crash on conditional sum wizard

Hi,

I can think of no reason why Excel (2002) suddenly has decided to exit (even
wihtout asking to save te current workbooks!) every time I ry to use the
conditional sum wizard.

I have tried to uninstall he add-ins, then run excel, op en workbook, close
it and exit excel to make sure it runs without add-ins.

In a next session I reinstalled the add-ins. But when I click on conditional
sum wizard excel exits.

Can anybody tell me what is happening here?

greets

Sybolt

--
         ||//////||
         ( o o )

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It sounds like you may have an error with your installation. You may need to
do a repair or a complete uninstall and reinstall. I have found that do the
latter will lead to fewer problems. Are you the administrator on your
machine, if you are not that my be an issue. Excel is not seeing it command
library and therefore closes.

--
Thanks,

Anthony Gaston
agaston@email.uophx.edu
University of Phoenix
"Raise your role in life above your fear of an un-rewarded purpose." AGaston

"sybmathics" <s.hoitinga@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can think of no reason why Excel (2002) suddenly has decided to exit
> (even wihtout asking to save te current workbooks!) every time I ry to use
> the conditional sum wizard.
>
> I have tried to uninstall he add-ins, then run excel, op en workbook,
> close it and exit excel to make sure it runs without add-ins.
>
> In a next session I reinstalled the add-ins. But when I click on
> conditional sum wizard excel exits.
>
> Can anybody tell me what is happening here?
>
> greets
>
> Sybolt
>
> --
>         ||//////||
>         ( o o )
>          ( O )
>             -
>      (              )
>      (              )
> (______O______)

0
agaston (4)

crash handling FSCTL_INVALIDATE_VOLUMES after surprise USB disk un
Hi everyone, I am implementing FSCTL_INVALIDATE_VOLUMES for my on-disk filesystem and have managed to handle every case I can think of except the trivial one. I mean, I can handle forced dismounts from surprise disk removals (from e.g. unplugging USB disks) when there ARE open handles, but I've got a problem when there are NO open files on it. (I'd have thought would be simpler, but I've definitely messed something up.) If during INVALIDATE_VOLUMES handling I swap the RealDevice VPB and free the old one (a la FASTFAT AFAICT), I get a crash like this: **************...

Using conditional on ledger data

Outlook 2003 crashes #3
Outlook frequently crashes on my machine with "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" - this started happening about 3 weeks ago about twice a day but today it has crashed at least 10 times. I have tried Dectect and Repair, uninstalled and reinstalled it but none of this has made any difference. Anyone know how to put this right? Al What is logged to the Event Viewer? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 -- "PE" ...

conditional formatting with FORMULA... Please HELP!
Hi all, I have price data in rows like this (each price takes up a cell): 5 5.43 6 6.25 6.50 8 15 9.25 9 8.75 8.50 8.50 8.50 8.50 13 I need to show trends via conditional formatting where on 3 or more consecutive days prices fluctuate EQUALLY by 0.25 or more each time, up or down... IE, with the above data, I would want to "flag" let's say, in red fill color, the sequence 6, 6.25, 6.50 as well as the group 9.25, 9, 8.75, 8.50, but NOT the group of 8.50, 8.50, 8.50. I have tried if/and/or statements again and again and come close on simpler tre...

How to round & sum only the displayed (rounded) numbers
I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:57:01 -0800, ALG <ALG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a >formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I >try only calculates it based on t...

System crashed -Reload of Windows left out office
I have had a version of Microsoft office since 1994, the most recent version being Money 2000. I utilize this program every day to track my current and future financial info. When the system crashed I reloaded Windows 98, however, something must be wrong with my CD drive as it kept stopping, at various lengths, and saying Void-Retry- and something else in DOS (which I never did understand. My financial information is still in my favorites, as I save the info each day. When i try to open Money I receive a message, as follows: "This applicationm can not identify the end user identif...

template wizard
I want the customer's name and what particular item was sold to go into the database. The template wizard only allows the selection of a single cell to go into the database per name. Is there some way to get all the rows into the database? The template database will only store one row per record. If you're trying to store information, such as an invoice, in which there would be multiple items per invoice number, you could use a database like Microsoft Access. In it, you can connect a record in one table, to several records in another table. shawn modersohn wrote: > I want ...

Sum errors in Performance Investments reporting
A couple or errors have been introduced into the reporting section of Money 2000 Deluxe. These are summing errors that do not show in any accounts. They corrupt the total value of investments, realized gains/loss and percentage of gains. Is there any way to locate this erroronous data and eliminate it? ...

Move message to storage folder > CRASH
Most of the time I right click an email in my Inbox and select Move to Folder, Windows Live Mail (desktop app), crashes when I click OK to execute the move. When I restart WLM my Inbox still shows the message entry, although there is no message body. The folder where I directed the message to move contains a copy of the email (including message body) and the From entry appears within quote marks. The quotes do not appear in the opened message, only on the storage folder's message list. Any idea why this is crashing so often, or how to stop this behavior. This is frustra...

Sum of 6 moving cells
Good day to all, Sheet1: Column A is the date (from Jan 1, 2005 to the current date), Col B contains the hours worked on that date and Col C is hours worked for the last 12 days. I manually type in the hours worked everyday on Col B and there is a formula on Col C to add the last 12 days. There's about 45 units that I keep track of the hours worked. How can I show on a summary sheet, the hours worked of each unit as of yesterday? My problem is that the cell that totals the last 12 days moves down one cell everyday. -- ledzepe --------------------------------------------------------...

Tips & tricks conditional formatting
Tips & tricks conditional formatting I have txtbox1 I do for this text box conditional format Expression Txtbox1=txtbox1 Formating Font:Bold Color: Red This code work very good to color txtbox1 in the subform give me nice idea to color column My Question is: 1-Why this Expression Work Correctly? 2- this code work if there is a value in the text box if there is no value the txtbox1 become white the default !!! My question is how also color the txtbox1 where is no value? Mr. John W. Vinson [MVP] How are you I'm happy to hear from you .. You are really Very good Man ...

Recipient Policies with more than one condition #2
Hi Guys, Listen i just had a server crash and i now need to resetup the Recipient policys for the various domains, I need to make a custom filter for anyone in a spefiic security group, and if possible i also would like it to contain a attribute of 1 for the distribution groups? I had is setup before for Description and and group attribute 1? but i think the first one would be better? please let me know as i can't recall the custom script???? Thanks in advance. Greg Remer Can you post what you want to do? Members of SecurityGroup1 OR Members of DistributionGroup1?? -- Bharat Sunej...

conditional format cut& paste change? 2007 vs. 2003--relative formulas?
aack.. I went to 2007.. so far, ok- one I can't solve probelem. I have a cell with conditional formatting.. in part it reads =VALUE(RIGHT(FE2,4)) < 1-FE$84 time was (2003) if I selected that cell, copied-- went to another cell, paste special, formats then the 'fe' '2' 'FE' but NOT the '84' parts above would change relative to the new location so if I went one cell down, one cell right I'd get =VALUE(RIGHT(FF3,4)) < 1-FF$84 now when I do this same paste special, I'm getting all original values-- as if they all had $ in front of them ...

CAsyncSocket crashes when I go too fast
I can make my software work indefinitely - if I don't try to send too much data. I open communication. I setup a timer to send data. If I keep it below about 20Kbytes per second, I can go indefinitely. Somewhere above that and I get a gpf within seconds. I feel like there is some internal buffer that I am overflowing... I'm keeping it very basic. I'm not using the CFile classes. I'm simply sending data using the Send() and Receive() functions. Maybe you should post some code. Ali R. "Edward Schmitz" <eschmitzvcsupport@dac-systems.com> wrot...

Can't "edit" underlined value in Rules Wizard screen
Running Outlook 2002. I go to Tools, Rules Wizard, and highlight an email filter called Junk Email. The filter works well, no problem. However, I want to delete some email addresses from that particular filter. The instructions over the lower half of that display say "click on an underlined value to edit it." However, clicking on the "Junk Senders" value does not open it. What do you think is wrong? All the other values in all the other filters in Rules Wizard will open and allow me to edit them. Marc ...

Exchange rule deploy wizard unknown error
Hi, we have an installation of CRM 3.0 with language italian, and we have installed the EMail Router component on the exchange server. When we try to use the deploy wizard in order to create rule for CRM on exchange, all the users of our domain seems to be incorrect, but no additional description is given. The wizard show me an "Unknown Error" (!!??@##) 0x80005000. Nothing in the event viewer. Some one know what's the problem ? Thanks in advance. MAX ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

Please, need help with multiple "if" conditions
This spreadsheet has 5 columns. In Column B, "District," you input the number of a school district. There are 20 districts, so these will between 1 and 20, inclusive. Each district will appear many times in the column (there are over 1,500 rows). Now: Dave is assigned to districts 1,3,4,6,9,17 and 18. Bill is assigned to districts 2,5,11,12,14,15 and 20 Mary is assigned to districts 7,8,10,13,16 and 19. (I'm guessing at these assignments - the actual assignments may be slightly different) What I need to do is configure this spreadsheet so that when the district number is ent...

Conditional Formatting Dates 02-18-10
I am attempting to highlight past due dates (I am horrible with the formula's and can not seem to figure out how to NOT highlight if there is no information in the cell's) A1=Planned date and A2=Completed date Conditions I am trying to figure out 1. Would like A1 to highlight RED if less than Now and A1 is NOT BLANK or A2 is BLANK 2. Would like A2 to highlight green if filled out and less than or equal to A1 Thanks anyone that can help!!! Katie CF formula for A1: =OR(ISBLANK(A2),AND(A1<TODAY(),ISNUMBER(A1))) CF formula for A2: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2<=A1...

Two reports per page--conditionally
Hi, I have a report in Access 2002 which generates receipts for payments. The query it's based on pulls out records for payments between a given date range and with an "email receipt" field being set to Yes. I generate the report and then "print" it to PDF995, which gives me one receipt per page of a multi-page PDF. I then break it into individual PDFs with burstpdf for attachment to separate emails. What I'd like to do is combine two receipts which are for the same person ("member name", which is the primary key in the table) onto one page before turnin...

Sum and DateDiff
Hi, I doing a calculation in a query of the difference in times. I'm wondering if I can control the decimal precision to be just (2) places. The number I end up with is ie; 5.6666666666, can I have this to round off to something like 5.67? Here is the query expression I'm using for this; TotalTime: Sum(DateDiff("n",[StartTime],[EndTime])/60) Thanks you, On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:33:30 -0700, Kelly <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I doing a calculation in a query of the difference in times. I'm wondering >if I can control t...

Can I Sum by Cell Colour or Format?
I have a large list of values, these values have been colour coded. I would like to sum each of the colours seperately. I know i can add a filter, sort by colour & sum this for each coulour, but am wondering if there is a formula that would do this for me? Ashley, have a look here http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/sum-count-cells-by-color.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Ashley" wrote: > I have a large list of values,...

I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard.
I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard. (I ran once) How I can set the virtual server configuration back to default. Thanks, Holguer On Tue, 9 May 2006 11:58:02 -0700, Holguer W. Borja <HolguerWBorja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't run the Internet Mail Wizard. (I ran once) >How I can set the virtual server configuration back to default. > >Thanks, > >Holguer You shouldn't need to run it again. What is it that makes you think you need to run it again. ...

Conditional formatting problem 04-30-10
I KNOW I am being incompetent but must humbly plead for help: cell p3 has the number 412 in it cell t3 has the number 470 in it I want p3 to be highlighted in red if it is a number that is less than t3 so I used conditional formatting, use a formula, and wrote this for the formula, "=if<T3" and chose the format as the color bright, dark, pink and nothing happens I had copied the numbers from a webpage, so I tried using sugggestions from pervious questions/answers about getting rid of html codes: find alt + 0160, replace (nothing) and nothing happened I tried "d...

Copying image to cell
Hi. I am using Excel 2002 (XP). I would like to accomplish the following for some cells. If the cell is below a certain value, the cell value is CIRCLED in green. If the cell value is above a certain value, the cell value is BOXED in red. I can achieve the boxing in red by using conditional formatting of the cell borders, but I cannot figure out how to accomplish the circle. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mike. One way: put this in your worksheet code module: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Const CERTAIN_VALUE = 100 Dim cell As Range Dim shp As ...