Count if question

I am trying to get a formula to count the number of outstanding letters by
member of staff.

I am trying to use the countif function with the isblank function (ie the
date of response isn't filled in).

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4,&(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20)))

where sheet 1 col D = officer initials matched to col A

Is there an easy answer to my question? If you require further details
please ask.

Many thanks in advannce

Jody

and sheet1 col F will either be blank if no response has been made or
contain a date of response.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4),--(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20)))

--
HTH

Bob

"traineeross" <traineeross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get a formula to count the number of outstanding letters by
> member of staff.
>
> I am trying to use the countif function with the isblank function (ie the
> date of response isn't filled in).
>
> =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4,&(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20)))
>
> where sheet 1 col D = officer initials matched to col A
>
> Is there an easy answer to my question? If you require further details
> please ask.
>
> Many thanks in advannce
>
> Jody
>
> and sheet1 col F will either be blank if no response has been made or
> contain a date of response.

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
6/13/2007 5:46:05 PM
Brilliant worked perfectly, many thanks fro all your help.

Jody

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4),--(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20)))
>

> --
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy)
>
> "traineeross" <traineeross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to get a formula to count the number of outstanding letters by
> > member of staff.
> >
> > I am trying to use the countif function with the isblank function (ie the
> > date of response isn't filled in).
> >
> > =COUNTIF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$20=$A4,&(ISBLANK(Sheet1!$F$2:$F$20)))
> >
> > where sheet 1 col D = officer initials matched to col A
> >
> > Is there an easy answer to my question? If you require further details
> > please ask.
> >
> > Many thanks in advannce
> >
> > Jody
> >
> > and sheet1 col F will either be blank if no response has been made or
> > contain a date of response.

Count File Names
Hi All, I having an issue with version control on Buisness cases. I currently have a spreadsheet that looks into a folder and picks up details from a number of files. However, they require version control numbers so there will eventually be multiple files say 2010-01 v1.0, 2010-01 v1.1. Is there a way I can: 1) Get a macro to count the number of 2010-01 files there are in the folder, and 2) Get my version control sheet to look at the latest version of the file (in this example: 2010-01 v1.1) Cheers, Chris See if this code works. I assume that 2010-01 is year and month. ...

Another Access Question
Hi Everyone, Is it possible to place the front end (forms) of an Access Databse on a web page, so that users can log on via the net and enter data into the forms. I am guessing that the front end would have to stand alone but not sure ! Any advice would be great Thanks will07 <will07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to place the front end (forms) of an Access Databse on a web >page, so that users can log on via the net and enter data into the forms. I >am guessing that the front end would have to stand alone but not sure ! Can't be done using...

look up question #2
I have a list of people with their system rights in the next column by group. Each person may have more than one type of right in the list as follows John Smith Edit Joe Doe Submit Cathy Dory Edit John Smith Submit As you can see above, John Smith has both edit and submit rights on this list. What I am looking for is a formula where I can look down the list of names and find all instances of John Smith and then it can tell me if John Smith ever has edit rights or ever has submit rights. What I would like it to do is return a 1 if he has edit rights a...

Yet another Lotus macro question
I have for the most part converted to Excel but have a simple macro that on the surface cannot be converted. The Lotus macro used a database, template and list of branch names. The macro itself started with the name of the first branch, copied it to the template, sucked in the data for that branch and then printed the report. Then it went down to next name on the list and repeated the process until it reached the bottom of the list. In Excel it seems to indicate I have to repeat the steps for each and every branch on the list and not loop back through a 8 line macro that refers to the ...

question about spam
How is it that spam sent to one mailbox will end up in another not mentioned in the "to" address. In other words how is it that spammers get mail destined to Bob in Jim's mailbox? In news:y9CIg.1194$Cq4.62@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net, Mostro <ovelozpleasenospammingme@glasnospampleasefloss.com> typed: > How is it that spam sent to one mailbox will end up in another not > mentioned in the "to" address. In other words how is it that > spammers get mail destined to Bob in Jim's mailbox? The BCC field. It can be used for evil as well as good. ...

Count ifs
Hi I have a list of data shown below, in 2 cloumns. I want to do a count if to show the total people in each department and location i.e. COUNT the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and PRODUCTION and then the number of occurances of people in HEAD OFFICE and FINANCE and so on.... Many thanks Location Department Head Office Production Birmingham Sales London Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Finance Head Office Sales Head Office Sales Head Office...

NMHDR question about hwndFrom
the documentation says that the hwndFrom attribute is the window handle to the control sending a message. I have a toolbar sitting on a property page. the toolbar is sending the message. Am I correct in assuming that the hwndFrom is the property page? I am having a problem obtaining the window handle of the property page. From the toolbar, I am calling CWnd* pOwner = GetOwner(); fh.hwndFrom = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); When I run the debugger pOwner correctly has the value CMyNotesPP, which is the parent window. When I step through the next line hwndFrom has a value in it but when I click th...

CDC::GetTextExtent question
Hi, I have a function that is to resize a status bar text pane when setting text dynamically. GetTextExtent() seems to think the text is almost twice as wide as it actually is so it leaves too much white space. How come? This is my func.: BOOL CMainFrame::SetStatusText(UINT nID, LPCTSTR lpszText) { int index = m_wndStatusBar.CommandToIndex(nID); if (index < 0) return FALSE; UINT nIDRet, nStyle; int cxWidth; m_wndStatusBar.GetPaneInfo(index, nIDRet, nStyle, cxWidth); ASSERT( nID == nIDRet ); CSize sz(cxWidth, 0); CDC* pDC = m_wndStatusBar.GetDC(); if (pDC) { sz = pDC->...

Datasheet question
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Not that I know of, but you could emulate it by creating a new form with a form header (unbound - no rowsource) and place a subform in that form displayed as datasheetview. Maurice "Phil Hunt" wrote: > Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? > > Thanks > > > No but you can fake it by putting the datasheet form in a subform = control on an unbound main form - Put whatever you'd like on the main = form. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Phil Hunt" &l...

newbie question on multi-dimensional array
Hi all, I have a real lame question about multi-dimensional array operation. Suppose I have defined a two-dimensional array "Array(10,10)". If I want to use the Excel function "Average" to compute the average value of Column, say 10, of that 2D array, is there any way to realize it? I tried "Application.Average(Array(:,10))", but apparently the Excel doesn't like that. (You can see I am a Matlab guy, so please don't laugh at me:) ) Any comments are extremely welcome. -- sammus ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 tasks view question
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, I am able to define a customized view of each column, under the Tasks section. Is it possible to share the same customized view of the Tasks with other users? In other words, when other users open a shared view of a Task, I want them to see the same column structure as I see. If it is possible to propagate or share my defined view of columns, can someone describe the procedure? Thanks kindly. Joseph There is not an easy "copy this to everyone" command but its possible. When you create the view, use the option to share it with everyone. When they vie...

A few small questions
I have an Excel document with many tab (actually it look like a database, before any other thing no I can't move it to Access (corporate reasons). I also have a restriction to avoid using macro!!!! First is there a way for footer or header information to include info from cells in the speadsheet. Second you can define info to repeate at the top, what about at the bottom of the page. Third the sheet that serve for report can have up to 8 pages, can the printing zone be define by a cell value, so that page x of y (the y part be other than 8). I have the database part in a sheet bu...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

formula question #7
Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should the formula be? Hi, Assuming that your data is in row 1, columns A,B,C, with C being the latest data, Try using conditional formatting in cell C1 with the "Formula Is" =IF(AND(C1<B1,B1<A1),1,0) HTH >-----Original Message----- >Is there a formula that can change the color of cells if >revenues drop three months in a row and if so what should >the formula be? >. > Formula only needs =AND(D1<C1,C1<B1,B1<A1) you don't need t...

Layout Question Please
Outlook 2003 When I am in the Monthly calendar view I have three small month calendars in the left hand pane which is fine. If I click the folders button on the left, the folders pane shows on the left with the full calendar view on the right which is how I want it. The problem is that in the left pane on top of the folder list it still shows on of those small calendars which takes up room from my folder list and I cannot see all of the folders. How do I configure it so the left pane is all the folder list and does not include the small calendar? Thanks in advance... Bob I don't th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

xml question?
what is the equivalent of this in C# ? foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) Thansk Sorry I made a mistake here is what I want to convert to C# For Each Node In XmlDocument.Item("configuration").Item("appSettings") "Ray5531" <Ray5531@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:elPIiezOFHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > what is the equivalent of this in C# ? > > foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in > xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) > > > > Thansk > > Hi Ray,...

Back Order Question
Hi, Have a back order question. Normal back orders are working right. In that if you have 10 and the order is for 15. During the lineitem transtaction it will put 5 in the backorder field automatically. What we need is if the customer orders 15 and we have 20, but only ship 10. We want the BO field to automatically fill with 5. Is this possible. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland It depends on how you fulfill and if you have cancel and bo enabled in the document types. If you have these enabled and are using Use Separate Fulfillment, you can select 10 to ship and set 5 to BO. T...

Dynamics GP 10 Reporting Question
I heard reporting in GP 10 is upgraded. Does anyone know if it will be anything like Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager where you can send any report to like Sql reporting services or crystal? ------=_NextPart_0001_70733CB7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I haven't heard anything at all that reporting in 10.0 will be changed. While I guess it's possible, I would assume for now that there won't be any big changes in general. I would expect more MS Office & SQL integration in the next version for sure, but I can't see everything rewrit...

Array range error question
When i try to redim my array i get an out of range error. can someone tel me why? Cells A1..A10 are filled with strings. thanks much Sub Get_names_array() Dim names_array() As Variant 'dynmanic Dim j As Long ReDim names_array(5, 1) j = 0 Range("A1").Select For i = 1 To 10 names_array(j, 0) = ActiveCell.Value names_array(j, 1) = ActiveCell.Address arraylimitFirst = UBound(names_array, 1) 'returns current dimension of 1st array limit, init = 5 If j >= arraylimitFirst Then ReDim Preserve names_array(10, 1) ' << RANGE ERROR ...

Newbie Remote Assistant and Desktop Questions
i Folks: Developing C++ on VS 2008 Pro, XP Pro, Win32. I have a client that recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, on his laptop. I recommended he get Ultimate so I could run Remote Desktop over the Internet. This is before I actually tried using Remote Desktop. After getting Remote Desktop up, I see that I really want, to help my client, is Remote Assistant. Both Remote Desktop and Remote Assistant are now running fine with two XP PCs on my LAN, using my Internet address, to connect. I've cobbled together port numbers requiring...

Just a quick question
I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. Brian, If your data is in "B5:D14"... =SUM(B5:D14)/COUNTIF(B5:D14,">0") Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Brian Shafer" <brian.shafer123@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:u5UCb.386665$275.1243012@attbi_s53... > I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, > and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. > > Brian, If your range actually...

Counting number of worksheets in a Excel 2007
Dear Sir, I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to count the number of worksheets in a Excel. I deals with some taxation matter wherein I need to have hundreds of sheets in a file. Thank in advance. From within Excel code, Worksheets.Count will return the number of worksheets in the workbook. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Y D" <Y D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C3A4B9-22F4-4643-8850-BD340C4659C9@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > I am using MS office 2007, and want to know what is command/formula to >...

=CELL("filename") function related question
Is there a function in Excel that only picks up the sheet name in a workbook? I realised that =CELL("filename") function provides the full path, workbook & the worksheet information. Thanks in advance for any help & suggestions. Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html In article <1105122023.529944.145500@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "wfcpyc" <wfcpyc@yahoo.com.au> wrote: > Is there a function in Excel that only picks up the sheet name in a > workbook? I realised that =CELL("filename") fun...

Licensing Questions
I'm building an iSCSI host for a client of mine, and was wondering what the license requirements would be. Here is he question, If I install my iSCSI host software (in this case StarWind) on a windows 2003 Platform, what kind of license do I need, ie do I only need the OS license or do I also need CLIs. Since no actual "User" will be accessing this Server Directly (they might be using a VMDK stored on the host LUN, but that would be via my VMware servers... basiclly, I'm using the iSCSI host, to host disk space for 2 or 3 VMWare ESXi hosts, hosting 2 or 3 VMs which...