Create static text from cell reference

Hey everyone...

I have two columns of text which I'm combining in a third column using the
formula (for C1, for example) =A1 & char(10) & B1

This gives me the contents of A1 on a line above the contents of B1 and
works fine.

What I NEED to do is somehow create column C as TEXT, not as a REFERENCED
data from columns A and B. How do I create a cell that contains the actual
TEXT content of another cell instead of a REFERENCE to the other cell?

TIA...

0
gcasper (6)
3/25/2008 7:41:40 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Select all the cells in "C" that have content. R-click them and select
"Copy" then r-click again,  select Paste Special, Values, then OK.

Greg Casper wrote:
> Hey everyone...
>
> I have two columns of text which I'm combining in a third column using the
> formula (for C1, for example) =A1 & char(10) & B1
>
> This gives me the contents of A1 on a line above the contents of B1 and
> works fine.
>
> What I NEED to do is somehow create column C as TEXT, not as a REFERENCED
> data from columns A and B. How do I create a cell that contains the actual
> TEXT content of another cell instead of a REFERENCE to the other cell?
>
> TIA...

0
birelan (531)
3/25/2008 7:49:07 PM
Select C1 (or a group of cells in this column if you have more) and
click <copy>. Then click on Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) | OK
then <Esc>, You will now have the text in cell C1 rather than the
formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 7:41=A0pm, "Greg Casper" <gcas...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hey everyone...
>
> I have two columns of text which I'm combining in a third column using the=

> formula (for C1, for example) =3DA1 & char(10) & B1
>
> This gives me the contents of A1 on a line above the contents of B1 and
> works fine.
>
> What I NEED to do is somehow create column C as TEXT, not as a REFERENCED
> data from columns A and B. How do I create a cell that contains the actual=

> TEXT content of another cell instead of a REFERENCE to the other cell?
>
> TIA...

0
pashurst (2576)

change control source or value of text box
I have a report with GroupHeader0 and GroupHeader1. The data source of the report is a query. In the GroupHeader0 I have the Purchase Order Header info which includes the Purchase Order due date. In the GroupHeader1 I have the Purchase Order line info which includes the line due date. What I need is if the line due date is Null or blank to default to the PO header due date. How can I assign the header due date to the line due date. Can I change the control source of the text box in VB programming. -- MNJoe Put the following expression in the first blank field in your query: ...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

Create rule to run script
I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup a rule in outlook that when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified folder? Thanks in advance what version? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outl...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:26:01 -0700, Sheryl <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay >you the fee. Sheryl Luckily for you, he can't, because he doesn't know your email address. Don't post it here, or even worse spammers than Steve will pick it up. I would recommend that you find someone (perhaps locally) who can help you, rather than paying someone who has habitually and constantl...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...

How to goto cell containing specific date
Thought I asked this before, but can't find the thread w/ my question or any replies... I have a worksheet wih a full year's dates in the cells running down a colum, with other data for each date in the the adjacent columns; Instead of scrolling up & down to a cell with a specific date I'm looking for, is there another way to goto a cell containing a specific date? (e.g., today(), or another specific date) In case this is pertinent: the date series begins with the entry of one date (e.g., 01/01/2010 in cell A1), with the dates in subsequent rows arrived at ...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Blurry text in Bold
Bold characters in excel cells are blurred (reduced clarity) regular text appears fine. Please advise on remedy I understand that Word 2003 has similar issues on regular font. (deactivate ClearType was solution for word) I cannot find any info regarding Excel 2003 in knowledge base ...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

Conditional Cell Fill?
Hello, Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? Thanks, Rusty Look at conditional formatting in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rusty Williamson" <rusty@uno.sd.znet.com> wrote in message news:RUGlb.45764$Z86.33887@twister.socal.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to use fill colors based on formulas? > > Thanks, > Rusty > > ...

Creating a time chart
Can someone tell me if this is possible. I want to be able to create a chart that represents a week. There will be seven bars and each bar will represent the day my business is open. I want to be able to enter starting times in one column, let's say column B and a quitting times in column C. These two columns represent Sunday. I want D and E to represent Monday. I'll do this for all seven days. Is there a way I can create a stacking bar chart (or any chart) that will place a bar representing that employee's shift in the chart. All bars will not start on the horizontal axis, b...

C++ References
Hey, I've planed to write a Class with full access to special variables, given in the Constructor. I know this way: Class-Element: int* test char* test2 Constructor: CClass(int* ptest, char* ptest2){ test=ptest; test2=ptest2; } Access in Class: *test *test2 I've want to realice this with references, because I want to access the data with test and test2. But I don't know how! Could anyone help me? Thanks Peter Meier peter meier wrote: >Hey, > >I've planed to write a Class with full access to special variables, given >in the Constructor....

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

how do i open a publisher file created in new version?
I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a download program I can get to translate these files? "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD8AEDC-8386-4E7B-9D12-DAF429B171A2@microsoft.com... >I get publisher files in new versions of publisher. I have publisher 2000. > I can't open these files but don't want to update publisher. Is there a > download program I can get to translate these files? There is not a download to tra...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

my CStatic class : how to create a derived class
I want to derive a CStatic (let's call it CMyStatic) class to create a static box with a white background. So thanks to the classwizard I have done a new class derived from a CStatic and I have overidden the OnCtlColor message like this : CMyStatic::CMyStatic() { } CMyStatic::~CMyStatic() { } BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyStatic, CStatic) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyStatic) ON_WM_CTLCOLOR() //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// / // CMyStatic message handlers HBRUSH CMyStatic::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { H...

can't create item
can't create item, when i hit a link to e mail on a internet explorer . i get the error mesge .cant create item ...