Converting Formula into Numbers?

With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into
straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same
number)?

--
Emp-Designer
Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Emp-Designer a �crit :
> With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into
> straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same
> number)?

Hi,

First keep the original in safe place. Work on copy if ever ...
select - copy - paste special (values)

HTH
FxM
0
nullos (12)
8/15/2006 8:48:44 PM
With the cell(s) highlighted, click <copy> then Edit | Paste Special |
Values (check) then OK and <Enter> or <Esc> to fix the values in the
same cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Emp-Designer wrote:
> With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into
> straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same
> number)?
>

> --
> Emp-Designer
> Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948

0
pashurst (2576)
8/15/2006 8:52:48 PM
Edit>Paste Special, check Values

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Emp-Designer" <Emp-Designer.2clmp6_1155674708.5958@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

| With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into
| straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same
| number)?
|

| --
| Emp-Designer
| Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948

0
nicolaus (2022)

How to convert hyperlink in Excel to show hyperlinked address?
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a list of hyperlinked email addresses. For example the list displays "Email", but the hyperlinked data is "mailto:name@domain.com". I need to "un-hyperlink" the information so that I have a list of the data itself - i.e. so I have a list of the name@domain.com addresses. Using Excel 2003. Thanks for any help you can provide! IN EXCEL 2007 (maybe 2003 but not sure) / right click the cell and select Remove Hyperlink. If my comment has helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Bruce" wrote: > I have ...

sequential number
I want to a sequential number to fill in automatically each time the form is filled out. Malissa, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

Emailing Tracking Numbers
I have integrated a website with RMS. When orders come in, I make them a workorder and send a PO to the distributor that will ship the product. At the end of the day, the distrbutor sends me the tracking number. When I bring up the customers order and enter the tracking number, I then complete the transcation, then press Shift/Control/F8 to mark the order processed. Does this send the tracking number to the customer? If not, how can I do that with out going to Outlook and physically doing so? Bill, RMS does not send one. Sounds like a good idea though. Maybe add it to the sugge...

Excel Formulae #4
I've been trying hard to find a formula which would enable me (from one cell) to Add several cells and Subtract the answer from another cell (subtracting items of expenditure from a starting total). I could manage this with Lotus - but Excel does not seem to behave the same. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ken. One way: Say you wanted to subtract A1, A2, A3, J4 and N5 from L6: =L6-SUM(A1:A3,J4,N5) In article <173d01c3fbd6$3df0f300$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "KenS." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been trying hard ...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

How can I convert an exported UNIX timestamp in excel?
When I export a table using phpMyAdmin I get a date string of: 1064272434 Which equates to: 09/22/2003 07:13:54 PM Is there a formula for excel that would make this conversion for me, stripping the time of course? Result: 09/22/2003 "prod sorter" <prodsorter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DD4A2BA-7A0F-4B83-A1DA-4E98674CAE6D@microsoft.com... > When I export a table using phpMyAdmin I get a date string of: > > 1064272434 > > Which equates to: > > 09/22/2003 07:13:54 PM > > Is there a formula for excel that would make ...

Shorter Formula
Can anyone shorten this formula please. Basically all it does is gives me an average of the figures in Column "W" depending on the number of times that product appears in "R" column =IF(ISERROR(SUM(SUMIF($R$5:$R$9,R62,$W$5:$W$9),SUMIF ($R$22:$R$26,R62,$W$22:$W$26),SUMIF ($R$39:$R$43,R62,$W$39:$W$43))/COUNTIF ($R$5:$R$43,R62)),0,SUM(SUMIF ($R$5:$R$9,R62,$W$5:$W$9),SUMIF ($R$22:$R$26,R62,$W$22:$W$26),SUMIF ($R$39:$R$43,R62,$W$39:$W$43))/COUNTIF($R$5:$R$43,R62)) thanks Pete I didn't try too hard to analyze your formula, just noted that your ranges and sum_ ranges...

Formula counts incorrectly
Help please. Column K contains dates and blank cells. I would like to count how many of these dates fall within a given date range. For example, in the first week in May. Column K contains these dates. 5/2/2005, 5/3/2005, 5/5/2005, 5/5/2005. I would like to count this as 4 dates within the first week of May. I created this formula but the output is 3. =SUMPRODUCT(--(ECNT!F2:F515>=DATE(2005,5,2)),--(ECNT!F2:F515<=DATE(2005,5,6)),--(ISNUMBER(ECNT!K2:K515))) I assume that it is only counting 5/5/2005 one time? I changed the dates in the formula to check a second 2nd date range (5/9 to ...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Protect formatting & formula
I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental changes during update by different users. However, if I protect them, any new row creation and deletion are disable. Is there any way resolve it? Especially, when create a row, how can all formatting and formula to create automatically for the new row? Thanks, Scott What version of Excel? "Scott" <NoSpam-Scott.Xe@GMail.com> wrote in message news:%23bsg6kCBGHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to protect the formatting & formula in each cell to avoid accidental >changes d...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Convert old Q&A database to access
Does anyone know a free way of converting an old DOS based Q&A .dtf database to Access? There are only 6 fields: first name, last name, date of birth, date of death, cemetary, war if any. This is for a non profit that has been building a cemetary database for years and need to get something modern. I will build the Acces piece for free. But if I can't convert the data for free the project is dead. There may even be an export option within Q&A that would help. I didn't have enough time to look at it so far. thanks in advance, Mark Can Q&A export to .CSV (or any...

macro to generate next number
Hi, i need a macro to look in sheet 2 column A and look at the last filled cell. In the last filled cell i have a number. When i run macro, i need to generate (in sheet1 A1) the number from the last filled cell +1. EX: sheet 2 last filled cell = 29 sheet1 after macro i need to have in A1 = 30 Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Yuo can have a macro if you want but you don't need one, try this =OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)-1,0) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffici...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

Help writing a formula
I have a huge database that I need to create numbering for each line like this example: AK-233 (2 letter state, a dash, and 1-4 digit number), but the number doesn't change each line - sometimes the number will be duplicated on multiple lines because those lines have the same title, I also need to create another cell extending that letter/number combo that will differentiate the 1st cell. So the first cell stays the same if the title is the same. The second cell adds another layer of numbering to differentiate the first cell. See example: (Row1, Col 1-4) AK-1, AK-1-1, Title1...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

turning off formula bar
I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. Thanks! --Randy Starkey Tools>Options>View tab, uncheck Formula bar -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Randy Starkey" <randy.starkeyNOSPAM@NOSPAMvictorychurch.com> wrote in message news:12kcghhahv0oif4@corp.supernews.com... |I can't remember or find how to turn off the formula bar in Excel 2003? Can | someone help please. This is the bar that displays cell contents up top. | | Thanks! | | --...

Pasted fractions converted to dates
I'm trying to copy a table containing text, decimals and fractions from a word table into excel. How can i stop the fractions from becoming dates when pasted? ie. 1-5/8 becomes 1/5/2008 and 9/16 becomes 16-Sep. Its the hyphen that is causeing the trouble. A fraction in Excel has the form 1 5/8 with a space between the integer and the fractional parts Can you get rid of the hyphen in the Word doc? best wishes Bernard "Jon_C" <JonCCrouch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192110561.240426.147550@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to copy a table containin...