COPY the content of a cell AS IS.

Hi all,

is there any functions (I guess Text related) that can copy the conten
of a cell as is? in other words, say I have cell A1 with the content of

a man dance with his wife in chicago, my home town
and A2 has:
=REPLACE(A1,30,8,"Miami")

if I drag B2 to B10 the result will be Miami (b2-b10). I would like t
COPY the sentence:
a man dance with his wife in Miami, my home town AS IS. meaning n
formula just the text in cell A2. is there's a way doing it?

thank

--
xianwinwi
xianwinwin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3526

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Copy > PasteSpecial > Values

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"xianwinwin" <xianwinwin.296z6n_1149952202.0771@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:xianwinwin.296z6n_1149952202.0771@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35264
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550639

0
croberts (1377)
6/10/2006 4:02:51 PM
If you want to copy the text by dragging:

Select cell B2
Point to the cell border
Hold the RIGHT mouse button, and drag to cell B10
Release the mouse button
 From the menu that appears, choose Copy Here as Values Only

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
6/10/2006 10:26:25 PM
cool. thank

--
xianwinwi
xianwinwin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3526
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55063

Pasting into an active cell
I have some VBA code (see below) where I am copying a fixed selection from one workbook (which the user has selected), into the next empty row in a different workbook (where the macro is located). Sheets("National").Select Range("A6:X21").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Diagnostics 2010-2011.xls").Activate Sheets("C-National").Select Selection.paste However, I get a run time error (438) on the paste command when I try to run it. Any suggestions, as I am new to VBA Try the below which will copy the range from the Activeworkbook Sh...

Can we tell which cell an image is on?
The user is clicking on a button that says "HIDE" and when the user hits it.. it hides the row where the button exists. IS THERE A WAY I CAN DO THIS? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi kenji4861, Are you talking about an image or a CommandButton? If it's a CommandButton, you can use code like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With CommandButton1.TopLeftCell.EntireRow .Hidden = Not .Hidden End With...

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

formula to search and find item sheet1 copy to sheet 2
i need to find an item in a colunm on sheet1 and auto copy that items row of info to sheet2. sheet1 changes with each import of data as to where "wings" may be on line 27 one time and move to 29 on the next import. so i need to search colunm B for "wings", when "wings" is found copy that row of info to sheet2 to create a list on sheet2.the formula will need to be adjustable per line, where as i can just change the item "wings" to "burgers" then insert the formula into line 2 sheet2.this will allow sheet2 to locate "burgers" on sheet1 ...

Automatic Changes to Linked Cells
I eed to find a way to link to a cell and have the link follow that cell should it chanage due to editing of the spreadsheet. For example in Spreadsheet 1 I linked cell A1 to cell B1 in spreadsheet 2. Then I made changes in spreadsheet 2 and the contents of cell B1 are now located in cell B5. How do I get the link in spreadsheet 1 cell A1 to automatically change to be linked to cell B5 in spreadsheet 2? The version of excel that I have automatically puts in the "$" before the cell letter and number. I have done a test by taking out the "$" to see if it would...

Email subform contents from main form
I have visual basic code written in the after update event of a field on the main form. The form has a subform that has 0-10 records & 3 different visible fields. I have the code below written to send an email, which runs successfully. In addition to the current text I would like to be able to include the entire contents of the subform associated with the record in the body of the email. Is this possible to do, or if it is not, would it be possible to include it as an attachment? Thanks! DoCmd.SendObject , , , recep, , , "Parts Shippment", stemailtext & st...

Cell value as chart scale maximum
I have a chart on a worksheet and want to make the Y scale maximum value equal the value of cell Y3 (this is a merged cell range Y3:Y5), rounded up to the next “5” increment. For example, 101% in merged cell Y5 would be 105% in the chart Y scale maximum. How would I do this? Hi Phil - Use the approach I describe here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html but link to CEIL(Y3,0.05) instead of Y3. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Phil Hageman wrote: > ...

Turning value of formula into actual cell content?
Hi. I've a sheet with a few thousand rows where in column B I need to add a prefix to every value. What I did was in column M fill the cells with the prefix, and made column N a copy of column B. Then in Column B I made the function: =M2&""&N2 and copied it all the way down (with incrementing numerals). That works great. But, I need to be able to copy-n-paste the new prefixed value of some of the cells in column B into another spreadsheet. But when I try, what I'm copying is the formula, not the resulting value. Is there a way to copy the values generated by the formu...

locking cells 04-27-10
excel version 2003 i have 4 cells that once one is select i dont want the user to be able to type in the others is there anyway to control this Cells are locked by default but has no bearing until you protect the Worksheet. IF only 4 cells, Ctrl+A > Format cell - Protection - unchecked Locked. Now select your 4 cells and Lock them, then protect the Worksheet. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "rwbaker" <rwbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDC477FA-BC54-41B0-B0E5-72C33A717EEE@microsoft.com... > excel version 2003 > i have...

Last Row of a Table has Part of the Content Whited Out
I imported a large document developed under Office 2000 on a PC into Word for Mac. Many of the tables are fine, but several of the tables have an issue with either the first or last row. The problem is that some of the words seem to be whited out. The words are still there, because when I place the cursor on words I can see and use the arrow keys, the cursor is still moving across the letters I cannot see, one at a time. I've tried the following: - Changing the fill color a few times. When I do this, the effected text is still hidden behind what appear to be white rectangles. - Ch...

Green tick in upper left of cell
In Excel XP I have noticed a green tick mark in the upper left corner of a cell. Can anybody tell me what this tick mark is about? Thank you in advance. Hi Mark Tools>Options>Error Checking Tab http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291361&Product=xl2002 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mark Watlock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93d901c43377$4d530df0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel XP I have noticed a green tick mark in the upper > left corner of a cell. Can anybody tell me what this tick...

Copy
Thought this was all going, getting sucked down the plug hole. Where are all my favourite gurus going to now? Alt windows 98 ? Let me know. -- pebble in Boulder pebble wrote: > Thought this was all going, getting sucked down the plug hole. > Where are all my favourite gurus going to now? Alt windows 98 ? > Let me know. I strongly recommend you start reading, if not become a member of this web-forum: http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme Otherwise, yes, the newsgroup alt.windows98 is a logical choice. Also be aware that June 1 was not...

Copy Worksheet to Preserve Page Set Up
I have a workbook with a very detailed worksheet that I want to copy onto addtional worksheets to run different scenarios. I can easily copy the worksheet but it doesn't preserve the detailed page set up for printing. How do you get it to copy the page set up too? Thanks Uzytkownik "TiChNi" <TCNICHOLS@YAHOO.COM> napisal w wiadomosci news:1114535445.503200.260140@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I have a workbook with a very detailed worksheet that I want to copy > onto addtional worksheets to run different scenarios. I can easily > copy the worksheet but it...

Outlook Distribution List contents
I have a folder hierarchy of Public folders All Public Folders Dept Distribution List Distribution List has a DefaultItemType of "olContactItem" and a DefaultMessageClass of "IPM.Contact". I have scanned the folder chain and have a Folder object for "Distribution List" if that helps. I wish to take a list of Contacts and create a distribution list in "Distribution List", of course :-) I understand that a DL contains only a name and email address but my requirement is that the user be able to see all of the contact information when ...

Copy and Paste based on criteria
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRES...

Bug: VBA Range.Copy throws Error 1004 when Form visible
I am reporting a VBA bug. I hope this is the right place to do that. I'm in VBA writing macros for Excel 2004 with Mac OS X. It seems that an Error (code 1004 I think) gets thrown whenever the Copy method of a Range gets called while a Form is visible. The Copy method works if I hide the form before using it. For example, in code for a VBA form in an Excel workbook: Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Copy ' Throws Error 1004 End Sub Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Me.Hide Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Copy ' Works, n...

Cell Editing
How to you set the program to allow cell editing followed directly by using a cursor key instead of ENTER (like Lotus....) Hit F2 to enter edit mode(see Edit on Status bar). Arrows will move within the cell. Hit F2 again to enter "Enter" mode(see Enter on Status bar). Arrows will take you out of the cell. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:57:05 -0800, "remco2mill" <remco2mill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to you set the program to allow cell editing followed directly by using a >cursor key instead of ENTER (like Lotus....) Look at...

Cell Formating/Sorting
I have a worksheet which has 2 columns. Fist column contains time/date data in the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm. The second column contains data relating to the first column. The data is sorted by date. I wish to sort the data by time. I have tried to copy the first column into a new column, changed the format of the cells to date for the one and time for the second. Although the data in the cell appears to show either date or time, clicking on a cell still shows the data in the original format, so it won't sort by time. Any help appreciated. Regards Mike Mike Dates are whole numbers ...

averaging from one selected cell to another #2
I have a table with x and y values. I have another z column. In the z column i want to be able to average between the x value along that row location to the cell that has a value below a certain number say 4y. ...

Create a form in one database and then copy and paste to another
You guys have been great with your help. I created a form in a database, quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning by trial and error, and reviewing this board... Anyway, I created this form, tried to twick it and screwed it up totally. I have the form before I messes with it backed up on a zip drive. Is there anyway to copy just a form from one datebase and place into another database? There is also a few forms in templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here an there, but how can I get them into the database without cre...

copying data from one book to another
hi, i have 2 workbooks. one, wbk1, contains 50 records(say) like a125 a237 a458 b965 b45 c115 c897 c564 c262 the second workbook ,wbk2, contains sheets named as a, b c i want to copy records from wbk1 starting with 'a' to wbk2 sheet named as a, similarly records starting with 'b' to wbk2 sheet named as b, and it goes on can it be done, pls help thanks a lot --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you are looking to get rid of one workbook and spreading the data over several sheets in another, then try the following. In the source workbook break the a1...

Finding next blank cell
Hi all, I use this code to find the last non blank cell. ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Select How would I modify this to select the next blank cell after that cell? Rob Rob ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select Regards Trevor "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:#$NfmCwqDHA.1656@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I use this code to find the last non blank cell. > ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Select > How would I modify this to select the next blank cell after that cell? &g...

Excel mistakes cell formats
Hi, With certain forumlas, putting them in a cell formatted with a =ABGeneral=BB format (and all the cells around this cell have a General format too), this cell trasfoms its format to Text. The result has a left align, and if I edit the forumla and reenter without modifies, in the cell appair the text of the forumla instead the value. I don't know if it's a localization bug (I have Excel in Italian), but the follower formula: =3DCOUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$13:$A$147,Sheet2!a13)+E4-1 has the bug, while the follower: =3D(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$13:$A$147,Sheet2!a13)+E4)-1 hasn't Saved from a prev...

Insert text in a cell with a macro
I have a series of numbers (SSN) that I need to turn into text, so I want a macro that will put an apostrophe and a zero at the beginning of the numbers. I know that there are other ways to change a number to text (formatting, find/replace to add the apostrophe) but for what we are doing, manually editing to add the apostrophe and zero is the only thing that works. SO.. to my question. When I make the macro to do this, of course it simply adds the apostrophe and zero and repeats the number from the first cell over and over again. How can I make it select each cell's new data, mo...

adding cells which include numbers and text
Hi, I am hugely ignorant regarding excel, no training, and apparrently no brain... What I need to do is allocate a number to a placing i.e. 1st = 100, 2nd = 99, 3rd = 98 etc. If A5 (for example) has 1st in it, I put in A6: =101-A5, but it will not add it because of the text. How do I get the formula to ignore the text in A5??? Shelley ;) Hi! One way: =101-SUBSTITUTE(A5,RIGHT(A5,2),"")*1 Biff "Shelley" <shelleymcadam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1130215231.476700.153960@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am hugely ignorant regarding excel, no trai...