Copy Worksheet to Preserve Page Set Up

I have a workbook with a very detailed worksheet that I want to copy
onto addtional worksheets to run different scenarios.  I can easily
copy the worksheet but it doesn't preserve the detailed page set up for
printing.  How do you get it to copy the page set up too?

Thanks

0
TCNICHOLS (6)
4/26/2005 5:10:45 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Uzytkownik "TiChNi" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> napisal w wiadomosci
> I have a workbook with a very detailed worksheet that I want to copy
> onto addtional worksheets to run different scenarios.  I can easily
> copy the worksheet but it doesn't preserve the detailed page set up for
> printing.  How do you get it to copy the page set up too?
>
> Thanks

did you try to right click on sheet's name and copy to new/ another
workbook?
macgru

0
macgru (28)
4/26/2005 5:48:34 PM
No, I want all the sheets to be in the same workbook but don't want to
have to reset the page setup on every single new sheet.  I want the
page set up (margins, headers, layout, etc.) to be copied with the
original worksheet data to the new sheets.

0
TCNICHOLS (6)
4/26/2005 6:14:27 PM
TiChNi

Just right click on sheet tab and "move or copy".

Checkmark "create a copy".

Page setup will be copied also.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 26 Apr 2005 10:10:45 -0700, "TiChNi" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>I have a workbook with a very detailed worksheet that I want to copy
>onto addtional worksheets to run different scenarios.  I can easily
>copy the worksheet but it doesn't preserve the detailed page set up for
>printing.  How do you get it to copy the page set up too?
>
>Thanks

0
Gord

Copy Picture problems
I've written a macro which copies a selected range in Excel 2000 and and paste it as picture in Power Point. CopyPicture is used and the macro works OK apart from that all columns are not always included in the pasted picture. Grouped columns and selection of visible cells only is used in Excel. e.g from Range A1:Z15 12 visble columns are selected. A different number of columns can be included in the pasted picture when different users runs the macro. Thanks in advance for any help. Mats "MatsN" <MatsN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8F...

copying calendar and contact data from Outlook 98 to outlook xp
I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client in windows 98 client. I am running Outlook XP, or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002. I need to begin moving setting over. I need to move my contacts and calendar and other stuff over. Any thoughts on how this can be done? I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client within windows 98. I am running Outlook XP (or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002) within Windows XP. I need to b...

can only see master page in Publisher 2003
I am running win XP Pro sp2 and Office XP Pro sp2 on two differen PC's. about 10 days ago I updated to IE7, Now when I open publisher files, I find that I can only see master pag in all the multipage that opened ok 2 months ago. However I can still open on a pc running Office XP Pro sp1 and IE6 IE7 killed my HP Director software (download new HP premier printe file) and windows defender started hogging 50-90% of cpu time (deleted) any idea -- David Thew found problem, "View....Status Bar" "David Thew" wrote: > > I am running win XP Pro sp2 and O...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Setting up Conference Rooms as Resources in Exchange 2003
Hello, I've spent a considerable amount of time fishing around for a document I had once found describing a Microsoft add-on to Exchange 2003 that would allow us to set up conference rooms, projectors, etc., as resources to invite or schedule in Outlook. Does anyone know where this went to? So far I can't seem to find it. Many thanks! Auto-accept Agent Admin & Deployment Guide http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/autoaccpt.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "AJWS" <AJWS@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Automatic backup copy
Is there an automatic backup copy functionality in excel? I know there is an automatic recovery feature, but I can't find an auto backup. I'm looking for a function, like in word, that automatically creates a backup copy of your file. Craig File>Save as...>Tools (At top of save as dialog)>general options...Always create back-up -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "craigq" <craigq@seanet.com> wrote in message news:1105727341.080920.26720@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there an a...

worksheet has 1 page of data but is 84 pages long
I have several worksheets in a workbook but 1 worksheet is 84 pages long with only data to fill 1 page. What can I do to reduce it to the single page it really is? Hi Donna, What happens if you select all empty cells, Clear All, save, close then reopen? Ken Johnson Most likely there is a cell somewhere that inadvertently got filled with data somehow. The fixes for this are: 1. Define the print range to include just the real data; or 2. Highlight, then delete or clear all the columns to the right of your desired data, and highlight and delete or clear all the rows below your desired data....

How do I compare data in two worksheets to find matching cells?
Each day I work with two worksheets. One is a list of numbers that is given to me by someone else. The other list is something I make myself, again it is a list of numbers. I need to know if there is a way I can compare the data to find out if any of the numbers I input on my list match up to the ones on the list I am given. I am aware of the "Find" function, but I'm working with lists of hundreds of numbers, and it's really annoying to take each one and "find" it on another worksheet. Any answers? Hi Gary, See Chip Pearson's Tagging Duplicates page. In ...

Filtered Mode Copying and pasting as value yield as error?
Dear All, While in filtered mode copying cell that consists formula and converting them into values yield as following error. Copy and paste area are not same so error. Is there any code or macro that can convert the cell consisting formula into value. Note:- The cell is in Filtered mode. Please assist? Rgds, Alighak06 I had the same problem and this macro worked for me, Range("------:------").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Selection.Copy Range("------").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, O...

Copying a column from several similar sheets into one sheet
I have several worksheets in one workbook and I want to merge/copy one column from each worksheet (the same column) (Like this, just imagine more columns with more data on several worksheets Date 06052003 Actual 13 FMT 12 % 87 ) and put these columns into rows so that each worksheet's data will descend vertically (EX: Date Actual FMT % 06052003 13 12 87 06062003 12 15 89 06072003 11 17 90 That's what I want, Please help me to do it. ...

Rows to repeat getting cut off on 2nd page
I set rows 1-3 to repeat on all pages, but on the second page, it is getting cut off a few columns in.any suggestions? thanks! ...

setting up tax tables in RMS
I have a client who has special tax needs. $0-$1600 is taxed at 9.25 $1601-$3200 is taxed at 9.75 $3201- and above is taxed at 7% so for example- for a $3,300.00 item- the tax would be $311.00. How would I set this up in RMS? Help! Thanks Andrea Andrea, Create 3 Sales Taxes. Sales Tax 1 Minimum Taxable Amount = None Maximum Taxable Amount = $1,600.99 Tax Rate = %9.25 Sales Tax 2 Minimum Taxable Amount = $1,601.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = $3,200.99 Tax Rate = %9.75 Sales Tax 3 Minimum Taxable Amount = $3,201.00 Maximum Taxable Amount = None Tax Rate = %7 Assign all of these taxes to one...

naming a worksheet
i want to control how the sheets are named, for instance how do i ensur that when i click on Insert Worksheet i will get a worksheet with le us say the name 'Prapti' instead of Sheet1,Sheet2 etc. Also can i change the last nos of the sheet, for instance if i creat Sheet3 and then delete it , the next sheet is created with the no Sheet4 and not Sheet3, how can i change tha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Sub NameNewSheet() Dim sName As String Dim wTemp As Worksheet Sheets.Add.Name = "wTemp" sName = InputBox("Name of new s...

fix biz portal 2.5 copy req funct. is very buggy
When using the copy functionality of a saved requisition to create a new one, the newly created req becomes corrupted and does not flow through workflow. The creator become the last to update and the currently assigned to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Protection of worksheets
Can worksheets be protected by one password rather than passwords for each worksheet? I am using certain ranges allowed to be edited/used by the user but not all worksheets are the same usable ranges. Possible based on my current settings for the worksheets, can be protected by one password and yet the data will continue to update itself? Tired of entering the password for all sheets to change things! Hi, Here are 2 custom routines which will help you protect and unprotect all the worksheets in the currently open workbook in one go. Sub MyProtect() Dim sht As Worksheet Fo...

setting up common headers
I have a template set up that displays and prints six reports. Each report contains a header showing: Name of Client Account# Title of Report Date Range of Report Currently I have the header set up in each worksheet and I input the data for each report. I'd like to streamline this if possible, The client name and number remains the same across all reports The Title is specific to each report and does not change. On some reports the date is a range and others it is either the beginning or ending date of the specified range. I'd like to input the Name, Number and date range ...

Adding pages to Web site after converting from newsletter
In Publisher 2002, it was possible to add a specific type of page to your Web site after converting from a publication, but I can't figure out how to do this in Publisher 2003. I can add duplicate or blank pages, but I don't see how I can add a Related Links page. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb um... Insert Menu, Page, select Related Links from page type menu, click OK. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "barb" <barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C0AA764-1C39-4A79-A69E-CB63B65F0F3B@microsoft.com... > In...

Tabbed Pages Not Refreshing
Access 2007, with two tables. Table A has field1 as the primary key field Table B has field1(same as field1 in table A) and field2 as a dual primary key. The two table are joined via an inner join using field1 (1 to many) A form has been created, towards the top is field1 plus other fields from table A The form has 5 pages below, with field2 on each page. If I create a new row on the first page of the paged portion of the form, and enter a value into field 2, it will not show up on the other pages unless I navigate to the next record on the main portion of the form and then go ...

Subreport out of synch when manually jump page numbers
I have a main report with a subreport, linked Child-Master. My report & subreport works fine if I use the Next page button. It also works fine if I manually enter the NEXT page number. But the problem is when I manually enter a page number that is not next in line (jump 2 or more pages). My main report jumps to the correct number, but my subreport does not jump -- it only increments by one. Here is the situation Load report Month = 1 Report = 1 Subreport = 1 (Good) Hit next page button Month = 2 Report = 2 Subreport = 2 (Good) Enter the number 8 to jump pages Month = 8 Report = 8 ...

i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers
i want to set conditional format to cells containing odd numbers 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula =MOD(A1,2) 4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your color (say Red) 5. Hit OK PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional Formatting>Manage rules>New...

Re: How to print e-mails without a logo or page numbers please.
ICAgICAgICAg ...

Excel Linear Regression by set slope (not intercept)
Hi Guys is there a way in excel to get the linear regression function to specify a function based on a set intercept (say =1), instead of a set intercept. I believe this ability should have been included in excel from day 1. Answered under you post to microsoft.public.excel.misc. Please do not separately post the same question to multiple newsgroups. Jerry "Ben" wrote: > Hi Guys > is there a way in excel to get the linear regression function to > specify a function based on a set intercept (say =1), instead of a set > intercept. > > I believe this ability s...

page numbers 11-30-09
I am trying to write a book and I am using landscape view with 2 columns. I want each column to be it's own page. How do I number each column or is that even possible? This is not the correcy use of Columns, search for "Book Fold" in the Help, this may be more useful. This format is used for booklets, etc. Tip, ignore any reference to Master and Sub-documents, this feature is very buggy. If the book is going to contain a large number of pages, I would create the book first in a "normal" layout, i.e. no columns, etc. and sort out the layout at the end of t...

Setting up signatures that I have control over
Hi. I have Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for Students and Teachers and I have been trying to set up Signatures for Outlook ever since I got it. In the past when I had Outlook I could make several signatures and click on a readily accessable button to have it automatically inserted. It was fast and easy. Now it seems that setting up signatures is a complex project. The only time I get a signature is when I reply to a message and then the same signature is inserted in the reply. I would like to CHOOSE the signature like I was able to in the past. In my menu bar I have ALL E...

Office Word 2007 Page Borders
I have trying to add a page border to my document. I select the page border feature and select all sides for the border to be applied. After it is selected I can see it in the normal view of the document but when I select print preview or print the file the bottom lines of the border are missing. I have tried to change the margins, change the border line pt. size and and other things all with no success of getting the line to appear on the print preview or on the actual printed document. What is causing this and how can I get them resolved? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/For...