Create value list from range

I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to list
in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's.

Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values?

Thanks for your help...

--
mallets123
mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25090

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Try this:

Make sure you have a heading for your list. I'll assume your range is
A1:A100 and A1 is STATE.

In a blank cell off to the side on the same sheet, enter your column
heading.
I'll use Z1: STATE

Data>Filter>Advanced Filter:
Check: Copy to another location
Check: Unique records only
List Range: $A$1:$A$100
Copy to: $Z$1
Click the [OK] button

You should now have a list of unique state abbreviations under cell
Z1.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21419

First make sure there is a label cell on top of your column, select the data
(including the label) and then pull-down:

Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... and check unique records
--
Gary's Student

"mallets123" wrote:

> I've got a range of cells containing state abbrev. that I want to list
> in another range excluding all duplicated states abbrev's.
>
> Is there a way to list the non-duplicated values?
>
> Thanks for your help...
>

> --
> mallets123
> mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25090
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=506174

0
GarysStudent (1572)
1/29/2006 6:10:28 PM
Thanks for your help on this, is there a way to have this done
automatically rather than having to manually do it each time?

--
mallets123
mallets123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25090
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=506174

OK...try this:

With your list of state abbreviations in A1:A20, with A1: State

D1: State
D2
=IF(SUM(IF($A$1:$A$21<>"",1/COUNTIF($A$1:$A$21,$A$1:$A$21)))=COUNTIF($D$1:$D1,"??")+1,"",INDEX($A$2:$A$21,MATCH(TRUE,ISERROR(MATCH($A$2:$A$21,$D$1:$D1,0)),0),1))

Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] key
and press [Enter].

Copy D2 and paste it into D3 through D52.

Each time you enter a new state abbreviation that is not alread
listed, it will display in the list in D1:D52.

Change range references to suit your situation.

Does that help?

Regards,
Ro

--
Ron Coderr
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2141
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50617

Problems with creating a newsletter

visual basic

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Value is BLANK

y value vs x
In an xy scatter plot one can choose the type of line connecting the data points (smooth, straight, etc.). Once this is done, Is there a simple way of determining the y value of graph for a specific x value without doing successive approximations with 0 shifts. I'd rather not purchase a graphing program just for this simple task. You could find an equation that fits the data (see trendline) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ralph" <ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:284B39DE-20C6-40CB-AB60-39B...

Format List Box!

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

XML Mapping: Creating a "non-repeating schema element" in VS2005
Question regarding XML mapping in Excel. XML Mapping in Excel allows you to map "non-repeating schema elements" to an individual cell while "repeating schema elements" automatically get handled as an Excel "list". I want a table(XML/XSD) exported from a VS2005 dataset to be CELL mappable rather than LIST mappable. Is there a way to make Excel interpret the native dataset XML/XSD as non-repeating? Said differently, what makes a schema element "repeating" versus "non-repeating"? Is it a unique XPATH statement? If my underlying table has...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...