Creating and pasting using VB

I need to create an email and paste some data already selected in excel
into the body.  I have just started to attempt this so if I need to add
mapi or anything like that please let me know.  Any help would be very
helpful....

Thanks,

Matt

0
mewilh0 (8)
4/22/2006 12:15:59 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you copy straight from an Excel sheet to an email, you will be pasting an
object and that can be a nuisance, particularly if you need to edit the
contents before sending it.  I simply paste it to Word first, then copy it
from Word into the email.  This may not suit your needs though.  HTH   Otto
<mewilh0@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to create an email and paste some data already selected in excel
> into the body.  I have just started to attempt this so if I need to add
> mapi or anything like that please let me know.  Any help would be very
> helpful....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

0
ottokmnop (389)
4/22/2006 4:43:14 PM
Thanks for the quick response but I should not have to edit the object
once it is in the email.  Any ideas on how to create an email and paste
an object from excel into the body?

0
mewilh0 (8)
4/23/2006 3:17:42 AM
I have done it many times with just copy/paste.  But I was copying cells
only.  Otto
"Matt" <mewilh0@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the quick response but I should not have to edit the object
> once it is in the email.  Any ideas on how to create an email and paste
> an object from excel into the body?

0
ottokmnop (389)
4/23/2006 10:45:15 PM
i just have a selection of cells (i.e. a1:f28) but i can't find the
code to create an email and paste the selected data into the body....
if you could help that would be great

0
mewilh0 (8)
4/24/2006 1:08:28 AM
Matt
    I must be misunderstanding you and what you want to do.  I just created
a new email to myself,  I opened an Excel file.  I copied a group of cells.
I went to the email message and pasted into the body of the message.  I then
sent the message.
    I received the message and there was the group of cells.   HTH   Otto
>i just have a selection of cells (i.e. a1:f28) but i can't find the
> code to create an email and paste the selected data into the body....
> if you could help that would be great

0
ottokmnop (389)
4/24/2006 2:01:52 PM
The missing part of this question is what email program?  Assuming
outlook, then it will be possible to do it - in essence, you would
create a new mail item, then set the body to be the range you want.

I apologize.  Yes, I am using outlook but everytime I try to create a
new email using vb i get errors.  Do I need to include references to
another library or something?

0
mewilh0 (8)
4/24/2006 5:27:15 PM
My email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net - if you email me we can perhaps
take this offline, but it can be done (the outlook model is a pain to
program, but it's do-able!)

Just in case the email doesn't arrive, this is to alert you to the fact
that I've replied via email (!)

Want use results of Drop down list to look up a value
I am using Excel 2002 and I have a multisheet workbook and on the first sheet I have created a series of 6 drop down lists pulling from predefined named ranges. I also have limited subsequent choices based on what is selected in the other lists. The end result is the user will be selecting parameters that identify a product and now I am stuck with an easy way to look up the associated part number based on the parameters they selected. Essentially, once they have chosen the parameters in the list, I would like to create a macro that uses those values to locate the associated part...

Paste links, changed filename
I have created 3 exel 97 Files. Each File has approx 30 sheets. One of them is a source file. The other 2 use file1 data using paste link(paste special). At some stage I have changed the names of the files and now when I open them it asks the usual question " do you want to update linked information", Iclick "yes" ~ then the computer wants me to select the source file. Before, it just started straight into the file I wanted ~ how can i resolve this( with as little effort as possible)? Try hitting no, then do Edit / Links / Change Source, save the workbook and hopef...

How to used HOOK in OutLook Express
Hello All : I want to use hook control .When outlook express received new mail and remove the new eamil to myself mailbox . PS:Use C++ or HOOK .(not outlook express rule) Thanks Stiwin Lee ...

Using the "IF" function?
I setup a worksheet like below A B 1 Jan 123 2 Feb 543 3 Mar 654 4 Apr 456 5 May 645 6 Jun 543 7 Jul 0 8 Aug 0 9 Sep 0 10 Oct 0 11 Nov 0 12 Dec 0 13 When the end of the month, the user will enter some value in the B column, And now I would to setup a formula at A13, if the user enter the value in the B7, then the A13 will show Jul, when the user carry on to enter the value in the B8, then the A13 will change to show Aug, is it possible to setup a if formula or other formula rather than use the macro to doing this? Many Thanks. Ruff Try this: =INDEX...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Bluetooth: After pair without using a code, CreateFile asks for co
I am trying to use a Bluetooth device in Vista Home Premium. The device does not have a pairing code or any way to enter one. I use "Add Wireless device" in the Bluetooth Devices control panel. My device is found and I choose "pair without using a code". The device pairs OK and its properties show under Services, Serial port ( SPP) 'AT Serial' COM4 But when I call CreateFile to open COM4, Vista shows a "click here" box informing me that a device is trying to connect. When I click the box, I get a dialog asking for the pairing code. How ca...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

Copy / Paste of Floorplan shapes in Visio Automation problems
Hi All I am working on a .Net (FW1.1) application that has a hosted Visio drawing control. Copy and paste from most existing Visio drawings to this hosted control works fine. The exception to this rule is Visio floorplans, where copying and pasting of most shapes is OK, but walls go totally screwed up (all over the screen, nothing like their original shape, etc). Our client needs to be able to copy and paste the floorplans into this container control without the walls breaking; they have a large investment already made i.t.o. existing floorplans. Page scaling and size is the same as the exi...

how to create escalation form
How do I create escalation form. Abe wrote: > How do I create escalation form. Since you're the only one here who knows what you're escalating, to whom, in what way and for what reason, you are the only one who can tell what the form should look like. In general, you should create a Word template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm If the form needs to have text that doesn't change, and places to enter text that does change, then you should create it as a form template: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.h...

Can an item you have purchased in the past become a BOM?
We are currently purchasing an item from a vendor (PO history, order history etc) that we are planning on manufacturing ourselves in the next month. I've been tasked to see if there will be any issues with using the same part number we currently ORDER from a vendor to change it into a BOM in the future. I've tested this out in our test company and cannot find any reason why we cannot use the same part number - we simply would not be able to ORDER that part any longer from anyone. Has anyone else ever gone through this process before? any issues? OR is it better to give this i...

Override Paste menu in CEdit
How do I override the Paste command in a CEdit control? Basically I want to look at the clipboard and if it is a certain format, paste it in a special way, otherwise I just want to call the normal paste. I have subclassed the CEdit, and tried to hook it in place of the regular CEdit, but my OnEditPaste method doesn't seem to be getting called. Jonathan Arnold "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold_online@insors_comm.com> wrote in message news:%23czgzh$REHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I override the Paste command in a CEdit control? Basically > I want to look at the c...

Using Custom Properties
I want to use custom properties to capture process task data while documenting business processes. I am having problems understanding how to make it work. The desired outcome is that I define 8-10 fields in the shape on the stencil so that anytime I drag that shape to the drawing it has all 8-10 fields to be filled in. Currently I can drag a shape to the page, define fields FOR THAT ONE INSTANCE OF THE SHAPE, but I cannot figure out how to change the custom properties on the master shape in a way that ANY TIME I drag the shape to the page the custom properties come with it. Please Help! ...

Creating Forms
I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? On 26 Mar 2007 10:16:47 -0700, stromo wrote: > I want to create a form on my website but do not know which program to > use. Should using html be adequate for the purpose? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message...

Fonts name using CDC
Hello, I am drawing text using CDC (MFC control). How can I know all the Fonts available? does anyone know the font list available (if so please, and it is not so long, please write it, or at least tell me how to get it) thanks! Mathieu "Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message news:fAg0b.670$HB4.154408@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hello, > > I am drawing text using CDC (MFC control). How can I know all the Fonts > available? does anyone know the font list available (if so please, and it is > not so long, please write it, or at least te...

Using Excel error #N/A in a formula
I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the correct syntax to capture the #N/A error message and display "OK" instead of #N/A? =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,Range,0)),"OK","STOP") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to capture the error message #N/A in an IF statement. > >Would like to use IF(MATCH(C1,Range,0)=#N/A,"OK","STOP") but it does not seem to work. What is the...

Using color to ignore cells in a formula?????
Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells if you should change the color of that cell to a color. Example: =sum(a1:a50) if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not calculated? Mike A. Hi only with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mike A." <MikeA@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:65C99320-9FE3-4E11-81C2-C262B82B565B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore cer...

Copy/Paste to Match Destination Formatting -- BY DEFAULT
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel As a long time PC Word user, I have been accustomed to the large amount of preference customization that is available. One CRUCIAL (for me) customization option in PC Word is the ability to set the default action when pasting from one program (the web or Acrobat) to Word. <br><br>By default, both Word 2008 (mac) and Word 2007 (PC) keep the source formatting when pasting between programs. To me that makes no sense, because 9 out of 10 times you don't want your word document to have many differ...

How to Create a Grid using CEditView
Hello There, I have an MDI Application. one of the view need to be Editable that should display the contents in a grid format. The Grid should be editable and should also be a scrollable. how to do it. Plz Reply Me Fast Hi Sreeram, I had sent you a msg at codeguru.com informing you that i've made a sample for you. I think that you havent read that msg. yet. I'll send it to you now. Regards, V.Girish ...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How do I print a font list using font name in the fonts?
I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that particular font. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FontSampleGenerator.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Rich641" <Rich641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB860C6E-32E3-4C5F-B695-0B479B9BE4CF@microsoft.com... >I want to print a list of all of the fonts that I have using that >particular > font. > ...

Problem with CSocket.Create() on windows 2003
Hii i'm creating a CSocket object and calling its Create Method in a DLL and call this dll from an asp page..but i get an exception on Create(). This only happens with Windows 2003. the code is working fine with windows 2000 server. Also when i created a simple MFC dialog based application (exe) and called .Create() for it there..it worked fine even on 2003. Can someone please tell me if there is any issue with the CSockets in windows 2003 calling in a dll and how can it be resolved. I've also tried using CAsyncSocket but the problem persists. Any help is appreciable. Thanx and regard...

Using the Where clause in an update query
Code below was entered into the "Update To" field while writing a query in design view (Wizard)...As a result the "...operand without and operator..." dialogue box shows up. The intent is to update a number identification field to: "061-" & forms!main!line &"-"& equipmentlistings!numberset where forms!main!equipment = equipmentlistings!equipmenttype &"-"& forms!main!method Equipmenttype and Numberset are from the same table, equipmentlisting, all stored as text. Equipmenttype is chosen from a form. I&#...

creating a template that cant be edited?
Hi people, I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the letter. It works fine if i insert them into headers and footers but the problem is the turn into water marks when i go back to page view. I dont ant them as watermarks. Any ideas?? They only look like watermarks--all text in headers/footers is faded out in page view, and there's nothing you can do about it. They will print out fine. On 10/7/04 4:07 AM, "sublimesoul" wrote: > Hi people, > > I am having trouble putting our logo and address behind the body of the > letter. &...

Spreadsheet view does not refresh when using mouse wheel
When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (3 brands of mice, two PCs, Excel 2007, same error) the view for some of the cells does not refresh. In other words the cells contain data, but it is invisible. If I use the page up/down keys this does not happen. If I paste something into the view with the blanked out cells, they show up again. Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix it? I find it INCREDIBLY ANNOYING! I have the same problem... very annoying indeed! Have you been able to resolve it? "Orerockon" wrote: > When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (...