Count dates by monthes ?

hi,
i have to columns date and name (ex : Andy - 03/01/79)
i would like to count all Andy's cells of every monthe (january=3,february=2
....)

How can I do it ?

0
hasdou (1)
8/20/2007 7:20:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Make sure you have headers, then select the table and do data>pivot table
and pivotchart report. Click next twice and select layout, drag names and
dates into the row field and drag names into the data field as well, right
click any of the cells with a date in the pivot table and select group, then
group by month

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"hasdou" <hasdou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i have to columns date and name (ex : Andy - 03/01/79)
> i would like to count all Andy's cells of every monthe
> (january=3,february=2
> ...)
>
> How can I do it ?

0
terre081 (3244)
8/20/2007 8:03:08 PM
Since you have months you want to group you would probably get a better
looking table if you put the time header in the column field

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Make sure you have headers, then select the table and do data>pivot table
> and pivotchart report. Click next twice and select layout, drag names and
> dates into the row field and drag names into the data field as well, right
> click any of the cells with a date in the pivot table and select group,
> then group by month
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "hasdou" <hasdou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hi,
>> i have to columns date and name (ex : Andy - 03/01/79)
>> i would like to count all Andy's cells of every monthe
>> (january=3,february=2
>> ...)
>>
>> How can I do it ?

0
terre081 (3244)

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

Simple Access counting queries

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

date/time formatting

count if a match occurs
Hi! I have two rows - say Row 1 and Row 2. In the first row I have a answer key. In the second row I have answers from a student. I would like to write a formula where it counts how many answers student got write. Here is a example: Row 0: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Row 1: 1 4 2 3 4 1 Row 2: 3 4 1 3 4 1 So student marked 4 questions correctly: Q2, Q4, Q5 and Q6. Hence, the formula should return 4. I know one way to do it but I am sure there is more efficient way to do it. The way I know: Use if statement to compare two corresponding entries and output 1 if...

Count Age Grouping
I have an access 2k database in which I need to count groups of records of individuals by that age groups such as 14- 20 no of individuals 21-30 no of individuals 31-40 no of individuals 41-50 no of individuals 51-60 no of individuals 61-70 no of individuals 71-80 no of individuals 80+ no of individuals I have both DOB and Age fields in the table I have tried several queries but with no luck and ideas On 19 Mar 2007 16:51:49 -0700, "Nemesis_uk" <nemesis_uk@ntlworld.com> wrote: >I have an access 2k ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Counting the number of times more than 1 variable occurs
I need to determine how many Separations were processed by a particular salesperson. A | B 1 MIKE | SEPARATION 2 MIKE | LEAVE 3 SARA | SEPARATION 4 JOE | SEPARATION 5 JAMIE | LEAVE 6 MIKE | LEAVE 7 JOE | LEAVE 8 SARA | SEPARATION The only way I can think of is the COUNTIF Funtion *COUNTIF(-range,criteria-)* =COUNTIF(A1:A8,(A1:A8="MIKE")*(B1:B8="SEPARATION")) This does not work though. The results return 0 with no errors when the answer should be 1. does anyone else know of a wa...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

win7; money plus deluxe; monthly report failures
When using Microsoft Windows 7 and Money Plus Deluxe v17.0.120.1415. I'm trying to prepare my monthly reports. I get the error, "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added". Win7 has IE8. IE8 > IE6. Shouldn't this work? I searched for this error elsewhere and couldn't find it, or its resolution. Any tips/tricks would be great. thanks... P.S: I know Win7 is Beta and that with Beta's come issues like this... I have the same problem and I wish there was a fix for it. Does anyo...

Counting number of words in a sentence and highlighting or commenting
Hi, I found some old code, from Helmut of Bavaria I believe, that is supposed to find long sentences in a document: Sub test002() Dim rDcm As Range ' the documents main story range Dim oWrd As Object ' a word Dim oSnt As Object ' a sentence Dim oPrg As Paragraph ' a paragraph Dim lWrd As Long ' a counter for words Dim lSnt As Long ' a counter for sentences Dim lPrg As Long ' a counter for paragraphs Set rDcm = ActiveDocument.Range For Each oPrg In rDcm.Paragraphs lPrg = lPrg + 1 lSnt = 0 For Each oSnt I...

Calculate age as of a date certain
Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be calculated? -- Joe S. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0EC4F9E5-2E60-448A-A107-7B085BC764C5@microsoft.com... > Employee benefit enrollment requires the age of each employee as of a > specific date, such as 1/1/2005. Given the date of birth, how would this be > calculated? > -- > Joe ...

Conditional formatting a date range
If I have a column of dates that are manual entered what is the formula to conditionally format them based on a date range of three months before the current date to the current date and another three months after the current date to the current date? Assume the dates are in column A, starting with A1. Highlight all the dates, with A1 as the active cell, and click on Format | Conditional Formatting. In the dialogue box you should select Formula Is rather than Cell Value Is and then enter this formula: =3DAND(A1>=3DTODAY()-91,A1<=3DTODAY()) Click on the Format button and choose the ...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...