Copying numbers from Excel to Word

Hi,
I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them 
from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the numbres to Times New 
Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of 
HEBREW.
Is it a bug?

Thank you,
Tamir :-) 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




0
Tamir
1/12/2010 10:27:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
952 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 3

Hi Tamir,

If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, I'd expect them to retain that attribute; if not, try 
pasting the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text.

I'm not familiar with the Narkisim font, but I'm aware that some Hebrew fonts use only the standard ASCII character set, rather than 
an extended Unicode character set. This can be recognised from the fact that the Times New Roman representation of these characters 
is mostly a jumble of latin characters, whereas hebrew from a font using an extended Unicode character set should look much the same 
when rendered in Times New Roman. Perhaps that has something to do with your problem?

-- 
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]


"Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:OaGsYH3kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the 
> numbres to Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of HEBREW.
> Is it a bug?
>
> Thank you,
> Tamir :-)
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
> 

0
macropod
1/13/2010 1:02:18 AM
Hi,
Thank you for the answer.
The problem is that I am pasting tables from excel into word. I can strip 
the formating by using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text , but then I 
loose the table format and have to rearange the tables from scratch.
The problem is that the nubers are pasted as ENGLISH instead as HEBREW 
characters.
Tamir


"macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:eE%23uyv%23kKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi Tamir,
>
> If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim 
> font, I'd expect them to retain that attribute; if not, try pasting the 
> numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, using 
> Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text.
>
> I'm not familiar with the Narkisim font, but I'm aware that some Hebrew 
> fonts use only the standard ASCII character set, rather than an extended 
> Unicode character set. This can be recognised from the fact that the Times 
> New Roman representation of these characters is mostly a jumble of latin 
> characters, whereas hebrew from a font using an extended Unicode character 
> set should look much the same when rendered in Times New Roman. Perhaps 
> that has something to do with your problem?
>
> -- 
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>
>
> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message 
> news:OaGsYH3kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them 
>> from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the numbres to Times New 
>> Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of 
>> HEBREW.
>> Is it a bug?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Tamir :-)
>>
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
>> signature database 4762 (20100111) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
> signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
> 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




0
Tamir
1/13/2010 8:03:32 AM
Hi Tamir,

If you're having to update the tables on a regular basis, you might consider trying Edit|Paste Special > 'Paste Link' and choosing 
an appropriate link format. You should be able to find one that retains the Excel format. Plus, the Word document will then update 
whenever the source data changes.

-- 
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]


"Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:%23atMnbClKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Thank you for the answer.
> The problem is that I am pasting tables from excel into word. I can strip the formating by using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted 
> text , but then I loose the table format and have to rearange the tables from scratch.
> The problem is that the nubers are pasted as ENGLISH instead as HEBREW characters.
> Tamir
>
>
> "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:eE%23uyv%23kKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Tamir,
>>
>> If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, I'd expect them to retain that attribute; if not, 
>> try pasting the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with the Narkisim font, but I'm aware that some Hebrew fonts use only the standard ASCII character set, rather 
>> than an extended Unicode character set. This can be recognised from the fact that the Times New Roman representation of these 
>> characters is mostly a jumble of latin characters, whereas hebrew from a font using an extended Unicode character set should look 
>> much the same when rendered in Times New Roman. Perhaps that has something to do with your problem?
>>
>> -- 
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>
>>
>> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:OaGsYH3kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>> I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the 
>>> numbres to Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of HEBREW.
>>> Is it a bug?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Tamir :-)
>>>
>>>
>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________
>>>
>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
> 

0
macropod
1/13/2010 8:41:42 AM
Thanks.
I am familiar with this option. It is not the case though.
The tables are not frequently updated, they are been put in the company 
yearly report that is mainly edited in word.
Thanks ,
Tamir :-).


"macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
news:%238LVgwClKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Tamir,
>
> If you're having to update the tables on a regular basis, you might 
> consider trying Edit|Paste Special > 'Paste Link' and choosing an 
> appropriate link format. You should be able to find one that retains the 
> Excel format. Plus, the Word document will then update whenever the source 
> data changes.
>
> -- 
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>
>
> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message 
> news:%23atMnbClKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> Thank you for the answer.
>> The problem is that I am pasting tables from excel into word. I can strip 
>> the formating by using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text , but then I 
>> loose the table format and have to rearange the tables from scratch.
>> The problem is that the nubers are pasted as ENGLISH instead as HEBREW 
>> characters.
>> Tamir
>>
>>
>> "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:eE%23uyv%23kKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi Tamir,
>>>
>>> If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim 
>>> font, I'd expect them to retain that attribute; if not, try pasting the 
>>> numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, using 
>>> Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text.
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar with the Narkisim font, but I'm aware that some Hebrew 
>>> fonts use only the standard ASCII character set, rather than an extended 
>>> Unicode character set. This can be recognised from the fact that the 
>>> Times New Roman representation of these characters is mostly a jumble of 
>>> latin characters, whereas hebrew from a font using an extended Unicode 
>>> character set should look much the same when rendered in Times New 
>>> Roman. Perhaps that has something to do with your problem?
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Cheers
>>> macropod
>>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>>
>>>
>>> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message 
>>> news:OaGsYH3kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy 
>>>> them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the numbres to 
>>>> Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters 
>>>> instead of HEBREW.
>>>> Is it a bug?
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>> Tamir :-)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
>>>> signature database 4762 (20100111) __________
>>>>
>>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
>>> signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>>>
>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
>> signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus 
> signature database 4767 (20100113) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
> 



__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4767 (20100113) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com




0
Tamir
1/13/2010 7:30:25 PM
Hi Tamir,

Have you tried repairing Office (in Word/Excel 2000-2003 its Help|Detect & Repair, In Word/Excel 2007 it's Word/Excel 
Options|resources|Diagnose)? Is your Office installation fully updated?

Perhaps if you define a suitable Style in Excel and a corresponding Character Style in Word for the numbers, copying & pasting would 
work as expect.

If none of the above helps, I'd suggest posting the query in a Hebrew-language newsgroup or forum.

-- 
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]


"Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:ePz1dbIlKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thanks.
> I am familiar with this option. It is not the case though.
> The tables are not frequently updated, they are been put in the company yearly report that is mainly edited in word.
> Thanks ,
> Tamir :-).
>
>
> "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:%238LVgwClKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Tamir,
>>
>> If you're having to update the tables on a regular basis, you might consider trying Edit|Paste Special > 'Paste Link' and 
>> choosing an appropriate link format. You should be able to find one that retains the Excel format. Plus, the Word document will 
>> then update whenever the source data changes.
>>
>> -- 
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>
>>
>> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:%23atMnbClKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>> Thank you for the answer.
>>> The problem is that I am pasting tables from excel into word. I can strip the formating by using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted 
>>> text , but then I loose the table format and have to rearange the tables from scratch.
>>> The problem is that the nubers are pasted as ENGLISH instead as HEBREW characters.
>>> Tamir
>>>
>>>
>>> "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:eE%23uyv%23kKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi Tamir,
>>>>
>>>> If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, I'd expect them to retain that attribute; if not, 
>>>> try pasting the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, using Edit|Paste Special|Unformatted text.
>>>>
>>>> I'm not familiar with the Narkisim font, but I'm aware that some Hebrew fonts use only the standard ASCII character set, rather 
>>>> than an extended Unicode character set. This can be recognised from the fact that the Times New Roman representation of these 
>>>> characters is mostly a jumble of latin characters, whereas hebrew from a font using an extended Unicode character set should 
>>>> look much the same when rendered in Times New Roman. Perhaps that has something to do with your problem?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Cheers
>>>> macropod
>>>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Tamir" <tanaba@012.net.il> wrote in message news:OaGsYH3kKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the 
>>>>> numbres to Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of HEBREW.
>>>>> Is it a bug?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>> Tamir :-)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________
>>>>>
>>>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>>>>
>>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4765 (20100112) __________
>>>
>>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4767 (20100113) __________
>>
>> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4767 (20100113) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
> 

0
macropod
1/13/2010 8:35:24 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

Problems calculating a converted html table to Excel XP (2002)
I have a generated report off the web that must be converted into Excel. When the report comes up initially it is in a .asp format. I save the report off the web in HTML format. Then open excel, then go to file -> open and browse for the file that I just saved. The report opens fine with all data showing up as is. However when I try to go and calculate a column of numbers, the answer that I get is 0. So if I go and add up say this list of numbers which is : 5, 7, and 8. The sum should be 20. Instead I get 0 everytime. I have tried to format the cells to be numbers instead of gen...

Excel #122
How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 With the cell selected, press Ctrl-1 or choose Format | Cells from the menu In the left panel of the 'Number" tab on the dialog box that's presented, choose 'Number' and then, in the rihgt panel, select the # of decimals you want displayed. "stickybun" wrote: > How do I get the the last two zeros to appear in cell i.e 10.00 ...

Excel in multiple sessions
A collegue is attempting to access data using vlookup in a spreadsheet from a second spreadsheet which is opened in a separate session on his workstation. It appears that multiple sessions of excel can't 'see' each other. Collegue needs to have multiple sessions as he uses lots of spreadsheets with LOTS of formulas. Attempting to open these sheets in single session usually results in crashes and lost work. Does anyone out there know anything about this? Using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional sp4. Thanks =vlookup() worked ok for me--but by having the workbooks in separ...

no number 1
I came across a program for generating Lottery numbers and tried adapting it for the game we play which has 15 games with 6 of 45 numbers per sheet, but unfortunately I can''t find it again in the Excel forum The formula entered at *A1* and dragged across & down to *F15* was: =INDEX(ROW($B2:$B41),RANK(I2,$I2:$AL2)) At *H1* the formula entered and dragged across & down to *AK15* was *=RAND()*, I found that by putting more than 30 columns it generated numbers higher than 45 This program will generate random numbers 2 to 45 but I can't get it to bring up a 1.. re calculates...

Round a number
It may sound silly but I can�t find a solution to this: I need to round up a number when the decimal part is greater than . but it needs to be round DOWN when the decimal part is equal or les than .5 Example: 1.5 = 1 1.6= 2 12.4= 12 12.8= 13 Can anyone help me?? Thank's in advance Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe.. =IF(MOD(A1,1)=0.5,INT(A1),ROUND(A1,0)) -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Thanks Rich. Now I have another problem, my excel is in spanish and I can't find th function MOD, can you tell me what it does or better do you know th name of that func...

How do I add row total when cell contains both number and letter .
I have a timesheet spreadsheet. Cell contents include hours and coding. Example: 8 (8 hours regular pay-no letter) or 8V (8 hours vacation pay). I want to have a total at the end but my formula will only read the cells that don't have a letter after the number. If the text value is always "V" you could use something like =SUM(IF(RIGHT(A18:A21,1)="V",VALUE(LEFT(A18:A21,LEN(A18:A21)-1)),A18:A21)) entered as an array formula (control-shift -return) If there are other codes than just V, it gets a little more complex. if the coding is never more than just one charac...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Excel 2003
When I click on the end of a formula in a cell, I usually get all the associated cells highlighted with different coloured borders. I have one workbook with several sheets where this no longer happens on just one sheet. Is there some option I need to turn on in the sheet to make the coloured cell borders appear? Or might it be something to do with very recently using automaic update to bring my Office 2003 up to date? Any assistance much appreciated. Tom Walker You should always get *exactly* the same actions if you would click in the formula bar. As far as having the cell itself h...

Excel 2003
Hi all Excel Gurus, I need help. I have an excel workbook with a sheet called template and i want to create a button to copy a selection of data which is B9:B34 and i need it to paste the information to another excel workbook with a sheet called data which will be A:AA and add each row when pressed. When the data has been copied over i need it to close the data sheet. Can someone help me please? When you copy a range of cells you only have to specify in the destination l;ocation the 1st cell of the range like I did below. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() FName ...

Type hidden text and/or numbers; return asterisks
I want to type a name or series of numbers or a combination in a cell without anyone that may be standing around seeing what I am typing in and have it return asterisks (or another character). This would be like entering a password for an application and instead of the characters you are typing, you would see asterisks for example. The data being typed into the cell might be used in a formula elsewhere in the worksheet. I've hidden the formula bar so that you can't see what's being typed in there. And, I tried adding a custom format to the cell that returned single quotes acros...

excel 2002 data filter
hello this is the case if i have in column A data like this: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com http://www.abc.com ok. When i press select complete column A and then select DATA - FILTER - ADVANCE FILTER - UNIQUE RECORDS ONLY i get folowing result: http://www.cba.com this is not what i want. I want to get folowing result: http://www.abc.com http://www.cba.com u see what i meen? Can u help please and thank you very much!!! On Feb 14, 2:10=A0am, Ivanko <Iva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hello > this is the case > > if i have in column A data lik...

as400<iSeries db<ntWS<macro<excel tools
i have an inventory of appx 1000 serial numbers. using keystroke recording, i can populate 2 - 6 fields on 4 green screens to complete a process on one serial number. is there a way to tweak my macro to incrementally continue, automatically, from a list stored in an excel workbook on the client? would be very grateful for fresh ideas. Show us your macro and some data details. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ayeFayze" <ayeFayze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7688E31B-F5AD-491F-A9E8-9B03AA0168D6@microsoft.com... ...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

Copy or Move
Dear All I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without coppy or cut and paste thanks You can use a macro to copy or move the data for you. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Fareez" wrote: > Dear All > I have lot of work sheets in one excel work book , i want all work sheet in > one sheet. is there any possiblities to move all sheet to one sheet without > coppy or cut and paste > thanks > Hi, look into Ron web http://www....

How to get the Mainwindow of Excel via COM ?
Hello there, I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow of Excel. Now Im using CWnd::FindWindow("XLMAIN",NILL). But is not there a COM-Function ? Thanks Mark I dont know if there is a function but that will be available thru the Object Model of Excel if its exposed by it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mark Henning" <mhenning@gmx.net> wrote in message news:unG$y6NNEHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello there, > > I didnot found a methode in the Exel VBA-Documentation to get the MainWindow > of E...

SQL Reports in Administration & Excel Crashing
I am using GP 10 and have recently deployed SQL Reporting Services reports in Dynamics. I have a problem when I go to access the reports. In GP 10 after going into Administration and Custom Reports, I get a message that Excel 2007 has crashed. I am not sure why since I am not trying to access Excel 2007 at that time and do not have it open. I realized that that is not an Excel forum, but hoping someone might know a solution due to how Dynamics is relating to Excel in this area that would cause this problem. I had Excel problems that seem similar to your's. I had an Excel...

Project 2007
One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points during the project (Reoccurring task won't work in this case). Is there a way to copy and paste his extensive note information without having to open the Task Information window each time? Selecting the task row to copy and paste won't bring over the notes. In article <8FB23A12-C779-4370-9749-D9758403B352@microsoft.com>, Mikel Anne <MikelAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > One of my students has some tasks which will be repeated at different points > during the project (...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

How to set Read-Only Recommended as default save in Excel 2002?
How do I set Read-Only Recommended as default to save files in Excel 2002? Thanks. This is not a global option. Must be done on each workbook. One way around this is to open a new workbook then save as a Template with the options you want. Name the workbook BOOK and save as MS Excel Template(*.xlt) Do not enter the extension, Excel will do that for you. Store in your XLSTART folder and it will become the template for all workbooks when opened via File>New Note: this will not affect previously saved workbooks. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:11:01 -0700, "flyaj&q...

Excel 2007 & XP/Vista
I hope this is the right newsgroup for this posting, my apologies if not. If I open a workbook in Vista (which also loads Common Macros.xlsm via XLSTART) and then open another workbook this also opens the same instance of Excel. However, if I then try open a workbook in an email attachment another instance of Excel loads and I get the message "File in Use - Common Macros.xlsm is locked for editing" and I am given the option to Open Read Only, Notify or cancel. In my XP installation everything opens within the one instance of Excel without any problems. Is there anything tha...