Copy and paste problem #2

I am using Excel 2000. I have made a W2 form that I need to copy and paste
for a total of 80 copies. ( I made the form just through using cell borders
and resizing cells etc.)

All of this is being done on the same worksheet. Through cell protection the
user will tab from one cell to another filling out the appropriate
information.

THE PROBLEM.

When I made this I had to decrease the height of some cells and increase the
height of other cells.

When I copy this down the sheet for a total of 80 copies the cells are set
to the original default settings of 17 pixels in height. It copies the form
I made but of course all of the cells all the way down are not the proper
height.

Is there a way to copy this and have it also copy the cell height?

I sure hope so.

I know everyone is wondering why I would go to the trouble when I could just
use Quicken or some other type of program, but I just enjoy doing these
things.

Any help would be appreciated.

John Kitchens

0
mrgolf30 (8)
1/12/2005 12:57:33 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If I copy the rows (not just A1:Z22, but all of rows 1:22), the row height gets
pasted, too.

If you've already made your 79 copies...
select all the rows in the first (good) set
hit the format painter icon twice.

Paint over each copy

hit escape to get out of that format painter mode.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Once again you have provided excellent information that is right on the
mark.

You just saved me a ton of time. Thank you very much!

Sincerely,
John Kitchens

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> If I copy the rows (not just A1:Z22, but all of rows 1:22), the row height
gets
> pasted, too.
>
> If you've already made your 79 copies...
> select all the rows in the first (good) set
> hit the format painter icon twice.
>
> Paint over each copy
>
> hit escape to get out of that format painter mode.
>
> John Kitchens wrote:
> >
> > I am using Excel 2000. I have made a W2 form that I need to copy and
paste
> > for a total of 80 copies. ( I made the form just through using cell
borders
> > and resizing cells etc.)
> >
> > All of this is being done on the same worksheet. Through cell protection
the
> > user will tab from one cell to another filling out the appropriate
> > information.
> >
> > THE PROBLEM.
> >
> > When I made this I had to decrease the height of some cells and increase
the
> > height of other cells.
> >
> > When I copy this down the sheet for a total of 80 copies the cells are
set
> > to the original default settings of 17 pixels in height. It copies the
form
> > I made but of course all of the cells all the way down are not the
proper
> > height.
> >
> > Is there a way to copy this and have it also copy the cell height?
> >
> > I sure hope so.
> >
> > I know everyone is wondering why I would go to the trouble when I could
just
> > use Quicken or some other type of program, but I just enjoy doing these
> > things.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > John Kitchens
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
mrgolf30 (8)
1/12/2005 1:55:51 AM
If you have to do this again, you may want to post some more details.

(Range addresses, how much to copy, where to paste (leave how many empty rows)
kind of stuff.)

You may be able to get a little macro that copies and pastes as many times as
you need.

--

Dave Peterson
0