convert soft line breaks to new cell

I need heeeeeeelp!!!!

I need to export my outlook contacts into Excel in order to do a big
mail merge for a third party.

When i export my contacts folder, if I have more than one address line
in the "Address" part (e.g. top line has "Building Name", second line
has "number and Street Name") it puts both lines into the same cell in
excel with a line break.

This causes problems when I send it to someone else for printing onto
labels etc.

Is there a way in Outlook to force it to export each address line to a
new cell or a way in excel to convert the soft breaks within a cell to
a new cell?

Any info would be mucho appreciated!
Alex

0
band (1)
1/24/2007 4:18:41 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The line break is usually the 0010 character.....maybe 0013

Try Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by>Other

Alt + 0010(using numpad)>Next and if looks OK>Finish.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 24 Jan 2007 08:18:41 -0800, band@jiveaces.com wrote:

>I need heeeeeeelp!!!!
>
>I need to export my outlook contacts into Excel in order to do a big
>mail merge for a third party.
>
>When i export my contacts folder, if I have more than one address line
>in the "Address" part (e.g. top line has "Building Name", second line
>has "number and Street Name") it puts both lines into the same cell in
>excel with a line break.
>
>This causes problems when I send it to someone else for printing onto
>labels etc.
>
>Is there a way in Outlook to force it to export each address line to a
>new cell or a way in excel to convert the soft breaks within a cell to
>a new cell?
>
>Any info would be mucho appreciated!
>Alex

0
Gord

new to outlook
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and a new user. We had a limited number of files or email to be stored in outlook. I am creating a Folders under Inbox so I will just transfer manually what I have receive email from my colleagues. Is there a way telling Outlook to transfer automatically to Folders I have assigned? Do I need a VBA code to accomlish it? Any suggestion or advise is much appreciated. thanks You can transfer automatically through the Rules function in Outlook. Inbox | Tools | Rules and Alerts. New Rule. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "R...

Replace a comma with a period in a cell containing a lastname, first name, middle i
Hello - I am trying to clean some data and need to change all of my names from McLaughlin, Victor, (i.e, comma) W to McLaughlin, Victor.(i.e., period) W Is there an extract and replace formula or method of som sort (in excel or access) that will allow me to pull the first comma from the right and replace it with a period. Thanks for any suggestions! Select the cells you want to change and run this tiny macro: Sub comma_tose() For Each r In Selection v = StrReverse(r.Value) r.Value = StrReverse(Replace(v, ",", ".", 1, 1)) Next End Sub For example: a,b,c,d wi...

Quicken Convert #7
Downloaded Money05 trial. Validated 10 MB quicken file. Followed instructions in Money for conversion, hung-up computer, twice. Reduced size of quicken file to 5 MB. Now receive following error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing other programs and making sure the disk you are copying your file to has enough space. Then try converting the file again. --------------------------------------------------------...

Nested If Function to be converted into a user-defined custom function
Dear Experts: below formula (nested if formula) WORKS FINE in EXCEL 2007, but it is not working in 2003 for known reasons (number of conditions exceeding the limit) . I now would like to create a user-defined custom function (UDF) in Excel 2003. I know how to operate the VBA Editor but I got no idea how this nested If-Formula translates into a VBA-code. Could somebody please help me. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Below formula (nested IF-Function...

Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control?
Dear there, How to Convert MFC App to MFC ActiveX Control? I had a MFC MDI application which is also a COM server. Now there is a need to turn this into an OCX control so that it can be used in a dialog. Your help will be highly appreciated. Jasen You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at work, it works fine for quite some years now). Dear Mr. Pusic, Thank you very much for the information. I will spend time on the paper. Jasen "Goran Pusic" wrote: > You could try with http://www.microsoft.com/mind/0497/mfc.asp (we used it at > wo...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

How to print (not) grid lines?
When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and sometimes not. How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? Claudia Page Setup > Sheet - Gridlines. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Claudia d'Amato" <clauama@wonderworld.com> wrote in message news:4bc9534a$0$6886$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and > sometimes not. > > How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? > > Claudia > ...

tasks to cell phone
How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when f.e. this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I use exchange to send tasks to cell phone. I want to do when >f.e. >this phone is away from the office. This is PDA phone. If you're using a Smartphone you can sync tasks already with ActiveSync. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: >On 14 Dec 2005 11:38:11 -0800, "Filip - beginner" ><fwitkowski@gmail...

Replace Cells with Column names in functions?
I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug because there are also a lot of rows. Is there anyway to change display so it replaces the column name e.g. If(BT1204="X". BA="Y" to If(CustomerName="X", CustomerCode="Y") ? CustomerName is a defined name range for BT1204 Find & Replace Find what: BT1204 Replace with: CustomerName "msnyc07" wrote: > I have a # of fairly long/complex cell functions that get hard to debug > because there are also a lot of rows. > > Is t...

How to convert a Chinese registry value from within a US code page?
First of all, our Win32 MFC VC++ app is not written in Unicode as it should have been. Given that - it reads uninstall information from the windows Uninstall registry tree and writes it to a report. It writes out the displayname of the application. Normally this is not a problem, but when it encounters a Chinese application name, it displays the name as question marks. I assume this is because the string is in Unicode in the registry, but our app is not Unicode so it can't represent the characters. Unfortunately for the moment, converting this very large app to Unicode is not an o...

Set the line weight with VBA in Excel 07
I applied a chart style to a chart. I had the macro recorder on while I manipulated the chart. I saw the code to change the default size of the marker, but I could not get any code to appear for adjusting the line weight of the data series while a chart style is applied. I looked in the series object model and don't see a property by which to set the line weight. The old Border property in 03 is gone. How should I adjust this programatically? Thanks. TL Hi, Try, activechart.SeriesCollection(1).format.line.weight=3 Cheers Andy TroyLee wrote: > I applied a chart style to a c...

Calendar in Cell Validation
I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts to input a date, a "list" box-like functionality pops up that has a calendar and the user may then choose the date by picking with the mouse How would I implement this? Thanks Jerry Try the following Web site. http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm This site's author covers this in a tutorial, but also provides downloads. Mark <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:2r9t51pjmumjk7rjpopo7fuamg81gqkljq@4ax.com... >I want to implement a cell validation such that when the user attempts &g...

Extra Blank Lines
The following macro imports a text file and sorts horse races in time order and puts a blank line in between each race time (which is at the end of the code), which it does admirably. I had some valuable help with this project from group members recently. However, it does create quite a few blank lines en bloc. It's not really a problem, as I search them out and do a delete. Below is the code which a member might use in order to find the cause of the blank lines? Sub Macro1() Range("A2:J601").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A2").Select ...

extract info from cell, then count
I have a 2-part question: (i) I have 1000's of e-mail addresses but want to extract the countr from the e-mail i.e. abc@def.de, where de (Germany) is needed. How d I isolate the ".de" (and others eg .fr, .edu, .com etc etc) (ii) Having done the above, I then need to do a count. Rather than us COUNTIF and include the code for every country in the world, is ther any other way of counting? I guess a Pivot table? thanks, cathal..... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =MID(A1,FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","^",LEN(A1)-LE...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to format a portion of a text string within a cell (as opposed to the entire cell). For example, I would like to format the word 'gift' in red font anywhere it a appears in range C2:C417 but only that word, not the entire cell. Not with conditional formatting. But you could change the actual format for that word (or group of characters)... Saved from a previous post (or two!): If you want to change the color of just the characters, you need VBA in all versions. You want a macro???? Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating ...

VBA to add and remove text within cells
Hi, I have a field named "Postal" at the top of column F that always include a number with 5 digits then a city name then a region name, such as "11090 CARCASSONNE Linguadoca-Rossiglione". I need to create a program to have this field changed as following : "F-11090", then copying "CARCASSONNE" into the City field which is empty (column G). The city name is always starting just one space character after the postcode, same thing for the region name, it always starts one space character after the city name. The region has to be removed completely. ...

text boxes that label axes in line/scatter graphs
I tried to use "SAT-M" as y-axis label, but "M" was cut off (actually went to second line that could not be seen). I tried every trick I know to lengthen the text box, to fit label on one line. Hi, The only way to length chart textboxes is with more text. But at some point more text will cause the content to wrap. The charts textboxes do not have the ability to be sized manually even though the bounding box and grab handles would suggest otherwise. Try adding a few spaces or even non-breaking spaces ALT+0160 (Numpad) Cheers Andy Peg wrote: > I tried to use &qu...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Why are lines appearing to the left and top of my jpeg images?
In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the document lines are appearing to the left and top of the image. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? It's not happening on every .jpg image only on some. Cropping will get rid of it but I have a logo that is already cropped as much as it can be and I can't crop it anymore! Any advice is appreciated. In article <570BA9EB-BFEF-4EA1-B698-B1EDDFE574AD@microsoft.com>, SFL Beach Girl wrote: > In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the > document line...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

go to cell with date equaling TODAY()
Hello! I have a spreadsheet with January 01, 2006 thru December 31, 2006 in ascending order in column A, each date in a different cell (A1, A2, A3, etc.). I don't enter data into this sheet everyday..in fact, months could go by before having to enter an occurance for say, March 31. Is there a way to have excel, upon opening the spreadsheet, advance the cursor to the cell with that day's date in it? -- Thank you all for your help! Using function Date rather than Today() Works for me. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim r As Long Dim T As Long T = Date r = Application.Matc...

Formatting cell for phone numbers
I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that it will look like the following: (937) 123-3456 (937) 129-9876 fax or (937) 123-3456 The word 'fax' is more specifically a label, not necessarily that word. I would like to have carriage returns between the numbers with the possibility of several numbers. This may be confusing and/or too complicated, but I'd like to give it a try. If anyone as suggestions or possible solutions, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks, Craig >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to format a cell with phone numbers so that ...

moving users to new cluster server
I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox method? What is the best way to do this? On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:28:13 -0800, "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote: >I would like to start migrating all my users about 400 mailboxes from one >server with 1 storage group and 5 databases to a cluster server with 2 >storage groups and 3 databases each. Should I go with the move mailbox >method? What is the ...

Cell format options are truncated
When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display properly. Are you editing the cell at the time? You may only see the Font tab if that's the case. Make sure you're not in edit mode before you click on Format|Cells... maria.garciavelazquez@gmail.com wrote: > > When you click on any cell and click to format it, tabs do not display > properly. -- Dave Peterson ...