Copying one cell to muliple cells #2

Cell a1 is a date cell. Cells b1-b30 are date cells. What I am trying to do
is every time that I enter a new date in Ai, I want it to go to a blank cell
in b column and not over write the dates that are already there.

   A                          B
2/3/04                  1/6/04
                            1/20/04
                            1/25/04
                            2/3/04

0
glenndys (5)
8/22/2004 3:55:18 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this>format col B as desired date
>save.
Now when you put a date in a1 such as 8/1, the last cell+1 in col b will get
that date.

Private Sub Worksheet_change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Address <> "$A$1" Then Exit Sub
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row + 1, "b") = Target
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"GW Dyson" <glenndys@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Cell a1 is a date cell. Cells b1-b30 are date cells. What I am trying to
do
> is every time that I enter a new date in Ai, I want it to go to a blank
cell
> in b column and not over write the dates that are already there.
>
>    A                          B
> 2/3/04                  1/6/04
>                             1/20/04
>                             1/25/04
>                             2/3/04

0
Don

Special One-Time Buys
Hi, Currently, when you buy a product via a PO at a specific price, that price at which the product is received becomes the new CurrentCost and the Last_Originating_price and is the new price automatically entered on subsequent POs. This is fine when that price is indeed the new ongoing price, but we often have special buying opportunities that are temporary. I only want the price to work for that one specific PO and I do not want this price to be used on subsequent POs. Please allow users sto select whether or not the price is one-time or ongoing, so that we don;t have to remember t...

I should be able to get this one but I can't
I would like your comments on the posting by Dave at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/4fa4d2a1-c066-43ed-aa3f-150b828f6789. In my case, KTVL-DT also broadcasts as K47LDD. I can receive either one, but certainly should, since I can plainly see K47LDD tower 9 miles away. However sometimes I can tune K47LDD and then KTVL-DT and a good results. "Stan McIntosh" <StanMc@isp.com> said this in news item news:#dxs4i5kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I would like your comments on the posting by Dave at > http://social.answ...

Two Dialog Resources, one dialog object?
Can someone please tell me if it is possible to have two dialogs in my resource view that link to the same dialog object? or will I have to implement a 'dialog functionality' object that is called from my event methods? I want to allow my users to choose from two different sized dialogs (one large, one small) depending on their registry settings. The dialogs would essentially be the same, with identical controls, just different layouts. Alternatively, is there any way to dynamically 'scale up' my dialog whilst still allowing it to be edited in resource view? I am using Visua...

Money 2006...Multiple fund numbers but only one account number
I have several differents funds held at the same investing institution. When I try to set-up online services for one of these accounts Money only allows me to set-up one fund at a time. I need to set-up all of the funds at the same time but I can't figure it out. If I set up one fund from an account online updates occur, but only for that fund not the entire portfolio. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, KenTiffJelt wrote: >I have several differents funds held at the same investing institution. When >I try to set-up online services for one of these accounts Money...

Is It Possible? #2
Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by typing in the "2" and have it now have a value of 6? I'm trying to avoid having a list that adds and then link the total cell. I've never done this and don't recall ever seeing it done. press F2 and then key in +2 in the cell following the current contents documike wrote: > Is it possible to have a cell that's accumulative...in other words, if I > have a cell that has a value of 4 and I want to add 2 to it by t...

Determine cells that drive conditional formatting?
Example: Cells A1:A4 have conditional formatting set up that states if they are equal to cell A10 they will be highlighted yellow. Is there a way to quickly see what cells drive conditional formatting? In other words, we can use Edit -> Go To Special to see which cells have conditional formatting applied; however, this doesn't show us that A10 is involved. Since there isn't a formula directly involved, we can't trace precedents/dependents. Can we only know that A10 is involved in the formatting of A1:A4 by selecting those cells and going into the conditional format...

Count "," in a cell
Dear expert, Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? I used this ... but does not work =COUNTIF(FO93,",") Say below ... can it be solved? 2,5,3 22,25,5 5,2,3,4 Try this… =LEN(FO93)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(FO93,",","")) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Elton Law" wrote: > Dear expert, > > Is it possible to count "," in a cell please? > > I used this ... but does not work > > =COUNTIF(FO93,",&qu...

Outlook Rules Problem #2
Hi there, I am using Win XP Pro with Office 2000 Pro, all updates applied. During the last few weeks I've had problems with e-mails being automatically put into my Deleted Items folder, from one specific address for which there is nothing in the Block Senders list and no Rule either. I have had to disable the "automatically empty deleted items folder upon exit" in order to prevent these e-mails from disappearing into oblivion. Every day they keep going in there. I often use OE6 to create HTML e-mails and I bcc these in order to capture them in Outlook to eventually go into m...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

text to fit in cell
How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able to print the page with all of the words in the cell even if it has to make the cell larger, without going over into the next cell. How do I do this? Hi goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and check 'Wrap text' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DaveB wrote: > How do I make the text fit in a cell. I want to be able > to print the page with all of the words in the cell even > if it has to make the cell larger, without going over > into the next cell. How do I do this? Dave Format>Cells>Alignm...

Totaling cells from separate worksheets to master form
If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it? Nelson Suppose those values are in F10 on one sheet and in G6 of the other sheet, then put this in the appropriate cell of your master sheet: =3DSheet1!F10 + Sheet2!G6 to add them both together. If your actual sheet names contain spaces you will need to include apostophes around the sheet name, like: =3D'First Sheet'!F10 + 'Second Sheet'!G6 Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 21, 10:31=A0pm, snake941 <snake...@discussions.micros...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL?? #2
I have several calendars in public folders that I would like to get listed in the GAL. My goal is to leave them in public folders, AND list them in the GAL so that users can invite them as resources when creating meetings. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!!! Have you mail-enabled the Public Folder? Once you do that, it should show up in the GAL. That aside, you can invite the PF's as resources all you want, but you will never be able to see Free/Busy information, and the PF's will not be able to accept meeting requests. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Bigfoot moe.ron&...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

Logo On receipt #2
I am unable to print our store logo on to our receipts. It will show in manager but not print in manager. The image is monochromatic B&W. It is under the 20k regulation. It is correctly directed in administrator. It shows in the preview under database – registers - receipt - formats - 40 column - properties – properties. It is listed in the logo filename header and has “” around it. I go to print and no logo on receipt and no space for the logo. It will also not print in Store Operations, nor will it show on the receipt in journal viewer but it will show on the receipt in journal vi...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Format Excel cells
Anyone could help me to solve this problem : How to format the selected cells so that it allows other users to "paste values" only(number from 0 to 100) to the cells. It rejects "paste" function which put formula, format etc into the cells. Thanks a million ! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Event Log Error #2
We have recently upgraded a client to Exchange 2003. We used one of the MS guides to help with the process. All seemed to have gone well except we are now getting the following Event error... Source:MSExchangeMTA Event ID: 9318 An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 202, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name EXHANGE01 [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We have removed the server named in the text using the method pre...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

CRM Mobile 1.2 and territory codes
By default when choosing Terrirtory Code as a criteria in a CRM Mobile Accounts form the only choice is "default value". How can this list be populated with the correct value of Territories? ...

cells changing from number to date
I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/?? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com... > I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous > cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? ...

Problem
i all I am having a strange issue with my excell file since a while. This is the second year I am using it without problem. I start a workday with a new sheet so every morning I just copy (Edit/Move or Copy Sheet) the latest sheet, rename it and use it. All of a suddent when I perform this operation I have a prompt that says "a formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaa', which exists in the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name?" I would hit yes to proceed, then I would get over 50 other prompts with differ...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice #2
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001"...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...