > Thanks in advance. > > Pedr...

Charting from a csv. file
I need some help trying to figure out a way to do a chart from a file that saves as csv. See a program saves measurements as a comma-delimited file and I would like to pull the data, date and time from the file and chart it how can I do this? Open the file in Excel, save it as a regular Excel workbook, and make your chart in the workbook. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Brandon" <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D8E0CC6-07F4-46E4-9D2C-B78E38F4A252@micros...