Create a List From a Grid

I have a worksheet of rows of customers and columns of products. There
are about 250 customers and about 100 products. Therefore, there are
25,000 cells of data. Each cell contains the dollar amount of that
product sold to that customer. I would like to create a 3-column list
of data that contains customer-name, product-name and dollars sold. The
number of rows in that list would equal the number of cells that are
non-zero. In other words, cells with zero dollars can be ignored. How
can this be accomplished? :confused:

--
Cecil
Cecil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29035

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Would a VBA code solution be something you could use?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Cecil"
wrote in message I have a worksheet of rows of customers and columns of products.
There are about 250 customers and about 100 products. Therefore, there are
25,000 cells of data. Each cell contains the dollar amount of that
product sold to that customer. I would like to create a 3-column list
of data that contains customer-name, product-name and dollars sold. The
number of rows in that list would equal the number of cells that are
non-zero. In other words, cells with zero dollars can be ignored. How
can this be accomplished? :confused:
--
Cecil

0
jim.coneXXX (771)

Create a List From a Grid
I have a worksheet of rows of customers and columns of products. There are about 250 customers and about 100 products. Therefore, there are 25,000 cells of data. Each cell contains the dollar amount of that product sold to that customer. I would like to create a 3-column list of data that contains customer-name, product-name and dollars sold. The number of rows in that list would equal the number of cells that are non-zero. In other words, cells with zero dollars can be ignored. How can this be accomplished? :confused: -- Cecil --------------------------------------------------------------...

vendor price list
where can i set up a vendor price list? So that when i am in purchasing I can set prices according to quantities? I found the customer price list with no problem, but i cant find a vendors price list. We use a third-party product for this called Vendor Price Management from Trinity. Works great and integrates with both the POP and PO Generator modules. Hope this helps. -Joe On Oct 11, 12:40 am, Mich...@nyresume.com <Michaelnyresume...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > where can i set up a vendor price list? So that when i am in purchasing I can > set prices according to q...

validate data from list without picklist
Is it possible to set up validation so that it only accepts as valid the entries in a list somewhere (Job codes) but I don't want a pick list. I just want it to reject as invalid any code entered that is not in my list of job codes Hi Tara choose data / validation choose list set the source and UNTICK in cell drop down Cheers JulieD "Tara Keane" <TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181134B2-D1AA-4573-8894-9F7AC442937F@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to set up validation so that it only accepts as valid the > entries in a list somewhere...

Drop Down List that has formatting of cell range Font ect.
What I am looking to do is create a drop down list that when it is clicked on the options reflect the formatting of the entries in the cell range not just the wording. For example if cell C5 is in Red font and cell C6 is in blue font then the drop down would be in red and blue font also. It would be even better to use the cell fill color of C5 and C6. I am setting up a form that I would like to be able to just glance at and see what task needs to be done next and color seemed to be the easiest way. Thanks Tom You could do some conditional formatting of the cell with the drop down ...

Reading pane does not match message list
I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all. I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import. All seemed to go fine. But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message. I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way. I've even rebooted the PC, but I still ...

Rebuilding the payee list?
Somewhere along the way Money 2007 rebuilt the payee list - that is all the payees that I had deleted from the payee list have returned. Since over the years I had spent a lot of time getting rid of old payees (especially after moving from the east coast to the west coast), I'm not too happy with having all this stuff reappear. I know the names are always there, but it seemed easier to match new transactions if all those old names were not being considered. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? I certainly don't want to spend time to do this again if its just going...

Packing List with Ship Method
Does anyone know how to modify the packing list to show the shipping method that was chosen? Or, does anyone have one they would like to share? Also, is there a way to add a column on the packing list next to the item column for initials. So our shipping guys can sign off each item as it is packed? Thanks for the help. Our first day of processing with RMS today! ...

Listing the links
How can I list all the Links in a workbook? Edit-Links shows the linked files but I need to know where the links are. Thanks! Robert Hi Robert, Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA add-in freely available at: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm --- Regards, Norman "Robert Seynaeve" <r.seynaeve@virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eJiIsV4AFHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I list all the Links in a workbook? Edit-Links shows the linked > files > but I need to know where the links are. > > Thanks! > > Robert > > ...

Listing all Fields
OK here is the problem. I have a table that has Key Table: KeyID KeyDescription Key Location Personnel Table: KeyID LastName FirstName I am trying to create a report that lists all keys and under that any personnel that have the key. Now I tried to create a simple report but every time I try to list "all" the keys, it only list them if there is are personnel related to that key. I want all keys listed even if there are no personnel connected to that key. HELP! BTW, I am a newbie and using the wizards are my main way of creating things. I can drag and drop controls on to fo...

Convert Excel list
I have an Excel mailing list ... entries on on individual lines. Is it possible to convert this list to the following format? me@mydomain.com,you@yourdomain.com,them@theirdomain.com, on and on, comma separated but with no spaces? Many thanks, LinK If less than 256, Copy ,Paste Special, Transpose, Save as .CSV. LinK wrote: > I have an Excel mailing list ... entries on on individual lines. > > Is it possible to convert this list to the following format? > me@mydomain.com,you@yourdomain.com,them@theirdomain.com, on and on, > comma separated but with no spaces? > > M...

Word wrap in drop down lists
I am using Excel from Office 97 in Windows XP. I am developing a spreadsheet with a number of drop down lists to enable the user to select pre-formatted text in a protected worksheet. This will eventually be used on line. The problem I have is that I cannot get the text to wrap within the display box of the drop down list. The box is not sufficiently wide to display it all but has plenty of height, so could do if the text would wrap. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks and regards. If these are data validation dropdowns, you could use a SelectionChange event to temporarily...

outlook 2003 block sender list
ok i am looking for the file location for the block sender list in outlook 2003 i am told it is Stored in mailbox as a hidden message if this is right how do i unhide it. Or if it is not there do you know where it would be. Please note i do know how to import and export the blocked sender list by going to tool- option- junk email- block sender. But this how every is not what i what to know i need the file location for Outlook 2003 Blocked senders lists. Thank you I recall reading about this in PC Magainze a few months ago. You might try a search at their website if you don't get ...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

create a rack diagram in Excel
I would like to create a rack diagram in excel. Is it possible and does anyone have any templates? ...

Creat a new worksheet
Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new worksheet named "New" Thanks Hi lashio ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add.Name = "New" -- XL2003 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "lashio" <lashio@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:EhYae.113497$cg1.25477@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new worksheet named "New" > Thanks > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:07:32 GMT, "lashio" <lashio@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new work...

Still Getting Junk at "Safe List Only"
After setting the Junk List options to only receive email from my "Safe List Only" I still get one or two junk emails. I have checked the safe list and these addresses are not on the list. Thanks for the help. Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6 "ADKR" <ADKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:379F2506-5A59-4249-BCE2-E6C9C39A207A@microsoft.com... > After setting the Junk List options to only receive email from my "Safe > List > Only" I still get one or two junk emails. I have checked the safe list > and > the...

Randomly Select cell from filtered list
I need help with generating a random selection of 10 entires from a list. I want the random selection to be able to select cell from the list when it is filtered. As an example I have 100 subjects in 5 different states. I want to filter out one state reducing my list size (by 20). I want to randly select 10 subjects from the filtered list which now has 8o subjects listed. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice GOT INTERFACE? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/35c59ac7-0594-4f40-8767-d64c223339e7/got-interface.aspx Excel 2007 PivotTable Select 10 subjects at rand...

Creating
Hello All, I have a worksheet of data with the following characteristics: --column headers --numeric and textual data --a "frozen" pane --some columns in which input is constrained by validation lists stored on other worksheets within the same Excel file What I need to do is make it so that each of the main worksheet's column headers present my Excel-newbie end-users with a simple dropdown/pulldown that allows them to sort (ascending and descending) all the rows across all of the columns, i.e. across the frozen pane line, across the validation-list columns, etc. In an ideal...

How to create image of windows ce 5.0???
hi i am newbee in the windows ce 5.0 .i have a system which have a windows ce 5.0 i want to store the image of the windows that is installed on the system.you can chcek the system as bellow http://wintec.en.alibaba.com/product/277764863-200077449/Mobile_Touch_POS_IDT600.html i want to store the system image file(NK.bin) to a desktop computer for backup purpose .Is there any software for windows ce 5.0 that can generate Nk.bin file during runing of windows (like Ghost software). waiting for reply thanks ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsce-platbuilder ...

Creating Rules via OutLook 2000
Creating rules using OL2000 gives a "Not enough space on server . . ." error, even when the logon has admin rights. What permissions have to be ste up & where to allow standard users to create, save and autorun rules? There's a 32k limit to the number of rules you can have. Looks like you've hit that limit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Stuart Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076c01c3c948$b18641a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Creating rules using OL...

Excel ODBC driver created table/data not persistent
I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. On closing the application however, the new table and its data are gone and the spreadsheet is never updated. Seems like everything is done in memory. I am using autocommit mode and issuing an ODBC SQLEndTran/SQL_COMMIT after both creating the table and inserting the data, as usaul and that works fine with all other ODBC data sources but not the Excel ODBC data...

address lists
How do I have a Group Name appear in the TO: box when I send an email to a group? Right now, I have the recipients initials in the Group, but when I send the email, each recipient's initials appear in the TO: box. Since Outlook does not use groups, you will need to explain what you mean by the term. If you mean Distribution List, you'll have to use the BCC field and a technique like the one described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q266339 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Aliq62" <usacc@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1f38601c4...

Re: Creating .VDX files outside visio
Chris Roth's presentation covers writing out XML that can be opened in Visio. Can you be more specific about what you need to do? -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Narendra Wagh" <narendra.wagh@yagnaiq.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <8f8f457eccc2478a8bf11d34b6c8e9c8@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:220.225.36.247 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet...

How create text block that disappears on first typeover?
I've noticed that wizards create some text blocks that disappear when a single character is typed over it, while other text blocks are normal, i.e. you have to select the entire block before it will disappear by typing a single character. Does anyone know how to create that kind of text block that cannot be edited (and disappears with any attempt to edit)? Thanks. Gilfner wrote: > Does anyone know how to create that kind of text block that cannot be edited > (and disappears with any attempt to edit)? Apart from by copying and pasting wizard-generated text boxen, this is not...

How do I create oversized Excel charts that will print directly
to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in printer options does not work. Do you have the appropriate drivers for the plotter? Something made for Windows and for Office Applications? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ solarex wrote: > to a large format plotter. Setting page size and setting paper size in > printer options does not work. ...