copy/paste

I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing
comes up when right clicking
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See your other thread

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Michael Garland" <MichaelGarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing
> comes up when right clicking

0
rondebruin (3790)

Macro to copy a Cell Content automatically IF G12 cell <>""
I am having the below Macro code for moving the cursor E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12 and these cells are not protected and rest all other cells are locked (Other than M11 cell). I got this code in google web search. Now I want to add a small condition which is if a person enter any value in G12 cell then the Macro should automatically do copy the M11 cell. That’s all. M11 cell is not having any lock! Note:- The Cursor should move in this order only that is E11,F11,E12,G11 & G12. So please don’t change the cursor movement. The cursor should not move to M11 cell and all...

multiple (read-only) copies of one document?
we're on a small office network, with multiple people using publisher on their machines (some, winXP, some, win2000, ALL on publisher 2002) sometimes, two people need to access the same document at the same time. in word, or powerpoint, you can have a Read-Only copy of the same document open across a network. publisher doesnt seem to allow this. can anyone suggest a fix for this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from matt <matt@genevaglobal.com>... > sometimes, two people need to access the same document at > the same time. in word...

Copy data from closed workbooks
I am trying to copy a lot of data from a closed Excel file to current Excel file using a piece of VBA code. I tried "copy and paste",got the following code from Macro recording: Sub Dataacquire() Dim Row As Integer Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\temp\test.xls" Row = Application.Count("A:A") 'find the total rows of non-empty data Range("A1:A1000").Select 'I want to apply the "Row" value here but don't know how Selection.Copy Workbooks("test.xls").Close Windows("Book2.xls").Acti...

How do I copy a horizontal ruler in Word?
I just need to copy text in a document to another part of the same document, including the ruler format, so I don't have to reset the ruler every time. Surely there's a way, but I've searched for hours trying to find it. In earlier versions of Word, we could just hold down the shift or control key, I don't remember which. If by "ruler format" you mean the margin and tab settings, the ruler shows the ones applied to whichever paragraph the cursor happens to be in. You duplicate them by assigning the same paragraph style in each place. On Nov 23, 5:39=...

Copying charts from workbook to workbook
Is there a way to copy a chart from one identically structured workbook to another, without having to manually adjust the Series references to take out the previous file name each time? A sort of "Paste-special-values" for charts? I have to back fill about fifty workbooks with the same chart, and the chart contains references to 7 different series - it's going to take me hours! Thanks, Geoff. Geoff, How about copying the data from one workbook to another? When you copy the data, paste it in the same fields as the one with the chart. The chart will update itself with t...

Copying result of formula into another worksheet???
I am having problems copying a formula result into another wksht if the formula is not used...hard to explain... D10=Sum(A1:A5) I want to transfer D10 to wksht Data E12, however if there is no data in A1:A5, I want E12 to remain blank. It looks like it is reading the formula, so it places a "0" or a "-".... Any ideas? Tools -> Options -> View Turn off zero values should get you part of the way. "Amanda" wrote: > I am having problems copying a formula result into another wksht if the > formula is not used...hard to explain... > > D10=S...

summing across worksheets conditionally and being able to copy for
I have about 50+ worksheets in a file that I need to sum. However, I only want to sum some of the sheets if it meets a certain criteria. This criteria is located in a separate worksheet in the file that lists each worksheet name in one column and in the next column it list the type of worksheet. If a worksheet is of a certain type I need the sum of those types. In addition. there are more than one cell that I am summing. The solution that someone provided me below worked great. So I tried copying the cell to grab the other data that I needed but the cell B2 which in his ...

xlPasteValues is also pasting Formats
This line in a peice of code I've inherited, is pasting formats as well as values... Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _ Operation:=xlNone, _ SkipBlanks:=False ....can anyone suggest why or how I get it to only paste values? In case its relevant, I've also found that if I add the argument Transpose:=False then it will fail with a 1004 error. Br, Nick I am not seeing that: Sub Macro1() Range("A1").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Range("C2").Selec...

copy paste Macro
I was wondering if it is possible to make a macro do the following. copy selected cell, move to another cell (same row) and copy change worksheets seach a column for the first copied value moe 4 cells from the cell it had found in the search then paste the second value Is it possible?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Olark, Yes. Put this in a regular module: (paste it from here, but watch for line feeds). Dim Data1, Data2 Sub Copy1() Data1 = Selection.Value Application.StatusBar = "Data1: " & Data1 End Sub Sub Copy2() Data2 = Selection.Value Applicat...

Word 2007 keep pasting same item instead of dif pictures ect.
I just installed MS Office 2007 Ent. on my HP Laptop running xp os. I open word and tried to copied / cut n past a item from IE8 to a word doc it did it ok. But when I tried to copy n past another item it pasted the first picture. Every time I try to copy n past it keep giving me the same picture not the one I copied? Did any1 get this same problem is it a SP patch problem any fix to this? Thks You posted this same question an hour ago. This is a user peer group forum, not a help desk. If anyone has the answer they will reply ... eventually. -- <>>< ><...

No copy of message sent
Do not get a copy of messages sent in Outlook. How do I set it up to get a copy. ...

copies of an Access database does not include latest data
Hi, I have had an Access 2003 application for years that travels between different people's PCs during the course of a year, with those persons having responsibility for updating the database. No problems transferring between PCs until this past week, when the time came to transfer the database from a person running Vista rather than XP. At the end of the day, the database in its original location has all the current data, BUT ... when I copy that database anywhere, it brings up older data that subsequently has been changed. I moved to "share" the folder und...

Back up copies of Files in My Documents in Word 2003
Every time I try to delete back up copies in "Open" in My Documents, it creates another copy. I am up to 166 copies of unwanted files. They are not shown in the pull-down of Word Documents only, but in All Files. -- Carole Campbell You are probably inadvertently dragging and dropping them in the same window. Drag and drop them in the Recycle Bin or simply press the delete key. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Wo...

Dynamics GP V9.0 copy item
During creation of a new "make" item - include option to copy Bill of material and or routing in one step ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2b62d1...

Formatting pasted cells
Hi, I have pasted data from a webpage into a worksheet. In order to calculate with it, I need to reformat. I reformat it to "Number" and try to make a formula, but it does not calculate it. I get a zero as result (not an error message). I also tried other formats such as general. Any idea what is wrong? Thorbjorn Sometimes extra characters (like spaces and HTML non-breaking spaces) will get pasted into those cells, too. David McRitchie has a routine that will clean up this kind of stuff at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall (look for "Sub Trimall(...

How do I copy a cell + it's formula from one workbook to another?
For reasons i won't go into, i have to transfer hundreds of cells from one workbook to another. each one of these cells contains a formula ex: "=SUM(IF(Production!$I$2:$I$573="HM37",IF(Production!$H$2:$H$573="AP",IF(Production!$S$2:$S$573="36H",IF(Production!$D$2:$D$573="X",Production!$Q$2:$Q$573,0))),0))-SUM(IF(Production!$I$2:$I$573="HM37",IF(Production!$H$2:$H$573="AP",IF(Production!$S$2:$S$573="36H",IF(Production!$E$2:$E$573="X",Production!$Q$2:$Q$573,0))),0))" the new workbook is an identical...

Copy-Pasting row into exact same row on specific other worksheets
Good morning I have just finished writing a vba code that inserts a row into a worksheet and then fills in values based on user input. Now, what I need to occur is once this process is done, for the row to be copied, and to insert the copied row into the exact row number on three specific other worksheets. For example, if the code has created the new row on Sheet1.Row87, for row 87 to be copied and then inserted into row 87 on Sheet2,Sheet3,Sheet4. It can't just be copied onto row 87 on the others as there may be data in it - it must use the "insert copied cells&qu...

copying values/text, not formulas
Heya ... I've got a workbook that consists of a "main page" with several columns of formatted text, and several columns of VLOOKUP'ed text drawn from several other worksheets in the workbook. My boss wants only the main page and not the others (too much space on his HD) ... I've been trying to use "Paste Special" to do this, first copying the formats over to a new page (looks exactly like what I have on the main page) and then copying the values. It works fine as long as I have only single cells selected. What goes wrong is when I have merged cells selected...

Pasting into One Column
I have some text with tab characters that I would like to paste into one column. When I paste the text, it puts the text into multiple columns. How can I paste it all into one column? Thanks, Kevin Fosler Save it as a text document, open it with Excel, select Delimited, de-select the tab - set it to comma or click other and enter an % or some other character that doesn't appear in your document. It will open it with all you data in one, it will just require a little clean up. Just use the following formula in column B =CLEAN(A1) and copy it down to the end of your text. You can t...

Copy and Paste
We are using GP 10.00.1237 and we have a user that the CTRL C / CTRL V functionality is not working on the PC. We are running SQL 2005 in a non-citrix environment. Everyone else seems to be able to use the windows shortcuts. There is no difference in setups from PC to PC. Any ideas ? The CTRL C / CTRL V function is not enabled on all screens in GP. In some it will work, others it does not. Get a user who can do the CTRL C / CTRL V to test the screen in question. Hmmm....alternatively you might want to check the language/regional settings of the machine in question...

pasting values #2
I am working on a template which evaluates all the markets in which we do business in. I have information on the some of the markets but not all of them so i have filtered by NonBlanks so display all of the valid information. I now have found new information on the countries that have NonBlank and would like to paste them to my sheet as they are in the same order of my filtered template. However, when I paste the information it disregards the filter and pastes it on the sheet containing all the data. Naturally, the information is not pasted in the right cells. I have gotten arou...

Windows Server 2003 Shadow Copy Client
Is there a way to restore shadow copies from the server? Thnaks > Is there a way to restore shadow copies from the server? to where? DDS "Todd Heiks" <Todd.Heiks_AT_NoSpam_GreatLakesWindow.com> wrote in message news:exffSpCdKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to restore shadow copies from the server? > > Thnaks > Answer: navigate to file via the share eg. \\server\share\file.name "Todd Heiks" <Todd.Heiks_AT_NoSpam_GreatLakesWindow.com> wrote in message news:exffSpCdKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.ph...

Copy & Paste to another program
I have a user that copies a row from an Excel worksheet and pastes i into a telnet session running another application. That applicatio used to accept tabs to move to the next field but now requires a enter. Is there any way to force Excel to use a enter instead of tab between columns when selecting all or part of a row? Thank you, Jaso -- McFarland ----------------------------------------------------------------------- McFarlandJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1627 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27679 ...

How to copy Access database without read-only restriction
I need to copy an Access database to a CD and from there to another computer. When I create the CD, it always comes out as read-only, so I cannot create queries or make table changes on the other computer. What is the setting for copying it without this restriction? Thanks! "Bruce Rollier" <Bruce Rollier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:288B0D3C-52C8-4400-897D-742822F1FF0D@microsoft.com... >I need to copy an Access database to a CD and from there to another >computer. > When I create the CD, it always comes out as read-only, so I cannot create...

Copying iPhoto 4 pictures to WordX
I've searched this groups topics on this subject and never found the right solution my problem. Hope this is sufficient info: Mac ibook G4, OS X 10.3.9. iPhoto 4 4.0.3 (4H2) Word X for Mac upgrade (originally part of Microsoft Office 98) 1983-2001 I have previously been able to copy and drag pictures from iPhoto4 to the Picture file and then copy and paste from Preview into Word and resize as needed. Now it works sometimes, but most of the time not. I either get the picture on the Word document (Yeah!) or I get the message "Quicktime and a tiff decompressor are required to see ...