Copy and Paste Column Linked Data in Rows

I want to copy a column of data in a row
I want this to be a link however and you can't use copy/paste
special/transpose as this copies the formulas
I want to link column data from one sheet into a row on another sheet
quickly without handling manually

e.g.
Sheet 1:

A1
A2
A3

Sheet 2:

=Sheet 1 A1  =Sheet1 A2  =Sheet1 A3

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I will send you an add-in that I wrote to do transpose paste-links if
you send me a message with a valid email address. I don't like
guessing.....

HTH,
Bernie

"BalUser" <BalUser.uvx9n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I want to copy a column of data in a row
> I want this to be a link however and you can't use copy/paste
> special/transpose as this copies the formulas
> I want to link column data from one sheet into a row on another
sheet
> quickly without handling manually
>
> e.g.
> Sheet 1:
>
> A1
> A2
> A3
>
> Sheet 2:
>
> =Sheet 1 A1  =Sheet1 A2  =Sheet1 A3

> ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
deitbe (120)

exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet
I have a master sheet with all the sales information that my company tracks. I would like to create seperate sheets for each sales rep. I have all their initials listed under one column. Can I take each row and put the information onto another sheet based on what I put into the initials colum? exporting/linking data from a row on one sheet into another sheet Hi Clark see responses in Excel.worksheet.functions NG Frank Clark Haddock wrote: > I have a master sheet with all the sales information that > my company tracks. I would like to create seperate > sheets for each sa...

Find Link
Hello all, I recently downloaded the findlink add-in (forgot where from) and it works great. It is supposed to find any link (from the text typed) and optionally removes them. However, it does not search multiple Excel documents and it requires me to hit a "Yes" for each link I need to delete (there is no "Yes to all"). I was wondering if anybody knew of a freeware utility that would allow the user to search multiple workbooks and remove the links that are matched (text search) globally. Thanks for your time. Vince Sorry, it's not freeware, but this is the ...

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

sum for past tweleve months
i feel a little retarded i can’t pull the available information together to get the result i need. i have looked at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208714 and a number of other posts, but i have not been able to get anything but the most recent sum for all Occur Date. That equation is Expr1: DSum("[HiredNum]","Firm_Count_Hired_Fired","[Hired.CurDate]<= [OccurDate]")=28 for every record. i need to be able to get the gross hired/fired for an occur date but only the last twelve months. currently i have the first 4 columns below and used excel t...

How do I change row height to 16.0? I get choice of 15.6 (26 Pix.
In an excel sheet I need the row heights to be 16.0. I select the rows and go to Format, Row, Height and type 16.0. When I check the row height it will be 16.2. I can take the cursor and try to change an individual row height and it will let me choose 15.6 (26 Pixels) or 16.2 (27 Pixels). I have changed the screen resolution and it did not help and I have tried to change print resolution but am only given 600dpi as a choice. Hi AFAIK 1 pixel is the smallest increment you can use. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jlloyd" <jlloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Delete Columns
In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell that will contain a name based on an input box. Thanks, Bernie See you OTHER post. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bernie" <bml66@aol.com> wrote in message news:1172699736.687460.300590@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell > that will contain a name based on an input box. > > Thanks, > Bernie > ...

How do I randomly shuffle the cells in a column?
In Excel 2003, I have a column, say a1-a10, with certain entries. I need to create another column, b1-b10, with the same entries assigned randomly (shuffled) to the cells. Just one way .. Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$10)) Put in C1: =RAND() Select B1:C1, copy down to C10 B1:B10 returns a random shuffle of what's in A1:A10 Press F9 to re-shuffle -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Jason D" <Jason D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36244977-7EE5-436B-8617-59C15310B080@microsoft.com... >...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

add result column to pivot table
I have 2 columns in a pivot table - decription and amount. I need to calc a % of each value of the total. I don't know how to do that. Add another copy of the Amount field to the pivot table's data area. To display, the fields horizontally, drag the Data button, onto the cell that contains the word 'Total' -- there's a picture here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html Right-click on the heading for the second Amount column Choose Field Settings Click the Options button Type a Name for the field, e.g. Percent Choose to 'Show Data as' % of column Cli...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

increase column number limit?
Is there a way to increase the number of columns beyond ~260? Thanks /b No, sorry. Dan E "bill northlich" <billn@wildpackets.com> wrote in message news:eE3bpxpYDHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to increase the number of columns beyond ~260? Thanks > /b > 256 is the max. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference -----------...

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

How to group all data from 1 column into several columns (Redo)
I have 2 columns in my spreadsheet, Company Names and Event. The Event column values are Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4 and the company names repeat for each of the events that they attended. So sometimes I might have a company listed 4 times with each Event corresponding to it in the next column. How can I consolidate all of the company names so that there is 1 row for each company and all events are on the same row but in different columns marked with an x (the column labels will be Company name, Event 1, Event 2, Event 3, Event 4). This is what I have... Company Name...

Columns to Rows
I'm sure this is a simple problem but I'm trying to convert columns o data into rows of data. What's the easiest way -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - copy your column (CTRL+C) - goto 'Edit - Paste Special) and choose 'Transpose' as action Frank > I'm sure this is a simple problem but I'm trying to convert columns of > data into rows of data. What's the easiest way? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Just read Tom's post, paste special and then transpose -- Messag...

Copy and Paste the transactions between accounts
Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to another account to split one transaction to two different accounts easily? Because I run two business with me and want to split one expence in order to assign under the different company names. Thank you in advance for the kind reply. >-----Original Message----- >Can I copy the transactions in an account and paste to >another account to split one transaction to two different >accounts easily? >Because I run two business with me and want to split one >expence in order to assign under the different company >nam...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Many to Many Data Entry
Hi all, This is a doozy of a problem, using a form to join many to many fields, so thanks if you're up for checking it out! I have two tables that are linked with a many to many relationship using a third table. TblZones (with fields ZoneNo(primary key, autonumber), ZoneMo, Zone Description, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDevices (with fields DeviceNo (primary key, autonumber), DeviceType, Location, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDeviceZoning (With fields ID (primary key, autonumber), DeviceNo, and ZoneNo) A device may only be assigned to a zone that shares the same customer number...

Data sheet populating into multiple sheets
I'm looking to build a spreadsheet with one main page that can be populated with data and automatically pull that data over to other more specific sheets. For example, If I have sales on the main sheet and have check boxes for more specific sales on the same sheet (i.e. liquor sales, food sales etc..) I want that number to poulate on the specific sales sheet. I'm assumming I have to wite an IF/Then Statement to say if an "x" is put into a cell then copy and past the data in the specified cells within that row and pull that information over to sheet Y. One respon...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

Problem of DGV multi-row selection
Hi everyone I have a problem of DataGridView's multi-row selection behavior. When holding the ctrl key down and DGV's selecttionmode had set to FullRowSelect, user could select multiple rows by click on those rows. And, when user click on a row which already had been selected the row would been deselected. The problem is this select/deselect is based on "mouse down" event instead of "mouse click" event, I mean even before user release the left key the row already had been selected/deselected, which is not an ideal behavior to initialize a drag dro...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...