Havn't used excel in a while and I need to create a group of cell
corresponding to an input of a min and a max.

Here are the details.  On one sheet I have a box where you enter th
min and a box where you enter the max.  In another sheet I want
column starting at A2 to output (MIN,A2+1000,A3+1000,....MAX)  ho
would I do this

--
Thundersix
Thundersixx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3055

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Name the cells that contain the min and max amounts, as described here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Assuming you named the cells MinAmt and MaxAmt, on the second sheet, in
cell A2, enter the formula:  =MinAmt

In cell A3, enter the formula:

   =IF(OR(A2=MaxAmt,A2=""),"",IF(A2+1000<=MaxAmt,A2+1000,MaxAmt))

Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the largest max
amount that will be used.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

reports in word 2007 are printing in mirror form (backwards) help
All of a sudden all of my reports are printing backwards. What happened or maybe I accidently clicked on something but I can't figure it out. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Possibly a setting in your printer Properties? Look for "Flip horizontal," "Mirror image," or "T-shirt transfer." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "KathyM" <KathyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB2D8030-CE9B-4098-81B3-674893CEE88A@microsoft.com... > All ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

KB930879 needs clarification
Hi all, I just check the MS KB930879 reviewed on 2/22/2007. I am so confused now. Please look at the section what to do after you run exchange tool ******************************** What to do after you run the Exchange tool Install updates After you finish updating all Exchange servers in your environment, install the following updates on the Exchange servers: 931836 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/) February 2007 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems 926666 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926666/) Update for daylight saving time changes in 200...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Locking Formulas to Cells
I don't know if I am using the correct terminology but this is what want to do: I have placed formulas in multiple columns that calculat my sales numbers for a bid. The problem I am running into is that change the bids for every person and when I clear a cell is clears th formula from it as well. Is there a way for me to clear cells withou deleting the formula I have placed inside it? I know that I can jus grab the first cell in the column and drag it down to re-load th formula in that column but I don't want to have to do that. I want th formulas permenant and the data I enter...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Cell Selection?
I have a colum of numbers 198 0 0 198 2 What I need, is to be able to select 3. the 198's are not going to be used in the next part of my equation. That seems simple enough, however all the numbers could be usable (not 198) and I need to use just the first three. Any ideas? One interp / way, using non-array formulas Assuming source numbers in A1 down Put In B1: =IF(COUNT($C$1:C1)>3,"",C1) In C1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"", INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0))) In D1: =IF(A1="","",IF(A1=198,"",ROW())) Select B1:D...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

Create incident on website : localhost ok
Hello everybody, I'am using /service/serviceportal.aspx when i open a new case in http://localhost:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx it creates the "incident" normally but when i open a new case in http://danubecrm:1917/service/serviceportal.aspx -> Operation failed due to a SQL integrity violation. Platform System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.W...

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

Creating a Check Box
I would like to learn how to create a check box. Is there a way to do that? The simplest checkbox (I think) is from the Forms toolbar. So View|tool bars and show that Forms toolbar. Click on the checkbox and then click on the topleft corner where it should be placed. Then draw to the opposite lowerright corner. When you've placed it correctly, right click on it and select "Format Control" On the Control Tab, you can assign a cell link that you can use to determine if the checkbox is checked or not. =if(A1=True,"It's checked","It's not checked") ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...