copy only unhide columns

Dear Sir/Madam,
I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden column
and paste them into a new workbook.

Regards,
sea

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sean,

Select your columns even the hidden ones. then press F5 click on
"special" then click on visible cells only then do your copy and pasting.

Regards,

Cesar zapata

seanyeap < wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden columns
> and paste them into a new workbook.
>
> Regards,
> sean
>

> ---

wow you guys are amazing, thanks for that one, I kow I'll use it sometime.

Cheers,
Dean

"Cesar Zapata" <cesar.zapata@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Sean,
>

> Select your columns even the hidden ones. then press F5 click on
> "special" then click on visible cells only then do your copy and pasting.
>

> Regards,
>
> Cesar zapata
>

> seanyeap < wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir/Madam,
> > I need to how do I copy all values in a worksheet EXCEPT hidden columns
> > and paste them into a new workbook.
> >
> > Regards,
> > sean
> >

> > ---
> > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Dean
2/28/2004 8:16:36 AM
Dear Cesar Zapata,
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
sea

Why do pivot tables not read numbers that are copied and pasted
I am working with a Pivot Table whose information comes from a two columns of data that has been assembled from data copied and pasted from other sheets. Unless I retype all the data, it only shows zeros when sum is selected from field settings. I need a way to get it to sum without retyping or at least to know why it will not sum the numbers. Thanks Excel is seeing the numbers as text. There are some techniques here that you can use to convert the text to numbers, so they can be summed in the pivot table: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html B_4j wrote: > I am worki...

prevent font size change when pasting copied text
When working in powerpoint, I find that when I paste text from the buffer, its font is changed. How do I prevent that? Click the Paste Options button that shows up and choose "keep source formatting." -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Max Nielsen" <Max Nielsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F671062-0810-4DA8-A988-0C4720BC04B5@microso...

2 Column VLOOKUP search
Can VLOOKUP be used to search and match 2 columns except just one? Hi one way: - create a helper column in your lookup range - concatenate both columns (e.g. =B1 & C1) - copy this formula down use this helper column to compare your lookup value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Can VLOOKUP be used to search and match 2 columns except > just one? Another way: =INDEX($L1:$L999,MATCH(W1&CHAR(1)&X1,$A$1:$A$999&CHAR(1)&$B1:$B$999,0)) This matched W1&X1 with A1&B1 through A999&B999. and returned the ...

Word 2002 & 2007
OS - Vista SP1 & XP SP3 Word locks up and must be closed using End Task when trying to paste selected items copied from a web page loaded in IE 8. This does not occur when doing the same task with FireFox Roger If it works OK in Firefox but not in IE, that suggests to me it is an IE problem. Try posting in the appropriate Windows forum. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Roger" <liam@mail.moc> wrote in message news:esP5vvE#KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > OS - Vista SP1 & XP SP3 > > Word locks up and must be closed using End Task when t...

Stacked Column Problem
Runing Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. I have a table of data containing 2003 productivity data by month for 3 teams, each of which has 3 members. The table is arranged with the months January through December on the top row. The first column on the right of the table is the team name (cells merged to span three rows corresponding to team members), the second column contain's the team members' names. The next 12 columns contain monthly production data for each team member on the row corresponding with their name. I am trying to come up with a way to create a separate stacked li...

How to find which column or row the Min() value is coming from
My data are in 19 columns and 600 rows. I need to find the minimum value in each row. At the top of the columns are descriptions (e.g. Pen A, Pen B...). I want to see which column ("Pen X") the minimum for that row came from. I can get the minimum value in the row using min(), but it is the min value I need, but the column name that has that value. I have searched for two hours and cannot figure out how to do this! Can anyone help? Thanks. Luanne wrote: > My data are in 19 columns and 600 rows. I need to find the minimum value in > each row. At the top of the co...

copy chart & colors change
If I make a copy of a chart (line type with 20 sets of data), it will look just like the original. If I change the source data in the copy all 20 lines change color. Why is this and how can I prevent it? Yes, that can be very frustrating. Unfortunately, XL essentially 'redraws' the entire chart. I don't know of any way to retain original information other than to have a macro redo the format the way you want after XL finishes doing its stuff. Of course, you can always do the same by hand and that is something I do if the amount of work is not very much or it's somet...

naming columns
I always see excel sheets with nice names on top of the columns but I can't find out how to do it. I always seem to have narrow columns with longer names that look goofy when do them now. For instance one column would be Black or Color, so every column below that would only need to have either black or color typed into it, but since I can't figure out how to make the name say black on top-or in the middle-color on the bottom the cell is over twice as wide as I need it to be. TIA You can either put the title in 2 cells: A1 = Black A2 = Color Or In A1: type Black, hold down t...

On printing out a set of rows and columns at the beginning of every sheet.
I seem to remember that there is a way of specifying a set of rows and columns that get printed out at the top and left of each sheet when printing a worksheet that gets split into multiple sheets. Don J ---------------------------------------------------------------- File (menu) | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) "Rows to repeat at top" "Columns to repeat at left" -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Don J" <dej8801@comcast.net> wrote in message I seem to remember...

Summing a Column
If a col is formatted as Number (to 2 decimal places) but there are empty cells in the column, how do I avoid a #VALUE? error when I sum the range with =SUM("A2:A60") say, please? Regards. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.656 / Virus Database: 421 - Release Date: 09/04/2004 Hi if the cells are really empty the SUM formula should work without any problems. Are there formulas in the cells A2:A60? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Stuart wrote: > If a col is formatted as Number ...

Copy Publisher document to Word
I am trying to copy a document from publisher to word or excel. How is this possible? Do you need to maintain the layout of it or do you just want text? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A28451AD-E483-4C7C-AC79-B61F0D05CFA5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to copy a document from publisher to word or excel. How is this > possible? First, Publisher doesn't Save As Excel spreadsheets but word documents. To save it as a Word d...

hyperlinks following in copies of original file
I have been working on a time line of sorts and creating links to the various web pages for each item. The problem is, when I make a copy of the file onto a CD or disk and open it elsewhere the hyperlinks do not work. They are still listed correctly when I look at them in "edit hyperlink", but I get an error that reads "Unable to open http://www.xxxxxxx. Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server." I end up having to copy/paste the url from the edit menu into a browser. Why aren't the hyperlinks following in copies correctly? First, I don't have a...

Deleting Duplicate Numbers In A Column: How ?
Hello, Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a column. Would like to delete duplicate numbers. How can I do this, please ? Thanks, Bob Is this the only data in your sheet? If so, then enter a heading in A1 if you don't already have one (insert a new row 1 if necessary). Then highlight all the data including the heading and click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter - here you can specify to filter in place and to have Unique Records only, and then click OK. Hope this helps. Pete Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a ...

Finding Number of cells in a column of other sheet having a specific word in them
Hello , I would like to get the data,the number of cells in column H of sheet2 with value "open" in them, into one of the cell of sheet1. I tried to use COUNTIF(SHEET2!H:H,"open") ..but it is giving error. Please help me out .. Thanks in advance. Raja Shekar Your formula works for me. What is the actual error that youm are getting, #Value! #Ref! or what? -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk <ch.rajashekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news...

Copy only sub-totals lines
We sub-total a worksheet. Then we want to copy just everything showing on the sheet when you select option #2 from the 1,2,3 series in the select all box. How do we do that? We have tried a Paste Special | Values; however, ALL the data still comes over. What is the trick? TIA! Select the visible table in 2 mode, press F5>special and select visible cells only, copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message news:%234tKmd6oDHA.2652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We sub-total a worksheet. Then we want to copy just...

how to summarize total number of appearance in a column?
Can you tell me how to summarize total number of appearance in a column? For example, I have a column with three names appear at different rows another column with value to the names: John 45 Mary 15 John 33 Rick 10 Rick 11 Mary 31 Mary 22 John 0 How can I summarize: Number of times John appears (3 times), and the total number in John's row (45+33+0=78). Thank you. =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"John") =SUMIF(A1:A10,"John",B1:B10) if you replace "John" with a cell like C1 you ca...

Copying from data from another worksheet to exisiting.
Hi- Could someone tell me the way to copy a closed worksheet to the existing one. I have a macro in a template, and it gets kicked off every morning. I want to get the data from a another worksheet when it gets kicked off and then do the manipulation with that data.Could someone help!I would really appreciate it. Thanks jnair ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** If the range doesn't change, maybe you could just use links: Open both workbooks. in the "receiving&quo...

How Do I create a spreadsheet with a finite set of columns and ro.
How Do I create a spreadsheet with a finite set of columns and rows? An Excel worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can select and hide the ones you don't need, but you can not exceed the numbers. HTH. Best wishes Harald "walt093" <walt093@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2C74E4EE-07E8-406D-90CC-5D453B0A06F3@microsoft.com... > How Do I create a spreadsheet with a finite set of columns and rows? ...

Percent Data Label on 100% Stacked Column Chart
I've created a chart with three 100% stacked columns, each having multiple data points in common. I'd like to show what percentage each of the data points is in relation to its column but the percentage data label is greyed out. Is there another way to do what I'm trying? Thanks! You may want to try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add in. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm "PNichols" wrote: > I've created a chart with three 100% stacked columns, each having multiple > data points in common. I'd like to show what percentage each ...

How do I copy subtotals from excel without it also copying the det
Hi Reduce the amount of subtotal detail to what you require. Hit F5 and click on Special and then Visible Cells Only. You can now use Ctrl+C to copy this. Go to where you want to paste these totals, and use Edit|Paste Special|Values to paste. -- Andy. "slh" <slh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68A19CFA-9366-46A5-B021-7FCB228C7BF7@microsoft.com... > ...

Copying toolbars from one PC to another
Is there a way to copy a customized Excel toolbar from one PC to another? tia, sh Shieber, Excel stores custom toolbars in a file called Excel.xlb. It is normally stored under: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel ( \ XLSTART ) in Win2K or later, or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart in Win98 or earlier. Find it and copy it to the target PC in the relevant folder. HTH, Nikos "Shieber" <shieber4@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ilGI5DLEHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy a customized Excel toolba...

copy/paste excel charts as pictures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I attempt to paste charts from Excel into Word using the 'copy picture' command, it tells me 'not enough memory'. So I upgraded from 512 Ram to 1.5 Ram, but still the same message. What's the problem? ...

RN copy data from workbook to workbook #3
Thanks for your reply. I have never worked with Macros. I did go to the site sugested and downloaded 1st file under filter named "filtersAdvFilterRepFiltered.xls" I have tried to determine how I could modify this marco to suit m needs. This macro does exactly what I need. My current file MasterData currently has data in Rows 65 thru 420 There are 6 columns Code1...Job Name...Student Name...Supervisor...School...Code2 I want to create a new sheet with data for each SUPERVISOR and then for each School. Would anyone be willing to take the existing script as noted above an modify it fo...

going 3 columns over in a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro and have a small detail I need to fix, but am unsure how to do it. At the end of the recording of the macro, I hit the right arrow 3 times to move over 3 cells across. The problem is that the macro recorded it as follows: Range("F834").Select How do I change that line from an absolute reference to a relative one so that the cell I am on is 3 to the right? Thanks, Ben Try replacing this: Range("F834").Select With this: ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Select Whatever cell you're in when the macro runs will determine where you end up. If yo...

Mail not received when address in carbon copy
One of my colleagues is not receiving e-mail's that are sent to him via the cc method. The e-mails are not being returned to the sender as undeliverable nor are they sent to administrator. Where are they going and how can I resolve the problem? We run Outlook 2002 on the the client PC's and have a Windows 2000 Sever running Exchange. ...