Converting labels to an Excel Sheet

I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste
it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is
it possible to do it automatically or do I have to do it manually?

0
leah8286 (2)
12/19/2006 8:26:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See some responses to your identical post in .excel.newusers
(Please do not multi-post)
--
Max
Singapore
Leah Stein wrote:
> I have labels in Word that I want to use in Excel. If I just copy and paste
> it I get 1 column with everything in it. I want it in separate columns. Is
> it possible to do it automatically or do I have to do it manually?

0
demechanik (4694)

In Excel 2007 why camn't I cut and paste in titles in charts
This lack of functionallity seems crazy and a serious downgrade from Excel 2003 Hi, Can to explain a bit more. I can edit the charts title text and use cut and paste. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Nickred001" <Nickred001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64E7C708-D6E7-4804-8BD7-1E56EBB91A40@microsoft.com... > This lack of functionallity seems crazy and a serious downgrade from Excel > 2003 When editing a title in a chart on a separate chart sheet the CtrlX does nothing and the cut scissors icon is grey...

Sorting Events By Label
I recently learned that Outlook 2003 has color-coded labels. I love that feature! But what would make me a totally happy camper would be the ability to actually SORT by the label assigned to each item. I primarily use All Day Events that appear at the top of the Calendar, and use those instead of Tasks (since I never look at the Task List). I would love to be able to sort my Events by the label assigned to them. Any way to do that (apart from placing a sorting letter at the beginning of each). Thanks! Neil Outlook 2003 labels are not sortable (is that a real word?) However, = Outl...

Problem with
I have code that will get a range method failed error when trying to execute the statement: x=range(s & i) where s="Brazil-008.ord" and i is any value. The Brazil-008.ord tab (worksheet) does exist. If I change the salur os s and the name of the worksheet so that it does not contain the minus sign it works great. I have had used a worksheet named Brazil-008.ord in another set of macros which happens to have the same statement and it works fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks! A sheet name cannot contain a minus sign. I suspect in the other wor...

Saving in Excel #3
I have a problem that just started last week. When I modify a cell with new text I cannot save the file until I click off the cell. I used to be able to click save without clicking off the box. Can someone tell me how to fix this? The save icon is still enabled for me when I'm editting a cell. (I use xl2003.) You could try resetting the standard toolbar: tools|customize|toolbars tab select the Standard toolbar click reset be aware that any customized changes you've made to that toolbar will have to be recreated. ====== If that doesn't help, how about a test: Close excel wi...

Change the default size of comments in Excel?
In Excel, when I enter a lot of comments, I always have to re-size it later to view all of the comments. Is there a way to change it to any size I want? I use Excel 2003 on XP. -- Thanks, Gloria Gloria Debra Dalgleish has lots of good tips and code for Comments. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Resize for resizing macro. For other tips see http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP Scroll down to the Comments section. On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:51:02 -0800, Gloria Lopez <GloriaLopez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel, when I enter a...

How can one append information in an Excel spreadsheet to a barcod
I work at a post office and we have come up with a system that will use barcodes on each mail receptacle that when scanned call up customer email addresses, placing them into the spreadsheet so that they can be copied and pasted into Outllook to notify customers when they have mail. We have all of the email addresses in the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure how to append them to the barcodes on the boxes so that when scanned, the corresponding email address is entered into a spreadsheet and then the cursor moves down to the next line. I have some programming experience in VB and ...

Converting Microsoft Works 9.0 to Office Small Business 2007
I am trying to convert my Microsoft Works 9.0 to Office Small Business 2007. I putchased the upgrade when I bought my computer which had Works 9.0 already instealled. I installed the "fix" KB943290 but then was prompted to insert the discs which weren't included with the computer so I purchased a new version of Works 9.0 and unistalled what was on the computer and reinstalled using the disk. Now where do I go to enter the Key Code from the upgrade to install Office Small Business? I haven't seen a step by step in any previous threads so any help would be...

Data access / labels / custom app
I own a camera/photo store and need a "film drop off" solution. I need a quick and dirty custom app that will do the following: 1) Run on a PC separate from RMS POS with a label printer attached 2) Access the customer table in the RMS database (via MS Access - DAP possibly?) 3) Do a "quick" lookup in the customer table based on telephone number (or last 4 digits or something or other simple - ala video store) 4) If the customer is not found, allow creation of a new customer record 5) If the customer is found, splash a form with some non-RMS checkboxes allowin...

Search a worksheet, extract rows using a list from another sheet
I am trying to use a list of names (first, last) in a colum in worksheetA to find corresponding entries in an imported worksheet B, Once I find the name in worksheet B I want to extract the entire row of data into another new worksheet. For example Worksheet A: Column A Bill Jones Fred Smith Worksheet B: Place Overall Name Swim Bike Run Finish 1 12 Bill Jones 24 anytown ST 13:45 54:45 23:00 1:34:45 4 78 Fred Smith 56 anothertown ST 15:00 56:12 24:34 1:48:34...

Excel #6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I downloaded RETScreen to my Windows thru Parallels, I cannot open the program. I notified RETScreen tech support and was told that Office 2008 will not support this program (it has 80,000 pieces of information). Is there a question here? Office 2008 "will not support it" - nor is there any reason why it should be expected to - because Office 2008 is for Mac OS X. RETScreen is a Windows Only program. The issue is that RETScreen won't run on OS X because its developer doesn't support Macintosh, it ha...

Financial Modeling (Excel) Question
I am taking an online finance class, and was wondering if someone can help me out or point me to an appropriate financial modeling forum. Question: There's some company. Given Ending Cash Balance for May. Also given Collections and Payments for June, July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov. a) How do I calculate the Ending Cash Balance for each month? I THOUGHT the formula is: Ending Cash Balance for May + Collection for June - Disbursement for June + Current Borrowing --------------------------------- = Ending Cash Balance for June This is the formula given in the book. Please corrent me if i...

Can't open Excel attachment in Outlook Express
can't open excel attachment in OE. but can open ordinary Excel files. Save to hard drive and open from there ? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you get an option to save the file? If so, save to HD In Excel go to tools Options General and uncheck ignore other applicaitions If the option to save the attachment is not there in OE, In OE go to Tools Options Security and uncheck the Do not all attachments option in 1st section, restart OE and you will be able to access the attachment "hen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Y Axis labels: How to make them different to figures used to plot.
I am plotting a chart of student progress cores. These take the form 4c, 4b, 4a, 5c, 5b, 5a. To do calculations on them and plot them I have converted them into numbers in a Lookup: 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 etc Works fine. Chart (which plots student performance against target) looks great. But to make sense to teachers and students the axis must revert to 4c, 4b, 4a - not 1, 2, 3 ,4. The only solution I have found is to remove Y axis labels and place over that area a text box with the correct labels. But it keeps shifting on different views and different printers. is there any ...

Does Excel have compacting utility?
Does Excel have a utility to compact the size of a file, similar to MS Access, so that it occupies the minimum possible amount of disk space? Hi K. No! In fact some might say it has a facility to do the reverse. You might look at: Debra Dalgleish: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused And Charles Williams: http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "K. Georgiadis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecfd01c45661$3f049d60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does Exce...

Excel Chart #2
I am developing a chart on Excel. I have two columns with numbers. A third column has a formula to average the two numbers. I want to graph the average. Problem is my graph looks bad. If I enter the two numbers, they are averaged in the third column and graphed correctly. The problem is Excel interprets rows that have not been entered as zero and graphs them as zero. I would like rows that have not yet have data entered into them to be treated as if there is no data and thus not be graphed. Hope someone can help me? I need this for a project I working on to graph the pH of ...

Excel 2007, 2003 xls network issue.
In Excel 2003, by default if one user had an excel document open, any other users that opened it while it was in use would be prompted that they could only access the file as Read Only. Excel 2007 is now in use on a number of workstations, but not all, so it is necessary to retain the 2003 xls format across the company until all users have access to Excel 2007. The issue is that now 1, 2, even 7 users can open the same xls file at once and not be 'locked' out. When saving the document there are no prompts or warnings state that x amount of users currently have the file open or that ...

Exporting to Excel 03-21-08
Hello, I am trying to export the results of a query to excel. I have tried TransferSpreadsheet but I do not want it to automatically save the spreadsheet. I simply would like excel to open (as Book1) and have the data from the query be imported into the spreadsheet. I want the user to have the ability to save if they want to or not. Is this possible? Thanks in advance, John There are various ways and some of guys can point you in a direction of doing it from a command button. However, The way I do it is to create a report from my query and after I run the report, on the toolbar is an...

EXCEL BUG (in a graphic) !?????????
Hi all, I have a problem I cannot solve.. I think it is an EXCEL BUG !! Could somebody have a quick lok at my spreadsheet.. it should take only few minutes... I explain briefly my problem : I have 2 series on the same graph. I want to change the shape of specific points : put a big green square when there is a "B" flag, or put a Big red square when there is a "S" flag (see the spreadhsset enclosed) Everything is fine for the second serie but the first one generate completely random markerstyle and color instead of a red or green square ! I am calling the same function fo...

Output query to excel 03-22-08
I would like to output a query in my database into excel but I want the output to be iserted as a worksheet into an already existing excel file. How do I do this? you can export to a named range; or any range..using docmd.transferspreadsheet. I believe that the syntax is Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, "TblName", "C:\MySpreadsheet.xls! Sheet1$A2:B12" or something close to that. So then of course; you just need to open the workbook; add a worksheet and then land in that range. At least; I think that is the right place to look ;) Right? -Aaron On Mar 22, 3:28=A0p...

excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?
Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. 1. Select row 2. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula Is" 3. Insert: =$J$2="P" 4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. >. > Parker Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P" Pick a color from from the Format button. Note the ...

Custom Number Formats for Excel 2007
Hello I open several Excel spreadsheets daily that include a date/time column. Every spreadsheet that I open I have to change the column formatting to "dddd dd-mmm-yy hh:mm:ss". This is not a format built into Excel 2007, is there a way to permanently add this format to the "Custom" section...or to Excel 2007 in general? Thanks, Brian Any custom formats you write will be saved with that workbook only. New workbooks or those opened without the saved custom format will have to be formatted as you wish. You could record a macro while formatting and st...

How to convert any popular video/audio to iPad
**Have you used iPad today?** More abundant than iPhone and more convenient than laptop notebook, iPad is known to all that it is positioned between the smart Mac iPhone and notebooks, which provides us access to the internet, send and receive emails, view e-books, play audio or video capabilities. All of these are fascinating. Perhaps you are confused with the various formats. However, if you have seen this post, you will not worry about that problem! Luckily, the*'4Easysoft Video Converter for iPad ' (http://www.4easysoft.com/video-converter-for-ipad.html) * has been re...

Excel and Sun Accounts
Dear all, At my company we have a sun accounts database is there any way we can access the information in that database through excel by way of ODBC?? if anyone knows of anything that might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Adrian Atherall "Adrian Atherall" wrote... >At my company we have a sun accounts database is there >any way we can access the information in that database >through excel by way of ODBC?? if anyone knows of >anything that might be able to help it would be greatly >appreciated. I'd be very, Very, VERY surpri...

How do u set the PLOT AREA to nearest mm in Excel Scatter Graph .
I wish to plot x-y scatter graphs to scale e.g. on a landscape A4 size page. I need the y (vertical) axis to be exactly 99mm long and the x (horizontal) axis to be exactly 240mm long. As I cannot find rulers in Excel I insert the graph in Word and turn on the rulers. I then stretch the “chart area” until the axes are the correct length. This usually works. However, sometimes it does not work e.g. the y axis might be around 20mm too long for no apparent reason but the x axis will be correct. I also notice that if a text box overlaps an axis the length of the axis changes. Is there anot...

Excel Columns Display Right to Left
I've got a user who when creating a new excel document from a blank worksheet, her columns show up from right to left instead of the normal setup which shows A as the first left hand column. It is as if it is a mirror and everything is backwards. Has anyone encountered anything like this or know how to fix this? The numbers and characters display correctly but A is just the far left column instead of the first. Hi Tools>Options..International Change the default direction -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ljdumont@ingr.com&q...