copy and paste question #3

oopps, Got it I didn't highlight the formula. Thanks for the info. I ge
all my questions here

--
hb247
hb2474's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=418

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Lists Questions
i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form. I have it setup so that i can select multiple options. how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this list on the form itself. is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected? Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field? That doesn't seem right. A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList You have to loop through the Item...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Copy Cells with VBA
Hello, I'd like a VBA macro that would copy in row C4 of worksheet A the content of row E11 of worksheet B. Is that possible ? Regards, Hi Jef If both workbooks are open try this I think you mean a range instead of a row? Workbooks("A.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("C4").Value = _ Workbooks("B.xls").Sheets("sheet1").Range("E11").Value -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637A2067-D2D9-4607-B2D2-B03884429075@microsoft.com... > He...

Automate copy command
I'm processing a large data file from which I want to extract blocks of data by means of a template, this is only the first of many data files. I've used the vlookup command to match start and end timestamps and to return an index number that cooresponds to the start and end row numbers. How can I automate the copying of the blocks of data into a new sheet (or file)? ...

Budget Allocation Question
Hi Folks, I created a budget in Money 2003 and it automatically made entries for certain expenses like "Automobile: Car Payment". Then it created a sub-entry under 'car payment' showing the name of the Auto finance company - and correctly displays the amount I pay for my car payment. My problem is that there seems to be no way to allocate funds for this budget item, and it always shows up in my budget report as being "Over Budget". On other budget items, where there was no automatic entry, I can enter a budget amount for the month. But on the automatically entere...

Add-on for Sales Question
Hello, I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:10QTh.20$Da6.3@trnddc02... > Hello, > > I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I > was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would > appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Read replies to the prior thread you already ...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

Userform Query_Close() question
Does anybody know where I can find a good reference to the userform Query_Close() function??? I would like more information on how to use the "Cancel" and "CloseMode" parameters. thank you It's pretty simple. Click the red X top right, a common way to close windows, and it's CloseMode 0. Close the form by code (like Unload Me from a button) and it's CloseMode 1. Cancel is set to stop the close operation. If a checkbox1 says "I accept the license agreement" then this code keeps the form open until the box is checked: Privat...

pasting 1 cell into merged cells
Is this possible at all? I get an error: cannot change part of a merged cell. thanks, dominique Hi this is one of the drawbacks of merged cells. Therefore try to avoid these kind of formating -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dominique Schroeder wrote: > Is this possible at all? > > I get an error: cannot change part of a merged cell. > > thanks, > > dominique You can get around the error message by pasting into the function lin above the worksheet. Look for the fx just above your lettered columns, click just right of the fx in the white line and ...

DataSet Question-Please Help
I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best: Column 1 Column 2 Result 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 4 blank 3 5 blank So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals co...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

Can I copy formulas "as they are" when they are not static
Hi, I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to transfer them to other location without formulas changing. They need to be dynamic before and after, but not during this transfer Don't ask me why ;-) -Sirritys Find and replace all "=" with "~", move and change back -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154937837.006411.154950@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I have numerous cells with formulas in them, and I would like to | transfer them to...

MSFlexGrid Question
Hello everyone, I am interested in putting up a grid for testing purpose (VS2008 SP1), I first make the control available in the toolbox, Drag a flexgrid, then add a variable thru the class wizard. Let's say the variable is called m_Grid In my Dlg code, I try to do the following thing m_Grid.Clear(); // which is okay m_Grid.GetCols(); // 1>c:\users\garfield\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01dlg.cpp(179) : error C2039: 'GetCols' : is not a member of 'CMsflexgrid1' my CMsflexgrid1 class is derived from CWnd which in m...

Pasting problems
I am using excel to link with another application (from which I am taking some data). The time to get this data can vary. If it finds the data in the time I have allowed for it, it will paste this perfectly into excel. If it does not find the data in time, I assume that it is trying to paste something which is not there. I get a runtime 1004 error Paste method of worksheet class failed. Is there anyway around this. Can I write a loop procedure to only try to paste once there is something in the clipboard. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes at:...

Simple Xpath question
I posted this to the wrong group. It went to m.p.dotnet.languages.vb. Ooops. -------------------------------------------------------------------- I have this tiny problem. I have learned that an xpath expression can be bounded by either single or double quotation marks. But sometimes I want to search for a title containing both a single and double quote. Any way to do this? The user enters the title, so now it is in a String variable. How can I dynamically construct the right Xpath query to find the book with that title. <book> <title>Who's your "Daddy"<...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

dll question #5
my Win32 application call a Regular MFC dll which I want to show a dialog box. In the dll, I implement: void CDLLApp::ShowDialog() { CDialog_Dll_Main dlg; int nRet = dlg.DoModal(); } But no dialog show up. Then I step through, I find nRet=-1, Why? I fogot to add: AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154383017.058671.108130@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > I fogot to add: > > AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); Did it work after adding this? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

Ex 2007 setup question
Hello If i am planning on setting up Ex 2007 on more than one server do i have to install the components in the below order? and if so why? 1. Client Access server role 2. Hub Transport server role 3. Mailbox server role 4. Unified Messaging server role Nope. There is no required order that I am aware of. Just remember that in order for mail delivery to work, there must be a server with the Hub transport role installed in the same AD site. If you install the MB role without anything else, you'll get a warning about no Hub role being installed - it won't cause t...

Copy and paste two named ranges together.
I am attempting to copy and combine two named ranges of equal size into a blank spreadsheet. How does one copy the first named range and concurrently seperate each copied row with a blank row into the blank spreadsheet, and copy the second range and paste those copied records into the blank rows? I am looking for a systematic way of doing this consolidation. There can be hundreds of rows of data. Also the named ranges can very in size month to month. The end result is to combine two ranges for a journal entry upload into a financial accounting entry. The two arrays represent the ...

Copy Subtotals to another worksheet
When using excel sub total function. How do I copy the sub total to another worksheet? Hi Reduce the grouping to show just the information you want. Hit F5 and select Visible Cells. Ctrl+C to copy. Move to where you want the totals and click Edit / Paste Special / Values. -- Andy. "Webs" <Webs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50CA209E-6B45-487E-8382-D85AAAB64DAB@microsoft.com... > When using excel sub total function. How do I copy the sub total to > another > worksheet? ...

Fill Series #3
All, I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right. Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column. I want it to move up 2 columns. For example here is the starting folrmula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)) but every time I do a fill series I get the following: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)) and I would like when I do a fill series for the next formula to result in : =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$...

remove Absolute references when copying from pivot table
Hi, I have a pivot table of data in a workbook called Pivot MT with units as row names and months as column names. I have a separate workbook called Monthly Totals in which I am referencing certain values inside the pivot table. I want to use the fill handle in this Monthly Totals workbook and drag accross the columns to capture certain values in the pivot table. However, there seems to be an absolute values (i.e. $A$4) which causes all values across to be the same. I want to remove the absolute values but F4 doesn't seem to work. Can someone help? Thanks, On May 8, 12:31=A0am...

SFO 3.0 on workgroup computers
Hi. We have done a couple of SFO install on worksgroup computers. Everything works fine. The users connect to the domain via ISA VPN. The users username and password is the same on the workgroup computer and in the domain. Now we get this error when we install on som new workgroup computers. Is is not posible to install the SFO on worksgroup computers? Best regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant IT Management Microsoft CRM Setup Is Being Run By a User Who Is Not a Domain User Cause Microsoft CRM Setup is being run by a user who is not a domain user. Solution Exit Microsoft CRM Setup and log on ...