Counting Text Entries #2

Fantastic, thank you so much

--
JackJJ
JackJJW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27655

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Deal with text characters that are greater than chr(127)
I am dealing with a spreadsheet that is downloaded from another application. The parent application allows html text and includes some bullits. When this text is downlaoded to an excel spreadhseet the bullits are converted to the followng text string: • The � is chr(128) and the � is chr(162) (I may have these reversed?) but I have not been able to determine the code for the �. But indepedent of not knowing the code for the one character I'm having trouble dealing with these characters. Using a manual search for just one character nothing is found. I'd like to replace...

How Do I Pass Data Between 2 UserForm's
Greetings, I am trying to pass data from a TextBox on UserForm1 to a Label on UserForm2. At this point UserForm2 cannot see the TextBox on UserForm1. How can I accomplish this? TIA -Minitman If both forms are in memory, you can reference with Label1.Caption = Userform1.Textbox1.Text on userform2, or Textbox1.Text = Userform2.Label1.Caption on userform1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message news:79ta10dqjvvuvda...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in outlook? #2
Richard Zaw Lin <Richard Zaw Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Click the Recurrence tab and fill in what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

Type hidden text and/or numbers; return asterisks
I want to type a name or series of numbers or a combination in a cell without anyone that may be standing around seeing what I am typing in and have it return asterisks (or another character). This would be like entering a password for an application and instead of the characters you are typing, you would see asterisks for example. The data being typed into the cell might be used in a formula elsewhere in the worksheet. I've hidden the formula bar so that you can't see what's being typed in there. And, I tried adding a custom format to the cell that returned single quotes acros...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #2
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ----------------- R//If you're doing this using mailbox management, you can setup admin notification by populating "administrator" field in server properties | mailbox management tab. R//Bharat had an excellent suggestion, just make sure to leave it on "do nothing" other than generating that report.:p Some users might be pissed to see ma...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

Serialisation auto formatting #2
Hi, I'm trying to serialise some objects and I've can't get the built in serialisation to output exactly what I want. For the moment I'm implementing the IXmlSerializable interface and doing it the long way. For future reference is it possible to specify how a property should be formatted when being serialised? Example: In the following code I want the Time property to be formatted not to the default .ToString() but to .ToUniversalTime().ToString("r") [Serializable] public class Test { [XmlElement("time")] public DateTime Time; } I was wondering is t...

Undoing Bank Reconciliation #2
Hello: I know that you cannot undo a Bank Rec once it is done for a period. Also, TK says that all you can do is enter the new Bank Statement Ending Balance and reconcile that one "new" item that needs reconciling for that period. So, is there any sort of third party tool out there that will allow this feat to be accomplished? At a minimum, if the Bank Rec cannot be undone, it would be nice if you could view the impact of the new transaction for that period against that period's Bank Rec that has already been conducted. Thanks! childofthe1980s what KB are you referin...

GP Dynamics 9 and Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? Chris, Should be no problem, we have customers running it with GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D4E1BA-CF22-45EE-97F2-9BE2244D590D@microsoft.com... > If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our > current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? thank you for quick response.... much appreciated! "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Chris, ...

Font Size #2
When setting a new appointment the font is 12 and I would like it to be 10 by default. I am talking about the large area they give you for any notes at the bottom of the screen. Can this be changed? -- Paul Ingram DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED (902) 488-3166 Web: www.dnssystemsltd.com Email: dnssystems@ns.sympatico.ca ...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Unable to start processing services. #2
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. ...

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

Common caledar entry
Is there any way for me to put a calendar item on everyone's calendar without any intervention on their part. We use both Outlook 2003 and OWA on an Exchange 2003 server. Thanks for any insights. ...

Displaying long entry in Task Pad
Is there a way to have task pad "word wrap" and show long entries on multiple lines. My to-do list items are often too long for the space allowed. This problem extends to printing as well as the on-screen display. ...

Array Formula isn't summing but counting
I need to sum information based on several other criteria -- accoun number, sort codes, company names. The array formul {=SUM(A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0))} returns a count rather than a sum Does anyone know of a way get it to add my data rather than countin how many? Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to sum column E try the array formula =SUM((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0)*(E1:E25)) or a non array formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0),E1:E25) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to sum information ...

In Excel, how do I get rid of duplicate records? Based on text r.
I work with long lists of people's names and addresses for marketing. I would like to find a shortcut to get rid of duplicate names and addresses instead of manually looking at each record. I looked at Functions and found Exact but that just identifies duplicate records and I find the functions to be complicated if not shown how to create the proper syntax. Thanks. You might like to have a look at Chip Pearson's web page on working with duplicates - http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Hope this helps cheers JulieD "White T-Bird Kitten" <White T-Bird Kitte...

Autofit/Text Wrap
I have two sentences typed in a cell which has been formatted to autofit row height, and wrap text, and yet the cell will not adjust to two rows of typing, a total of 32 words, or a total of 146 characters including spaces. I don't think that's too much to type in a cell in Excel. Any ideas? One can only guess what the problem is. But I suspect the spreadsheet might be protected. >-----Original Message----- >I have two sentences typed in a cell which has been >formatted to autofit row height, and wrap text, and yet >the cell will not adjust to two rows of typing...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

Counting text in a column
I used to think I was good at Excel until this stumped me. I have a column with a variety of text in each cell. Example: A1 bob bob ted ted ted charley charley charley charley, etc. Is there a formula or way I can take the whole column of data and hav it come back with something similar to: bob = 2 ted=3 charley=4 etc. for all the variables in the column? Please help, I am dying over here -- prom4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prom4x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2901 View this thread: http://www...