Copying Formulas In Pivot Table

Working in a pivot table where I have formulas pulling from other
fields within the pivot table, can I copy the formula to range of
cells without having to enter the formula in each cell?

I keep getting an error that I cannot copy/paste or drag the formula
across the table.

Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How can I copy Double-Click event behavior to multiple shapes in Visio
Hi, How can I copy the double-click event behavior to many shapes in my Visio drawing? I'd rather not have to visit the ShapeSheet for each shape and paste the formula into the EventDblClick field, since I have a lot of shapes to do this to. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Joe Either write some VBA code to set the Dbl-Click property or try Visio's ShapeStudio that comes with the SDK kit. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/com...

Formula to count occurences of sickness
Hi all, Hope you can help - I have limited excel knowledge and I'm stumped with a request from my boss: I have a stsff sickness/leave monitor spreadsheet. It has a summary worksheet, and 12 monthly sheets. On each monthly sheet I have staff names listed in column B (B4 to B40), with dates in row 3 (Example January runs from C3 to AF3). In each row I currently enter a 1 for a full day holiday, 0.5 for half a day holiday and "S" for a days sickness. Sums for holidays and sickness are shown in the summary sheet. I need to show my boss occurences of sickness for each mem...

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

formula help.
I have a number of formulas in my weather spreadsheet but I want to combine a couple and seem to be getting in a bit a muddle, I wonder if someone could help. Basically I have a column that converts wind speed from m/s to knots after determining the maximum value, this works fine until this entry is missing (no report), the formula then returns '0'. In these such cases I would like it to return a 'x' to signify 'No report' The formulas look something this atm... =IF(COUNT(C10, H10, N100)=0,"-",MAX(C10, H10, N10)) then I want to include something like: =MS_t...

Formulas don't automatically update
Any ideas on this one? We are using Office 2003 - formulas will not update/calc until a save is done, then they work at that moment. Is this a setting that can be changed? Thanks in advance Hi Monica have you checked tools / options / calculation tab and ensure that calculation is set to automatic? Cheers JulieD "monica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b9401c48b7e$82ac0bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any ideas on this one? We are using Office 2003 - > formulas will not update/calc until a save is done, then > they work at that moment. ...

Formulae, conditional formatting & macro security
I've used conditional formatting based on a simple formula like =$B6=1. Now Excel warns me of macro viruses and I have to choose whether or not to enable macros before opening this spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure this formula is the cause because I've tested it in a spreadsheet that contains nothing else except the two cells under test (B6 and the cell I'm formatting). If I change the formula to a constant and use "cell value is" then the macro warning goes away. I certainly haven't created any macros in the workbook and if there were any presumably the warning woul...

Need Formula
Hey guys, I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this setup: The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on duty. Okay, cell K6 is the ...

Evaluation Copy
I've having difficulty obtaining a copy of an EVAL for this product. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? All I've found is a CD that contains flash demos. Thanks in advance. Any reseller can provide an evaluation copy. To locate a reseller in you area, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mbs/retail/detail.mspx Click the "Buy" button. At the bottom of this page, there is a link to find a reseller in your area. Just put in your zip code and select "Retail Management" and you should get a list of local and national resellers to p...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

Formulas not calculating periodically
I have Office 2003, this started a couple of weeks ago that simple formuls like Sum or =A1+A2, etc, will not calculate. These are worksheets that work when I have them open and then a little while later will not work when I open them again. I can close and not save and then try to open them again and the formulas will work the next time (sometimes I have to open and close it 4 or 5 times before it works). It seems to be happening more frequently now. I checked that autocalculate is checked. Even hitting F9 will not work. Could be a virus on your computer or in the Exce...

Compounding Formula problems
Does Anyone know a formula for Calculating monthly compounding and Semi annual compounding, but not in advance. Thank you Ryan goto help>contents>functions>financial functions> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ryan Sheepwash" <RyanSheepwash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E435AB3-3A18-4F16-A254-3BFAE1030B01@microsoft.com... > Does Anyone know a formula for Calculating monthly compounding and Semi > annual compounding, but not in advance. > > Thank you > Ryan Are you looking for the monthly payment? If so,...

Copy certain rows to new worksheet
Hi everyone I have 5 worksheets in my workbook. In each sheet, column A is left empty for the user to select a number from 1 through 6. This is actually for ranking the rows (1 being best, 2 second best and so on) Ranks 1 to 6 might be all on one sheet or they may all be on different sheets. I would like to have a summary that will copy these rows (1 through 6) onto a separate worksheet, done by macro or vba. Perhaps by looping through each worksheet and doing a copy?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave On Sep 15, 6:03=A0am, Dave <Dave.Bea...@lhsc.on.ca> wrote: > Hi ev...

Pivot Tables: Unable to Group and Show Detail
I am trying to group a column of dates by year and month, and I've done it before and it's worked fine. But now it's saying "Cannot group on that Selection". I checked the data and it's in date format and there aren't any blank or null values. It seems like this is a bug because I've done it before with the same exact data. Have any of you had this problem? What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Lis Is it possible that some of your dates are actually text that look like dates? Save the file. Then, in a blank cell type =ISNUMBER(A1), where A1 represents one of...

Can you reformat order of items in Pivot Tables after refresh?
When I set up pivot tables for time reporting entries at work, there are often new projects that come in weekly, and every time that I refresh the report, the new items do not show up in alphabetical order in the drop down list (in the Page Field). Do any of you know if it's possible to reformat the order of these items without having to rebuild the report? I'm dealing with about 200 projects, and it becomes very difficult to sort when new projects are added at the bottom while the rest are listed alphabetically. I'd GREATLY appreciate any ideas! : ) Drag the page fi...

Excel Table/Chart to JPEG for Web
I'm looking for a simple (read cheap) program that I can copy/paste or print into and adjust the pixel count (keeping aspect ratio) and resolution (dpi) for upload to web in jpeg format. Ideas? 1. Use gif or png, which are designed for line art and similar images, not jpg, which is designed for photos and is terrible at line art. 2. If you know VBA, you could use a command like this one from the immediate window or within a procedure: ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart001.png", "PNG" 3. Check out John Walkenbach's Chart Tools utility, a...

Graph x Data table
I have a problem. My graph doesn't keep the number format of the data table. I want to compare different concentrations as 10 until 10000 using 10 raised to a power of 1, 2, 3 and 4. In the table I've got it, but in the graph the number doesn't stay raised. How is the solution for this problem? Thanks a lot, Sania I would suggest eliminating the data table and building a similar type of table using worksheet cells. The worksheet cells will allow much more flexibility with how the data is shown. Assuming an embedded chart, when you want to copy or print your graph you will ...

how to copy cell with remark
Hi All How to copy cell with remark ? Excel : 2003 moonhkt On 1=E6=9C=8813=E6=97=A5, =E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=8810=E6=99=8226=E5=88=86, moonhkt= <moon...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All > > How to copy cell with remark ? > > Excel : 2003 > > moonhkt More Infrormation. I open two instance of Excel.exe. For compare excel side by side verify and copy. The remark or comment can not copy between 2 excel instance. When open 2 file in one Excel.exe, the comment can able to copy. After serious thinking leung eric wrote : > On 1月13日, 上�͈10時26�Ȇ, moonhkt <moon...@gmail.com>...

Ctrl Select and Copy Paste
I have a list of email addresses in Excel. I need to select non-adjacent email addresses and copy them into another program. I select them using the Ctrl key - but when I paste them into the other program it pastes all the addresses between the first one I select and the last one I select. I've tried pasting into Word - but I receive the same results. Does this copy/paste feature only work within Excel? Hi, I never noticed until your post. If you select as you do now with the Ctl key and paste into empty columns in Excel then copy THAT group, you'll get what you need. Qui...

how do i arrange survey data best for a pivot table?
There are pivot table instructions and links on Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Mormonchick wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

FP Can't Close Table Message
Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP FP means "Forms Processor." The subsystem within Dynamics that processes the controls, tables and business logic associated with each form within Dynamics. The reasons for FP's in-ability to close a table can vary widely. If you have a reproducable problem (i.e. it occurs regularly) you should discuss the problem with Dynamics support. "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know what causes the...

copy&paste from other program+loop
hi! I want to import data from specific cell in another program. THis cell changes value once every second. What I would like to do is to import this value every time it changes to a new cell in excel. The time when this new value is added shall be added to another column next to this value. Can I do a copy&paste macro from an external file? Can anybody give me something to start with? best regards Anders --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hmm... Mayby it's too hard. Does anybody know the name of a program that cap "copy what you do (ex. mouse click, copy a...

How do I copy a customized Print format over to a new worksheet?
any assistance would be appreciated? Lots of print settings can be "Copied" over by grouping each sheet -- select the one with the correct page layout first. Then go into File|page setup and hit ok. Then ungroup your worksheets. If the worksheets are in different workbooks, copy the "master" to the other workbook, then do the work, and delete that copied worksheet. Jon Beard wrote: > > any assistance would be appreciated? -- Dave Peterson ...

Macros & Tables
I'm doing a project in Access with 2 tables. In the first table each person is assigned an ID Number using "AutoNumber". In the second table, services the client requested are listed using that client's ID Number. My instructions say that there is a way for the ID Number that was assigned in the first table to automatically be entered into the second table using a macro. Can someone tell if it possible to use a macro for this, and if so, how? Thanks! Rather than working directly in the tables, you could do this using a main form to display the Person info, and a subfo...

A get/change next operation on table 'POP_PO' is for an invalid ke
Hi: I am trying to setup PO Enhancement in one company. After marking on Activate Approvals and hitting on OK button, the process runs, but at 2% run it gives me above mentioned error. This is with the one company. Other company is ok, I ran it and worked fine. What could be the reason. Thanks Naseer Ahmed ! I would recommend that you have all users logged out of great plains and then Run Grant.sql which should be on any of the client machines. Having done that, try the process again. If you are still stuck, let me know how you get along with it. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" w...

save access pivot table view as new table
Hi, 1. Is there a way to save Access's pivot table view as a new table. I'm using access 2003 2. Also is there a way to define the option provided in excel pivot tables "For empty cells, show" in Access Pivot table view OR in the cross-tab qery? For the first option you could use a maketable query. But remember a pivot is dynamic so the next time you could have more or less columns. So if you want to use the outcome you have to run the maketable query with every change made in the underlying data. For point 2 I'd advice you to look for the option to add a 0 for the...