Coping numbers to next blank cell on another worksheet

I am just learning Excel (need SIMPLE help) but any help would be
greatly appreciated.

My OS is XL Professional and I have MS Excel 2002 SP2.

I need to copy calculated numbers (I got this much done on my own) in
specific cells on worksheet # 1 to the next blank cells in existing
columns of numbers used in calculations on other worksheets in the same
workbook.

I other words, I have a formula that calculates numbers and places the
results in the same column and row each time it is used.  Those
calculated numbers need to be copied and used on different worksheets in
the same workbook.  While the orginial number comes from the same cell
each time the destination for each number must go to the next blank cell
in the same column and on the same worksheet each time.

Please remember, I am just a novice, so don't assume that I know what I
am doing.  Plain, simple, and detailed help will be much appreciated.

Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins.
Free Excel Forum & Business Software*****
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Davey

Try the example on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm

Post back if you need help

Don't forget to copy the function(s) also in the module

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Davey" <ibcrockett@cableone.net> wrote in message news:4042058e$0$197$75868355@news.frii.net...
> I am just learning Excel (need SIMPLE help) but any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> My OS is XL Professional and I have MS Excel 2002 SP2.
>
> I need to copy calculated numbers (I got this much done on my own) in
> specific cells on worksheet # 1 to the next blank cells in existing
> columns of numbers used in calculations on other worksheets in the same
> workbook.
>
> I other words, I have a formula that calculates numbers and places the
> results in the same column and row each time it is used.  Those
> calculated numbers need to be copied and used on different worksheets in
> the same workbook.  While the orginial number comes from the same cell
> each time the destination for each number must go to the next blank cell
> in the same column and on the same worksheet each time.
>
> Please remember, I am just a novice, so don't assume that I know what I
> am doing.  Plain, simple, and detailed help will be much appreciated.

> Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins.
> Free Excel Forum & Business Software*****

0
rondebruin (3790)

Average formula where blank cells are counted as zeros
I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank cells. I had only cells A2, A4, A6 filled out, but when I do =average(A1:A6), it is not treating the blanks as zeros so the answer is much higher than it should be. Should I do a logic formula within the cells? If you know the range, you could do the division yourself: =sum(a1:a6)/6 But this would include other non-numeric cells in the count of cells (6), too. krwelling wrote: > > I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank > cells. > > I ha...

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

Formula Diascrepancy in Worksheet
I have the formula below working in two areas of my worksheet but not in the other. I get the infamous ########## sign return. Can someone help me out with this? Cell D111 Cell F111 1/24/2010 12:15:00 AM 1/25/2010 1:30:00 AM =IF(OR(D111="",F111=""),0,(NETWORKDAYS(D111,F111)-1)*("15:00"-"06:30")+MOD(F111,1)-MOD(D111,1)) Cell N111 Answer: 01:15 ****************** Cell D139 Cell F139 11/12/2009 12:22:00 PM 11/12/2009 12:36:00 PM =IF(OR(D139="",F139=&q...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

Number format #3
Ah, works perfectly. Thanks -- carg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carg1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27578 ...

Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .
I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0 shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell). To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you can't see the zero But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing Try the formula =IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14) in the linked cell. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paligap" <Paligap@discu...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Lookup a range of numbers
Hi, I have a table as follows: (Speed) (Dist) 64k 128k 256k 5 1000 1200 1500 10 1600 1700 1800 15 2000 2100 2200 I'd like to have a formula whereby if I key in a Distance of 4 and a speed of 256k, the active cell will show "1500". I tried to use sumproduct but seems like sumproduct can only be used if the Dist is exactly "5", "10", etc. The only alternative I can think of is to list out ALL the integers for Distance. But, is there an easier way? ...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

Combine variable number of columns
I have a single spreadsheet with a list of clients, addresses and their product interests. This table will be used to drive a Mailmerge document. In the document, I want to be able to refer to the products in which they indicated an interest. The problem is that while one client may have identified only one product (one column) others have selected anywhere from two to 170 products - each product is in a separate column. I can join two columns with "&", but when I have an inconsistent number of columns how do I do this efficiently? - I will have to do it for each client, e...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...

Maximum number of characters in a cell
Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 characters? Bill Hi Bill, > Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 > characters? A cell can contain about 32000 characters, but Excel will display only about a 1000 of them (depending on font and fontsize). Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com If you would add some forced (manual) line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in your text at opportune locations, you will find that you can *display* much more text. -- HTH, RD ----------------------------------...

merge cells with a twist
A B C joe @ domain.com trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) and that result is joe@domain.com Thank you. =A1&B1&C1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message news:uaAWelbgFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >A B C > joe @ domain.com > > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) > and > that result is joe@domain.com > Thank you. > > =hyper...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

Number to text conversion ......HELP
Dear Friend.. I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into Text EQ. Result = 2,500.00 converting to .....two thousand five hundred.. Thanks Check http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eko Hery" <eko@megaenterprise.com> wrote in message news:BCD8B0CE.1D8%eko@megaenterprise.com... > Dear Friend.. > I need help in converting formula calculation ( Number or Currency ) into > Text > > EQ. Result = 2,500.00 con...

How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say)
How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in a cell. For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. Is there a formula? =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75B61958-5352-436D-94F1-DD3D79AAE485@microsoft.com... > How do I count the number of times a particular charcter ("." say) appears in > a cell. > > For example, ABC.1.21.31.2 should retun 4. > > Is there ...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

referring cell in macro function
If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet is there a property of the referring cell? I want to know what cell the formula is in. Dim callCell As String callCell = Application.Caller.Address Returns the cell address of the cell where the UDF is used. "zxcv" <zxcvnosend@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:aef3cafd-4c52-40a6-8348-ebf957b3abad@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet > is there a property of the referring cell? > > I want to know what cell the form...

time entery to the cell
any one can help me how to make the cell automatically take from the time of the computer... because i am using the timesheet tha can download from office online but the problem isour staff are key-in the correct time for there time in or time out... what i want is no need for them to enter the time, they just click the time in or time cell the time of the computer will be recorded to the cell.... Thanks a lot to all the expert that very helpfull..... jeff Hi see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for entering a timestamp automatically then a cell changes -- Regards Frank ...