Havn't used excel in a while and I need to create a group of cell
corresponding to an input of a min and a max.

Here are the details.  On one sheet I have a box where you enter th
min and a box where you enter the max.  In another sheet I want
column starting at A2 to output (MIN,A2+1000,A3+1000,....MAX)  ho
would I do this

--
Thundersix
Thundersixx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3055

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Name the cells that contain the min and max amounts, as described here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Assuming you named the cells MinAmt and MaxAmt, on the second sheet, in
cell A2, enter the formula:  =MinAmt

In cell A3, enter the formula:

   =IF(OR(A2=MaxAmt,A2=""),"",IF(A2+1000<=MaxAmt,A2+1000,MaxAmt))

Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the largest max
amount that will be used.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Average formula where blank cells are counted as zeros
I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank cells. I had only cells A2, A4, A6 filled out, but when I do =average(A1:A6), it is not treating the blanks as zeros so the answer is much higher than it should be. Should I do a logic formula within the cells? If you know the range, you could do the division yourself: =sum(a1:a6)/6 But this would include other non-numeric cells in the count of cells (6), too. krwelling wrote: > > I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank > cells. > > I ha...

Pls Help!!
Hello i need to check a row for data and if that data is their i need to the check the next row and if the data isnt their then i need to put th data in that range i know how to add the data using VBA but i dont know how to check tha row for the data and if it does exist i need to goto the next row Hope this helps, Jami -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com for each c in selection if c="mydata" then c="mydata" next c -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "boris2004 >" <<boris2004.12e7s7@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Do we need to install active sync?
Hi all, We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to install active sync in the server ot workstaions? Thanks. In news:CD56A612-B0ED-47F0-9428-0B2584DE3AB4@microsoft.com, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers. I enabled the > mobile function in the global seetings. BTW, do we still need to > install active sync in the server ot workstaions? > > Thanks. You don't install ActiveSync deskt...

Not sending emails to groups
Hi, I am having a problem with my new laptop. I have several groups with several diff. emails for different people in diff. cities around the world. Whenever I want to send a email message to -- let's say -- people in NYC, if it is under a certain number of people the message is sent ok, but if it is let's say 40 people, it will be hanging in my outbox and it's NOT sent. I think Microsoft might have added some type of security feature that would unable viruses to send the same email message to my whole list. I might be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I could come u...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

Annualiized Return different between M06 and M04 for groups and totals
I did an upgrade twice from M04 to M06 to verify the following. The group and total Annualized Retun are much higher in M06 vs M04. The calculations The annualized returns for indivual holdings are the same but the account totals and portfolio totals annualized returns are different. Can anyone else confirm this? -- NeverOutofTune ...

Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .
I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0 shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell). To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you can't see the zero But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing Try the formula =IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14) in the linked cell. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paligap" <Paligap@discu...

IF statement help #2
Hi What im trying to do is, Calculate a Cell x say 0.5. If the result is a negative number, sho 0. If it is a positive number, work it out and show the answer. Jus tried, and cant seem to get it right for some reason. I dont want t have to use another cell for no reaon, as I need to present th worksheet This is what I tried, IF((E22*0.5)>0), (E22*0.5), Thank -- RudeYut ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RudeYute's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3295 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Any suggestions on how to create a simple monogram?
I'm trying to create a simple monogram, and was hoping for some suggestions. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks. Probably WordArt if you are using Publisher. There are lots of alphabets on the ClipArt site. You can ungroup them and manipulate the letters into a monogram. What initials are you using? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmarnett" <cmarnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91315A55-2E5A-4151-8D3D-54F94785A3E4@...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

help attaching files
Hi... Using XP Pro and Outlook 2003. For some odd reason, I am unable to attach files when sending emails. Click on the 'paperclip', window opens to the My Doc folder. then when I click on a sub folder to open, nothing happens... finally, a Microsoft Word window opens that it is unable to open.... It is almost as if it is trying to launch Word to open the folder... Help? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie FWIW, from the Microsoft side a new Knowledge Base Article (KBA) was released on Apr 15th. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165 It lists two known conflicts so far....

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Need to backup Contacts
I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME. I want to make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of the file. When I search on *.pab, it returns "not found". I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know the file exists somewhere. Any suggestions on where to find or how to back-up? Thanks. Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and has not been used for a number of releases. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...

Maximum number of characters in a cell
Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 characters? Bill Hi Bill, > Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 > characters? A cell can contain about 32000 characters, but Excel will display only about a 1000 of them (depending on font and fontsize). Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com If you would add some forced (manual) line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in your text at opportune locations, you will find that you can *display* much more text. -- HTH, RD ----------------------------------...

merge cells with a twist
A B C joe @ domain.com trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) and that result is joe@domain.com Thank you. =A1&B1&C1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message news:uaAWelbgFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >A B C > joe @ domain.com > > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) > and > that result is joe@domain.com > Thank you. > > =hyper...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

Creating a basic phone followup
I am very new to this CRM product. I have set up a letter campaign to a small group of potential customers and I'd like to create a phone call tracking list for my phone follow ups. What is the quickest/best way to achieve this? ...