creating a mail merge with dates

hi using excel version 98 (stop laughing)

I have a field with dates.  When I go to do a mail merge into a word
document those dates are getting converted or inverted.  5/1 become 1/5.  It
is inconsistent but seems to happen in April and May.

When I turn the column into a text field, the dates become numbers and so I
lose my data.  Is there a way to paste the values of the fields into a text
column so that the true date will work with the merge?

hope this makes sense.

Thank You.

0
Meg
10/29/2008 3:54:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dates in column B

insert a help column and use this formula

=TEXT(B2,"mm/dd/yy")

change the date format depending on your region to your liking

copy down and paste special as values over the old values, delete help
column

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message
> hi using excel version 98 (stop laughing)
>
> I have a field with dates.  When I go to do a mail merge into a word
> document those dates are getting converted or inverted.  5/1 become 1/5.
> It is inconsistent but seems to happen in April and May.
>
> When I turn the column into a text field, the dates become numbers and so
> I lose my data.  Is there a way to paste the values of the fields into a
> text column so that the true date will work with the merge?
>
> hope this makes sense.
>
> Thank You.

0
peo.sjoblom (169)

Sending mail using script.
Hi, I am not much into vb scripting but I got hold of a vb script which can send mail from a mail id which is not created on exchange server. Below is the script: Set objMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message") objMessage.Subject = "Example CDO Message" objMessage.From = "me@my.com" objMessage.To = "test@paulsadowski.com" objMessage.TextBody = "This is some sample message text." objMessage.Send I tried this script on my exchange 2003 sp2 server which has been hardened using the security configuration wizard with comes with windows 2003 sp1 and ...

How to Avoid "Reply All" Mistakes in Outlook E-mail
We always have some goomba in the office reply to everyone when they reply to a universal e-mail. Is there anyway I can create a rule or warning box to stop my e-mail challenged colleagues avoid making an @$# out of themselves? It never helps your career when you send a reply to everyone in the office, especially when your comment is shows your ignorance. This problem happens when someone sends a universal announcement to everyone on the e-mail list, and the recipient hits "reply all", sending an e-mail back to everyone on the list, not just the person who originally sent it. May...

sql to create totals
I have a query that counts the number of records where the criteria has defined values. This produces a list of the number of records for each month based on a field txtmonth . Here is the sql and the results. SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, Count(tblhvdealspt1.ID) AS CountOfID, tblhvdealspt1.txtmonth FROM tblhvdealspt1 WHERE (((tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Buyout" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose) ="Refinancing" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Corporate Finance" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Restructuring")) GROUP BY tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, tbl...

How do I e-mail 1 page of a multi page workbook
I have a multi page workbook and want to e-mail my managers their sheet only. How do I do this? Copy the page that you want to send to a new Workbook. Save that new Workbook under a new file name. Send it to recipients. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Lynne Hicks" wrote: > I have a multi page workbook and want to e-mail my managers their sheet only. > How do I do this? Hi, All the methods are here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that...

Creating a report in CRM
I am trying to create a time sensitive report of accounts who have submitted cases to us. I would like the report to sort by accounts, with a secondary sort of each contact in that account. I need to have a summary of time by account and secondary summaries of each contact. Under the contact would be the cases submitted by that contact. I need to be able to select the range of time that the report will be on, along with the account name. Has anyone done a report similar to this, and if so, how was it done? I've done similar reports with using Crystal Reports and SQL Reporting Servic...

Where is create new office document command in Office 2007?
We recently migrated to 2007 from 2003 and I cannot find the commands to "create new office document" or "open existing office document" from the taskbar/start menu. Does anyone have any idea where these commands are or how I can add them to my taskbar? Thank you! I have XP Pro and Office 2007. If I select "All Programs", it appears at the top of the list. If you do as well, you can right-click and select Pin to Start Menu. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

How do I delete a mail queue?
I set up a mail queue using my own email (as a test) address now cant find how to delete it. problem I pointed it back at myself, and now I get all emails twice - DOH!! Any help is appreciated. I simply cant find where to edit existign queues. SBS 2003 with CRM 3.0 To delete a CRM Queue, got to Settings > Business Unit Settings > Queues. Select the queue and click the delete button on the grid toolbar. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. <techital@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145940109.144306.228770@u72...

how do I set up e-mail on outlook?
what type of email account do you have? what version of outlook? The basics are here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com You c...

Create List
I have Outlook 2000. I have three sets of contacts, eg Contacts, Newsletter. They have the same icon. Properties call them Folders containing contact items. I just tried to make a new contact list and can't seem to reproduce it. The property description of the folder is a little longer and the icon is different. ...

My e-mails all download 2x???
My e-mails all download twice. This happens for every e-mail. How do I stop it? Do you have any rules defined that act on incoming messages? If so, it's possible more than one rule is acting on each message and creating duplicates. Make sure your rules end with "Stop processing more rules". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "jlknoettner" wrote: > My e-mails all download twice. This happens for every e-mail. How do I s...

How to merge to coloums
Hei I have one spreadsheet with folowing coloums: Name1 - Surname1 - Cardnumber1 Name2 - Surname2 - Cardnumber2 Name3 - Surname3 - Cardnumber3 Name4 - Surname4 - Cardnumber4 and another spreasheet with following coloums: Name1 - Surname1 - Username1 Name2 - Surname2 - Username2 Name3 - Surname3 - Username3 Name4 - Surname4 - Username4 Name5 - Surname5 - Username5 Name6 - Surname6 - Username6 What I need is to look for Name and Surname in my second sheet and extract the user name so I end up with these coloums in a new spreadsheet Name1- Surname1 - Username1 - Cardnumber1 Name2- Surname2 - Us...

new mail notification sound
I have Windows XP pro on my new computer and now I don't get the new mail notification sound in Outlook Express although I have correctly set it up. I've been told that due to Microsoft Service Pack I, my ISP (comcast) doesn't let the the sound come through to my computer. I can send and receive mail fine otherwise. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks! Ellie wrote: > I have Windows XP pro on my new computer and now I don't > get the new mail notification sound in Outlook Express > although I have correctly set it up. I've been told that > due to Micros...

video e-mail #2
Get a "Failed to convert file to WMV format" error message every time I try to use the new video e-mail feature in Outlook 2003. ...

Creating popup-menu on the fly
Hello, I'd like to create a popup menu (in a dialog) on the fly. Everythings works fine, but there is one problem, all the items are greyed. What is the reason for this. Here the code-snippets (mfuncMenu and m_contextMenu are Dialog-defined vars of CMenu) In InitDialog: -------------- m_funcMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); m_funcMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, 1, (LPCTSTR) "SubItem1"); m_funcMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, 2, (LPCTSTR) "SubItem2"); m_contextMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); m_contextMenu.AppendMenu(MF_POPUP, (UINT) m_funcMenu.m_hMenu, (LPCTSTR) &...

Can I create a Global Rule?
Hi all. I want to create a Global Rule in Exchange that applies to all mailboxes? It also has to be applied to all new mailboxes that are created afterward. Can this be done? Thanks, TheBurgerMan at gmail dot com Yes. "Me" wrote: > Hi all. I want to create a Global Rule in Exchange that applies to all > mailboxes? It also has to be applied to all new mailboxes that are created > afterward. > > Can this be done? > > Thanks, > TheBurgerMan > at > gmail > dot > com > > > How do I do create the rule? "WILDPACKET...

Date Differences in Years
Hello, I have the following formula in Access 2007 to determine how many years someone has been with the company. ----- Years of Service: DateDiff("yyyy",[Hire Date],[TodaysDate]) ----- This formula is partially accurate, but not completely because, for example, if someone was hired on 8/24/09 and today's date is 5/27/10, it says that person has worked here for a year (the value result = 1). But because it technically hasn't been a full year, the number isn't accurate. I would like for it to return a value = 0 (zero) if it hasn't been a full y...

Is there a slick means of creating tickets in Pub. 2007?
I wish to create event tickets, 8 to an A4 sheet with no margins or spacers. It can be done by copying, pasting and dragging but is there a slick means as one would do for labels? -- Best regards, Hywel File, Page Setup, Advanced (on the right), Multiple Pages per sheet, Width 10.5cm Height 7.42cm. Zero margins. Publisher should say 2 columns of 4. Be certain you have A4 selected. If you want consecutive numbering for your tickets create a data base, use mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Hywel Thomas" <hywelthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

Lost formatting in e-mails composed in Outlook
When I compose e-mails using Outlook--either in Word or not in Word--the recipient receives the e-mail with all formatting stripped from it. I can't use color, different fonts, italics, etc., because all disappear between "Send" and "Receive" even when I send it to myself. I finally found and chose the option of NOT removing formatting when sending, no matter what program it is sent to, but it removes all formatting anyway. Anybody know how to make it leave all the formatting in e-mails, either in Word or not in Word, when sent? Also, anybody know how to turn off AL...

How to obtain e-mail report on downloads from my site

SDK Creating an inactive account or contact
How can I create an account and setting it's "StatusCode" at 2 while creating? The schema seems to tell that the value can be assigned at creation but it seems to ignore my value :( any example? /fb I didn't get an account deactivated added to the system as well. What does work is add one and update the state directly aftwards. A bit of a workaround, but it works -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Frebou" wrote: > How can I create an account and setting it's "StatusCode" at 2 while > creating? > ...

Publisher 2007 Large Blank Spaces in E-mail
I have created a long e-mail that needs to be sent out. On the screen the spacing looks fine but when I go to the e-mail previewer the spacing is off between the text box and the autoshape at the very bottom of the e-mail (I am using Outlook 2007). If I shorten the document the spacing issues go away. Is their a workaround for this spacing problem? I have to send this out as an e-mail and not as an attachement as soon as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/k...

download mails from remote server
how do i download mails from a remote pop3 server into exchange server. is using third party tools the only option? Either 3rd party, or included with SBS POP3 connector. But see http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp_basics.htm#ExchangePOP3 Suresh wrote: > how do i download mails from a remote pop3 server into exchange server. is using third party tools the only option? ...

Mail merge using Excel data
Using P2003 and mail merge In Pub, whenever my "zipcode" field (that I am getting from an Excel file) has zip +4 digits, "0" shows up in the Pub merge results. In the Excel file, I have tried having the column attributes set as Custom, Text, and others to see if that was causing the problem, but still the same results. How can I get the zip + 4 to display correctly in the Pub merge? Thanks much for your help. Try inserting an apostrophe before the figures in Excel. This tells Excel that the cell contains text. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "ladyt...

Office 2011
Hi, I have read multiple posts about the issue Entourage has sometimes with deleting Exchange mail yet it can be viewed in OWA. I have that issue with the beta version of Outlook still.....it is such a brilliant application but now have this issue. I am connecting to Exchange 2010 but have run Entourage EWS against it and it worked perfectly. I am sure this is not a Beta a issue because this is an issue in 'old' Entourage and others are using the Beta perfectly. Any suggestions? Thanks On 27/04/2010 13:39, iFoggy wrote: > I am sure this is not a Beta a issue...