copy between worksheets

Hello,
I want to copy part of workskeet to another worksheet, but after i do
copy and paste, the format of the worksheet  is changed.
For Example, I want to copy a cell area (A3 to C10) to another sheet.
And it contains images and text. After i paste to another worksheet,
the position of images are changed. Also the cell width and format are
changed too.
How can i do copyand paste  a celll area contains images into antoher
worksheet with original format and position?
Thank you

Mooscar

--
mooscar
mooscar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6902

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I'm kind of confused at which worksheet has the trouble--the From or the To.

But in some versions of excel (xl2k added it, IIRC), you can:

edit|copy, then edit|paste
followed by
edit|paste special|column Widths.

mooscar wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to copy part of workskeet to another worksheet, but after i do
> copy and paste, the format of the worksheet  is changed.
> For Example, I want to copy a cell area (A3 to C10) to another sheet.
> And it contains images and text. After i paste to another worksheet,
> the position of images are changed. Also the cell width and format are
> changed too.
> How can i do copyand paste  a celll area contains images into antoher
> worksheet with original format and position?
> Thank you
>
> Mooscar
>
> --
> mooscar
> mooscar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6902
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277303

--

Dave Peterson
0

Copy a currency value from one control to another
I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control (called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to do this? If it's the same calculated value, just use the same expression. Generally, don't store calculated values. Just perform the calculation as needed. If you need more help with this, describ...

Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button
I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe about it! Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me? Thanks, Jim Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org...

Trace precedents from another worksheet
I'm trying to trace precedents from another worksheets. However, when I do this, I just get an arrow leading to a worksheet icon. Clicking on the icon just gives me a formula, and worksheet that contains the precedents shows no arrows or anything. I remember that this used to work fine in earlier versons of Excel. (I have Excel 2002). Do you know what's going wrong? Thanks, Katie -- ModelerGirl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ModelerGirl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6364 View this thre...

Copy one Column Across One Row
Hey guys, I would like to take one column of data and copy it across one row., so, I want the data to go left to right across the spreadsheet instead of top to bottom. If you have a suggestion to solve this, macro or whatever, could you please email it to me at: krea@dslextreme.com thanks, kevin rea Kevin If the column contains no more than 255 rows of data(256 if you are pasting below row 256) you can copy it and select B1 and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:23:46 -0700, <krea@dslextreme.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > &g...

Formula copying from one workbook to another...
Hello Excel community friends. Here's my problem: I trying to copy a formula from a worksheet in one workbook to a worksheet (of the same name and same cell location) in another workbook. Say the formula from workbook1/worksheet1 is =sum(1+1) and the name of workbook1 is "Me" and the name of the worksheet1 is "Sheet1" and located in cell A1. Of course, when you copy the formula from "Me" to another workbook (named, say, "You") and to the same location (A1) and on the same named worksheet, "Sheet1", the preface of the formula is s...

recieve copy back that e-mail recieved and opened
i want to reive a meggeg back that e-mail has been recieved and opened ...

Copying records from one (sub)form to another subform using Append
I have a mainform with products (and thier details) from a products table and a subform showing ingredients (from an ingredients table). I wish to select existing ingredient records from one subform and copy them to so that they appear as ingredients in a new Mainform. I have a selection box next to each of the ingredients to enable selection but how do I "copy" these selections to the new record on the new mainform. Do I use an append query to do this? Any guidance on doing this would be great (not too experienced in this area). Many Thanks On Tue, 9 Feb 2010...

Multiple Copies of Messages!
In just the last week or so, my Outlook (2002, running in WinXP Pro) has started (1) sending as many as 6 copies to the recipients of some of my emails, and (2) sometimes putting 3-4 copies of incoming messages into my Inbox. It's starting to drive me crazy, and is a cause of constant apologies to friends, clients, etc. Not good. Any ideas anyone? I, too, noticed several copies of sent messages in my Outlook 2002 Sent Items folder dating back a couple of months. I didn't receive any comments from receipents, so I don't know that they received duplicates. It hasn't ...

Error message with copying sheet to another workbook
I always encounter an error message when i copy a sheet from one workbook to another workbook. The error message is as below: ================ A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name '____123graph_A', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - to use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - to rename the range referred to the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box. ================ I have tried to click No and enter a new Name, but afterward...

How do I find a copy of Publisher 2002?
Hi, I am looking to order a new copy of Publisher 2002. I have a new project that my client wants to do on Publisher. I have not yet upgraded to XP and am still on Windows 98, so Publisher 2003 won't work on my (yes I know) outdated computer. How can I find a new copy of Publisher 2002 which will work on 98? I'm uncomfortable ordering from some of the unknown sites that come up in a google search. Any suggestions? Ebay? Or you could try Sams Club, BJs, or Costco. They may have some older software. We have a buyout company called Ollies in this are. (Their motto is "G...

A macro that copies entire worksheet to another
Hi- Can anybody help me with a macro that copies an entire worksheet to another (or creates a new worksheet named by a value in a cell)? I plan to use a push button to copy this data. I'd appreciate any help - Jim Ayers Hi Jim, Why don't you revert the easiest and the most illustrative method of writing a macro (and learning how to write a macro) by using the macro recording facility? There may be slight changes depending on your Excel version, but generally you click Tools --> Macro --> Record New Macro, then mimic exactly what you want to happen, stopping recording a...

Excel---Copying text from one cell a a sheet to another cell on a
I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? If the cell on the 1st sheet is A1, in the cell on Sheet15, you put the formula =Sheet1!A1 On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:33:01 -0700, "Reeezzzy" <Reeezzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know this will sound stupid but, I cannot get TEXT that I type in one cell >on sheet 1 to show up in a cell on sheet 15. Aby help?? ...

Autofill Is Copying Instead
Using Excel 2000 on networked Windows 2000 OS, problem is with a shared workbook that several people use. I have a series of consecutive numbers in a column, and when I selected the last two and pulled down the handle as I always do to autofill the next several rows, Excel copied the number from the top selected cell instead. I have never had a problem before. I DID recently change the column's format from number to text, because they are check numbers and no calculations are done on them, and we sometimes use alpha characters when we don't know the check number at the tim...

Copying and adjusting formulas
Hi Firstly thanks for many tips picked up in this ng - I've learnt a lot. Copying and adjusting formulas 26 sheet workbook (Excel 2000) with a sheet for each weeks figures broken down departmentally and totalled for the week. From sheet 2 onwards the sheet has year to date being current weeks figures + previous year to date. This was originally in .123 and as you copied from one sheet to other sheets the formula adjusted the sheet name - in Excel it keeps the formula without adjustment. I find this weird (and very long winded as each sheets formula will need changing). Am I missin...

automating data copy from dynamic invoice to single spreadsheet
Hi - I am a newbie vis-a-vis VBA. I am trying to copy data off of an invoice (that keeps changing every day) to a single spreadsheet. So far, I have used the following code: Sub CopyCells() Dim rngData As Range, rngDest As Range Dim i, j As Integer Set rngData = Sheets("Invoice").Range("A16:g35") Set rngDest = Sheets("InvData").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) For i = 1 To rngData.Rows.Count If rngData.Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then rngDest.Offset(j, 0).Value = Sheets("Invoice")....

Bug: (MFC 7.1) Paste into CRichEditView copied from other RichEdit control
Recently, I was helping someone figure out a problem in an MFC application recently upgraded to VC 7.1 (MFC 7.1) from VC 6.0 (MFC 6.0). While running on Windows XP, if you copied text from another CRichEditCtrl, CRichEditView, or another application using RichEdit like WordPad or Word, pasting what you've copied into a CRichEditView would paste nothing. When googling to try to find clues, most of the time there was either no response to the question, or the work around was to change the "copy" end that you controlled, and only put CF_TEXT on the clipboard. However, it ...

Want to auto name worksheets
I work with a large spreadsheet that has several worksheets in it. Is it possible to create a macro that can copy the contents of a cell and then paste that as the new name for the worksheet? Reply to doc_cowher@yahoo.com Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Doc, this will do what you want, Sub Name_Sheet() ActiveSheet.Name = [A1] End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any re...

In Excel 2000, How do you select the whole of a worksheet (Select.
In Excel 2000, How do you select a whole worksheet (Select All) with ONE click of the mouse? Cheers!! click on that little grey button to the right of the column headers and at the top of the row headers. Using the keyboard (you didn't ask!). Ctrl-a (twice in xl2003.) Rascal wrote: > > In Excel 2000, How do you select a whole worksheet (Select All) with ONE > click of the mouse? Cheers!! -- Dave Peterson ...

Creating a graphic from worksheet's data: like a "progress" thermo
Is it possible to create graphics from data -- other than pivot tables/charts? Specifically, could I somehow create, from data that displays planned and completed dates for a project, a thermometer or some thing even better that shows completion vs. planned...? There's more data than just that, but that's an example. Thanks Andy Pope has instructions for using a graphic: http://www.andypope.info/charts/dollarsplit.htm and for thermometer charts: http://www.andypope.info/charts/thermometer.htm Nicole L. wrote: > Is it possible to create graphics from data -- other than...

cant copy this items
pls help as i cant copy messsage from one folder to another,TQ ...

deleting a record after copying data
I currently have code in a form called workorders to execute after update to copy data over to a new form called Closed_Workorders. using two different tables (tasks and closed tasks) How do I write the code to delete the record once it is copied. "Thanks for your Support" Here is the code: Private Sub Status_AfterUpdate() If Status = "Completed" Then Dim StDocName As String Dim StDocnbr As String StDocName = "Completed_WorkOrders" StDocnbr = [Log_Number] DoCmd.OpenForm StDocName DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Forms![Completed_WorkOrders]...

INDIRECT doesn't retain data from external worksheets
I'm using the INDIRECT function to bring in data from other spreadsheets. Using this allows me to just populate a cell and automatically point to a new spreadsheet (I have dozens of spreadsheets that hold similar data, and dozens of formulas that pull that data over, so I don't want to manually edit all the formulas). However, it appears that when I use this, the file that it points to needs to be open. I have a fully qualified path ("C:\Documents and Settings\......"), so I don't understand why the document needs to be open. If I don't use INDIRECT, ...

VBA-code for search,copy and paste
My sheet 1 col A values are unique values.Match sheet names from(sheet2) from these col A values of sheet1 copy that row values(from row2) and paste into the sheet 2 last row ...

Excel VBA
So I am fairly new to Visual Basic, but am fluent in C++ and Perl (just so you know some of my background to help me haha) I am am currently trying to write a VB script in excel to fill out approx.700 cover sheets that have been provided for me (i.e. I can't change the location of the cells, or add any more). As of right now, I have about 20 clients that need this done for them. Each client has a csv file with the appropriate data. However, each files contains multiple permits, and each permit needs a coversheet ( as in for each client file, anywhere from 5 to 100 coversheets m...

Freezing small section of the worksheet
is it possible to freeze only a small section of the worksheet? for example: 1111 1111222 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 I want to freeze the 2's so that when you scroll down it always stays in view. i can't seem to freeze in any other way than all the way across horizontally - which means that the 1's on the same line & above will scroll also. or freeze vertically, but that means it only freezes it for side scrolling. please help! thanks. Hi AFAIK not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "TinyBri" <TinyBri@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb...