Creating a Pivot Table using multiple ranges

Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table using multiple ranges?
The option does not appear in the Create Pivot Table wizard.

I thought I could use something like this: 'Page 1'!$A$6:$T$28805:'Page
2'!$A$6:$T$28805 ; but it wasn't accepted as a valid range.

Thanks,

Ross

0
rculver1 (16)
3/7/2008 4:51:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Never mind.  I found it:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2006/10/31/excel-2007-faq-draft/

Thanks, Dick.

"Ross Culver" <rculver@warrenalloy.com> wrote in message
> Using Excel 2007, how do you create a pivot table using multiple ranges?
> The option does not appear in the Create Pivot Table wizard.
>
> I thought I could use something like this: 'Page 1'!$A$6:$T$28805:'Page
> 2'!$A$6:$T$28805 ; but it wasn't accepted as a valid range.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ross

0
rculver1 (16)

continued: multiple selections in a list-box
There was a thread started on 9/15 about this (see below) where a list box with multiple selections would be dropped into a text field separated by by commas (or whatever you want). The corrolary to this then is: now that I've got a text / memo item filled with multiple values, how do I extract that back to the list-box if the form is opened up later to that record. Secondarily, is there a way to pull each of the values from the list box and have it populate a different table that has the record number and choice. For example, the main form (tbl_main) has you choose three or more...

Pivot Table not pulling all fields or data
Hi All........ Without getting too verbose, I have a 900 row by 26 column database I am applying a Pivot Table to. The code seems to run fine, but it is not returning some of the fields, and of course the related data. I have tried reformatting the entire columns I am pulling from but no joy......however, when I reformat an errant cell from General to TEXT, that row comes in........and/or, if I change the value in one of the missing cells, it will bring that row in. The code runs fine, and was mostly derived by recording a macro in XL2k, but the data cannot be trusted becau...

How do I automatiicaly redefinie Source data range for a chart?
I have A Chart Defined by Category (X) values in Collumn B and Y values in Collumn C. Right now Both are defined by rows 4 to 114. I would like to be able to have the chart automatically redefine itself so if I put a value in C115 the chart would automaticaly set Y value range to be C4:C115 eithout having to manually define chart. Is this possible? If so how? I've tried OFFSET bu so far no luck. Hi, If you turn your data cells into a List, or Table in xl2007, the chart will auto expand. The named range approach will work if you set up the names correctly. See here for more info...

Can I use "find / replace" to automatically "Insert Rows" in a do.
Have a long column of numbers Every time I see the number 5, I need to insert two rows. Doing this by hand is tedious. Can you help me find a shortcut? The IF function does not do this, right? Not 25, 35, 5351, just plain old 5? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim FirstRow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim iRow As Long With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1 If .Cells(iRow, "C").Value = 5 Then ...

Running Balance in excel pivot table
Hi, Have rows: Product, transaction no have data fields: qty rec, qty iss, balance (calculated field: qty rec - qty iss) want balance to be a running total with base field of product so want something like: ======================================================= product--------doc no-----------------rec-------------------- iss-----------------------balance ======================================================= acetic acid -------------------opnbal/ 1-----------------4----------------------0---------------------- (4-0)=4 -------------------sales/ inv-----------------0--------------------...

Using Outlook 2003 in Windows 7
I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Windows 7 that has been properly activated. However, every time I open it in Windows 7 I am asked to accept the Microsoft End User Agreement, which is annoying since I accept it every time (actually this happens every time I open an Office 2003 product). Is there someway to deactivate this request? Thx for the help. "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11F6EC50-7351-4B84-A7BC-4322115C9B88@microsoft.com... > I have a valid version of Outlook 2003 that I am using in Win...

Managing multiple worksheets 03-24-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I regularly create files with 50+ worksheets with interlinked references - mostly historical and projected financial statements. Is there anyway possible to group files in a folder in the tab bar at the bottom of the sheet for ease of navigation? For example, can I group together all worksheets for 2009, 2010 etc in separate folders that can be expanded or contracted for ease of navigation? <br><br>Thank you On 3/24/10 12:16 PM, dad4peanuts@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: M...

How to use the countif() function to count items in a table
I have a table contains multple columns of info as shown in the below AcctID ProjectName PMName Phase Status EIG Project 1 Wellie Initiation New MLI Project 2 John Develop Active EIG Project 11 Wellie Qualify Active EIG Project UUU John Design InActive MLI Project XX Carol Deployment Completed MLI Project YYY Carol Design Active I'd like to use the countif() function to complete the following metric such that I know how many projects for each status for each AcctID. EIG ...

tables
i have created a table in excel but want the edges of table to be slightly curved instead of being a right angle....is there a way of doing it? -- Sam Not sure what you meant by "table." How did you draw/create the table? Have you checked out AutoShapes from the drawing toolbar? = Autoshapes>Basic shapes>first one second row is a rounded rectangle. = Draw the rectangle then right-click ...... Format AutoShape>Colors and = Lines tab>Fill - color - no fill or transparency 99%. Grid lines = optional. Is this what you want? Epinn=20 "Sam" <Sam@discuss...

Pivot Table Text Only, No calculations
:confused: I have a spreadsheet of data, text only. An address list. want to look at the table by city. Is there a way to do this withou calculation? For example, I want to have a city has the page field an look at all the addresses, including columns, within that city. Thanks -- rmm3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rmm30's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=835 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26902 A pivot table is a good tool for summarizing data, but won't help...

Creating a duplicate lead
Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same company - would like to add a second lead without retyping all the address info, etc., that would be exactly the same. check out the free c360 Clone utility: http://www.c360.com/Clone.aspx It'll do what you need. -Sarah B. "jjohnson" wrote: > Am I right in assuming there is no way to create a duplicate lead from an > existing one? I'm asking because I have multiple people within the same > company - would ...

cell range not changing when refreshing linked data- sumproduct fo
The cell range is not updating correctly to reflect the last row in the data sheet that is being refreshed. 5878 is the correct number of rows and 5824 is not. I can find and replace in my formulas to correct the problem, but it does it each time the data is refreshed. Any suggestions as to why? =(SUMPRODUCT((Expense!$B$2:$B$5878=$C$2)*(Expense!$C$2:$C$5878=$C$3)*(Expense!$W$2:$W$5824=$A6)*(Expense!$M$2:$M$5878))) I gave you the INDIRECT option y'day, but received no feedback from you in that thread. Looks like you're more interested in knowing why? One simple hunc...

Corrupt TCP segments using CSocket
I am developing a simple streaming video application. I am using TCP with the CSocket MFC class and I have a thread the writes the data for each frame in a separate Write(). The app works fine for about 2 minutes of "playing" the video, but after some time (2-15) minutes I am getting segments with invalid TCP checksum (observing the traffic in etherreal). If I retry the connection from the client it doesn't recover. It recovers when I restart the server. Any ideas? Ask your question additionally at microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks NG. -- Vladimir <vladimir.rale...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

move multiple folders in outlook 2003 Public Folders
I am using Outlook 2003 and use Public Folders to hold Project Emails etc. At the end of each month, I need to move the folders created in the month to an archive Public Folder. For example, I would have public folders called 091101-420, 091101-421, 091102-423, 091104-424 and would need to move them to an archive folder 0911. I currently right click the folder to be moved, select "Move...", select 0911 from the drop down list and then click "OK". I have to do this for each folder. I can't see a way of selecting multiple Public Folders to move them all at o...

multiple domains
Hello, Can anyone tell me what I need to do on our exchange server to allow it to receive mail for multiple domains. I have the email address setup but it gets returned stating that the mailbox is unavailable on the second domains email. Our DNS is hosted at the ISP and the mx record is pointing to our server. Thank you. Tim Lewis wrote: > Hello, > > Can anyone tell me what I need to do on our exchange server to allow > it to receive mail for multiple domains. I have the email address > setup but it gets returned stating that the mailbox is unavailable on > the s...

Creating company wide calendars
Hello, I need your help. I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to create a shared calendar that everyone in the company can access for company events. Is it possible and if it is, how do you create such a calendar? Thank you for your help. Yes, create a Public Folder for the calendar. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Demetrius Samaras" <dsamaras@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07a301c3b5eb$4db315b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need your help. > > I am testing Exchange 2003 and would like to ...

Single user
A siingle user should be able to log onto the system multiple times without using multiple licenses. WE have two companies established on Great Plains and often it is convenient to have botrh companies open at the same timie - but when a single person does this he is using two licenses!!! Should not be !!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in t...

URGENT: Exporting table to an SQL script
Hi guys I have a database in Access 2007 which I'm currently trying to rebuild in SQL Server Express in Visual Studio. Problem is, I can't seem to find an easy way of exporting tables. I've been using copy/paste on the data, but that only works with simple tables where I can build the table in SQLEx first. Is there a way in Access 2007 (or an Add-in I can download) to export a table as a list of SQL commands? Yknow.. CREATE TABLE, INSERT, etc!? Thanks, Dan Hi, you can use upsizing wizard to export whole database, or Export tables to ODBC connection to your sql server...

Creating signatures but leaving them optional
Hello -- I've just had to re-load my operating system and then Office (and Outlook). The way I used to be set up, I had a signature that I could include in an outgoing email message by going Alt-I-S (and then I think the first letter of the name of the signature). In more than half my emails, I don't use a signature, but in others, I have a standard signature I want to include. So I'd like to be able to include the signat ure with a simple key-stroke combination, but otherwise leave messages unsigned. I can't figure out how to do this now -- if I create a signature, i...

Contacts with multiple email addresses #2
Need Help When I right-click a contact and click create new message, all of the contacts three email addresses autimatically appear in the "to" line. How do I prevent this from happening. In other words, how do I make one the three addresses for that contact a default address so that only that one appears when I try to send an email. Thanks ...

Print Preview using CPreviewDC
Hi there, I have a problem trying to implement a print preview function. Yet the printing itself is no problem. I have this chart control with a method m_graph.PrintGraph(CDC *pDC) which outputs the data to the CDC object. Now I want to do Print Preview similarly using the CPreviewDC class mentioned in the MSDN Documentation instead of the CDC class. How do I setup the CPreviewDC object without a print dialog? And after I have printed the content into the CDC class how do I display the print preview? ...

using min max
We want to start using min max to help with order processing. Do we need to use order point qty or order up to level with the min max? We are using GP v10 and new to GP. Do we need to set the order policy before using min max? Is there a good source on how to set the min max in GP10? the Purchase Order Processing pdf in the GP Documentation folder is pretty good. The values are all interelated. What we did here was create a dummy part and played with it. You can leave the Items order policy as 'Not Planned'. We wanted to set up to use PO generation but our purchasing g...

restore exchange 2000 using ntbackup
Hi! My exchange 2000 server is remotely backed up every day using veritas 9.2. I am now testing disaster recovery and would like to use ntbackup locally on my disaster recovery exchange server. (I copied my .bkf file on my exchange server) I dismounted my databases and ran ntbackup locally on my exchange server. I cataloged the bkf file and selected the microsoft Information store that I want to restore. „Restore to „ I entered my exchange server name. The following error message is then displayed: „the specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or ist Microsoft Excha...

Multiple combo boxes on a form
I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:58:37 GMT, "Malt" <u36720@uwe> wrote: >I have a form based on two tables. I would like a combo box for a field from >each table that will fill in various fields from the relevant table. Does >anyone have any suggestions? Why would you want to do that? It sounds like you're trying to store data from one table redundantly into a second table. This is essentially ...