Copy compare worksheets

Need some help thinking this one through. What I would like to do is
copy a daily worksheet to a Weekly worksheet that will be an
accumliation of the daily worksheets.

The trick here is the daily information mostly text data often times
includes not new data but just updated data that would need to be
updated on the weekly spreadsheet.

Sometimes the data is in fact new and will need to also be added to
the weekly worksheet..

Looking for help in how best to do this with Macro..Dont think
consolidation works as not adding up data but rather adding new rows
and updating information

thanks for your thoughts

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:37:50 AM UTC-5, Thomp wrote:
> Need some help thinking this one through. What I would like to do is
> copy a daily worksheet to a Weekly worksheet that will be an
> accumliation of the daily worksheets.
>
> The trick here is the daily information mostly text data often times
> includes not new data but just updated data that would need to be
> updated on the weekly spreadsheet.
>
> Sometimes the data is in fact new and will need to also be added to
> the weekly worksheet..
>
> Looking for help in how best to do this with Macro..Dont think
> consolidation works as not adding up data but rather adding new rows
> and updating information
>
> thanks for your thoughts

Are you saying you have ONE file or many?
If one file with many daily sheets, why wasn't it one sheet to start with and then use filters, etc..
If desired, send your file to dguillett1 @gmail.com with this msg and a complete explanation.
0
dguillett11 (103)

Compare data #3
Hi I wonder if we can have dual display in a cell. Exemple, i have a list of number and i would like to compare them with the previous in the list and display the difference in percentage in (parentesis) beside the value. ...

Copying conditional formats
I can't find anything in help about copying conditional formats to other cells - very frustrated. Help infers that the Format Painter can be used, but that copies all formatting (color, lines, etcetera). How do we just copy the conditional format and none of the other formatting attributes? Why can't we simply apply one of the existing conditional formatting rules from the conditional format menu? copy the cell | go to edit | paste special | format | ok On Nov 23, 3:55=A0pm, "Blue Max" <mailrich...@msn.com> wrote: > I can't find anything in help about ...

copy/pasting
I run pub 07 on two different computers to do a church bulletin. When I copy and paste from emails or Word for one everything goes fine, but to the other computer and Pub program it copies then pastes them in its own text box for each paragraph I copy. So I set one text box in Pub, copy and paste an email with 3 paragraphs for example and in the text box I have created in Pub, I get 3 new text boxes within the one I created. Then a box appears to the right that gives me two options: 1. "Keep Source Formatting" 2. "Keep Text Only --- and I have to choose, is there a ...

Copying the same cell from different sheets
I have a bunch of worksheets, each formatted identically. Let's say their names are "A" to "Z". I insert a new sheet and I want to examine the same cell from all sheets. Suppose there is a value representing annual expenses in cell D13 of each sheet. My new sheet might look something like this: Sheet Annual Expense A $100 B $150 C $200 etc. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the formula separately into each cell? It seems to me I saw somewhere a way to "build" a formula by stringing the components together. H...

Copy data from one cell to another
I have a list of data that looks like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 6 ---------------- ------ I need it to look like this: A B 1 123-45-6789 5.82 2 123-45-6789 3 ---------------- ----- 4 234-56-7890 9.53 5 234-56-7890 6 ---------------- ------ I have never done a macro before, so a function would be great if possible. Thank you in advance for any help! Dawn Select all of column A, do Edit / Go To / Special...

I wish to copy a graphic into return address of envelope in Outloo
How do I set up an envelope template where I can preprint a number of envelopes with a graphic in the return address area, then print the return address under it when I address individual envelopes? Any advice is really appreciated. - In the past I have used both Access (reports) and Publisher to produce envelopes with such on them You can probably do the same in Word, with some 'fiddling' about "Doug W" <Doug W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D01B858-2869-40DD-B0CD-43E951A53745@microsoft.com... > How do I set up an envelope template where...

Copying Formulas from One Worksheet to Another -- Very Easy Questi
I have a worksheet which has a bunch of formulas in rows (i.e. data entered in columns C through F result in formulas results in columns G through whatever). All I want to do is to copy a row and move the formulas into another worksheet while keeping the references to the original worksheet intact. So: =COUNTIF(G$3:G301,G301) becomes... =COUNTIF(Data!G$3:G301,Data!G301), or however you lock the worksheet down. I'm copying from row 300 in the original to Row 2, to make things a little more complicated, but isn't there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! "Rothman"...

Copying files from virtualstore folder with script???
Using a wscript (vbs) to zip and copy user data/files to a backup folder on the network. For some reason this user (a new client) has all his quicken files in: "C:\Users\robert\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Quicken\" The script file opens a cmd windows to run the zip program. But none of the files get copied. I figger it is a permissions issue for running the cmd window not as an administrator. Suggestions please as to how to open an elevated cmd windows from a vbs script. Current syntax: (this is called 3 times for different folders) destFile = newF...

Cannot copy Excel 2007 Chart and Paste as Bitmap into Powerpoint 2
A client with a Mac complains that my chart pictures in Powerpoint are distorted. The text appears badly spaced. My guess is the Mac does not like the MS Metafile picture type. My code has: ActiveChart.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Size:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture Set PasteSlideShape = mPPSlide.Shapes.PasteSpecial(PasteDataType) where I have tried all values of 0..11 for the DataType parameter But I get for type 2 (bitmap) 'Run-time error '-2147188160 (80048240)': 'Shapes (unknown member) : Invalid request. The specified data type is unavailable. ...

compare 2 mem variables against a string value
Hey, Can anyone help here... If Mdl = "ZDX" Then 'Works fine If Mdl or Mdl2 = "ZDX" Then 'Generates Type mismatch error Does anyone know how to check more than one memory variable (Mdl and Mdl2) against a string value? Thanks, RR Try this If Mdl="ZDX" or Mdl2 = "ZDX" Then -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "Ron5440" wrote: > Hey, > Can anyone help here... > > If Mdl = "ZDX" Then 'Works fine > If Mdl or Mdl2 = "...

copy and paste question #3
oopps, Got it I didn't highlight the formula. Thanks for the info. I ge all my questions here -- hb247 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27874 ...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

how can compare data between two worksheets?
What's the best way to compare data between two worksheets and highlight the similarities? Also say you are comparing a list of people's names but one worksheet has a column that has the person's full name preceded by title while the other list has separate columns for first and last name? How could you compare the names in that situation? The way you have your sheets set up makes it difficult to be sure. The following macro will work but can give a wrong result (see below). Sub t() Dim rngToSearch As Range, rngToCheck As Range Dim c, d, sName As String ...

Copy and paste when using subtotal
When I am using the data, subtotal options and I collapse the data to only see the subtotals - I would like to copy and paste only those rows. However when I copy and paste all of the collapsed rows come over. How can I only get the subtotal rows??? Help Thanks, Need for a class tomorrow Press F5, click special, select visible cells only, copy. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ce0b01c3ef73$096f1c20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I am using the data, subtotal options and I collapse > the data to only see th...

Move & Copy Problem, Limit?
Excel 2003 Problem A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from within the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an existing worksheet. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Notes: -The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single worksheet used as a template for the others. - Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on duplication of a single worksheet) - Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this problem? - The file contains numero...

Create new admin account and copy settings
Dear all, I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account. How to do it? Thanks Kent Kent wrote: > I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy > all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account. > > How to do it? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-...

creating Matrix, Barcode doesn't get copied to children.
Using RMS ver. 2.0.0105 - when creating a matrix item and assign a barcode to the parent item, it doesn't copy the barcode to the children. You'd need to go back to the matrix item and add barcodes to each child. My clients and I would love to have the ability for RMS to copy the parent's barcode to the children items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy
We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool: http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about in a query tool, and then some. For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009, and so fa...

code to hide a worksheet?
Can VBA code be written to hide a worksheet? I can't seem to find any help in the help about this... Thank you much, Paula Hi Paula, Yes, you can change the Visible property of the Worksheet object: Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden '/ or Worksheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlHidden xlVeryHidden will hide the sheet so that it may not be unhidden via Format | Sheet from Excel. xlHidden will hide it just as if you had hidden it via Format | Sheet --> Hide. -- Regards, Jake Marx MS MVP - Excel www.longhead.com [please keep replies in t...

Subtotals
I need to create a copy of the results from the subtotal field but when I reduce to show me only the level two totals and copy this and paste to another worksheet it copies all the hidden info as well. I tried copying to word and back into Excel but I have the same problem. Any suggestions? f5>special>visible cells -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tara Keane" <TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AC221D1-5C9F-49CC-BAD3-EC84777F10D1@microsoft.com... > I need to create a copy of the results from the subtotal field but when I...

Worksheet event help
Have the following in a sheet code that i would like to activate when the enter key is pressed in B5. tried the following, but no success, the 1st part i was hoping would be the change event that would run a sorting macro in the 2nd part. any help??? (1st Part) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address(0, 0) = "b5" Then (2nd Part) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False Range("A4").Select ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=234 Range("A4:B273").Select Selection.Sort Key1...

copying text from Davka
When I try to copy text from a document in Davka (which includes Hebrew and English) into a document in Publisher, the Hebrew text will only appear in one standard fomat, rather than the specific Hebrew font from Davka. The only options the program is allowing is for the Hebrew to copy over in Times New Roman or in the Hebrew font we don't want. How can I make the specific Hebrew font work in Publisher when it's copied from Davka? Maybe this article will be helpful... http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://jwit.webinstituteforteachers.org/Importing%2520Judai...

Copy a Data Series Between Charts???
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? thnx In article <t83kj01opo7h9c9hnhdgmq0ov3fo6j0h3e@4ax.com>, phil6666 @adelphia.net says... > > based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of > data series between the graphs. > What does "movement of data series between the graphs&quo...

I can't copy/open my .pst file
I have tried copying my .pst file onto the hard drive but I get the following error message: Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Also, when I right-click the file and get to the Read-Only box, I can uncheck it, but when I try to "apply" or "ok" the change, it says access denied. What else can I try? In news:371A7C91-6732-416B-940B-09EE71733A83@microsoft.com, Sylvia <Sylvia@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have tried copying my .pst file onto the hard drive but I get the > following error message: > > Data error (cyclic redundancy check) >...

Copy and insert macro
I have been trying to create a button that inserts a group of cells between existing cells on a worksheet. I have been able insert those cells at the end of the worksheet but have been unable to figure out how to insert them between exisiting cells. To clarify; The following is a simple representation of what I am trying to accomplish: Row 1 - Task Name and cost Row 2 - Task Name and cost Row 3 - Sub Totals and markups Row 4 - End of used cells I need to be able to add multiple tasks between the last 'Task Name and cost' and 'Sub Totals and markups'. I would like t...