Havn't used excel in a while and I need to create a group of cell
corresponding to an input of a min and a max.

Here are the details.  On one sheet I have a box where you enter th
min and a box where you enter the max.  In another sheet I want
column starting at A2 to output (MIN,A2+1000,A3+1000,....MAX)  ho
would I do this

--
Thundersix
Thundersixx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3055

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Name the cells that contain the min and max amounts, as described here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

Assuming you named the cells MinAmt and MaxAmt, on the second sheet, in
cell A2, enter the formula:  =MinAmt

In cell A3, enter the formula:

   =IF(OR(A2=MaxAmt,A2=""),"",IF(A2+1000<=MaxAmt,A2+1000,MaxAmt))

Copy the formula down as far as required to accommodate the largest max
amount that will be used.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Logo created in Word, not recognized as an image
I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Bring up the logo in Word. Go to HELP. type in: convert .doc file to image file. One of your choices will be to convert to a .TIFF. If this will work...follow the directions. Tlmh99 wrote: > I created a killer logo in MS Word and I cannot use it, because it is not > recognized as an image file. I also cannot recreate it. Help!! Can you not simply copy and paste into Publisher. Select paste special and choose the best format. -- Mary Sauer M...

macro needed
hello listers to begin with i have no great excel skills what I am looking for is a macro that I can easily use to send mail to a list of users I have made a web page that students sign up on http://biosciences.utoledo.edu/prs enter there info when they press submit the data is saved to a text file that can be opened as a csv file in excel I would like to have a macro go row by row down the page and extract the email from column G and insert that in to an email and also the students name from coulmn B. The csv file is set up like this ID Fname Lname StudentID TransmitID Section e...

how do I create qif files from Excel for import into Quicken?
Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. Can I create a QIF file from Excel? You'll need a converter utility for this. Here's a google search that might help: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-31,GGLD:en&q=convert+excel+to+quicken tj "pb" wrote: > Want to import a bunch of financial data that's in Excel into Quicken. > Can I create a QIF file from Excel? Hi *pb*, See if http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php suits your purpose. Don't forget to back up the folde...

VBA Worksheet Event Change or Selection Question, please assist me
Two fantastic people were kind enough to provide me these two codes below, and now I'm trying to see if I can expand it to include other columns and data in a worksheet. Code 1: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myC As Range If Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents =3D False For Each myC In Intersect(Target, Range("P:P")) Range("Q" & myC.Row).Value =3D Date - Target.Value Next myC Application.EnableEvents =3D True End Sub Code 2: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Tar...

how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group from java?
Using Java's LDAP protocol, how to check if a user exists in a particular OU/Group ? I have one approach in which, get the distinguishedName for this user and then remove the first CN part (username). This will be left with OU part. Now check if this OU matches with the given OU. But does not sound like a perfect solution to me. Any other better approaches? Regards, Shivaraj Shivaraj, I would suggest posting to AD Newsgroup as this is related to AD not Exchange. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner "shivaraj" ...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Multiple Routing Groups
Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country needlessly. While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing groups? tia "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote: >Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It >now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing gro...

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

Who created this monster!
I knew how to do this the last time I used Excel last year. I have Excel 2000. I have a worksheet with a number of columns. Row 1 contains column headings. Row 2 contains data. Most of the cells are text. Some are numbers. A few have formulas, like =(C2*10) + (D2*5). Row 3 contains some column totals and is always meant to be the last row. Now I have entered all the data in row 2 and at the last column of my data. How do I open a new row following the row I just entered maintaining the formulas but automatically adjusting the references? This would be a new row 3. The totals row would ...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Creating New GP Company
I am in the process of creating a new GP Data Company – normally I just go to utilities and select “Create A Company” and I am good to go. This time however when I create the new company not all of the Manufacturing tables/stored procedures are created. I know that I have successfully created new companies prior to me installing SP5. When I log into the new company I get the following error: SQLServer souldnot find the stored procedure ‘CDA01.dbo.msysCompDoseMfgCompExist’ then invalid object name ‘ICJC6000’ When I actually try to go into a MOP module I get a message stating that M...

group of numbers
How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? I've got the following numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I want them to be considered as a group. How can I achieve it? Thank you for your attention --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can name the range of cells that contain the numbers. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html If that's not what you're trying to do, perhaps you could give a bit more detail. PeaceMaker < wrote: > How can I make a bunch of numbers being recognized as a group? > > I&...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Expand/Contract grouped columns in protected sheet
I�m trying to protect a sheet that has a pivottable with grouped columns. The problem is , after protecting the sheet , I can�t expand/contract the table. I get an error saying that I can�t use that command because it�s a protected sheet. Is there anyway around this? I.E. How can I protect a sheet, and still expand/contract a pivottable? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

illegal name? [noobie, please be gentle]
re: xl2k I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" xl refuses to accept this. Why? Note that "fy2007" appears to satisfy all the naming guidelines, as listed in the help file. Also note, "fy_2007" is acceptable. cheers, jw FY2007 looks like a cell in column FY in row 2007. You could name it FY_2007 or _FY2007 Or most anything that doesn't look like an address. mr_unreliable wrote: > > re: xl2k > > I am attempting to name a column as "fy2007" > > xl refuses to accept this. Why? > > Note that "fy2007"...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...